Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

So. ****ing. Close.

Took Incheon Korail to out first ever N-League Cup final in our 68-year history. Topped our group, then got through the quarterfinal on penalties and needed extra time in the semifinal. Matched up in the final against Suwon City, who we routed 4-1 in the group stage.

Playing 7 matches in 11 days (with 2 of them going extra time) means we didn't have much left in the tank, and injuries ended up reducing us to 10 men in the 77th minute. We held on at 0-0 until one of Suwon City's forwards was able to dance around my defenders in the penalty area and slot a goal near post in the 119th minute.

So it's just a silver medal for us. :(

Did get a group of awards at least:

MVP - 3rd place Ailton (my left wing)

Most Assists Ailton (3)

Best Manager - 3rd place Me

Fair Play - 3rd place Incheon Korail

Best Goalkeeper - 3rd place Heo Sung-Won

Best Defender - 2nd place Park Jae-Young

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester united debt free challenge

I started my game with the intention of getting the club out of debt as soon as i could and with the club over 500m in debt i knew it wolud take some time. I knew i had to spend wisely for around 5 and a half seasons. Whilst achieving this i also wanted to remain challenging with all the other big speanding european and domestic clubs. I have made sure that attribute masking is on this makes the game a little harder in terms of finding players which in general is the key part of the game.

Season 1.

Transfers In

Danny da Costa 3.1

Oliver Markoutz 1.7

Koray Gunter 1.1

Lorenzo Crisetig 0.5

Transfers out

Will Keane 0.75

Darren Gibson 1

Not much spent just a few youngster brought in and da Costa brought in as cover for right back he looks like he could be a good prospect for the future.

Premiership 1st 85pts

F.A Cup 5th rd Lost 3-0 Fulham

League Cup Final Won 3-1 Arsenal

CL 1st KO rd Lost 4-2 agg Barcelona

Community Shield Final Won 5-1 Man City

With a good first season complete i won the league by goal difference to Spurs winning all but 1 of my league games at home. My away form let me down throughout the season costing me my place in the FA Cup and CL but it gives me something to work on for next season.

Top Ratings

Vidic 7.36

Rooney 7.30

Valencia 7.28

Top Goalscorers

Rooney 25

Hernandez 24

Valencia 10

Top Assists

Valencia 26

Rooney 11

Young 11

MOTM

Vidic 6

Valencia 5

Rooney 4

Awards

Hernandez Player's Young Player 2nd

Vidic,Valencia Team of the Season

Me Manager of the year 2nd

Vidic 2011 World Team of the year

Rooney Fans Player of the Year

Hernandez is looking like he has a great future at the club both him and Rooney had a few little injuries but nothing major. I was also impressed with the young Smalling, Jones, Rafael and Cleverly they look good prospects for the future, Cleverly playing alot more than expected due to the lack of midfielers at the club. I played a simple 4-4-2 home and away for the season which seemed to work perfect at home just not got the right balance away from home yet but il work that out next season. Vidic and Rio was as expected a great patrnership at the back also contributing to 18 goal between them which helped me on my way to the league title. I was disappointed with De Gea, Nani and Carrick they didnt perform as good as they should but maybe De Gea is still adapting to the English game. Overall im happy with my first season 3 trophies and hopefully i can improve on my CL performance for next season.

I found this little place too late to start a new career thread. But after several season of under achievement I finally threatened the top 4. In what is the closest title race in years I thought I had blown it after a 3-0 loss at Old Trafford.

I went and thumped Liverpool 5-0 at White Hart Lane to have the Prem look like this with 4 games to go

BPLPart1.png

Another win followed and I then went to Chelsea and won 2-0 to set up a finish with 2 games to go.

BPLPart2.png

Chelsea went to Man City and won 2-0 but my goal difference has left me needing snookers with 1 game to go. I also put City out in the EL semi finals and have Man Utd in the FA Cup final. Could be a great end to the season or a total disaster. Looking forward to it.

BPLPart3.png

Got my telstar team into the groups of Euro Cup on a sour note my top winger and centre back are both lookin at moving on , i brought them both in as youngsters on frees when i first arrived , both valued at over 500k , and the winger is in his last year of contract and will not sign a new deal!!!! anyone know any tricks to get players like that to renew their contracts? he's already rated as leading star for eredivisie aged only 20 , i think i've a future world beater here.

Believe it or not my board actually agreed to expand the stadium and i get a ground share in AZ Alkmaars 17k ground til the end of november til its done and signs are encouraging , i can draw about 10k a game in , pity when my ground is done i'll have to settle for 7k but still its progress none the less , got a training facility upgrade worth 2.8 mill too as well as ..... wait for it excellent junior coaching!!!! as well as having a 15 year old with 1 star CA and 5PA ,2 or 3 more seasons id say and id be challenging for europe on merit (and a level playing field with some teams up there ;))

Well it was 1 out of 3.

After coming from a goal down to beat United 2-1 in the FA Cup final the players celebrated late into the night. That proved fatal for my EL hopes as PSG were 3-0 up in 30 minutes. Lost 4-2 and then struggled to a 1-1 draw away to relegated Norwich as the Manchester clubs switched position on results. Third place and the news that a tycoon has taken over, cleared the debt and promised a summer kitty of my dreams.

