FM10 Portsmouth Thread

Sheer Class

I have been using RVN as my main man and alternating between Dindane and Picquionne mostly....Bringing in Frutos from Anderlecht and Ronaldo with January funds to try and add a little bit to it.

My January Transfers so far though;

McGeady from Celtic £10.5m

Frutos from Anderlecht £1.6m

Simunek from Wolfburg £3.6m

Ronaldo from Corinthians £2m

Marquinhos on loan from Internacional is in the pipeline

Zofcak from Sparta Prague 500k

Stojkovic from Sporting CP £2.5m

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been using RVN as my main man and alternating between Dindane and Picquionne mostly....Bringing in Frutos from Anderlecht and Ronaldo with January funds to try and add a little bit to it.

My January Transfers so far though;

McGeady from Celtic £10.5m

Frutos from Anderlecht £1.6m

Simunek from Wolfburg £3.6m

Ronaldo from Corinthians £2m

Marquinhos on loan from Internacional is in the pipeline

Zofcak from Sparta Prague 500k

Stojkovic from Sporting CP £2.5m

Ahh, don't use em all at once :D You'll lose the settled squad that you have at the moment!

McGeady should be an instant inclusion along with Simunek(lacking in defence after selling Kaboul) The rest are all squad players with maybe Ronaldo getting more games to join RVN up front.

" Have I witnessed a sign of things to come????? Portsmouth Chairman Ali AL Faraj gives me £21.5m from the January transfer window!!!!! "

Bugger !!!! I didn't get that kind of offer, still flat broke with no transfer kitty in mid Jan ..... but I'm in 7th so we're safe !!

" Have I witnessed a sign of things to come????? Portsmouth Chairman Ali AL Faraj gives me £21.5m from the January transfer window!!!!! "

Bugger !!!! I didn't get that kind of offer, still flat broke with no transfer kitty in mid Jan ..... but I'm in 7th so we're safe !!

Same here buddy :( I'm past January and I never received any money, I must of got a tight Chairmen, my luck!

Unfortunately not. I forgot to add Avram Grant so have to do without him,.

I also forgot Grant until that was mentioned, its only a little thing, but its making me want to start again! Grr.

Sitting mid-table at the moment, nearing end of season :thdn: Wanted a bit higher than this!

I haven't used Cuvelier at all but I was surprised at how well Pablo Alvors did for me in pre season as well as Nlundulu. The latter looking the more likely to get into the First team sooner.

Signed John Fleck on loan for £525k with an option of £3m at any time

Haven't got round to looking at him this year, is he as prolific as FM09? If he is, thats a great price?

I'm tempted to start my game again to be honest, as I'm getting heavily frustrated with this one, I'm going to blame it on starting without 10.1 patch :p

January Update:

This was going to be an even busier month than December with 7 matches in total.

The opening exchange was a visit of Liverpool to Fratton Park and to make it more interesting it was FA Cup 3rd round day. The reds made a couple of quite peculiar changes to thier team for this alomost as if Rafa either wasn't bothered by the FA cup or though we'd be easy to overcome. There was no Gerrard and no Torrres :eek:. This proved costly to Rafa as a single goal from new signing Frutos was enough to squeak a win and a passage to round 4.

Following this was the league visit of Man Utd and unlike Liverpool they did play full strength and it showed in the display of football Portsmouth fans had grown used to seeing but not from the opposition. It was not helped with Mokoena getting himself sent of midway through the first half. A James og, a Rooney piledriver and a Vucinic clinical finish gave Man Utd a 3-0 win and Pompey a timely reminder that there was still a way to go yet.

Following this was a trip to Arsenal, but after the learning I took from last time we met I played with a more attacking formation and it so very nearly paid off. Jan Simunek in his first appearance for the club scored a headed goal from a corner to put pompey 1-0 up midway thoguh the first half but shortly after he had to come off with an injury meaning I had to revert back to a slightly weaker defence. For nearly an hour I was holding off the gunners but with time running out Aaron Ramsey let rip and James was helpless. 1-1 at the Emirates was still acceptable to me.

Wigan were the next visitors to Fratton and they meant business. Roallega scored to put Wigan 1-0 up but Van Nistlerooy pulled it back 5 minutes later. For the next 50 minutes it was a stalemate then Belletti was sent off and Wigan capitalised was a Titus Bramble goal. Things looked bleak but then Yebda wanted to sign off before his African cup of nations hiatus in true style. A headed corner goal and a long range clearance in Injury time sealed the win for a memorable 3-2 fightback.

