Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

be luton town -30 points give yourself a challenge you can survive as well as i did it

I tried this once and failed horribly. :)

ive been to the stadium in real life and i didnt mind it nice little ground for a small team and i want to go the again this season. And well done for planning to stick with them

To be honest... Thinking about it 5000 is a good size ground for a Blue Square Prem team. It only has 2000 seated though so that might become a problem if we go up the divisions.

I did take AFC Wimbledon from Conference South to the Championship on FM 2007, the ground only held around 5000 and we had to ground share at Vicarage Road while the current stadium was being upgraded ti 15,000 :D That was a really nice touch. No other manager game would you see that happen.

:eek:What size database are you running?

large database..

i hope u dont think i meant ''out of MR's'' literally :D

Afellay and Adu are both old now and there are no decent regens to replace them with..

large database..

i hope u dont think i meant ''out of MR's'' literally :D

Afellay and Adu are both old now and there are no decent regens to replace them with..

LOL I thought you meant that there was no MR's left in the game :D

I'll try AFC Wimbledon then. :)

I don't like starting unemployed but thanks anyway Andy.

You should enjoy the AFC Wimbledon game. They get a great turnout every home game and it can raise you funds over the course of the season.

LOL I thought you meant that there was no MR's left in the game :D

well that's how i feel about this whole situation now :D

because i've even manually gone trough every u21/u19 squad in in the world... and no-one has a potential to be as good as adu/afellay once were..!! :eek:

Andy!! Got any tip's I have never actually started this low before so I thought I would take over Mansfield Town well I will in a minute when I get it all loaded up ;)

What would the best formation be in BluSqPrem! Or would it be better to have 2 or 3 and rotate it!?

Anyone recommend me a team to start with? Am struggling to enjoy a game atm and need some inspiration from somewhere/one.

this work for me which was 4-3-3

a sweeper keeper

wing back automatic, Ball playing defender cover, central defender stopper, wing back automatic

deep lying playmaker defend, advanced playmaker attack, deep lying playmaker defend

deep lying forward support, poacher attack (acceleration and pace), deep lying forward support

Anyone recommend me a team to start with? Am struggling to enjoy a game atm and need some inspiration from somewhere/one.

what division?in that division do you want a promotion chasing team or a struggling team

this work for me which was 4-3-3

a sweeper keeper

wing back automatic, Ball playing defender cover, central defender stopper, wing back automatic

deep lying playmaker defend, advanced playmaker attack, deep lying playmaker defend

deep lying forward support, poacher attack (acceleration and pace), deep lying forward support

I actually like the look of that I might have to give that a go!! Thanks :thup:

Andy!! Got any tip's I have never actually started this low before so I thought I would take over Mansfield Town well I will in a minute when I get it all loaded up ;)

What would the best formation be in BluSqPrem! Or would it be better to have 2 or 3 and rotate it!?

Well, I have bought in players who are good in central positions. My formation is a 4-3-1-2, I have a good attacking midfielder called Craig King who I bought from Leicester and 3 midfielders in the center of the park who are playmakers.

It works well for me, I have made my pitch the smallest possible and also one of my midfielders has long throw ability of 18 and his preffered move is "Possesses a long flat throw" So on a small pitch it's like having a corner everytime the ball goes out of play for a throw deep in the opponents half! :D

I suggest looking for loans and free transfers. The trialist day in late July is important too, check out a lot of the players on show there. Let me know what the Mansfield transfer budget looks like :)

Well, I have bought in players who are good in central positions. My formation is a 4-3-1-2, I have a good attacking midfielder called Craig King who I bought from Leicester and 3 midfielders in the center of the park who are playmakers.

It works well for me, I have made my pitch the smallest possible and also one of my midfielders has long throw ability of 18 and his preffered move is "Possesses a long flat throw" So on a small pitch it's like having a corner everytime the ball goes out of play for a throw deep in the opponents half! :D

I suggest looking for loans and free transfers. The trialist day in late July is important too, check out a lot of the players on show there. Let me know what the Mansfield transfer budget looks like :)

Well I didn't want to push myself straight away so I just said that I would get top half for now hopefully I will be able to push for a higher finish! That left me with £10k

Well I didn't want to push myself straight away so I just said that I would get top half for now hopefully I will be able to push for a higher finish! That left me with £10k

What is your wage budget and what is your current wage total? Try and offload a few players who are on over £300 a week who arent top players for the club. Something else I do when buying players is I prefer to get central defenders who have jumping above 14. Have a look for a player called... Wesley Ngo Baheng.