Final table

BPLFinal.png

Roll on the summer.

So the 2015/16 Danish Superliga title found its way to FC Nordjaesland, and we also retained the Danish Cup.

Unfortunately due to the Superliga having a bit of a collapse in Europe we entered the Champions League in the 2nd qualifying round (in this season the winners go straight into the group stages and the runners up into the 3rd qualifying round). First up was FK Qarabag of Azerbaijan whom we dispatched 6-1 on aggregate. Next up was Victoria Pilzen of the Czech Republic whom we beat 4-2 on aggregate, then lastly Slovan Bratislava of Slovakia whom we again beat 4-2 on aggregate.

Next up is the group stages, where we'll be facing Celtic, Spartak Moscow and Shaktar Donetsk. Could we worse but I'm expecting to finish bottom.

Unfortunately due to injuries I'm about to play Celtic at home in our first game without a single recognised center half - I don't even have any young players as I didn't register either of my reserve young center backs. In any case I have 5 of them injured! :mad:

Telstar update had 2 of the best games ever in a short space of time

Firstly

NACBredavTelstarInformation_Overview.png

coming back from 2 down to 2 up in half time alone is quite special

which leads me to.....

ManUtdvTelstarInformation_Overview.png

possibly my best ever result with that level of club in any FM , made all the better by me actually being a united supporter, and it gets even better

EUROCupOverview_Stages-2.png

as a result of that , there is a very real possibility of making the knockouts with my remaining 3 fixtures being the return fixture against united , away to parma who i already battered 5-0 at home, and kyiv on my turf and with a minimum payday of 1.7m iirc for qualification (close to twice my current balance albeit majorly drained after major facility and stadium upgrades totalling 10m.

Hopefully any money made on the european adventure will go to further upgrading the stadium (already almost tripled in capacity since I took charge but still one of the smaller in the division)

I think I did something dumb. I needed a good right winger, one who would be rotation/backup, depending on how my 1st choice 19 year old plays. So I uh bought this kiddo for....oh you know...36M GBP....

2jameswiley.png

He looked better before I bought him, I swear! :p

Heh, so seeing this thread recently revived I decided to go back and look through at all the stuff I've posted here. This one caught my eye, because that regen was ****ing incredible. Almost as good as the American striker I signed for Spurs that was scoring like 50-60 goals a season. Shattered Shearer's record by the time he was 26 or 27, something like that. I'll have to dig up a screenshot of him sometime, was easily the best player I've ever had in any FM ever.

I should sign more Americans...

So the 2016/17 season came to a close and it was another successful season for FC Nordjaesland.

We won the league with 3 games to spare, and for the third time in a row picked up the Danish Cup (on penalties).

The Champions League went the way I thought it would (i.e. bottom of the group) but the money from that has swelled the coffers, and the club has now bought its ground paving the way for future improvements. There have also been an upgrade to the youth facilities and a future upgrade of the training facilities.

However, my contract expired and I decided to leave as I felt ready for a new challenge. And I found it after a few days - FC Koln of Germany. Koln had just finished runners-up in the 2nd Bundesliga and so I have a new challenge to keep them in the 1st division for the 2017/18 season. In addition, I was surprised to find out after joining the club that they had actually just won the German Cup, and therefore Europa League football awaits for 2017/18. I've already poached my old left back from FC Nordjaesland, although unfortunately the AI is doing its usual and selling most of the squad off without replacement. I doubt my success will be duplicated there in the near future....

Before a cup semifinal, the opposing manager makes a comment about how he thinks it'll be hard for me to have success with my weak squad.

His team has abysmal morale, I set our mentality to "attacking" (we're at home). We're score 23 seconds into the match, and go up 5-0 at halftime, en route to a 6-0 win.

Where's the press conference option for "In your face" ? :D

So my time at Koln lasted a grand total of 4 games, 3 of which were defeats. I just didn't feel it, part of which was the team was set up to play narrow and I didn't have the money (or the ablity to get rid of some utter dross and free up the wage bill) to switch to a more wide sense of play.

So I was unemployed from August to October 2017 when the USA job became available so I took it. They needed two wins out of two to guarantee a spot in Russia, which was accomplished - a 2-0 win away at Canada and a 4-0 win at home to Panama. The World Cup group we have is Argentina, Scotland, and Iraq (!) (we were fourth seeds!) which I am confident of getting out of.

On the club side, nothing happened much except the usual links (I got offered a job at Belenenses in the Portuguese league but said no) until Dortmund sacked their manager in December and I was offered the job. Now this is more like it - some excellent wide players enabling me to play my favourite 4-2-3-1 formation, and a big club finally in a bit of a slump. I need to trim the squad a bit (although I'll keep a 33 yr old Carlos Tevez for now!) and also Dortmund II are playing in the 3rd division so I'm going to try and keep them there.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a nice career going so where else to post about it eh?

Started off at Bournemouth after holidaying half a season. After 1.5 seasons stabilising then bringing in young freebies from the Premiership, we gained promotion in 11/12 season (I'm still on FM 11) finishing 2nd behind Crystal Palace. Loans had been the core of the side in League One and upon promotion (with a budget for once!) I was able to make that core permanent signings which would only bode well. Formation changed from an attacking 4-4-2 to a defensive 4-3-3 with the centre-midfield partnership of Michael Tonge, Matt James and captain Conor Clifford providing an excellent mix of youth and experience for our first foray into Championship football.

