dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in 2032 I've managed:

2010-2013 - Guiselely BSN to L1

2013-2015 - Barnsley L1 to Champ

2016-2018 - Debrecen 3xtitle and CL Group Stage

2018-2019 - Zenit (left within 1 season)

2019-2020 - Reading 7th PL

2020-2025 - At Madrid 3xtitle, 2xCL

2025-2025 - Staines BSS (thought it would be interesting but it wasn't)

2025-2027 - Vasco 2xtitle

2027-2028 - Fenerbahce title

2028-2030 - Bayern Munich 2xtitle

2030 - Everton 2xtitle (got a Tycoon owner).

All very enjoyable getting here however I think I might retire my manager and start off unemployed if I can win the CL for Everton this season.

I'm in 2022 now.

Started at Droylsden, took me 2 seasons to get them to the BSP and another 2 to get them to L2. From there moved to Hartlepool, got them into L1, Cardiff got them into the Championship, Hull got them into the Premier League. After finishing 15th and 12th in the EPL my new chairman (who took over in the first season in the Premiership) still only gave me 2m transfer budget (with almost 20m in the bank). I guess he had superlow ambition, frustrating as the old chairmen seemed to be very ambitious (always giving in to my requests for whatever and a relatively high wage/transfer budget). Not being interested in another season of midtable football I decided to not renew my contract.

Got the Flamengo job. When I got there they had 8 points after 8 games in the Brasileiro. Made a 26W-3D-1L run and still couldn't catch Sao Paulo (the single loss was away to them and the eventual title decider, earlier in the season I had destroyed them at home 4-1 though). Did however win the Copa Sudamericana, this propelled me and in 2022 I won the state championship, Copa Libertadores and Recopa :eek: so after winning barely anything throughout my career I suddenly won all meaningful South American (club) cup competitions (giving me world class status, 1 year earlier at Hull I still had "national" reputation). After the 2022 world cup Spain sacked their manager and Benitez (Real Madrid) took over, I applied and got the job :)

Internationally I managed Canada (not accomplishing much), Sweden (got out of group stage of Euro 2020), Holland U21 (losing Euro U21 championship final to France) and got the Argentina job after they failed to get out of the group during the 2022 WC (same as Spain).

So from Hull/Netherlands U21 in 2021 to Real Madrid/Argentina in 2022, exactly 1 year later. Things can change pretty quickly ;)

I just managed to win the BSS at the first attempt in my first go at managing a lower divisions team. It was a bit of a fluke to be honest as my defence was atrocious.

Now my staff don't want to renew their contracts for some reason.

Edit: I've now either missed something glaringly obvious, broken my players or the game has bugged as my entire first team squad are stuck on ~60% condition after one friendly. I've reached the last pre-season friendly and I've simply run out of players. I can't decide whether to go on Holiday and see if my AssMan can sort it out, or resign and hope something interesting comes along. (Which would be a shame as I'm quite attached to Dover now).

Just managed to get AEK into the group stages of the Champs League for the first time under my management! \0/

Scraped past Lokomotiv Moscow and Fenerbahce in the qualifiers (on away goals both times), and my reward? Barcelona, AC Milan and APOEL Nicosia. Ouch. Still, star man (and solitary Greek in the starting XI) Pappas scored a club and league record 5 goals in the first match of the league campaign as we destroyed local rivals PAOK 5-0 at home. Goal for this season is to rinse the CL for all the cash we can get, and try to topple the seemingly unbeatable Panathanaikos domestically.

My first Real Madrid season so far has been nothing short of ridicilous and so unrealistic it will probably be my last FM11 season as it feels like playing some '94 manager game now, ie. pretty much broken. Tactics shouldn't be this powerful, ever. FM12 should put more focus on player ability and a lot less on tactics.

I am first in the league with a 26-2-0 record and a 21 point lead after beating second place Atletico 0-7 away from home. My star (and lone) striker, a German regen, has over 50 goals already in the league :eek: Never ever seen anywhere near this level of dominance nor such a ridicilous scoring record by a single player, "wtf" really? We've already scored over 100 goals and only conceded 14 so far. Maybe Man Utd in the QF of the CL will provide some challenge as they are leading the Premiership by 16 points with 8 games to go (25-3-2 record for them). Also into the final of the Spanish cup after beating Barcelona by a 6-1 aggregate in the semi's.

