Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always ridiculously ambitious. High wages for the first team are fine if they're going to perform well enough to pay for themselves. Not looking to spend long in Adelante.

If you're interested:

Jan Blazek - Pacey young Czech striker from Slovan Liberec

Massimilliano Tagliani - Italy U21 DC/DM/MC from Fiorentina

Botia - Spain U21 DC/RB from Barca

Ariel Ibagaza - Argentina capped (who isn't? ;)) AMLC from Villarreal.

I cant seem to bring anyone decent in... I have all 4 U23 english loanees in cathcart, De Laet, Hines and Judge.

Snapped Richard Hughes on a free from portsmouth

All this happened in the summer, its just a shame I have 2k left in the wage bucket with a grand total of 325k transfer money.

I don't mean to be rude, but do we need a post for every result?

I mean, I'm all up for a bit of informal discussion about our games but there's not really a lot we can say in reply to a one off meaningless result. Would it be possible to restrict it to matches/events that might be of a little bit more interest to people?

I don't mean to be rude, but do we need a post for every result?

I mean, I'm all up for a bit of informal discussion about our games but there's not really a lot we can say in reply to a one off meaningless result. Would it be possible to restrict it to matches/events that might be of a little bit more interest to people?

:thup:

I was thinking earlier I was drifting more towards that so I've already taken it upon myself to only post what's (hopefully) interesting.

:D

:thup:

I was thinking earlier I was drifting more towards that so I've already taken it upon myself to only post what's (hopefully) interesting.

:D

I did it in my own thread earlier on, just got a bit carried away with the takeover talk ;)

I made 5 posts in a row :(

Played 6 games in the league and won them all as Arsenal manager in my first season. Not really been hard games have been all against the lower half of the table apart from spurs. Struggled to win away at Doncaster in the league Cup only won 1-0! Only signed one player on loan Sanchez from Udinese who has done alright hes only a youngster but i want to sign him permanently if the price is right. Got 25 mill to spend dont fancy spending any of it at the moment.

Just got back from my game. Scored one, assisted 1, but also missed a PK, so I really didn't play that well :(

Summary of me with Barca so far:

Xavi has by far been my best player. He's got an average of something like 8.05 and assisted 15 goals. Ronaldo won all the awards that year, but Xavi came in second for a bunch.

Messi has been decent for me, which isn't good. I want him to be magical and score tons of goals. Playing him as the advanced playmaker with 'roam from position checked' on the right wing. He's swapping with Pedro and Ibra/Bojan. Anyone got anything else better?

My record:

Pld: 17

Won: 15

Lost: 1

Draw: 1

For: 52

Against: 6

Results like these are cruel...

LeytonOrientvAstonVilla-4.png?t=1271540728

But especially when your team decides to waste a chance like this by running pointlessly down the flank and trying to score from a ridiculously tight angle and hitting the post two minutes earlier... And worstly this result could cost me the title if I don't win the next game and Chelsea do...

LeytonOrientvAstonVilla-1.png?t=1271540729

11 games now played top of the league by 3 points. Got a game in hand over 2nd so i can hopefully go more points clear. Sanchez has been amazing on the wings him and arshavin or walcott terrorising defensse. Diaby is doing well , fabregas is amazing along with Van Persie am enjoying it so far can hopefully win the league and maybe the league cup as well, am away to Leeds in the quarter finals.

Took a massive risk in my Liverpool save by flogging off Fernando Torres before the season starts for £29M.

He was injuried quite a bit and I now have 4 strikers competing for the lone roles;

Aymeric Garnier - he's our newest recruit from St Etienne for a compensation fee of £3M, potentially rising to 8.

Romelu Lukaku - Speaks for himself.

Sani Adams - Great looking player imo.

and finally Óliver Morales - Was one of my first signings and has improved alot since I bought him. He's rated the best striker but for a Complete Forward role, I'm not sure.

Did I make the right choice? Who is Nando's replacement?

Took a massive risk in my Liverpool save by flogging off Fernando Torres before the season starts for £29M.

He was injuried quite a bit and I now have 4 strikers competing for the lone roles;

Aymeric Garnier - he's our newest recruit from St Etienne for a compensation fee of £3M, potentially rising to 8.

Romelu Lukaku - Speaks for himself.

Sani Adams - Great looking player imo.

and finally Óliver Morales - Was one of my first signings and has improved alot since I bought him. He's rated the best striker but for a Complete Forward role, I'm not sure.

Did I make the right choice? Who is Nando's replacement?

Only £29m for Torres? :O

Hulk is epic and should be able to fill his shoes well tho.

Ugh, some player from Athletic scored a late equalizer that was clearly offside. I complained about it in the later press conference, and I was right! Incompetent fools. Now Real Madrid is going to be able to grab a foothold in the title race.

Archived