They took to it like ducks in water - surprisingly we found ourselves knocking around the play-offs positions all season and towards the end, despite Wigan being 9 points ahead with 3 remaining found ourselves with a shot at 2nd place on the final day. We won; Wigan stopped the rot and got a point to just nick the title. Marcus Mokaké, signed on a free during the 11/12 season had become a bit of a cult hero for me - while he was pacey and had great movement, he missed so many chances it was becoming funny...until this season, where after January he finally got going, hit 15 goals from that point on and finished with 20 in 44 games! We ended 3rd and took to the play-offs, really I didn't think we'd do it and with the squad we had, staying down would probably be preferable. But no, the team had other ideas, getting to the final and romping into a 3-0 lead against Sheffield United - they scored twice late on but it could not stop us getting promoted to the Premiership at Wembley at the first time of asking!

2013/14 brought the promised land and a bounty of riches. Before this season the most we had splashed out was £800k on Jordan Spence, now we had over £10m to spend. With much of the squad needing to improve to cope at this level, there could be no one big money signing and £1.8m on regen winger Marcelo Farias was the most spent. My focus at Bournemouth had been English players and it showed in the Best Eleven for this season; 8 of the 11 men English, with a further 4 on the bench. It was a very solid season, we never looked great but procured survival with 4 games to go (then going on to lose those final 4 to end on 39 points in 15th!). Conor Clifford again was the best rated player, solid in a midfield that now boasted Korey Smith rather than Michael Tonge. Marcos Alonso joined in January to shore up the LB position and fared much better against Premier League wingers than Jonathan Grounds had done.

With our Premier League status maintained, now we had to look to build on mere survival. Our strikers from the previous year (Joao Silva, Billy Sharp & Mendes da Graca) had not been good enough; in came Jozy Altidore on a free. We were spending to bring success with 3 signings over £5m (Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and regens Nicholas Colman & Claudio Aranda), as well as James Tomkins (£3m) and frees Stephen Ireland and Anders Lindergaard to name but a few. The squad was far improved and we rallied to finish 9th, collecting 15 points more than the previous season. The bulk of the success was down to the goal-scoring talents of Jozy Altidore, who hit 23 in 39 games. Jordan Spence, Conor Clifford and James Tomkins also enjoyed good seasons with averages over 7.

2015/16 saw my time at Bournemouth come to an end, my resignation tendered in December. The main reason was that I couldn't see myself taking the club much further - despite a bevvy of young talent joining in the past two seasons, the club was not growing to match the better players. Was I getting ahead of myself? Perhaps, but I was afforded the opportunity to move clubs and took it; more on that in a bit! Ciaran Clark, Scott Sinclair and James McCarthy were the main summer signings as finally I found the free transfer pile to be relatively empty of talent. We were ticking along well in 10th in December when a job offer came along that I couldn't resist taking...a note on Bournemouth, they would finish 10th that season, with the new manager spending £45m in January (!), which funnily was more than I had spend in 5 seasons there...

My destination? Atlético Madrid. They were way down in 17th and with Pelligrini sacked were happy to chance a young Englishman with leading them back up the table. In all honesty I couldn't believe they were so far down - the squad was far better than their current position. Finally at a team with more than one good striker, I returned to the 4-4-2 formation last seen in Bournemouth's League One promotion season. I made just 3 signings, a young Spanish regen RB from Fiorentina and £19.5m raid on Bournemouth for regen CB Aranda and Spanish regen ST Marcelino. The season proved to be a success considering where Atlético were when I joined - Valencia were the only difficult test on the road to the Copa Del Rey final, where we defeated Malaga 2-1 in extra-time. We also reached the Europa League QFs (my first European experience), losing 3-1 on aggregate to Porto. We stormed up the league fairly quickly and looked to perhaps challenge Villarreal for 5th, but with many wins needed we settled for 6th - still a fine recovery from our position at the start of the year and twinned with the cup win the board were happy.

2016/17 was my first full year in charge and £27.5m was spent. I decided to invest heavily in young Spanish players I could bring through the youth system over time, around £8-9m spent on a variety of players. Main signings were Defour & Maicon on a free, Jose Angel for £6.5m, regen RB Can Altintas from Bournemouth for £4m and Coutinho from Inter for £4.4m. The season began well with a Spanish Super Cup win over Barca and soon we became embroiled in a fight for the Champions League positions. For much of the season it seemed we could finish ahead of Real Madrid, but instead settled for 3rd. Frustratingly, two seasons ago our points total would have won the league! We reached the Copa Del Rey final losing 2-1 (in extra time) to Barca, and went a step further but not far enough in the Europa League, losing 4-1 on aggregate to Juventus in the semi-finals. Serginho, a regen Brazilian ST here when I arrived was the star, he finally stepped up from youth prospect to key player and scored 33 in 45 games.

