Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options (NEW Mac Steam option)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, sorry for showing my frustration, we're obviously not allowed to even do that. We'll just shut up and wait our turn.

I just explained that we'll look for other suppliers if you know of them. I asked an honest question - if there's something more you'd like us to do is there chance you could constructively tell us?

For the other chaps - thanks, I'll see if we can work with them on the Mac SKU also.

It is rather frustrating the digital version is more expensive: Id pre-order and download if the price was matched and in theory that should mean *extra* profits along the line due to delivery/packaging savings.

Hey ho, Ill pop along to tesco straight after work instead.

It is rather frustrating the digital version is more expensive: Id pre-order and download if the price was matched and in theory that should mean *extra* profits along the line due to delivery/packaging savings.

Hey ho, Ill pop along to tesco straight after work instead.

We're not allowed to control the price by law.

will the esellerate mac version be ready to go?

I'm told so, yes.

What are the options for North American users. No more Worldwide Soccer Manager?

The options listed above all work. It's FM now, no more WWSM.

Sorry if this has been answered already and this isn't really a big deal at all but on my steam account it says that I can get the game when it is available on the 31st? Yet everywhere else I look it is released on the 30th and it also says 30th when I click on the steam link in this thread. So am I going to have to wait an extra day to get it? Would seem strange if so.

Cheers guys.

Hello,

I'm looking into Mac pricing and distribution options today. What I know is that Esellerate will go live with the game on launch day so that is guaranteed. Nothing else to report at present, I'll post back here when I have more info.

Cheers

Matt

I usually buy the game from a shop but this year I was thinking of downloading it from Steam or somewhere similar. I have never done this before so got a couple of questions. If I download from Steam etc can i think copy the game onto a dvd to put it on my laptop or my second machine? Do I need to keep the PC connected to the internet to be able to play FM? How big will the download be?

Is there any info about if (and when) we will be able to pre-download FM2010 an just activate it at midnight?

Bumping this question as its gone unanswered several times.

Are there any plans for a pre load on Steam like Fm09?

Not that it will take long to download the game, but it would be nice.

Bumping this question as its gone unanswered several times.

Are there any plans for a pre load on Steam like Fm09?

Not that it will take long to download the game, but it would be nice.

Yes it will be pre loaded. I read the answer by Matt from SEGA somewhere on here

Any news on if FM2010 for Mac will be available on something other than esellerate for digital download? I've been on the esellerate site and I can't even seem to access their store to see what games they sell. Not sure how much I trust that right now. As someone said D2D and GamersGate both have Mac digital downloads for other games. I just want to be able to preload the game and play asap. I'm almost done the demo and I NEED to take Arsenal to victory :p

bump this

I usually buy the game from a shop but this year I was thinking of downloading it from Steam or somewhere similar. I have never done this before so got a couple of questions. If I download from Steam etc can i think copy the game onto a dvd to put it on my laptop or my second machine? Do I need to keep the PC connected to the internet to be able to play FM? How big will the download be?

bump this

I'm not quite sure about this year's download size, but from my last year's experience I was able bo make a copy of my game to DVD - but you can still download it any time you want - you'll need internet connection to activate the game (last year it was possible to run it without Steam, I'm not sure about this year, but you can run Steam offline), and then you can play without internet.

I'm not quite sure about this year's download size, but from my last year's experience I was able bo make a copy of my game to DVD - but you can still download it any time you want - you'll need internet connection to activate the game (last year it was possible to run it without Steam, I'm not sure about this year, but you can run Steam offline), and then you can play without internet.

Thanks. First time I have gone to download the game so I wanted to check first.

When you pre-order off Steam are you charged immediately or only when the game becomes available for download?

I think its immeadiately Jambo.

I use paypal when i buy from steam so the money goes straight from my account to Steam when i confirm the purchase.

If you use a credit card i cant say though.

i cannot play the game on release day because no shop accept psc and just accept credit card and paypal. when i order a copy i have to send a picture of my id card. but i dont have a mobile phone and no scanner. why is it so difficult to accept easy payment. i can buy it on ebay thats annoying.

some mmogs like aion or eve accept psc. what happens if you release the game in countrys where its forbidden? you are english producer, so they dont can bring an action for you. you can do it for the fans. they just come with an law****er and you dont release the game anymore. yo ucould more fight i think

i cannot play the game on release day because no shop accept psc and just accept credit card and paypal. when i order a copy i have to send a picture of my id card. but i dont have a mobile phone and no scanner. why is it so difficult to accept easy payment. i can buy it on ebay thats annoying.

some mmogs like aion or eve accept psc. what happens if you release the game in countrys where its forbidden? you are english producer, so they dont can bring an action for you. you can do it for the fans. they just come with an law****er and you dont release the game anymore. yo ucould more fight i think

Why don't you use paypal? I've no idea what psc is but if its half as popular as you make it out to be then it would work with apypal

when i choose paypal, i can wait a week before i can use it. and i dont use online buying much so why take a service like this. to pay paypal extra money?

hackers can hack my account too and the bank dont give my money back.

pay safe card is online money. you can buy it where mobile phones where sold.you get a serial number which you type in.

when i choose paypal, i can wait a week before i can use it. and i dont use online buying much so why take a service like this. to pay paypal extra money?

hackers can hack my account too and the bank dont give my money back.

pay safe card is online money. you can buy it where mobile phones where sold.you get a serial number which you type in.

1. Why use paypal?

Because you wouldnt be asking how to pay for the game, you would have it pre ordered already and you would be getting it on release.

2. Paypal does not take a cut of money from the buyer, if a game costs 35 quid all you pay is 35 quid, only the seller is charged a small fee for using the service or if you are gifting money. i recently gifted my friend £20 (for pre ordering the left4dead2 4 pack, and it cost £20 plus 79p).

3. "Hackers" despite TV's best attempts are not master slouthes who prey on anybody with a paypal account, its completely safe to use so long as you only buy from respected sites.

And Paypal does indeed protect you on purchases if you have documented evidence of the transaction.

So all in all, if you cant pre order the game then its down to you simply being too demanding and wanting a rediculously tedious payment scheme (that i have never heard of before in my life) to be common place... when theres already completely free and safe alternatives in place.

Hi Matt,

I'm also looking forward to the Mac pricing info and know you'll post it when you have it. Hopefully it's the same price as Steam as I'd like to not have to carry the DVD around with me all the time.

D2D does sell Mac games so it may be an outlet you want to explore.

I might suggest however, that you look to set up hard copy purchase option for Canada. Amazon.com will not ship this game to Canada when you try to buy it from there and it is not listed on Amazon.ca. There's a large base of consumers you are potentially missing out on. For FM09 I lucked in that a mate was working in NYC and I had it shipped to him and he brought it home when he returned but it won't be that simple this year.

Hey,

We've looked into Canadian distribution before - it's really, really difficult to get a partner who'll take the game and give it decent shelf space. We do really well with Amazon in the states now and haven't had any luck otherwise. Sorry, it's either Digital or Import for you guys...

We're looking into other partners for Mac distribution but won't have anything other than esellerate up for launch day. In terms of pricing - I believe last year via esellerate it was £29.99 and I expect it to be the same again.

Cheers

Matt

Still have no idea how to access the eSellerate store???
We'll provide you with a link when it's available. Promise...:)

Oh ok it's not something that's specifically on their site. Ok awesome then. Thanks for all the hard work!

Archived