FM10 Official Arsenal Thread - You can win anything with kids!

arsenal_2111

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eduardo has been good for me so far, I'm using him as a Poacher, with RvP and Arshavin as Inside Forwards. Not made many signings, only 2 in fact. Julio Baptista (thought he could add a bit of muscle in midfield, even though his natural position is a left winger - surely that can't be right), and I signed Guti for cheap too, mainly because of his experience. I like the look of Jonathan Cristaldo, his technical stats look brilliant and he can be snapped up fairly cheaply too. Physical stats aren't up to much, but 19 Teamwork + Work Rate, 16 Composure and 17 Anticipation aren't too bad, might use him as backup to Eduardo.

EDIT: Scratch that, couldn't get a permit for Cristaldo.

Has anyone checked out Antonio Cassano?? He looks absolutely amazing this time around. Definitely a guy I'm gonna pick up at some point in the game. I would actually have bought him right away but I just wanna give the current crop a chance first! But for 15M odd, he looks absolutely brilliant!

Yeah, I went for him on my game. He ended up going to Chelsea, and did alright for them. They also signed Van Nistelrooy, strangely.

Missed out on the chance to sign Vieira in September, he got released and Lyon snapped him up :(

I've just bought Cassano, in addition to Dzeko :D

But i'm struggling to find a good ball winning midfielder to partner Fabregas in the centre, has anyone got any ideas?

Try Melo... It's difficult to sign him seeing as he just signed for Juve but in my save (Juve) he is performing like a beast... and I use him as ball winning midfielder as well

I saw some people in here signed Dzeko...

What would he be best at: Advanced Forward or Deep Lying Forward?

have him as an Advanced Forward for me :)

at ballinisahabit

i have Fabregas as an Advanced Playmaker although i don't have the playmaker option switch on for him... also have him as free roaming aswell

Only had 3 competitive games so far.

First was a 1-0 win vs Blackburn, Arshavin with a late goal.

Then, lost 3-1 away at Fiorentina in CL Qualifying, Dzeko scoring for us. Tough draw eh.

Then this game against Fulham came next

epicgamek.png

What a match!!

This puts my top scorers to Cesc, Dzeko and Arshavin on 2 each.

I drew with Manchester United 3-3. Guarente gave us the lead, but Man U came roaring back and the massively over-rated Berbatov (in my opinion) caused havoc in our defence and scored the equaliser. He then later set up Di Natale to make it 2-1. Then Rooney scored after an Otamendi cock up. So 3-1 down, I was thinking "here we go again".

Well Arshavin managed to score a header, of all things. Then Walcott scored from 20 yards to make it 3-3 :D

Anyone else try Rvp as a trequ(unspellable) striker. simply sensational. and am i the only one a bit disappointed with the stats given to vermaelen and arshavin, would have thought booth would be better esp vermaelen considering the start he's had irl. (better long shot stat no?)

Vermaelen was rated based off last year's performance for Ajax by the Ajax researcher. No one has been rated by this year's form, not until the new patch anyway, so Vermalen will look rather bad for an Arsenal defender for the time being.

I think Arshavin is about right for me. He's still a beast.

I can't seem to get van Persie to perform for me currently. He started off well but has seemed to tail off and is struggling to get into good form. I have him as a Deep Lying Forward. Might give him a go as the Trequartista.

I decided to start a new game because I've made some terrible mistakes. I beat fulham and birmingham by 6 goals each, and had a storming pre season, but then came Blackburn, Anderlecht and Man Utd. I tied the first two, and was outclassed by Man utd 3-0. Could have been worse but, Enyeama, well he's class in this version! Picked up Veloso, Otamendi, Enyeama, Vargas, Rodley Sneijder, Vidal and Muggleton (who looks like a class young goalkeeper!) I already hate my tactic because Im trying to make one akin to Wengers 4-3-3

-----------Eduardo-----------

------Arshavin--Walcott------

----------Fabregas-----------

-------Song---Veloso---------

Clichy-Vermaelen-Gallas-Sagna

-----------Enyeama----------

but it's not working well. I tried giving Fabregas all the freedom he needed in midfield, but it's not working out well. Looks like I'll need to rethink my tactics!

That's probably what the problems been, because Fabregas is getting crowded out in midfield. I also play with Eduardo as poacher, arshavin and walcott as inside forwards, Fab as Advanced playmaker, Veloso as support, and Song as defensive midfielder. I think I need a right winger anyways... suggestions?? Walcott just can't cut it. Also Sulley Muntari looks really decent in this game and I got him for £13 million in my save.

Any ideas in here for a box-to-box midfielder to go with Cesc?

or a right winger?

--Cesc----Denilson--

-----Rolfes-----

Cesc : Advanced playmaker

Denilson : Ball winning MF

Rolfes : Anchor man

Works like a treat for me

That's probably what the problems been, because Fabregas is getting crowded out in midfield. I also play with Eduardo as poacher, arshavin and walcott as inside forwards, Fab as Advanced playmaker, Veloso as support, and Song as defensive midfielder. I think I need a right winger anyways... suggestions?? Walcott just can't cut it. Also Sulley Muntari looks really decent in this game and I got him for £13 million in my save.

There shouldn't be a problem with walcott playing there, despite his tech stats being on the lower side to start. His pace and agility should be enough for him to do a half decent job there, just be sure to get his settings right and he should be fine...he is for me at least :D

Just played till the end of December and got royally screwed! Didn't make any signings at all and made my own tactic which didn't really work out the way I would have liked. But tbh, part of the reason was my two main players both getting injured about a month in till Jan - Cesc & Van Persie. Include that with injuries that we already have, it's no wonder I struggled so much.

Still, it gave me a chance to try out Diaby etc a little more and I'm pleased to announce that I can now happily sell Abou and have no regrets at all! Rubbish!

Gonna start again and this time I'll make changes. Might be quite a few as well, lets see. :)

Damn straight, Senderos had better be good :cool:

And also, Song had better be good this version, I haven't moaned for the past two releases for nothing.

You'll actually be pleased to know that Song is pretty damn good on this version. Not world-class by any means but with the stats he currently has, I'm definitely not gonna look to sell him off in a hurry. Might probably still bring in a starter who's better but Song will certainly be around on rotation at the very least. I just wish there's a little gap between his CA & PA so he can improve a little. :)

Archived