The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

Still 5 days left until the game is being released, the waiting is killing me !!!!!!!, worst part is that i already completed uncharted 2 , i had hoped it would last until i got FM 10.

Well, just be patient! 5 days will pass very quickly and before you know it, you will be playing FM 2010!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how impressed am i on the demo-

well i was upset 10 minutes ago when after beating west ham in the cup, 1st in division 1 after 24 games, and realising that my success has come from quickly understanding the tactics system, which i did after about 7 games, and suddenly realising that wow the feedback from my staff is amazing, with advice like playing a 4231 asometric and being told that leighton orient struggle against teams that play 442, play deep and other good info, i change the formation but keep my match tactics and see huddersfield town pull off a 6-0 demoliting, suddenly stopped and saved, oh no that means that the demo has finished.

oh i also love watching from touchline in 3d,

so my feedback is that im buying it for definately.

and to show you how good ive done

huddersfieldtowntop.jpg

Is it not too easy to be a manager in FM2010 ?

What makes the game so easy ?

well i was upset 10 minutes ago when after beating west ham in the cup, 1st in division 1 after 24 games, and realising that my success has come from quickly understanding the tactics system, which i did after about 7 games, and suddenly realising that wow the feedback from my staff is amazing, with advice like playing a 4231 asometric and being told that leighton orient struggle against teams that play 442, play deep and other good info, i change the formation but keep my match tactics and see huddersfield town pull off a 6-0 demoliting, suddenly stopped and saved, oh no that means that the demo has finished.

huddersfieldtowntop.jpg

Still I'm reapeating, the 3D engine has changed in easy, as I'm noticing that the player movement and reactivity is really down !

Just see the number of interceptions and tackle, which seems quiet less.

Player are not fighting to get the ball, they are waiting too much, which makes the game of course easier !

huddersfieldtowntop.jpg

Maybe it's too easy, but it's easy because (as far as he's claiming) he's applied sensible and logical footballing principles and got good results because of that. That is far more preferable than the game being too hard because most people don't fully understand the slider system and it gives a good base for SI to build on in making the game a challenge to play.

Still I'm reapeating, the 3D engine has changed in easy, as I'm noticing that the player movement and reactivity is really down !

Just see the number of interceptions and tackle, which seems quiet less.

Player are not fighting to get the ball, they are waiting too much, which makes the game of course easier !

I agree this is one of the reasons that is easier. i just played a match with Brazil and it was to organised to clean LOL, i went pass their defenders without getting challenged much not pressured the only things that stopped me was far shots and mistakes, then they got the ball ,i dominated all the match surpisingly and won :mad: and no i'm not happy about it.

So, please someone at SI can quickly patch this parameter ( if it's easy ) in order to increase the reaction of the player around the ball. To much difference of ball possession in FM2010 and less fight for ball !!

Pleqse do something!

I agree this is one of the reasons that is easier. i just played a match with Brazil and it was to organised to clean LOL, i went pass their defenders without getting challenged much ,i dominated all the match surpisingly and won :mad: and no i'm not happy about it.

So, please someone at SI can quickly patch this parameter ( if it's easy ) in order to increase the reaction of the player around the ball. To much difference of ball possession in FM2010 and less fight for ball !!

Pleqse do something!

im not saying increase the difficulty to a whole new level, but make the A.I more smarter to put more of a challenge. I feel 09 was the the kind of the right difficulty and FM just got al,ittle bit easier .but im not saying its difficulty is Easy, im saying its easyier which is not good. Good grief Woman Do it for mankind !!!!!

I agree, and I'm saying : if you have to win, please win with challenge, fight, and use energy to win. For me it's about AI reactivity, but an SI expert could better comment this...

im not saying increase the difficulty to a whole new level, but make the A.I more smarter to put more of a challenge. I feel 09 was the the kind of the right difficulty and FM just got al,ittle bit easier .but im not saying its difficulty is Easy, im saying its easyier which is not good. Good grief Woman Do it for mankind !!!!!

i won my matches with huddersfield by first off having a system that suited my playing style which is a very fluid system, watching the full match, shouting stuff from touchline, every 15 minutes checking what my ass man wanted to tell me also understanding the half time team talk strategy. this has got me where i am in the league. i am not a 1st time user ive played fm since the very beginning and understand si tactical systems, i have also lost and drawn matches stupidly.

i am also impressed with the way they have coded the players, as i have noticed that Jordan Rhodes loves heading more than shooting as he does in real life. i also look at their stats and am impressed by the stats layout where you can see their passing fazes in 3d which gives you a good idea of how they like to pass where they shoot from more successfully,

what makes this version easier is the nice flowing menu's, ease of use which warms you into play it like 9-12 hours a day.

Glenn of SI has ask in the 3D forum bug a pkm upload, as don't have any real example in hand, Fmobande, could please post your match and analysis stat to Glenn, do you have it ready ? If yes, it will be great as SI wants to know the pb about it. ( I've posted a summary of the pb but can't more ! )

Thanks.

