Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was planning an allnighter last night but my temper got the best of me :) Drew a game 0-0 despite having 20+ shots at least 1/2 on target, so I holidayed till 31st Decembe and went to sleep.

Game crashed when I picked it back up in the afternoon, only lost a week though,however just suffered another crash dump and lost nearly the whole january month of contract renewals,transfers and matches.

Starting it again and as I was unbeaten in the 6 games I will be making sure I win them again ;)

Have won the European Super Cup & the World Club Cup championship and am 1st at the window.

Got John Obi Mikel for £3M off of Chelsea, and sold Bale to Rangers for an intial £5M + 250K per game for 50 games and 25% sell on fee.

Doing an Arsenal, Cup team is a mixture of reserves and youth team players just won 3-0 against West Ham with my regen labelled the next John Terry scoring the 3rd.

Congrats Deisler26;

Just lost out on a good potential English CB to Chelsea, I thought I would get him having upped his wages from what he wanted to £55k/week but he went to chelsea - had a look and they have made him their highest paid player at £155k/week. :O He wouldn't even get on my bench at the moment and they are paying him that much ???

Well... ive just completed my pre-season.

and its been a strange ride... I played 2 former teams Man Utd (reserves) and Wigan, beat utd 1-0 and lost to wigan 3-2.

But Im more impressed with my 2nd half performances.

Because im a laid back guy I took it easy against shrewsbury in my final game started with a 4-4-2 and came in at half time 1-0 up

In the 2nd half I threw on all my subs and ended up playing a formation that I can only describe as a sperm/jellyfish a 1-4-5 formation.

Basically it had:

1CB

1DM

3CM

1 AML

1 AMR

3 ST

End of the match we won 3-0

How can a 1-4-5 have more effect than your average joe 4-4-2?

Unbelieveable. Still -5k on my wage budget but who cares?

Time to start a quest for the promised land.

AGH! Playing as Barcelona, just lost to Inter 3-1! Talk about an unfair result! We were the favorites for the match, and we also scored the first goal! Talk about the ME not allowing you to hold onto leads! And Maicon was one of the scorers! Maicon! He's a right back! These freaking bugs just have to happen to me, don't they? Their third goal was offside by a mile too, can't believe the sideline ref didn't see it!

tl;dr, I hate FM and I'm quitting it forever...

;)

OMG, i just signed Pato for free as his contracts expires in the summer of 2016. He was apparently not satisfied with Milans lack of recent success and understandably chose reigning leage and european champions Udinese instead.

4-1 win over Real Madrid in the first leg of the Semi Finals of the Champion's League. Messi scored twice and Xavi scored twice. Bojan also hit the bar twice. I really hope that doesn't come back to haunt me, but other than that, it was a magnificent performance!

berryy.png

Wrong to buy him just for the brilliant name? :D

Got to be one of my all-time favourites that.

Just discovered one of my U18 Strikers is called - Scott Scott. Yep that is his full name.

EDIT:

Playing Chelsea at home, they are 3rd and only team to have beaten me so far in the league this season.

0-0 in the 37th Minute

3-0 To me at HT

49th Sobis gets his 2nd to make it 4-0

58th Granero gets his 2nd to make it 5-0 Won 5-1 in the end

Playing Schalke in 2nd round knockout of champions cup, trailing 1-0 from 1st leg.

Sobis in the 72nd makes it 1-1 on agg. Playing 3123 Overload

Schalke score with their 1st shot of the game; in 1st half of extra time. I go out :(

Gone on a month long holiday so I don't kill any of my players, don't have a clue to how we didn't win. 1 shot on target to our 7 after they scored. 0CCC to our 2.

Good Luck;

HAve an FA Cup final vs Man U - Haven't got to that final before.

11 Points clear of Arsenal in 2nd place with 5 games to go,

9 Goals needed for record goals and 6 points for that record both set by chelsea in 10/11 season (Now in 16/17)

Blimey, thats quite a drop for those two. Norwich are in l1 relegation battle on mine which is about it.

1-0 up at the moment v West Ham already won the title but gunning for Chelseas' 92 Point 86 goal haul records set 6 years ago.

Jo made it 2-0 From the spot, have equalled the points record but the goals may be out of my reach as I need to score 9 in 3 i think.

Just playing as England on the annual World Cup save.

So far handed débuts/recalls to :

Luke Young

Charles N'Zogbia

Fraizer Campbell

Matt Jarvis

Gary Cahill

Matt Taylor

Paul Robinson (GK)

Experimenting ftw, which proved, as I beat Holland 4-2, with Matt Jarvis earning MOTM, a goal and 2 assits :cool:

Semi-finals of the Champion's League against Real Madrid:

semifinalfirstleg.png

First leg.

semifinalsecondleg.png

Second leg.