It was FA Cup 4th round next and it meant the visit of West Brom. I decided to blood a few of the new signings for this one and it did pay off.

Ronaldo made his mark on his debut scoring a peach of a finish after only 15 minutes. As we'd domintaed play thus far I decided to experiment with the formation and go even more attacking. This didn't seem to pay off though and when West Brom got an equaliser on 70 minutes I reverted back and then the goals came back Van Nistlerooy on 82 and Marquinhos on 87 sealed the win and a trip to round 5.

3 days later came the visit of West Ham and this was my worst performance in a while. Nothing worked and it seemed West Ham had our number. 2 Ashton goals including a 30 yarder sealed a defeat at home 2-0.

The final game of the month was the visit to Stoke and this was a game that needed to be won to get things back on track. Sidibe scoring after 7 minutes was not what we needed and for much of the first half stoke were the stronger team. then on 37 minutes Krivets popped up with a cracking strike to draw us level. With a bit of a rollocking at half time the team played out of thier skins and should of had 3 or 4 goals before Frutos scored to seal a 2-1 win with a headed effort from a Belletti cross.

A fairly good month considering the opponents currently laying 7th but 11 points off of Everton in 6th so unlikely to really push on but safe from the drop zone.

P26 W11 D5 L10 F35 A40 Pts38

Transfers.

Out:

Van Der Meyde -> RBC -> £1m

In:

Aiden Mcgeady -> Celtic -> £10.5m

Nicolas Frutos -> Anderlecht -> £1.6m

Jan Simunek -> Wolfburg -> £3.6m

Ronaldo -> Corinthians -> £2m

Marquinhos on loan from Internacional

Igor Zofcak -> Sparta Prague -> 500k

Vladimir Stojkovic -> Sporting CP -> £2.5m

Deco -> Chelsea -> £575k :eek: (although I have seen this reported a few times

Aaron Lennon on Loan from Spurs :eek: :eek: I had to pay £1m loan fee but have a £13m agreement. Unlikely that i'll be able to take advantage of it but if Uncle Al Faraj wants to be nice

Just started my Pompey game so am only in September atm - but I think FM has it in for me fixtures wise lol - first 5 matches are Arsenal (h), Liverpool (h), Chelsea (a), Aston Villa (a) and Man Utd (h) - taking the **** or what lol.

Anyway, I started with no editing so having noticed the suggested edits at the top of this thread I may restart as not far in - progress so far:

Signed:

Sebastian Viera (G) free

Nzelo Lembi (DC, DM, MC) free

Andy Van Der Meyde (AM RL) free

Sold:

Hayden Mullins to Ipswich £3.1m

Papa Bouba Diop to Spurs £6.75m

Tommy Smith to Sunderland Loan for £275k + £1.5m if they keep him

Trying to sell: Kanu, James, Hughes, Bassinas to reduce wage bill and free up a bit more funds.

That after wage adjustments left me with £2.3m to spend which I still have.

Results:

Reserves (h) won 4-1

Havant & Waterlooville (a) won 8-0

Home Farm (a) won 5-0

Petrolul (a) won 5-0

Sportul (a) won 5-1

H. Lupeni (a) won 2-0

Jiul (a) won 4-0

so went into the season full of confidence lol

Arsenal (h) lost 0-1

Liverpool (h) won 2-0

Plymouth (h) LC won 4-1

Chelsea (a) lost 0-4

Aston Villa (a) lost 0-2

next up if I don't edit/restart is Man Utd (h)

Currently 16th P4 W1 D0 L3 F2 A7 Pts3

My team is playing 532 due to lack of options and injuries.

GK S Viera

DR Vanden Borre

DL Belhadj

DC Kaboul

DC Lembi

DC Ben Haim

MC Boatang

MC Yebda

MC O'Hara

SC Utaka

SC Piquionne

Subs:

Whatever is left lol

Well my first FM10 game has taken me down to the South coast. Starting XI is

GK: James

DR: Finnan

DL: Shorey (Loan)

DC: Bel Haim

DC: Herman

MR: Smith

MC: O'Hara

MC: Mokena

ML: Belhadj

FC: Benjani (£1.2 from City)

FC: Dindane

Got rid of a couple of MC as the squad was overloaded with them. Sold Kaboul for £5m to Stoke as I needed cash.

