Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options (NEW Mac Steam option)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Jan the second it says i need to activate my game?

i paid the full ammount from esellerate..whats going on?

anyone had the same issue help much needed!

Did you click on the "Activate" button on the start screen? You have to do that and enter the serial from eSellerate.

I bought game on D2D (downloadable version), pressed Checked update button, it said i need to install 10.1

After I launched game it demands DVD ! WTF ?!

The game is already patched when you download so you dont need the patch, if you put the patch on like you have, it knackers it up.

Uninstall the game and re install (no need to add the patch and it will work fine)

Hi, some feedback: I checked gamersgate (at least there is one place where you are able to get the non-German game in a digital version whilst living in Germany, that's a positive), they charge 50 Euros.

So I decided to purchase from my usual guys in the UK, who will deliver me the DVD in a box for about 35 Euros.

15 Euros less for a delay of a few days (not counting the strikes :D), that's easily worth the bit of waiting for me.

I have no idea about who determines what regarding pricing (SEGA, SI, retailers) and I realize SI are probably the last people in the chain who influence the price, but until pricing for the digital version gets more reasonable (instinctively, one would say that the price should be lower rather than higher), I will not consider this option.

i need some help running FM2010 without going online with Steam. I have already purchased and download FM2010 with Steam but i could not run it without going online with Steam. Can you help me out? I remember that you said that I just need to go online with Steam for only once and I can play it without going online. Thanks

can´t buy it via Steam here from Germany. Now, my question is : Will it be a problem registering a digital download from another seller, as well?

Wanted to get going, but before taking the risk i´d rather buy the boxed copy from amazon and wait till next weekend.

Anybody tried it yet from f.e. Germany ?

EDit : you have to play it via steam on the boxed version as well ? Now i´m really sceptical ...

OK, I got it going, but I paid twice for the same product. How do I go about getting a refund for one of them?

If you paid by c/card, tell your credit card company AND the supplier that you think it was double charged, and it will be refunded if it was. Same goes for PayPal payments, in both cases tell the supplier as well as they can instantiate a cancellation whereas if they don;t, you have to wait for the billing period to end and then the payer instigates the refund

HTH

Ron, IrishUnsigned.com

Hi Matt,

I was wondering if you could advise me how I can turn football manager to offline playing and how this works, so that for example if I am out and dont have an internet connection that I can still play the game.

I was also wondering if you can advise me if football manager can be played on netbooks as I had previously installed my FM2009 on my netbook but it wouldnt let me play the game saying "unable to open full screen mode"

Mick

MUCH HELP NEEDED!!!

I have bought and installed FM10 from direct2drive.

Its all installed fine and my computer spec is good for the game 2ghz processor dual core 3gb ram anxd 1244mb graphics

It runs so slowly it sounds like it has to read alot of info off my hardrive constantly and every few seconds ill press continue and nothing will happen for a minute.

Demo worked fine cant believe what a waste of 30 quid so far it cant surely run like this.

Any suggestions please do feel free to tell me.

Ive updated drivers, Java and defrag drive and done a disk clean up its a 4 month old laptop.

Mega PI**ed off!!

Hi Matt,

I was wondering if you could advise me how I can turn football manager to offline playing and how this works, so that for example if I am out and dont have an internet connection that I can still play the game.

I was also wondering if you can advise me if football manager can be played on netbooks as I had previously installed my FM2009 on my netbook but it wouldnt let me play the game saying "unable to open full screen mode"

Mick

Hey Mick,

Are you using Steam? If so, from the file menu, select "Offline mode" and you won't need to connect. Alternatively, if you have a disk and don't want to use Steam - just keep the disk in the drive.

As for netbooks - well, I guess it depends on the system spec and how it stacks up against the minimum. If you have a specific question start a thread in the tech forum or contact SEGA customer services for advice.

Cheers

MUCH HELP NEEDED!!!

I have bought and installed FM10 from direct2drive.

Its all installed fine and my computer spec is good for the game 2ghz processor dual core 3gb ram anxd 1244mb graphics

It runs so slowly it sounds like it has to read alot of info off my hardrive constantly and every few seconds ill press continue and nothing will happen for a minute.

Demo worked fine cant believe what a waste of 30 quid so far it cant surely run like this.

Any suggestions please do feel free to tell me.

Ive updated drivers, Java and defrag drive and done a disk clean up its a 4 month old laptop.

Mega PI**ed off!!

Sounds unusual. Update your DirectX, make sure you don't have a viruschecker or anything else running in the background, and if all else fails talk to Customer Services - they should sort you out. It seems unlikely that the demo would work fine and the main game wouldn't but without knowing more about your system, and being more technically competent than I am, there's no definitive way of saying.

Considering how to do backup, I have a quick question: I bought the game through eSellerate for Mac (fantastic game, by the way!). If the game gets deleted from my hard drive for some reason, will I be able to install it again using the installer and the serial number I got from eSellerate or does the serial number only work once?

HELP PLEASE :(

I have downloaded FM2010 from GamersGate.

Installed the game...activated, and it started.