I went through 5-4 on aggregate. The second leg at the Bernabeu was one of the most nerve wracking games I've ever played on FM. Such a great result, I was practically chewing on my shirt towards the end of the game.

It's obvious who the two heroes were over the course of the two legs: Messi and, especially, Xavi. If the former hadn't scored in the away leg, we would've lost.

:D

Doesn't bother me at all, as I seem to do it a lot as well.

Playing the final against Liverpool right now, and what a game it's been. We started terribly with them scoring after awful defending, but Pedro managed to level the score. Kuyt scored again, but an absolutely blinding run from Messi after which he crossed to my beloved Xavi who tapped it in to the net managed to level the score again after Mascherano got sent off for a second yellow.

Now I'm 10 minutes into extra time and Pedro's done it again! A brilliant header from Xavi outside of the box put the ball into Pedro's feet and he skinned a Liverpool defender and placed the ball into the back of the net. Now I need to defend against 10 men for 20 minutes or it goes to Penalties

Beat the points & goals total after winning 4-1 away at Boro. Need an away win at Arsenal to break the 100 point barrier.

Will post a screenie after the game.

Not bothered about it, more bothered by them closing a thread that wasn't harming anyone.

Sobis has a goal ruled out for offside;

Buonanotte makes it 1-0!! With a spectacular curling shot.

Montano makes it 2-0 ! A header from a corner.

The game ended 4-2, with Pedro getting MotM. It's a great achievement for me, but I am a bit disappointed that the Spanish Cup Final was scheduled so close to the Champion's League Final. All of my players are exhausted, and Messi is injured, although I don't regret the fact that I could have prevented it. He got injured from a late tackle in the game, but I decided not to take him off since he's a big game player and always gets the result when I need it most. I was right, too, as he got the assist for the equalizer and scored the fourth goal to round off our win. I love him so much :D

I hope RM don't beat us too badly, though

Congrats, Well I won and I don't know how my team did it but:

recordbreakers.jpg

Chelsea were only team to beat me, though I got revenge by winning 5-1 at home.

Should acknowledge my assistant who picked the team fitting my tactics when I went on holiday a few times [see Months] after draws against the 'lesser' teams

Chelsea are set to move to the Zola Arena, hopefully I get a new stadium after me. We can't expand the Mad Stad any further and I'm now on the legends list. :D

Thanks likeabawass, I got promoted first try and my board did a masterstroke by getting Barcalona as my Parent club they loaned me Zamora (see below) for 3 years in a row before letting me buy him for his value, he single handedly kept me up the 1st two seasons if I recall correctly. I then got Jo and Hart off of City for 1.5M each and they were really big signings for me.

Another turning point was getting in the europa league early. I finished 16th or so but got in due to the fair play record, it allowed me to get in players who usually wouldn't be interested.

in the 10th minute of FA cup final Johnny Evans is sent off for professional foul on Juan Carlos Zamora

0-0 halfway through the 2nd half and Mr. Webb evens things up by sending off Freddy Adu, will have to re jig things.

Switched to 2-2-1-2-2 Brought on the brazillian twins Rafael & Fabio the former UTD boys.

Many stars needed here......... 93rd minute winner for UTD after they counter attacked from my corner.

I've been sending scouts out to youth leagues to look for young talent. Found a couple of promising Brazilians that way. So far I'm only looking at England, Spain, Brazil and Ivory Coast. Any ideas where else I should scout?

Can't do France, had a problem and couldn't select the French leagues.

Hope you have better luck than I :)

Arsenal keep trying to nick my coaches, Man City already nicked my best world class coach :(

GRRRRRRRRR

Man CIty after another of my World Class coaches

Got them both, gave the one city was after perhaps to good an offer but I didn't want him going to City.

Mine wasn't for swearing at anyone. It was for swearing at my team.

Mine was for swearing at Bendtner! (and going off topic, much like I'm doing now, anyway...)

I've gotten back into FM sort of, not playing as much as I wish I was but I've got this season with Spurs going, we're up to fourth in the league however Arsenal have got a game in hand which would see them leapfrog us. Just an update really, we're still in the FA cup in January 2010 and have Wolves in the next round, just lost 1-0 to Chelsea in a terrible game where Pavlyuchenko hit the post twice :(

However I'll soldier on and hopefully snatch 4th and regain my addiction to this game that has cost me so many hours sleep over the years :D

Archived