Benjani, Smith and Dindane have been fantastic. Sat top of the league after 6 games including a 1-0 win at home to United. Coming to the end of December and I have not won in 10 games. Leaking goals left right and centre. Now in 13th but I'll take that come the end of the season. Need to sort this defence out though.

I cannot wait for my shot at this! Gettin fm2010 later this week, but i'm salivating already. I've been playing with Portsmouth on fm09 and I'm in my sixth season now, with 2 uefa cups, 1 champions league and 1 premier leauge title to be happy with. I'm really looking forward to managing portsmouth from relegation the chmapions again, but it looks like its going to be harder this season. Still, i smell an free transfer with appiah in the air :p

I suppose this would be a good time for me to swap games, as on fm09 with Portsmouth in the space of two games: sergio aguero has been ruled out for 4 months, milevyski for 2 months, marquinhos, todorov and higuain for 1 month! lol, it leaves me with saivet upfront with some youth players as back up, oh and an extremely aged Saviola (33yrs). And in the next month I've got two legs to play against Real Madrid and Arsenal and Chelsea away, lol. I think my luck may have ran out!

Hi am trying to implement the changes as posted on first page by Sheer Class, in the editor.

Everytime i think i have done it right i load up the game start as Portsmouth and none of the changes have taken affect.

Could some kind soul please post a idiots guide on how to make the changes in the editor.

Hi am trying to implement the changes as posted on first page by Sheer Class, in the editor.

Everytime i think i have done it right i load up the game start as Portsmouth and none of the changes have taken affect.

Could some kind soul please post a idiots guide on how to make the changes in the editor.

When you save the new database do you do save as, also when making a new game do you changed the database to the one you made and not 10.00 or 10.01?

Ah right i think i know where i have been going wrong now.

When i had made the changes, i have been just clicking save as then highlighting the Config and then hitting save.

So i take it i should be saving the changes under a new name?

I have a big problem with debt, only started my game today. Apparently they have to pay off 23.5m worth of debt in one go? I was £1m in the black till then. I'm now done. Probably end up in administration because of this. To make things worse, lost the opening game of the season 2-0 at home to Spurs. :(

I have a big problem with debt, only started my game today. Apparently they have to pay off 23.5m worth of debt in one go? I was £1m in the black till then. I'm now done. Probably end up in administration because of this. To make things worse, lost the opening game of the season 2-0 at home to Spurs. :(

You didn't do SC's suggested changes as the debt is reduced

Ah right i think i know where i have been going wrong now.

When i had made the changes, i have been just clicking save as then highlighting the Config and then hitting save.

So i take it i should be saving the changes under a new name?

Thats what I did on 09 dont know about this one as I havent used the editor yet.

3 games in; lost away to blackburn 2-1, home 0-0 to birmingham and then a 3-2 home win v wigan.

sold diop ashdown mullins and brown on loan to wigan.

trying to get ruud from madrid who dont want a transfer fee but he wants the same wages; i can only go to 50k per week...how did the others get him?

paid £20+m back in debt and then received the same back in an investment?....so i have no debt but no transfer pot either!

still willing and dealing before the window shuts!

as an aside aaron lennon just went on loan to sunderland; damn i missed that one!

trying to get ruud from madrid who dont want a transfer fee but he wants the same wages; i can only go to 50k per week...how did the others get him?

as an aside aaron lennon just went on loan to sunderland; damn i missed that one!

I transferred all the money made from selling Kaboul(£7.25m) on wages and I was able to afford him.

Glad I didn't miss out on Lennon

Second season now. Sitting 4th towards the end of September. Got a take over during June that gave me a £28m transfer budget. It was needed as well. Whole team needed a re-vamp after a decent 14th in the first season.

Team is

Bergovic

Neill (Free)

Bel Haim

Sivestre

Bejhadj

Taarabt (Free)

Pionemme or something (£8m signing from some french club)

Mokoena

Smith (need a replacemnet)

Riquelme (Free)

Mitesiskyi (Ukranian ST signed from Kiev for £9.5)

Playing 4-5-1 with Riqueleme in the trequarista role. He has played 8 scored 4 with 6 assists. The Ukaranian striker I have signed is banging them in. 6 games 9 goals.

Fallen behind in my updates so I'll summeriese what happened in the final few months.

I finished the season in teh very respectable 7th which on any normal given season could be enough for europe but unfortunately due to West Ham beating Man Utd at OT and Ipswich then beating them in the Semi Finals of the FA Cup, they got the spot in Europe as Runnes Up to Chelsea as they got into the Champions League through League Position....I was gutted but what can you do. I finished 8 points adrift of Everton who were in 6th and 3 points ahead of Liverpool in 8th. Tottenham took 3rd place and Arsenal 4th for the Champions League with Man City taking 5th.