2017/18 and finally a shot at the Champions League! On a few signings were first teamers, Yohan Mollo the most expensive for £12.5m to replace the now-ageing Arda Turan. We improved in the table, but despite scoring more points than Barca had done to win the title the previous season, they scored 100 points :/ there was no way of catching them sadly, they'd been near unbeatable in my 2.5 seasons here. We reached our third Copa Del Rey final in 3 years but lost again, this time on penalties after dominating Valencia but only drawing, 3-3. We made the Champions League QFs but got a tough draw against Man City, losing 2-1 on aggregate. The final third of the season was fairly deflating - we had looked to challenge for the title and were up for two cups but we came away with nothing more than we had at the start of the season. A job offer came in the day after the Copa Del Rey final, and I took it!

Bayern Munich was my destination from the 2018/19 season; Louis Van Gaal had retired after winning 5 consecutive titles, I was essentially jumping to Germany's version of Barca (Barca's 2016/17 title was their 8th or 9th in a row...). Hopefully here though I would also have a better shot at Champions League success. I was met by an ageing squad, with not too many Germans. This needed to change; I wanted us to be dominant and to be doing it with a squad filled with young domestic players. Mario Gomez & Bastian Schweinsteiger were in their mid-30s and contracts expiring in a month - both were let go although Philipp Lahm remaining on a slashed player/coach contract and sat in the II team alongside fellow oldie Christopher Samba. Of my 12 signings over the season, 10 were German and all under 25. £35.5m was spend bringing in Wittek (RB), Bryk (CB), Schubert who had been at Atlético (GK), as well as young DM Kovacevic. Kovacevic has since become the start of the central midfield for the team. A new team again brought a formation change - with the amount of quality midfielders on arrival (Muller, Kroos, Piatti, Sigurdsson, Torres, Badelj etc) a 4-2-3-1 with two CMs and a AML, AMC and AMR seemed the right choice. Our ethos was to attack and score goals! They came from everywhere, the attacking quartet of Muller, Sigurdsson, Piatti & Torres scored over 10 goals each, with Erick Torres getting 25 in 45 games. Thomas Mueller had the star rating though, with 21 goals and 16 assists in 48 games. A domestic treble was secured, winning the Bundesliga (my first league win), the German Cup and the DFL SuperCup. We were stopped in the Champions League by Manchester United in the semis - we won 2-1 at home but lost 2-0 away; they went on to win the tournament.

2019/20 brought confidence; we had brought in several youngsters last year (continuing my youth policy from Atlético, but now with a German twist) and continued that this year, with two big signings coming in the form of £10m regen DM Ramiro Sperdutti (who I had brought to Bournemouth where he blossomed!) and £18m striker Turgay Nergiz from Real Madrid. Again, an easy domestic treble, DFL & German Cups supplementing another Bundesliga win, with a record points finish and record goals scored. With such a strong squad (and of course, my wish to blood through youngsters) rotation was frequent, but Nergiz still got 26 goals in 31 games. Gylfi Sigurdsson again was fantastic, scoring important wondergoals almost at will! Vladimir Kovacevic, who I had first nurtured at Atlético and brought back to Germany at Bayern, was the defensive stalwart of our midfield but he was not without attacking importance, creating 20 goals in 43 games, getting his first German caps this year as well. The Champions League still eluded us though - we had looked good for the cup beating Monaco, Barca and Man Utd in the knockout stages, but slipped to a 2-1 loss against Juve, who had knocked me out of the Europa League Semis a few years ago at Atlético. The aim was clear in 2020/21.

Just £15m was spend and only one first teamer joined, Dutch LM John Koning for £5.25m from Marseille - I had tracked him since being at Bournemouth and he had finally become a great player; as he had done though he got annoyed at Marseille continually loaning him out so requested a transfer! I was happy to bring him in as a replacement for Piatti. Dortmund took the DFL SuperCup, but could not stop up retaining a League and German Cup double! Admittedly we are expected to win each year but for the first time in 11 seasons teams other than Bayern scored over 70 points (both Leverkusen and Dortmund did) and we had a bit of a challenge, especially considering my fondness to give youth a chance. One man defying youth was Manuel Neuer - he had picked up a knee tendonitis injury during 19/20 and I though Schubert would keep him out the team from this season on, instead Neuer was far better and took goal for most important games, including another Champions League final. We beat Inter, Barca and Man Utd in the knockout rounds to face Arsenal in the final, who we had beaten twice (5-1 and 3-2) in the group stages. We led 3-0, but similar to Bournemouth's play-off win over Sheffield United all those years ago allowed them to get two back, before CB Ferreira nodded home late on to set up a 4-2 victory and bring Bayern Munich their first Champions League since 2015! Finally we had won the big one and my first Continental piece of silverware. Kovacevic, Ferreira and new signing Koning were the stars of the season.

What now? I stay on at Bayern, and look for my young home-grown talents to come through the ranks. At present we have 8 home-grown talents, only 4 are under 23 and of that only 3 actually came through our youth system (Kovacevic was signed and a product of Koln's system initally). Bertram (21, DM/CM but also trained at CB due to his stats), Arberi (19, LB/CB) and Euler (21, GK) are the three current hopes in the squad - Bertram and Euler were promoted in the 2020/21 season while Arberi had just been promoted this season following the sale of 28-year-old LB Schulz. We had two more (Merchan, 22, CM/LM & Serkan Pala, 21, DM/AMC/AML) in the squad last season but they are both out on loan this year to get a bit better before returning to the first team. I'm quite content to stay at Bayern for a few years more, racking up trophies and watching my home grown players come through.

