Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options (NEW Mac Steam option)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With 2009 you had to right click in the Games Explorer but not with this version, and there's nothing that I can see in that folder :(

It was here in FM09: C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/sports interactive/football manager 2009/tools/data editor

I've just bought this through eSellerate, downloaded (after receiving the link on the invoice) and started installation and the "software delivery wizard" has started which asked me to enter all my credit card details again and takes me to a checkout. I don't want to pay twice what's going wrong?

I've just bought this through eSellerate, downloaded (after receiving the link on the invoice) and started installation and the "software delivery wizard" has started which asked me to enter all my credit card details again and takes me to a checkout. I don't want to pay twice what's going wrong?

You should be able to skip entering those details.

I'm looking at the same screen. Any advice on what to do? I have my serial but don't know where to enter it? Keeps asking for my credit card, greedy eSellerate.

I'm looking at the same screen. Any advice on what to do? I have my serial but don't know where to enter it? Keeps asking for my credit card, greedy eSellerate.

Ok, I just clicked on the "red circle" and the window closed and FM10 started. Thing is, it never asked me to enter the serial and the game is working. Is this all right?

I downloaded from esellerate but the setup file just doesn't run! Anyone willing to help me? And yes, mine is a mac.

Need more info on what's happening. Does the dock icon bounce when you double click? Does nothing at all happen? What's the file name? File size? etc... Specifics please :)

Need more info on what's happening. Does the dock icon bounce when you double click? Does nothing at all happen? What's the file name? File size? etc... Specifics please :)

The file size is about 1.03 GB. The zip file is about 1.02 GB.

And it does not bounce on the dock, just as if nothing happened. This is a torture, having the game but cannot play it. I feel like I'm dying inside. :eek:

The file size is about 1.03 GB. The zip file is about 1.02 GB.

And it does not bounce on the dock, just as if nothing happened. This is a torture, having the game but cannot play it. I feel like I'm dying inside. :eek:

Check other posts in the main forum relating to Mac. There is someone with a similar problem getting help.

None are relevant to my problem. Most of them are related to Windows 7. A few that concern Mac are the ones that managed to get into the installation window. I can't even get mine to do that.

FYI, mine is June 2009 MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard, 256mb GeForce 9400M, 4GB DDR3 RAM.

Hey Lucho when you were installing you talked about it trying to charge you twice can you explain how you bypassed that because i'm at that stage and don't want them to charge me twice ... Thank you

Sure, I just clicked on the "red circle" at the top left corner, to close the window. Then the game started. On the main screen, where you choose to start a new game or load, look at the bottom left corner where it says "activate". Click on that and enter the serial key that eSellerate gave you. That's what I did and it worked,

Sure, I just clicked on the "red circle" at the top left corner, to close the window. Then the game started. On the main screen, where you choose to start a new game or load, look at the bottom left corner where it says "activate". Click on that and enter the serial key that eSellerate gave you. That's what I did and it worked,

Thanks a lot man.

I no longer get the eSellerate "software delivery wizard" but when the game loads I now get a message telling me that the disc isn't inserted!!! I don't have the disc because it's eSellerate purchase!!

Did you install the patch? If you did, you have to uninstall the game, install again, and do not install the patch. It is already included in the game.

I really have no idea why I continue to rise to you, but, for one last time - there's no way to provide Mac pre-orders, so the link only goes live when the game is available. At a guess I'd say, oooh, somewhere around October 30th.

Actually, it should do, some time tomorrow.

hi wonder if u can helpi pre-loaded the game but it keeps givine me an error when trying to play.

i could play demo ok

Gamersgate is not exactly brilliant and it must suck unless you have a really good internet connection. Mine is 100mbs fibre-optic. The server keeps hanging. Its already stopped downloading four times now.

Overall its taken about 2 hours plus to download. I would say be warned unless your connection is up to scratch.

I have a 3.06 pentium 4, 73gb free hard drive space and 1gb of ram but when I play the match engine of fm10 it is incredibily jittery, also fm10 says that i only have one star for running the game and 0 for 3d performance. My graphics card is gforce 5600 (worked a charm on fm09). Can someone please tell me whats going wrong? Why is it so jittery?
Your Ram is basicly the problem.

2GB is the recomended minimum for most modern games.

Not sure that's the reason although I definitely suspect more would help.

Have you updated your graphics card drivers? I did, and it helped me.

not heard from matt for a while :(

I'm really sorry - I got locked out of the forums in the madness and I'm sick as a dog this week - my cold meds must have knocked me out at about 1am!

Still no download link @ gamersgate. The pirates are playing for 2 days. Nice work Sega. I know what I will do next year.

Thanks for that - you won't be here to tell us about it if this is how you carry on.

hi wonder if u can helpi pre-loaded the game but it keeps givine me an error when trying to play.

i could play demo ok

Need to know more about your system, the error, etc. Try posting more details in the technical support forum.

Right I have downloaded the game from steam, exactly the same as i did last year but i am unable to install it.... when i go into my games it only shows FM09... Why? Cant find a refresh button and dont know why its not showing....

I have checked my account and it confirms i have purchased the game... I the latest steam client update so????

Please help guys...

Right I have downloaded the game from steam, exactly the same as i did last year but i am unable to install it.... when i go into my games it only shows FM09... Why? Cant find a refresh button and dont know why its not showing....

I have checked my account and it confirms i have purchased the game... I the latest steam client update so????

Please help guys...

Two suggestions;

- Post in technical forum here.

- Post on Steam's tech support forums.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

Just a suggestion according to what I saw in the forums during the first hours after the Mac version was released. Maybe you could add to the first post of this thread (the one with the purchase links) the info that the eSellerate version is already patched and does not have to be patched. Seems like quite a few people patched it and couldn't start the game without uninstalling and reinstalling again. Maybe it could help the people that have not purchased the game yet.

Hi Matt, if i bought the game for mac from ESellerate (https://store2.esellerate.net/store/...nePageCart.htm) digital download, do i need to have the image (dmg or iso) mounted to play after i set up the serial? or i can delete the image after the installation complete ,Best.

You don't need the image after installing. You can delete it. I'll keep it just in case I ever decide to reinstall so I don't have to download it again, but you do not need it to start the game, play or anything :thup:

Archived