FM10 Official Newcastle United Thread - Not sponsored by Mike Ashley

John Smith

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Challenge the keeper still works Taylor has scored 5 in 3 games since i tried it. I have put a bid in for Dentinho of £13m £0 upfront then £13m over 48 months and it got accepted. Sunderland have signed Smith for £3.5 m

Challenge the keeper still works Taylor has scored 5 in 3 games since i tried it. I have put a bid in for Dentinho of £13m £0 upfront then £13m over 48 months and it got accepted. Sunderland have signed Smith for £3.5 m

His WP get turned down but I signed Douglas Costa For £9m £0 up front then £9m over 48 months

Harper and Krul will be fine. Begovic has high eccentricity, not what you want in a GK. Spend that mil on somebody else. :)

Any ideas of who would be good, still havnt sold a single player but managed to get 4mil transfer budget from board!

How did you get that 4mil?

I did what i do on fm09, when it says we have received the last of the season ticket money i ask for more money, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. just signed amr zaki so my wage bill is not in the red and i have money to spend, about 2mil now id spend

since Mike Ashley is the Banker from DOND ive been looking for players that aint too pricey and can maybe use once in Prem.

Thomas Kristensen/MC/1mill - Transfer listed and they only want 875k for him. his stats are well good for a championship side.

Iban Zubiaurre/RB/625k - Transfer listed again only 500k not amazing but good for championship cover

Benjani/ST/1.7M - Transfer listed and they want 1.7m he aint the best finisher but hes got 20 team work 20 work rate

Sol Campbell/DC/Free - An old dog but still got the right stats for cover

Dos Santos/MC.AMC.FC/Loan - this kids well good if you can get him on loan can play anywhere top half of the pitch

these are pretty obvious changing the filters around but thoght i would post anyway

I let Butt and Geremi go, mutual termination. Needed their wages. Geremi is now playing for Celtic and Butt is at Burnley. I've been lucky with my loans, got Macheda, Wilshire, Gosling, Merida. And they have been playing most games with Macheda scoring for fun. He is the only stricker that has scored, though? Well I suppose he is playing with Ameobi or Smolarek who is doing rubbish!

has anyone had any success selling anyone yet?only managed to sell smith and failed to get rid of geremi, ameobi or butt.

Sold Geremi for 1.5m to Wigan. Might cancel Butt's contract but it would cost ~350k for mutual termination.

You might want to keep Ameobi unless you have a better striker. He's 2nd choice behind Zaki in my game.

OMG! Just had a news item saying English Businessman Bob Murray has pledged to invest £139m for new players if he succeeds in his £41.5m takeover of Newcastle.

Do you think it's THE Bob Murray, ex Sunderland chairman??

hahaha WHAT?! I'll add him to the Toon dislike list to stop it happening in the future.

Sold Geremi for 1.5m to Wigan. Might cancel Butt's contract but it would cost ~350k for mutual termination.

You might want to keep Ameobi unless you have a better striker. He's 2nd choice behind Zaki in my game.

I agree with that Ameobi has 10 goals in 7 starts for me as Macheda, Carroll, are injured hes doing the job of banging them in.

I'm loving the challenge Newcastle brings with no money to spend, big wage earners and the high expectations, reckon I went tad overboard on the loan signings mind (loads of young guys from Prem clubs), so far Gosling and Vokes look like the better/more useful additions, Jonas out on loan to Lyon has give some room to move in wage department, allowing me to sign a few free agents, Henri Camara being one that impressed in pre-season matches when on trial. Oh and also just got Levan Kenia from Man U on loan, he just signed for them in £9.75m deal, might prove handy.

Just finished the demo I was top of the league and about to play Man City in league cup semi final.

The two must sign players for me are Jack Wilshere on loan and Douglas Costa For £9m a lot i know but he was superb

League table

leaguetabledemo.th.jpg

Squad

squaddemo.th.jpg

I seem to get red carded every second game, its doing my nut in! Anyone else finding this? Taylor has had 2, collocini has had 2, enrique 1, and smith 1 ive just played my 12th game so its 50% dunno how im managing to be 1st with this

I seem to get red carded every second game, its doing my nut in! Anyone else finding this? Taylor has had 2, collocini has had 2, enrique 1, and smith 1 ive just played my 12th game so its 50% dunno how im managing to be 1st with this

Use a less aggressive tackling approach. Should help. Jose Enrique elbowed someone in my game and got banned for 3 matches.:D

Yeah I had the same everyone getting sent off then i switched to default tackling and its been a while since anyone got sent off.

Transfer window just closed. Yeah, I know I'm slow but...:rolleyes:

Transfers In and Out

innout.th.jpg

Current squad, which looks pretty decent

squadb.th.jpg

Off to focus on the matches.

The new tactics system looks great.

What did you do to get rid of Geremi ? nobody ever comes in for him even when I ask for £0

I ve started another new game I am loving fm10

What did you do to get rid of Geremi ? nobody ever comes in for him even when I ask for £0

No clubs will bid for him as he's on high wages. But the decent thing about him (can't believe I'm saying this :D) is that he will willing accept lower wages. Keep lowering his wages before you transfer-list him.

Did the same for Butt but no clubs truly wants him in this case. Will cost me a cool 300k+ in the next few days to release him.

I know me and Bigwig were getting that a lot during testing, we tried to raise it as a bug but people seemed pretty sure it was our tactics. If you can save the matches where it happened, it'd be great if you could send them to me or SI.

No clubs will bid for him as he's on high wages. But the decent thing about him (can't believe I'm saying this :D) is that he will willing accept lower wages. Keep lowering his wages before you transfer-list him.

Did the same for Butt but no clubs truly wants him in this case. Will cost me a cool 300k+ in the next few days to release him.

I didn't think of that as i thought SI had stopped offering lower contracts to players in one of the patches on fm09 (as a bug )

It's true, hard to offer lower wages now. Can't do that for Barton, Smith, Nolan and Jonas. Realistic in a way. It seems that the older players will accept wage cuts though.

Thats good to know it will make things a lot easier

My bad confused with Jimenez. Who's the guy that left us in the summer? Was a scout I think.

Calling out the researcher when you don't even know what your complaining about, classic! :D

It was Lil Fullicio, who left to join Swansea as Chief Scout, which is in the game, so I'd say that was pretty good researching... but I'll let you off this time. In the future though, if you have any data issues, use the Newcastle Data Issues thread in the Data Issues forum.

Saying that, I'm currently checking to make sure Vetere is still at the club as the court release in regards to Keegan suggested he had left.

Zaki and Jonas have been class for me so far. Defence has been great too.

Zaki games 8, goals 7, assist 1, mom 1, average 7.24

Jonas games 8, goals 4, assists 4, mom 4, average 7.61 Definitely form player for me so far. :thup:

Too bad Jonas is now out for 3-4 weeks with a broken jaw. :(

OMG! Just had a news item saying English Businessman Bob Murray has pledged to invest £139m for new players if he succeeds in his £41.5m takeover of Newcastle.

Do you think it's THE Bob Murray, ex Sunderland chairman??

I've just had news of a Bob Murray takeover happening as well. Strange.

EDIT: And has since pulled out :( I was looking forward to having some cash.

Archived