Then, I donwloaded the patch, installed it. Now, when i start the game it says that I do not have the CD!!!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

The Gamersgate download already had the patch applied. Uninstall, reinstall, DON'T patch, you'll be fine.

Considering how to do backup, I have a quick question: I bought the game through eSellerate for Mac (fantastic game, by the way!). If the game gets deleted from my hard drive for some reason, will I be able to install it again using the installer and the serial number I got from eSellerate or does the serial number only work once?

Any comments on this, Matt?

Probably a stupid question but the box set is mac/pc right? I bought via steam this year and I also have a mac laptop thanks to work. Is there any chance I can obtain a mac version on the basis of having paid for the pc steam version? I expect not, but I'm not buying twice and I'd love to play on the train!

Owing to the postal strike in England delaying my game from zavvi fo rI don't know how long, I'm bracing myself to pay top dollar for a digital download.

I've had recurrent nightmares with Steam and won't go there again, and GamesPlanet say that won't download to Asia, so that just leaves GamersGate.

Can anyone recommend this to me, given that internet connections here are slow and unreliable. I'm prepared to wait 4 or 6 hours for the download, but will it be okay of the connection breaks mid-way? When I pay and download the game will it just live in my computer for me to play off-line or online without interference, or will it try to inveade and take over my life like Steam, telling me to reinstall and all that hell?

Thanks in advance.

Will any of those download sites 'sell' to Germany?

I tried with 2D2 but then it said "Error! The download is country restricted on your IP" and Steam didn't show me FM10 as an option (actually nearly downloaded FIFA Manager 10 instead by mistake :eek:).

The others didn't warn me but I'm afrauid there the error message will come only after I paid :thdn:

So anything I can do?

edit: Problem solved :) GamersGate works :)

Hi,

I'm not the best with computers but I have just purchased a new shiny HP laptop with all the requirements to meet my needs. However, I dont have a copy of FM 2010 and after last year, when my computer crashed after installing steam and had to be repaired I am not sure what to do. I have heard that buying a boxed copy of the game does not require steam but the digital download needs something else. I am not sure if I should just buy the boxed version or download it. If I buy the boxed copy I know that I will have to keep the disc in the drive and that is not a problem but does this still cause problems? Please answer because I cant live on my FM 08!

Matt, how many activations for digital download version? I used one activation, and at the second attempt to get this error:

"It appears this license key is over its device limit. The key is currently active on too many computers. Error code: -1004"

Hey quick question, possibly has been asked already but there are wayy too many posts in here to read them all.

I am about to purchase this through eSellerate. My question is, if I was to buy a new Mac in the near future, would I have to pay for it and download it again, since I don't have a disk or what?

Thankss :)

also, I'm trying to activate my copy now, how many digits should the serial be? I'm copying and pasting it, but it says there's an incorrect amount of digits.

I buied Football Manager 2010 from GamersGate.

First, after downloaded the installation programma, Install Anywhere arrived at 38% of installation then stopped and close, without any message.

I re-dowloaded all, but now at 99% I.A. ask me for another units where install , everty time, also if I set another folder o another driver...

I buied a game but i haven't a game! I'm very angry about this!

Anyone knows how resolve this problem??

I'm not an expert on that - will ask someone to come and help - but if it gets deleted you still own it so it should work.

Probably a stupid question but the box set is mac/pc right? I bought via steam this year and I also have a mac laptop thanks to work. Is there any chance I can obtain a mac version on the basis of having paid for the pc steam version? I expect not, but I'm not buying twice and I'd love to play on the train!

Box is Mac / PC. Steam is PC only I'm afraid.

Owing to the postal strike in England delaying my game from zavvi fo rI don't know how long, I'm bracing myself to pay top dollar for a digital download.

I've had recurrent nightmares with Steam and won't go there again, and GamesPlanet say that won't download to Asia, so that just leaves GamersGate.

Can anyone recommend this to me, given that internet connections here are slow and unreliable. I'm prepared to wait 4 or 6 hours for the download, but will it be okay of the connection breaks mid-way? When I pay and download the game will it just live in my computer for me to play off-line or online without interference, or will it try to inveade and take over my life like Steam, telling me to reinstall and all that hell?

Thanks in advance.

I'd wait for Zavvi if I was you - no-one can guarantee you a digital download at the pace you request because the absolutely key part of it is obviously the line into your computer. But then, I think you know that already, Andy...

Any info on digital downloads from Japan? I've tried so many places but it just doesn't seem to work.

Not sure but I think Gamersgate works?

Hi, can i register it on a german PC without problems when buying via gamersgate ? (can´t buy via steam)

Yes according to other posts.

How many pc's can i use the game on? and how do i go about setting it up on my laptop when i have already set it up on my pc?

If you use Steam just install Steam on each machine and log in when you want to play...

Hi,

I'm not the best with computers but I have just purchased a new shiny HP laptop with all the requirements to meet my needs. However, I dont have a copy of FM 2010 and after last year, when my computer crashed after installing steam and had to be repaired I am not sure what to do. I have heard that buying a boxed copy of the game does not require steam but the digital download needs something else. I am not sure if I should just buy the boxed version or download it. If I buy the boxed copy I know that I will have to keep the disc in the drive and that is not a problem but does this still cause problems? Please answer because I cant live on my FM 08!