A few notible results; Beat Liverpool 2-1 at FP with Deco finishing off a sublime counter attacking movement. Lost 6-4 to Man City at FP in a truely seesaw match only ruined by Belletti getting sent off. Beat Sunderland 5-2 at Stadium of Light with a cracking attacking spectacle from Frutos scoring 4 and finally beat fulham 7-1 at craven cottage on the final day when I still though I could get into Europe.

Out of my January transfers Frutos, Lennon and Deco were of particular pleasure with Deco chipping in some fantastic long range goals and chipping in 10 assists. Frutos ended up joint top scorer with Van Nistlerooy as he was used as a targetman and his height paid dividends. Lennons pace down the wing helped with the crosses that Frutos was putting in.

I have sold Tommy Smith(£2.5m), Namouchi(£2.7m), Smolarek(£3.2m) and Heridderson(sp?)(free) to give me some transfer budget but nice Uncle Al Faraj has chipped in with £21m more for the 2nd season.

I am in a position to buy Lennon for the £13m agreed and I am also bringing in Vanden Borre. I am not bringing in Yebda permanantly but I am in the market for a decent DMC for around £5m.

Fratton Park is being developed with 10800 extra seats being added.

Plenty to look forward to in the 2nd season with a good solid foundation now made.

I am in a position to buy Lennon for the £13m agreed and I am also bringing in Vanden Borre. I am not bringing in Yebda permanantly but I am in the market for a decent DMC for around £5m.

Look no further than Anthony Annan :thup: I brought him in for Portsmouth at the start of the first season, (replaced Diop). And my god, the lad is a monster :D

I restarted after doing the suggested changes to finances and tbh it's not gone well:(

1st Season - finished 15th and lost in FA Cup S/F - Brought in Ebi Smolarek, Andy Van Der Meyde and Nzelo Lembi on frees in the summer, and Jan Kristiansen £800k and Billy Jones £2.8m in Jan, Sold Papa Bouba Diop £4m, Hayden Mullins £3.2m and Jamie Ashdown £625k.

2nd Season (currently end of Feb) - 18th, out of cups, best striker is Nugent with 20 in 34, then Fleck with 13 in 28 - Was given £17m transfer funds in the summer, brought in Anthony Vanden Borre £2.3m, Nick Shorey £1.7m, Andres D'Alessandro £6m, Arni Guatur Arason £140k, Sebastian Viera £3.2m, John Fleck £2.5m, let loads go free.

There's been no sign of any takeovers or extra funds:( and no matter what I try I can't get any form going (apart from poor) - one week we'll beat Arsenal 4-1 easily, then lose to Hull and Wigan - any suggestions? atm I'm playing 4-3-3, but I've tried 4-1-2-1-2, 4-5-1, 4-4-2 diamond, 4-2-3-1.

Right I've jsut reached the January transfer period of the first season, couldn't have gone much worse! Started on a high with a win, but since then i've only managed 2 more 20 odd games in, currently lie 19th with 14 points... terrible I know :rolleyes:

Didnt manages to sell anyone during the July transfer window, have cancelled loan deals for Ohara and Piquonne (playing terribly) to free up some wages, also just sold Ashdown for 700k tried to get Beckham on a free but lost out to West Ham :mad:

So I find myself strugglign at the bottom, much like the real portsmouth, I believe we have been playing well, and it'll only take a slight change in our fortunes for the wins to come...currently playing a narrow 4-1-2-1-2.

Dindane, Utaka and Smith are doing ok for me, but none could be called prolific, 5 goals max i believe...Basinas and Hughes have been good for me, Ben-Haim has been great, Kaboul problematic... Yebda and Vanden borre have held the middle with Diop on occasions, done well, it just seems the team is seriously lacking in firepower, and belhadj/Heridarsson jsut arne't good enough...Belhadji surprises me! Boateng is miserable all the time and hasn't been that great for me...could be sold I guess...swap him for Deco...

I desperately need a decent goalscorer... does anyone know of any suitable (free) players? I'm assuming its best that i go for older experienced players...I have 450k budget...

Despite everything, I'm absolutely loving the game at the moment, the board have been very patient, but i think if i don't turn things around very very quickly it could be all over...

Play Up Pompey!!!:D

Archived