So far, the DFL SuperCup and European Super Cup are already won in 2021/22; could it be a clean sweep? Only time will tell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                   League                  Position     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    AFC Bournemouth        League One          	   11th        Joined in December   
2011/12    AFC Bournemouth        League One          	   2nd         Promoted as Runner-Up
2012/13    AFC Bournemouth        Championship         	   3rd         Promoted via Play-Offs   
2013/14    AFC Bournemouth        Premier League           15th        Safe after Game 34; finished on 39 points   
2014/15    AFC Bournemouth        Premier League           9th         Solid mid-table finish; 54 points   
2015/16    AFC Bournemouth        Premier League           10th        Resigned in December with team in 10th

2015/16	   Atlético Madrid	  La Liga		   6th	       Joined 17th in December; Copa Del Rey Winners, Europa League QFs
2016/17	   Atlético Madrid	  La Liga		   3rd	       Spanish Super Cup Winners, CDR Runners-Up, EL SFs
2017/18	   Atlético Madrid	  La Liga		   2nd	       SSC Runners-Up, Champions League QFs, CDR Runners-Up

2018/19	   Bayern Munich	  First Division	   1st	       Bundesliga Winners, German Cup Winners, DFL SuperCup Winners, CL SFs	
2019/20	   Bayern Munich	  First Division	   1st	       DFL SC Winners, Bundesliga Winners, GC Winners, CL Finalists
2020/21	   Bayern Munich	  First Division	   1st	       DFL SC Runners-Up, Bundesliga Winners, GC Winners, CL Winners
2020/21	   Bayern Munich	  First Division	   ?	       DFL SC Winners, Euro Super Cup Winners,

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been playing FM that much since my last update but here is the situation at the moment.

I had an horrendous time at Dortmund, so much that I quit after a few months as it just wasn't working out - I really don't like joining clubs mid-season so will probably not do that again.

So I let the 2017/18 season pan out until the World Cup, where my USA side came second in their group (despite losing 6-1 to Argentina) only to get knocked out in the Round of 16 by eventual winners Brazil. I resigned shortly after.

I had various interesting links during the summer, until I saw the Ajax job come up - I applied and was offered it so I took it.

Now this is more like it - a big club who have been underperforming, with a generally young team with some great prospects. I sold a lot of dross and proceeded to buy pretty much every good young Argentinian player I could find (for some reason), as well as Ukraine's excellent keeper who had just got in the team of the tournament for the 2018 World Cup.

After 6 games we're unbeaten and top, including a 7-0 win over Heracles, and we're in the Group Stages of the Europa League after easily beating IFK Gothenberg in the play off round.

Lastly, I'm back in international management, taking over from Alan Shearer (seriously) as the manager of England, which I couldn't really turn down. Unfortunately England are pretty poor (compared to my Ajax team there are some serious deficincies in the squad), but hopefully we should be fine to qualify for Euro 2020.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering whether to start a thread for my Shamrock Rovers save, in 2037 now and we've won 9 Champions League trophies. The rest of the league isn't developing as much but Cork City reached the last 16 of the CL recently and just built a new stadium. Has been quite a fun save.

• 1 month later...

Have started a fun save of sorts before FM13 comes out. RGUOR Minsk of the Belarussian 4th tier. I've only loaded the top 4 in Belarus so it should be a breeze. It's the end of 2013 and we're now just been promoted to the first tier for the 2014 season. :cool:

The good news is that with the standard of facilities here, it was probably pretty easy to get all these promotions, because except for a little losing near the end of my last season, it was pretty much smooth sailing. Bad news is that we're $3 million in debt now. :D

The board has been generous with the wage budget, and I've taken full advantage of it. I'm quite a sucker at developing young goalkeepers so I have no idea how to make YP1 a future #1, but we also have potentially the best CB to come out of Belarus! He's been wanted by the big clubs in Belarus (Dinamo Minsk) and some Russian clubs, but I've put a $5 million price tag on him, so hopefully we can keep hold of him until our financial situation gets better.

Attendance has been crap, in 2011 we had 124 on average, in 2012 a minor increase to 167, and last season, over 500 people! Unfortunately, gate receipts are only $10 for the entire season, while our youth setup costs $500k to run...yeah do the math. The Vysshaya Liga allows teams to actually have foreigners (5 in the squad, 4 in starting XI), so my goal is to get 4 signed before the start of next season. I don't think we're serious candidates for relegation, unless we blow up like the end of last season...

Oh, and Canada are going to the 2014 World Cup. :cool:

Have started a fun save of sorts before FM13 comes out. RGUOR Minsk of the Belarussian 4th tier. I've only loaded the top 4 in Belarus so it should be a breeze. It's the end of 2013 and we're now just been promoted to the first tier for the 2014 season. :cool:

The good news is that with the standard of facilities here, it was probably pretty easy to get all these promotions, because except for a little losing near the end of my last season, it was pretty much smooth sailing. Bad news is that we're $3 million in debt now. :D

The board has been generous with the wage budget, and I've taken full advantage of it. I'm quite a sucker at developing young goalkeepers so I have no idea how to make YP1 a future #1, but we also have potentially the best CB to come out of Belarus! He's been wanted by the big clubs in Belarus (Dinamo Minsk) and some Russian clubs, but I've put a $5 million price tag on him, so hopefully we can keep hold of him until our financial situation gets better.