Not really sure what your question is. The boxed version doesn't need any form of activation as long as you keep the disk in the drive.

my game on fm 2010 is crashing and file is showing the directory crash dump after selecting the leagues and then going to loading the game. please can you give a fix for the crash on fm2010

salman

Can you head over to the tech forum please and report your issue there?

Matt, how many activations for digital download version? I used one activation, and at the second attempt to get this error:

"It appears this license key is over its device limit. The key is currently active on too many computers. Error code: -1004"

Good question - SEGA Customer Services are the best people to help you out with this.

Hey quick question, possibly has been asked already but there are wayy too many posts in here to read them all.

I am about to purchase this through eSellerate. My question is, if I was to buy a new Mac in the near future, would I have to pay for it and download it again, since I don't have a disk or what?

Thankss :)

also, I'm trying to activate my copy now, how many digits should the serial be? I'm copying and pasting it, but it says there's an incorrect amount of digits.

No idea on the serial key - SEGA Customer Services for that one. No, you wouldn't have to buy again, in answer to your other question.

Just want to pop my head in and say that GamersGate is absolute rubbish. 15kb/s for a 1.2 GB game? ETA 14 hours+

I've heard of a couple of people struggling but that does seem very slow compared to most. Sorry.

I buied Football Manager 2010 from GamersGate.

First, after downloaded the installation programma, Install Anywhere arrived at 38% of installation then stopped and close, without any message.

I re-dowloaded all, but now at 99% I.A. ask me for another units where install , everty time, also if I set another folder o another driver...

I buied a game but i haven't a game! I'm very angry about this!

Anyone knows how resolve this problem??

Customer Services for a start - I don't really understand what you're saying the error is. Sorry.

Yeah. Gamersgate have numerous threads for different games where people complain about poor quality. It generally looks like it's international customers though, and gamersgate have said this is a known issue and they're looking into acquiring a US based server at Christmas 09.

Basically, if you're not in Europe - I'd look elsewhere. Until Christmas, anyway.

matt,

I've got a huge problem, that no one else at SI seems to be able to help me with.

I received my receipt from with my serial number on it. I try to activate, but the game continues to tell me it's a corrupt key. I've sent a couple of emails to Marc Duffy, but haven't received any emails back from him yet. I emailed Anthony, he's been as helpful as he could be, but I don't think it's his department. Esellerate only sent me an email back, saying they're only the purchasing agent, and don't have anything to do with the key.

I can't activate the game, it won't let me progress any further, and I'm starting to feel some frustration.

Can you help? When I try to put the serial number in, whether it be typing or pasting, I get this message:

The serial number validation failed. Please ensure you entered the correct serial number. Retrieved corrupt key.

Any help?

Thanks,

Joe

Matt, not yet. I'll try them. I've sent two emails to esellerate and Marc Duffy asking for new keys and I've just started a re-download, but with my superslowmo internet connection, it'll be a good day and a half before I get the setup downloaded. I'll try the SEGA customer service and see what they say. Thanks!

Yeah. Gamersgate have numerous threads for different games where people complain about poor quality. It generally looks like it's international customers though, and gamersgate have said this is a known issue and they're looking into acquiring a US based server at Christmas 09.

Basically, if you're not in Europe - I'd look elsewhere. Until Christmas, anyway.

Downloaded from them at an average of 600k per sec :)

Germany.

Nothing yet from the Sega Customer Service, but I believe I have found the problem. Esellerate, in their activation process, receives an Installation ID from the computer the software is going to be installed on. I believe my internet connection was too slow and timed-out during that process. Where can I find this Installation ID? I could manually activate it through the esellerate website.

Thanks, hoping this well finally work.

Anybody know how to deactivate the game?

Speak to the supplier that you purchased it from, I think?

Matt-

I own both a Mac and a PC. I bought the game via eSellerate for Mac. Can I use that key on Steam and have FM10 installed both on my PC and Mac?

Thanks.

That's a great question - I honestly don't know, but I'll ask.

Nothing yet from the Sega Customer Service, but I believe I have found the problem. Esellerate, in their activation process, receives an Installation ID from the computer the software is going to be installed on. I believe my internet connection was too slow and timed-out during that process. Where can I find this Installation ID? I could manually activate it through the esellerate website.

Thanks, hoping this well finally work.

Again, not sure - hopefully CS have got in contact now.

Sorry, SEGA still hasn't gotten back to me. It's been 4 days now. I'm not holding out hope SEGA can or will even be able to help me.

I've got a corrupt serial key. The one sent to me isn't working, all I need is a new key. I can deal with having to turn my internet off everytime I go to start the game, but the activation is starting to bug me. It's just a bad key, I just need a new one.

Hi Gents, can anyone help please?

We have bought FM2010 yesterday and my brother has installed it via steam on his laptop. I now want to instal it on mine and steam tells me the activation code has been used and it wont let me download it.

Surely I dont need to buy the game as well, and we can instal it on 2 computers in the same house ?

Thanks

Archived