I agree this is one of the reasons that is easier. i just played a match with Brazil and it was to organised to clean LOL, i went pass their defenders without getting challenged much not pressured the only things that stopped me was far shots and mistakes, then they got the ball ,i dominated all the match surpisingly and won :mad: and no i'm not happy about it.

Glenn of SI has ask in the 3D forum bug a pkm upload, as don't have any real example in hand, Fmobande, could please post your match and analysis stat to Glenn, do you have it ready ? If yes, it will be great as SI wants to know the pb about it. ( I've posted a summary of the pb but can't more ! )

Thanks.

OK i will !!! its up to fmobande and mightymind to save FM

Friday can't come quick enough for me. Going out of my mind here. Demo was like injecting an old ex-addict with some weak heroin and then telling him he'll have to wait 2 weeks for his next shot of the good stuff. Presumably.

i don't do drugs

Friday can't come quick enough for me. Going out of my mind here. Demo was like injecting an old ex-addict with some weak heroin and then telling him he'll have to wait 2 weeks for his next shot of the good stuff. Presumably.

i don't do drugs

What the F..

For goodness sake -Everyone who agree's with this point about FM is to organised it should be more live and aggressive ect. join Me and Mightymind, we will protest till S.I fixes this

join Chickenlegs(thats the crew name)

to join, phone: 0161fixthisbug32889

or PM fmobande

Or send a text saying S.I listen woman to 1748

JOIN NOW!

Based on the demo lots of people seem to be using the ability to spread transfer payments over 48 months to bypass limits on transfer budgets.

Maybe this will come back to bite them in the full game as they'll be unable to spend any more money for 4 years but seeing what some people are able to do in the first transfer window by doing this seems slightly ridiculous.

The UI is slow for me, much more than 2009.

I press for example the back button and i have to wait 2-3 secs, while on FM 2009 the page change was almost instantly.

Also the 3d on FM2009 worked wonderfully while now i have some lag problems...

The UI is slow for me, much more than 2009.

I press for example the back button and i have to wait 2-3 secs, while on FM 2009 the page change was almost instantly.

Also the 3d on FM2009 worked wonderfully while now i have some lag problems...

What is the specifications of your PC? I think that your graphics drivers are outdated.

Just out of interest, I'm not going to go through all 16 pages, but have they actually updated ANY stats? Walcott has the exact same stats as last year, despite now being an established England international. His technical stats are an utter joke!

Other than that, really enjoying the game :)

Just out of interest, I'm not going to go through all 16 pages, but have they actually updated ANY stats? Walcott has the exact same stats as last year, despite now being an established England international. His technical stats are an utter joke!

Other than that, really enjoying the game :)

Plenty of players have had changes. As for Walcott, have you tried playing him and seeing how he does in matches?

Plenty of players have had changes. As for Walcott, have you tried playing him and seeing how he does in matches?

Are you saying he would play differently despite having the same stats? I'm not saying that others, but there seems to be a high number of players with the same stats as last year, or were simply overlooked. Walcott seems to be the best example of this.

I posted this in the Arsenal data issues:

"Just a quick look and the end of a save game:

Passing - 9 examples of better player with attribute - Wayne Bridge, Peter Crouch, Bendter along with a host of people I've never even heard of on frees.

First touch - 11 - Pascal Chimbonda, Scott Carson (!?), infact actually a massive list of GKs... Seriously?

Crossing - 9 - Gary Caldwell, Metzelder, Miranda, Gignac, Yakubu. Three of those are centre backs!

dribbling - 13 - Madjid Bougherra, Naldo, Peter Crouch...

Finishing - 12 - Carvalho, Harry Kewell, Jelle Van Damme."

If that seems ok to you, then fair enough. But for me, his stats are a total joke.

I wonder if Arsenal fans would stop greeting if every single of their players under the age of 21 had a PA of -10...

Besides, it belongs in the database forum on the dedicated Arsenal thread not in here.

Sick of this every single year, moaning and greeting.

That's ok, I'm an Ipswich fan... And I have posted it in the data forums, he was merely a good example of the point I was trying to illustrate in my first post.

Not only that, I said nothing of his PA, only his starting stats. I imagine Walcott's PA is fine, I personally have no idea what it is.

Before commenting, try reading the prior posts.

Are you saying he would play differently despite having the same stats? I'm not saying that others, but there seems to be a high number of players with the same stats as last year, or were simply overlooked. Walcott seems to be the best example of this.

I posted this in the Arsenal data issues:

"Just a quick look and the end of a save game:

Passing - 9 examples of better player with attribute - Wayne Bridge, Peter Crouch, Bendter along with a host of people I've never even heard of on frees.

First touch - 11 - Pascal Chimbonda, Scott Carson (!?), infact actually a massive list of GKs... Seriously?

Crossing - 9 - Gary Caldwell, Metzelder, Miranda, Gignac, Yakubu. Three of those are centre backs!

dribbling - 13 - Madjid Bougherra, Naldo, Peter Crouch...

Finishing - 12 - Carvalho, Harry Kewell, Jelle Van Damme."