Attendance has been crap, in 2011 we had 124 on average, in 2012 a minor increase to 167, and last season, over 500 people! Unfortunately, gate receipts are only $10 for the entire season, while our youth setup costs $500k to run...yeah do the math. The Vysshaya Liga allows teams to actually have foreigners (5 in the squad, 4 in starting XI), so my goal is to get 4 signed before the start of next season. I don't think we're serious candidates for relegation, unless we blow up like the end of last season...

Oh, and Canada are going to the 2014 World Cup. :cool:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/310714-FM12-RGUOR-Minsk-Can-you-win-everything-with-kids :cool:

I actually found the club thru Neoseeker finding some league expansions. :D

There's another club, in Toglatti, Russia, that I'm willing to manage for my FM13 save, but editing the 3rd tier means breaking up the unique 2012-13 structure, so I'm debating between RGUOR Minsk and the Toglatti club.

I actually found the club thru Neoseeker finding some league expansions. :D

There's another club, in Toglatti, Russia, that I'm willing to manage for my FM13 save, but editing the 3rd tier means breaking up the unique 2012-13 structure, so I'm debating between RGUOR Minsk and the Toglatti club.

It was more to get you to post in there. :D

Akademiya Toglatti sounds interesting, I may also have to look into that in the next FM. Oh, and for your goalkeeper you should aim to get his agility to at least 16 through heavy individual focus, then start working on his other attributes.

It was more to get you to post in there. :D

Akademiya Toglatti sounds interesting, I may also have to look into that in the next FM. Oh, and for your goalkeeper you should aim to get his agility to at least 16 through heavy individual focus, then start working on his other attributes.

I'll head in there now. Posted an update. :D

And one mistake in the last post, it should be the 2011-12 structure. Their reputation isn't too high, so you aren't expected to get consecutive promotions. :D

Our first season in the Belarussian top flight was a bit different than our time in the bottom 3 divisions - we actually lost more than a few games. However, it was a fantastic debut season as we finished 4th.

VysshayaLigaOverview_Stages.png

A top 3 finish would have guaranteed a spot in Europe, but we blew it in the last game of the season against Dinamo Brest, losing 2-1 despite getting the opening goal. We absolutely have to get into Europe, or we face losing another $1 million, and my chairman is doing nothing about it to improve the financial situation as we approach being $4 million in the red now. I hoping the top 3 win the cup (we were knocked out at the first hurdle) so we can get into the Europa League.

Our squad is a lot different than last season, as we strengthened many positions. It would be more or less the same, except for signing some Belarussian players since we're nearly at the foreign quota of 5. As for our star player, Dmitriy Zaleskiy improved quite a bit over this past season, and he's only going to get better! BATE and Rubin want him, and I fear the chairman will sell our best player if our financial situation doesn't get better.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp.

Started a career with Chateauroux. Picked them up in Dec in 13th place in Ligue 2, built a steady stream of wins in the league and cup (beating Lyon and Valenciennes, before losing to Rennes in the Quarters) and thanks to Henri Saivet on loan and the £100k signing of Kermit Erasmus, managed to put us in the last automatic promotion spot with a four point lead with four games to go.

Awesome! We then proceeded to lose the next three games, putting us two points behind on the last day. But a win would guarantee our promotion as long as the other sides lost. They did their job by losing, so it was up to us to beat the champions-elect Guingamp!

A 13th min straight red for my DM pissed on any chances we had. An own goal by our keeper then put us further in the hole. Their keeper was inspired, saving 10 shots on target. Finally, we were put out of our misery when the referee awarded a phantom penalty and sent off our left back on 70 mins.

So we finished 7th instead of 3rd. F***.

New season, 12 games in and we're top after signing 15 new players (8 of those are youth players).

Things are going swimmingly! Oh, wait, what's that? I have 10 players unavailable for the next 3 matches? My star striker has broken his leg? I'm down 5 strikers?... Ah...

S***

Oh, and hilariously, a £250k signing from my feeder team lasted 17 mins on his debut before being sent off...

As I'd become a little bored of easy Welsh games, I've started a career at Bishop's Stortford in the BSS. (on FM11). Of course, when I arrived the squad were abysmal, but luckily most of them were out of contract. They stayed that way.

Managed to sign about a dozen players and also be about £1,500 a week under my weekly budget. Happy days. Got promoted in my first season pretty comfortably, largely thanks to a 74 goal partnership up front. Now on the verge of the play offs in the BSP after about 16 games with pretty much the same side, and into the third round of the cup. Man United away? Man City at Woodside Park? Not for me, Walsall away. Gutted.

So, into the final 10 games of season 3 with Chateauroux and things are finally looking up!

Last season, we struggled mightily, but we have started to discover some consistancy and as such, sit two points out of the Ligue 2 promotion spots. I've got a fabulous young team and the only way is up for us (I hope!)

