The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game looks like it will be the best FM ever. There are some minor flaws, but nothing serious (sofar :D) - I think if the release a patch soon after the game has been released it will be absolutely perfect!

Solved - it didnt have a file extension at all, so I added .exe to the file and it's installing now.

Thanks for your help

Good stuff :thup:

Same here! :thup:

Took me SIX HOURS to download the vanilla version with the useless sub-dial-up broadband speed we get in Cambridgeshire. BT should be shot. £17 a month they charge!

When it wouldn't open I was about to throw a serious wobbler! Thank Zeus for this site.

Untitled-4.jpg

That, in all truth, looks terrible. C'mon SI, surely someone on the team would notice that that just doesn't look right?

Was the Carson Yeung takeover confirmed after the release?

Just noticed that David Sullivan and David Gold are still chairman of Birmingham City

Was hoping for a warchest :p

carson yeung isnt mega mega rich so i dont think ud get that much anyway

GREAT GAME SI! WOW I'm impressed. Everything is so neat and so simple. I had alot of fun already and the 3D game, besides the editor, my main focus is awesome. The only thing I don't like is this: Well I dunno if this is everywhere the same but lets say I play with Brighton and i play away at Southampton. The stadium is bigger and 19000 people came to the game, now the mainstand is full the brighton away section is not as full but some fans came! Then the other sections of the stadium are completly empty no one is in there, they are all in that one stand and partly behind the goal? It bothers me a little bit???

Other than that everything is really awesome! Thanks such much SI this is simply amazing.

i'm wondering if the problem i'm experiencing is just affecting me or do other mac users have the same problem. i just downloaded a vanilla demo for mac and ran the install. i was anxiously anticipating the start of yet another season of addiction to fm2010 when i double clicked on the "fm" file to load the game. however, after getting through the first few splash screens of warchild, let's kick racism out of football etc., the program just quits automatically and i'm left heartbroken and bewildered. this has happened for every single time (that's about five times) i uninstalled and reinstalled the demo. i've checked the install log file and everything was labelled "successful".

help?

ps: i'm running a 2.16 GHz 15" Intel MacBook Pro on Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6.1) with 2GB of memory, with an ATI Radeon X1600 graphics card.

i'm wondering if the problem i'm experiencing is just affecting me or do other mac users have the same problem. i just downloaded a vanilla demo for mac and ran the install. i was anxiously anticipating the start of yet another season of addiction to fm2010 when i double clicked on the "fm" file to load the game. however, after getting through the first few splash screens of warchild, let's kick racism out of football etc., the program just quits automatically and i'm left heartbroken and bewildered. this has happened for every single time (that's about five times) i uninstalled and reinstalled the demo. i've checked the install log file and everything was labelled "successful".

help?

No idea why that's happening. Usually I'd recommend disabling the loading vids, but I dunno if that's possible on FM, and even if it is, whether it's possible in the demo. I don't see how to do it just by looking at the files, myself.

Have only just got it installed and only played one game (woke up early to try it out before work after leaving it downloading last night) so can't comment on the whole but the processing speed! This seems to run as fast as CM01/02 does on my machine. And so far no lag on match days either which had been bugging me for years. Good job on this, SI!

So here I go:

- the speed looks way better so far the previous versions, (will see at the full release when i load up 20 + leagues with my amd sempron 3000+ running 2.0ghz, 1GB ddr ram, if it's still performing on this same ratio then i say a wonderful job SI )

- the staff feedback (or how ti's called sorry dizzy last night) it's absolutely marvelous piece of upgrade, so far i'm very impressed with this one

- scouting is improved i like the new reports, it's easier to look, but there are some things that i don't understand, like my staff advises me that there's a kid i should get a look at him, so i send out a scout, when he shows me the report it say something that the boy would be as good as rooney then it gives a half star to he's recommendation..... or this is something like a bug or and this is genius it says he could be as good as rooney but depends on x,y,z criteria like club facilities , good tutoring etc you get what i mean then it's interesting that you can't see his potential ability with star rating until you buy him

- the tactics, i mean wow seriously it is amazing how easily you can set up specific tactics, but for me which seriously blow my mind away is that when you click on a player on the tactics screen-field () it shows what kind of attributes are needed for that specific position .....WOW i mean i was literally speechless for a couple of minutes seriously. (i love this series but this was a first for me)

- i only played one match against my reserves, so no thoughts on the match engine yet....but here comes the biggest issue so far for me and it's bugging me, in every version since the DOTS came around i played so that the key highlights during the game is shown on 2d pitch, and the rest of the time i'm reverted back to my teams stats, so i can see their passes, crosses, shots, tackling, rating, fitness etc. but now i can't seem to do this :( am i missing something or it's not possible anymore

To sum up I'm very impressed so far, final thoughts after i play the demo trough probably but so far so good

Best FM release since FM 2007 .. Can't thank you enough guys for keeping up your promises and produce such a beauty .. and the tactical wizard WOW !! this what was supposed to mean make your team play as you want them to play and not to waste your time with sliders !!! I loved the Touchline shouts also .. Thanks SI for such an excellent game

Touchline instructions are beautiful omg its the fast way to do tactics

lol instead of click on tactic loading then click it again every time you feel like changing your tactics

(edit) and the quick substitute is GREAT! and the scout cuts where you can change roles ect

the matches are more fun and better to watch!!! instead of worrying about bugs like the corner one and the mistake cross goals

(edit) im buying FM10 on the day of release

I got to play for 20 mins, and had one match with the new 3d engine.