If that seems ok to you, then fair enough. But for me, his stats are a total joke.

I'm saying if you actually play the game, you should see Walcott is a useful player with the ratings he has.

What's wrong with Bridge and Crouch being better passers than Walcott?

First touch, same thing, Scott Carson a strange one obviously. More likely Carson is overrated.

Centre backs - I have no idea if they are decent crossers, they might be though?

Dribbling - Walcott is a lot quicker than them, he uses pace when dribbling more than they do. At 13 with 19 for acceleration and pace, he'll be a pretty decent dribbler.

Finishing - 12 is a decent rating, any higher and he'd be up there with regular goalscorers.

I really enjoyed the demo.

I found the skin a bit of getting used to but I'm please with all the feedback I get from coaches and setting up tactics for games is far easier.

I will be buying the game and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Pleased to hear no activation issues this time as I'm very happy to play with the disc in all the time.

Good work SI.

noticed on that league table with huddersfield top of the league that all the clubs didnt actually have the club badge.....have they not got the official license?????

Basically to avoid large downloads they didnt add graphics at all.the full game will include club badges but not prem teams:thup:

• 2 weeks later...
I've experienced some really bad decisions in the 3D match engine. A fair few blatent offsides (when I say blatent, I mean 5-10 yards offside) which have led to goals which weren't disallowed. Also some really harsh challenges which were definite fouls, but the referee didn't blow up for them. Also had a couple of ridiculous goals. A cross from near the corner spot floated into the goal and the keeper didn't even move. Also had a keeper run to the wing to sliding tackle someone eventhough there were defenders covering the area, and the keeper missed which ended up with a goal.

To me that sounds like the game adding realism to the officials not always getting the call right, and the other sounds like your goalkeeper just plain sucks.

For me, The Skin (UI) still is getting use to, after several games. Now I read in another thread and I agree when one of the users (the op of the thread) I think that the information that the game places for you is overwhelming. One of this things is to have the Inbox, the news and the transfer news windows. Three all different windows which personally could be in one window the inbox. There is much more things about this FM I liked and other not so much.

I'm preparing my personal review of the game, but to give it a fair review I will play a little further. Anyway the game is not that simplistic in my opinion (from what I Saw now) comparing to the previous versions (FM09 not included) who far more simplistic (not referring the features) and they where still fun.

There is now too much windows, too much going on in the game, that I feel kind of lost. The inbox, news and transfers news is what comes to mind now (not at home right now).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say first that I think SI do a great job listening to us to get feedback and very active on the forum. We all have our own opinions on how we want FM to work and what needs to be introduced etc. But overall SI try their best to listen to us.

I was so fed up with FM09 because of the ridiculous amount of bugs. I binned the game and headed for CM2010. I purchased it on the cheap and have to say some of the new features they introduced out shined FM09 and also did the same to FM2010. I have listed below what FM need to improve on - however this is my opinion. I was delighted when I left FM09 for a while, and to come back and see that SI was working on rectifying the bugs issue in the game engine. This put a smile back on my face and decided I will give the demo a try.

I didn't like CM2010 that much apart from some new features they introduced that were far better than in FM09 or FM2010. I got the I miss FM syndrome, but still had a quirky feeling that it didn't give me any excitement. So I took a deed breath and downloaded FM2010.

I have only played FM2010 for a few hours - so I understand this is not much to go on by comparing it - somewhat unethical. But I did immediately check out the old features and compare them to CM2010 new features. At first I don't like the new layout, most probably because I'm not used to it - this may grow on me over time. I felt let down by the same boring press conferences, the same nasty boring training schedules. I was disappointed that SI did not bring in a free-kick creator like in CM2010. The graphics seem better than before - the 3D match engine is improved but I feel it's not polished up enough - next year may see it take an ever bigger step forward. No new scouting network - still unrealistic (scouting around 100 players within a month or two is complete fantasy), CM has stole the show with this one I feel. Analysis tool seems good, except I cant get it to work - I get nothing (seems so simple to analyse things if it appeared). Touchline shouts are brilliant for quick instructions - superb introduction. I love the introduction of the tactical creator - superb work has been put into this.

Overall I'm not that impressed but its early days. I have to give praise to SI for sorting these bugs out - although I've noticed a few in the demo. Hopefully the game will grow on me. I wish they'd done more work on it though to change those old boring parts. I'm hoping for next year they will overhaul the training, scouting, media conferences and press newspaper stories, and introduce a free-kick creator. These areas that I feel need developed and massively improved - CM has overtaken FM on these elements. But FM is still the king of football management gaming.

They have done well to improve some old things and bring in new things but still need to work on a few of the oldies to bring up to stretch. More time playing it may put a bigger smile on my face. I'm happy with it and feel its better than CM. CM id give 7/10 FM id give 8/10. If SI can take on board some of the things CM have done to improve their game and perhaps steal them they'd stretch further away and become a 10/10.

Im impressed so don't feel this is a dig or negativity. I like the feel of FM2010 and I have excitement to go and buy the game.

Archived