Team

GK Zacharie Boucher (free)

DR Elie Dohin

DC Denys Bain (regen)

DC Tristan Moreau (regen)

DL Johann Obieng

MR Tijini Belaid (free) / Henri Saivet (£875k from Bordeaux)

MC Simone Pasa (£250k from Inter)

MC Malaury Martin (free)

ML Thorgan Hazard (free)

ST Olexandr Yakovenko (free)

ST Zahid Hamadane

Welp.

As I said earlier. 10 games to go, I was in 4th place in Ligue 2, with 2 points between me and the promotion spots... I finished 10th after an utterly wretched run that saw us pick up just 9 points between then and the end of the season. Eff.

So back to the drawing board. A lot of changes this offseason. Gonna give some of the youth their head and sell a lot of dead weight.

Well, after 3 and a half seasons in Ligue 2, I jumped ship to Standard Liege. Who are utter sheng. LOTS of work needed.

So I took them over in 10th place and, with 5 games to go, we're 5th and into the Semi Finals of the Cofidis Cup! I signed the two best prospects from my old Chateauroux side and also got Juan Alba in on loan.

• 1 month later...

JOURNEYMAN

2012/13 - SC Mirandela - Portuguese Second Division: North

Transfer Budget: 0K

Wage Budget: 3.5Kp/w

Finances: 200K

Predicted: 15th/16

I got this job after starting unemployed, taking over around 4 weeks before the end of the season. This gave me a great deal of time to assess the squad as a whole and see where I could improve for the tough season ahead. We lacked any sort of central midfielders and a decent left back so these were the first port of calls for me in the transfer market, which proved to be a tougher task than I expected. Miguel Bruno, a 37 year old left back came in on a free and despite his age would add to the team massively. Nuno Valente also came in, on loan this time from parent club SC Braga. Valente is a young CM who I expect to be a dominant force in such a low league.

We started the season on fire, winning 4 of our first 6 games, sending a message to out opponents that we are more than just relegation battlers. The best game of that run in being a 7-6 thriller against Fafe. It took a turn for the worse though, only winning 1 of the next 8 games which sent us plummeting down the table, a far reach from our quick start. But then we ended up unbeaten in the next 6 that took us back into the top 4, it was becoming a roller coaster rider but one thing that remained was the goalscoring prowess of Pio Junior. In the run we were fighting for top spot right up until the third last game of the season, where we needed to beat the top side to still have a mathematical chance of promotion and promotion means you have to win the league. The game finished 1-1, meaning that we were confined to another season in the third tier of Portugal. The lads didn't let that get to them though, putting in a stellar performance in the last game of the season, beating former powerhouse Boavista 8-1 giving the home fans a great sending off.

Stats in all competitions.

Top Scorer: PioJunior (18 goals in 30 games)

Most Assists: Pedro Borges (15 in 27 games)

Most MOMs: Pio Junior (6)

Ave Rating: Pedro Borges (7.39)

A good first season in management for me but one that won't improve my reputation all that much. On the club side of things, we lost so much money over the year leaving us 500K+ in debt and with this it saw us lose a lot of staff as they wouldn't sign new contracts. Next season will mean that I have to rebuild the whole backroom staff setup as well as bulking out the squad with frees and hopefully some more good loan signings. The board has given me 4.4K for a top half finish but I want to win the league or else this will be my last season at Mirandela because everyone's contract is coming to an end in the hope that by the end of the season I can keep the good ones for the Second League and rid of the dead wood.

Aims:

- Win the league and promotion.

- Improve personal reputation.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This thread hasn't been used in a while so I thought I would revive it!

I am doing a dafuge Challenge and have taken AFC Fylde into League Two. We beat League One side Rotherham, away from home, 4-2 in the first round of the Capital One Cup, meaning we faced Championship outfit Blackburn in round two. What an epic game! We drew 2-2 but the penalty shootout was just mental. See for yourself, after TWENTY EIGHT spot kicks. :D

blackburnvafcfyldeoverv.png

• 1 month later...

So I've tried starting a new career, but this one might stick.

Took over Changwon City in the N-League, sitting 13th after 13 games (and had just climbed off the bottom). They've gone 7-3-2 under my direction, and this is what the table looks like going into the last day:

5. Gimhae		9-9-7 -1	36
6. Incheon Korail	8-11-6 +5	35
------------------------------------------
7. Cheonan City		10-5-10 -4	35
8. Suwon City		8-10-7 +4	34
9. Changwon		9-7-9 +2	34

Incheon Korail v Changwon
Ansan H FC (12th) v Suwon City
Gangnueng City (13th) v Cheonan City
Mokpo (14th) v Gimhae

There's going to be a lot of scoreboard watching. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Currently enjoying some LLM at Merthry Town in the 8th tier of English football, after finishing 6th (1 place outside the playoffs) I've signed some top quality youngsters and managed to get to the 1st round of the FA Cup, losing 5-0 to League 2 Fleetwood whilst maintaining a decent position in the league but still have 3 or 4 games in hand.

Heres a quick look at my star player by far, an England U19 CB called Robert Causon:-

causon_zps12d415b0.jpg

Well the 2013/14 season has finished and Merthyr Town have stepped up to the 7th tier of English football after we won the league, finishing on 93pts, 23pts clear of 2nd place Tiverton, we also scored 100+ goals. I got manager of the year ans Robert Causon got player of the year, I have slapped a £1m price tag on him after Blackpool started sniffing around.

