Question on Wonderkids....

I know that with Wonderkids you get told in their description that their a Wonderkid but what is the best way to find these players?

Is it pure luck? Just search for kids with great stats under a certain age? Use your scouts and only look at people with High potential?

Any help would be apprecated on this one.

I think the definition of a Wonderkid in FM is a player with current ability over 160 or 170 before the age of 21 (or is it 22?).

In other words, you can find them by scouting young players and looking at their CA. Of course, some players mature earlier than others, so a player could be a wonderkid, and not have the potential to get much better.

I find the best way of finding good players is to just scout for players under 21 in the biggest football nations, and get the ones with good Potential Ability (according to your best scouts).

It's also important that they have a decent foundation for the role you want them to play in. This is something I think a lot of people overlook.

For example, it's not that uncommon to find a young Centerback with jumping 3 and marking 2. Regardless of his potential, this guy will probably never be a good Centerback. You could try to buy him early, and train him incredibly hard in these areas, but from my experience not a lot of players respond to that. A solution could be to retrain him to a different position.

I think the definition of a Wonderkid in FM is a player with current ability over 160 or 170 before the age of 21 (or is it 22?).

In other words, you can find them by scouting young players and looking at their CA. Of course, some players mature earlier than others, so a player could be a wonderkid, and not have the potential to get much better.

I find the best way of finding good players is to just scout for players under 21 in the biggest football nations, and get the ones with good Potential Ability (according to your best scouts).

It's also important that they have a decent foundation for the role you want them to play in. This is something I think a lot of people overlook.

For example, it's not that uncommon to find a young Centerback with jumping 3 and marking 2. Regardless of his potential, this guy will probably never be a good Centerback. You could try to buy him early, and train him incredibly hard in these areas, but from my experience not a lot of players respond to that. A solution could be to retrain him to a different position.

It is 21. :thup:

This assumes the user is using a piece of 3rd party software such as Genie Scout or looking in the editor before they start a new game. I don't have a huge problem with it myself but many consider it quasi-cheating and its not really a legitimate way of finding these player "in the game".

This assumes the user is using a piece of 3rd party software such as Genie Scout or looking in the editor before they start a new game. I don't have a huge problem with it myself but many consider it quasi-cheating and its not really a legitimate way of finding these player "in the game".

He's not saying thats how to look for them but thats how they are defined. I think there is a minimum reputation they have to have as well to be classed as a wonderkid. Therefore the easiest way to find them is how he said to search in the biggest football nations for players that are 21 or younger with high values. That doesn't require a Genie Scout.

Archived