I loved the 3d match engine in 2009, and welcome the improvements in 2010. But I can't help to think with todays cpu/gpu power, it should be so much better. I understand FM is a complex game on the whole, but when it enters the 3d game, I don't understand whats holding it back. The stadium is great, but why can't it be more detailed? Why no crowds? It should have car parks, hotels, etc, not just the green pitch taking up the whole screen outside of the stadium. Why can't it be like watching a demo game of fifa or something?

Guess we won't see that until 2020. :)

Thanks for what I know will be a great game, and look forward to playing it more tomorrow.

Hi Mike. Sorry you're having trouble.

Can I ask you the size of the original demo file you donwloaded please?

Also it may be worth trying to uninstall the demo and then re-install it and see if that helps.

First time I've seen this problem so I'm not sure what's causing it right now.

It was 274mb downloaded from the Mirror website. No, I havn't changed any xml files. Just downloaded, installed then tried to open.

after downloading the vanilla version, i couldn't open the file. i renamed it with.exe it then opened but is asking for a different location to extract the installer to!!! i have tried everywhere and it won't work!

please help me!

• SI Staff

3. In the press conferences, the personality of the reporter is always n/a. Is this simply because it is the demo and they are random reporters?

Journalists generated for database media sources shipping with the game will not have personalities. Media packs created by the community from last year will work in FM 2010 although there is one slight regional modification that is explained at the top of the media config files that ship with the game. Journalists from these media sources will have personality.

First Impressions very very good.

Got an injury report - clicked on view injury table and get presented with next fixtures panel

This has been fixed since the game went Gold and will be available in a patch.

Stadia are empty for intra-squad friendlies - they're basically behind close-doors.

VERY minor point here, feel a little daft for even mentioning it.

You say that the intra-squad friendlies are behind closed doors. Yet, on the post match analysis, it said for me that it was a good solid win and "the fans would be going home happy"... ;)

VERY minor point here, feel a little daft for even mentioning it.

You say that the intra-squad friendlies are behind closed doors. Yet, on the post match analysis, it said for me that it was a good solid win and "the fans would be going home happy"... ;)

Yes, all the fans who read it on the internet :D

Come on use your imagination.

I have to say SI, this is amazing!!!! I am running it on a mac, and it is perfect!!!!! The only flaw I can see, and it doesn't bother me, is the stars for graphics card... It is clearly wrong! But, who cares...

How did you get it to work on your mac?

Via torrent?

Im pleased with the transfer system, allthough it probably isnt perfect, I managed to buy Ashley Young at Man U for £15m. That is alot nearer the reality compared to the 30m you would have to fork out in FM09. The new skin and tactics are really taking some getting used to and 1 question:

On the backroom advice section, when they are suggesting you are stronger than a team or better in the air etc. and you then click on tactics, is there supposed to be a follow up action? I dont want to dismiss the advice but if I cant seem to make it go away?

Its probably just me being thick but any light on this would be appreciated.

Im pleased with the transfer system, allthough it probably isnt perfect, I managed to buy Ashley Young at Man U for £15m. That is alot nearer the reality compared to the 30m you would have to fork out in FM09. The new skin and tactics are really taking some getting used to and 1 question:

On the backroom advice section, when they are suggesting you are stronger than a team or better in the air etc. and you then click on tactics, is there supposed to be a follow up action? I dont want to dismiss the advice but if I cant seem to make it go away?

Its probably just me being thick but any light on this would be appreciated.

I was thinking the same.... when clicking on tactics to 'follow up' this advice - what is next?

Downloaded via Steam at 4 MB/s. I started the game as Real Madrid and managed to get only a game with the reserves last night. I am work, so I can't play now :(.

The game looks better than 09. I had a few issues to get around the new layout, but probably it will become normal after 1-2 days of playing. It took me 2 minutes to find the quit button (nice work SI, now we will be trapped inside forever :p )

Roll on the full game!!! :D

This could be even more enjoyable than '09. the new tactics creator was a stroke of genius as it makes tactical set-up even more realistic, doubt i'll ever mess with sliders again. The media has been update well, but the part I really like is the match-day. its just much more fluid and easier to make in-game tactical adjustments, not to mention the vast improvement in the animation. Good Job SI.

Important info: can you please check financial infos of teams?

Financial debt stats and info MIGHT be COMPLETELY WRONG.

Make confrontation between Italian, Spanish and English Team...some situations can look strange.

If you information about any specific team, then please post this in the Data Issues forum under the country.

It's not an error but probably there is some problem in the code. I downloaded the vanilla version. If you clicked on a player you can access on his skills' table in few milliseconds but if you try to go back to the team using the back button you have to wait 1-2 seconds. It's really annoying. It's better to click on the team name under the player name. The problem would be with player without contract.

Downloaded the demo - loved it. Really like the new interface, although sometimes I lose my mouse cursor in the white background. :confused: The match flow is excellent, I love the tactics creator (really love it in fact), and the tabs and everything look excellent. I'm really impressed so far.

Found a slight problem in de ME. When a ball is played towards the goalline and a player runs in to clear the ball off the line, instead of kicking te ball out of the park, he kicks the ball with venom in a straight line into his own goal. Happened to me twice now, and had me losing away at blackburn :s

when i saw the demo was out i got so excited i nearly pee'd, after some initial problems installing it (download off the mirro site didnt work, steam one did though) i found that is was worth the wait, the game loads so quickly, the interface is brilliant and the match engine is much improved.

Top work SI, this is what footy manager is all about, cant wait for the full game to come out

Archived