Next season will be interesting, I've got decent youth coming through so I will only be signing 3 or 4 top quality players as I think I will only have an extra £1000 spare in the wage budget.

Started out in Dec 2012 as AS Roma manager, managed to win the Scudetto and the TIM Coppa Italia in my first season.

However, AC Milan were managerless and, being a fan, I wanted to take them over. Started off well enough, in third place by November 2013, but I applied for the Uruguay job and was summarily dismissed by Berlusconi, I mean, Galliardi.

I next pitched up at Borussia Monchengladbach when they were nearly at the bottom of 1.Bundesliga. I saved them from relegation, but was sacked, much like Hodgson at Liverpool or Hughes everywhere, for just being out of my depth. Gladbach would be relegated that season and me?... well

I then took a reputation-rebuilding job at Real Oviedo C.F. 18th when I signed, we powered our way to both the Copa Real Federación Española de Fútbol and the Segunda División B1 titles.

Leading the way were ex-FC Internazionale youth MC Patrick Olsen (free), Real Madrid Castilla rejects MC/AMC Lucas Torro (£5k), ST Juan Narvaez (free) and MR/AMRL/ST Raul De Tomas (£55k).

However, we had to sell 5* youth prospect ST Jose Luis to Las Palmas for £500k + sell on and free transfer capture ST (with 50% EVERYTHING on his contract to get him) Yaya Sanogo for £1m + sell-on to Real Zaragoza

No youth to speak of yet, but as we are leading 3-0 in the first round, first leg of the Champions Playoff, we should see a decent comeback for this once-great side!

[video=youtube_share;U3_ivGHP_xM]

Apologies for the bad quality, I'm using my mobile to upload.

Well, we coasted past Recreativo Huelva in the the first leg of the Champions Playoff and found ourselves up against S.D Eibar in the final to determine the Segunda Division B winners.

We drew 1-1 in the first leg and then spanked them at home 3-0 to lift the title and look forward to next season in LIGA Adelante.

Currently sat in 5th place in LIGA Adelante at the beginning of October, thanks to a crazy 'score one more than you' policy.

The team is sat with a 5-2-2 record, 21 goals for & 15 against.

No amazing signings in the transfer window, just a lot of them. A lot of rejects from other clubs, Didier Drogba (who's tutoring and an U-19 assman) and a £525k signing of an Italian DL who was sorely needed as our regular 17 year old DL got sent off in a previous game and his replacement got a 4.9 in a 4-1 loss to Rayo Vallecano

Our other loss came to another former LIGA BBVA side as two disputed pens gave CD Numancia a 1-3 win.

Highlight was a stunning 6-3 win over Huesca after being pegged back to 2-2 at HT

Midseason break, 2016, and we're currently running 11th in LIGA Adelante. This season has gone pretty well, with mainly our losses coming against ex-BBVA teams; Almeria, Valladolid, Getafe etc.

The Getafe loss was sad as we only lost 1-2, due to a looping, mishit cross that beat Grunwald from the near touchline. However, we've only won once in 8 games and slipped down from 5th.

I doubt I'm going to strengthen in the transfer window and, in fact, I might dump some spares. Perhaps a left back on loan as Stallone was woefully outmatched when the Italian was suspended.

Transfer window closed and I decided to safeguard my future and sell off some assets to give me a fighting chance to upgrade my facilites. So out went GK Adrian for £1.3m to RC Celta Vigo, ST Juan Narvaez to Real Mallorca for £1m + 50% sell on and MR/AMRL/ST Raul De Tomas for Cadiz for £140k.

All three were vital components in the team, but I'm struggling in the league now, so it might be better to get some decent youth through and be able to train them up..

I was linked with Valencia a while ago on my Salamanca game, I saved before declaring interest and applying but didn't get the job. I'd have happily moved clubs as I don't think i'll be able to win anything with Salamanca for a while, and it's supposed to be a journeyman save. Being knocked out of the Champions League at the Group Stage was an annoyance as well, but half expected as we're simply not good enough yet.

I'm thinking I should build my rep up with Salamanca and then move on. Hopefully someone declares interest within the next 6 months.

2016-17 season ended and we finished 13th in LIGA adelante. A seriously hot start was equalled by a seriously cold slide towards the bottom. 33 year old ST Diego Cervero was our top scorer again, but we really need a good player to take the heat off him.

I applied for the AC Milan job again, feeling that I still have a point to prove, but lost out, along with the Athletic Bilbao job.

An average youth intake (two players of note) means that we're still waiting for that one great intake to help us up the table.

End of August, and we're 5th in LIGA adelante. I took stock at the beginning of pre-season and realised that the pipeline for Spanish talent just wasn't as plentiful as it could be. Added to this, a number of players were grumbling about wanting to play at a higher level. Therefore I took a gamble and went overseas for some players who I thought could fire us to promotion.

Players like Chilean internationals AML Mark Gonzalez & Mauricio Pinilla, a young South African striker and Spanish talent Iago Falque. Out went Patrick Olsen, Simone Ganz and others.

Archived