I don't know if he will be the same on your game as he is on mine but he has been a top player for us. He is a striker and scored 21 goals last season, he is young too. He is good in the air and has 14 pace so physically he is great and he also has 13 composure.

I have found this guy but would take a massive chunk out the £10k!!

hmmyd.jpg

i think i ive signed him before I dont think he was that bad

I have found this guy but would take a massive chunk out the £10k!!

hmmyd.jpg

Looks good to me :) Offer them 5k, it would be worth it! You can get a good 4+ loan players so I wouldn't worry too much about using half of the transfer budget.

What is your wage budget and what is your current wage total? Try and offload a few players who are on over £300 a week who arent top players for the club. Something else I do when buying players is I prefer to get central defenders who have jumping above 14. Have a look for a player called... Wesley Ngo Baheng.

I don't know if he will be the same on your game as he is on mine but he has been a top player for us. He is a striker and scored 21 goals last season, he is young too. He is good in the air and has 14 pace so physically he is great and he also has 13 composure.

I support Newcastle so I know this kid :D:thup: I was thinking of trying to get Spear and Donaldson on load aswell!

I support Newcastle so I know this kid :D:thup: I was thinking of trying to get Spear and Donaldson on load aswell!

Will do no harm to make as many offers as possible to get loans in :)

Bear in mind that you can have 4 long term loans a season, that is more than 3 months long loans. You can loan as many players as you want for short term loans. I have about 5 loans in that are here for 3 months.

You can use 5 loan players in your team in a league match, not a bad limit really. In cup games you can use as many loan players as you want :D I got to the FA Trophy semi's last season and used around 8 loan players in my team in a few of the games!

Will do no harm to make as many offers as possible to get loans in :)

Bear in mind that you can have 4 long term loans a season, that is more than 3 months long loans. You can loan as many players as you want for short term loans. I have about 5 loans in that are here for 3 months.

You can use 5 loan players in your team in a league match, not a bad limit really. In cup games you can use as many loan players as you want :D I got to the FA Trophy semi's last season and used around 8 loan players in my team in a few of the games!

That is good to know I have both Ryan Donaldson and Ngo Baheng!

About to win the Serie A with Roma, good times. Apparently Pelligrini is retiring at the end of my season so theres a post I could take...

Awesome!

Also check out a player called Erik Paartalu.

Yeh I will look into him!! You using him or have used him!?

About to win the Serie A with Roma, good times. Apparently Pelligrini is retiring at the end of my season so theres a post I could take...

Well if they want you I would go for it aswell!

Yeh I will look into him!! You using him or have used him!?

Yep hes my club captain, hes the guy with the Rory Delap throw :D

Yep hes my club captain, hes the guy with the Rory Delap throw :D

Good good :) I will look into him then!! With a short pitch aswell I never though of doing that!

Good good :) I will look into him then!! With a short pitch aswell I never though of doing that!

It works a treat if you have a player with a long flat throw. I notice when I play away from home on bigger pitches... His throw can reach the edge of the 6 yard box, but when I play at home his throw can reach the far post sometimes!

Good results! I love giving the Glenn Hoddle academy a good hiding too LOL. I beat them 5-0 in pre-season aswell.

We had this before, and it was fantastic! But unfortunately mods decided to close it down. Long story short, dont argue with mods if they decided to close this one, it brings up too many arguments.

Lol well let's try and keep this one up then and not get to argumentative in here then :) Also Luton good results I'm in my first pre-son but can't seem to get the players gelled (first game I know!) Also got a player called Willy Robert!! Seems brill!!

In need of a goalkeeper Alan Marriot is *****!!

not sure if you have the budget but you could sign dean bouzinas i think thats how its spelt i think you can get for free

In need of a goalkeeper Alan Marriot is *****!!

See if you can get Ian Walker. I signed him for around 8k and he had a good season for me. He retired at the start of the 2nd season though :( He had about 20 clean sheets.