Just had a stonking game at Loftus Road:

qpra.jpg

Three-nil down after twenty minutes :( ... suffered from being too deep and too negative, and also perhaps through not motivating my players enough pre-match. QPR were dancing rings round us.

The game changed on a couple of things. Firstly, Goodey snatched a goal back out of literally nothing - charged out of midfield, won a tackle he had no right to, and smashed it into the net for his first Colchester goal in two and a half seasons :D . Suddenly we were going into HT only two behind, and when I looked at my team's motivation, they weren't down, they were mostly 'Fired Up' or 'Motivated'. Inspirational stuff, Goodey.

So I gave them a further boost at half-time by telling them I had faith...

kelvindavisreportsteamt.jpg

...which Guthers loved, and the 20 year old Colchester youth product went on to score twice, including a 90th minute equaliser. Helped by Keithy boy, who I subbed on 'in the hole' for his first senior action in two months (suspension/injury). He promptly set up both of Guthers' goals and also won the penalty, MOTM despite only playing the second half.

I thought the Loohuis rocket that put QPR back in front was going to be a heart-breaker, but we came back again.

Dizzy heights of the November mid-table in our first season up in the Championship.

2010/11 - Hartlepool United, League One - 15th

2011/12 - Hartlepool United, League One - 11th

2012/13 - Hartlepool United, League One - 7th

2013/14 - Hartlepool United, League One - 3rd

2014/15 - (Gentleman of leisure!)

2015/16 - Colchester United, League Two - 3rd

2016/17 - Colchester United, League One - 9th

2017/18 - Colchester United, League One - 1st

2018/19 - Colchester United, Championship -

Pleased to note that we are currently ten places above Hartlepool, even though the media predicted that they'd stay up and we wouldn't. Still, a long way to go yet.

21 games out of 30 done in the league, and we are twelve points clear of the dreaded Panathanaikos with a superior goal difference...surely we can't throw this away? Pappas has now scored over 40 in all comps (and continues to be inexplicably frozen out by the Greek national team), but there are rumblings of discontent amongst the squad with a number angling for moves to bigger clubs.

As expected, we failed to qualify from the group stage of the CL, but we were far from embarrassed. Drawing 1-1 at home to AC Milan was a particular highlight (although the beat us 2-0 comfirtably in the return fixture), and we only lost 2-0 and 3-2 to giants Barcelona. Minnows APOEL lived up to their billing, as we trounced them 6-1 away and 5-1 at home. They finished bottom of the group, pointless, having conceded 30 goals and scoring just 2 in six matches. Our reward for third place is a horror tie against Inter Milan in the Europa, followed by either Celtic or Man City if we somehow get through that.

Actually got beaten by Man Utd :( Failed to capitalise on our chances in the first leg and Man Utd got their crucial away goal on one of their only shots. Game ended up 1-1. During the away game we were without Neuhold (injury) and couldn't score so out in the quarter finals, conceded a late goal while we were desperately trying to score but with 0-0 we'd have been out as well so... tied up the league with 6 games to go and also won the cup. So 6 meaningless games left and already bought a fantastic new DM for next season.

All we lack now is a great AM (Pastore is 33, turning 34 in June), which (therefore) will be obviously my target during the summer. Lyon have a ridicilously good regen (22 from Iran) which I will try to poach to succeed Pastore if my budget will allow it. I have decided to keep going this FM11 game until I win the CL and CWC. Man Utd's squad is flat out ridicilous though, and their stars all fairly young so it won't be too easy just yet. Barcelona have also been buying some really good young players to replace their over the top old ones so I foresee a 3 team challenge for the next few years, but it looks like they'll be missing out on CL football next season (5th right now, 6 points behind Sevilla in 3rd (Spain only has 3 spots left atm) with 6 games left) which would be huge for us.

I just picked up the league and cup double with Lazio in my first full season, after coming 3rd the season before.

Unfortunately we got knocked in the first knockout stage of the Champions League after being drawn against Man Utd, and now Italy have lost their 4th qualifying spot. I'm intending to stay at least one more season to see how we do in Europe, then I'll look at moving on to one last job before FM 2012 comes out, preferably in Germany.

My Senegal team also lost the African Nations final to Ghana, so I quit straight after. Hoping to get a European international job once the sackings start after the Euro 2020 qualifiers are done.

Alright lads, i'm guessing this is the new equivalent of the old "all nighter" thread? (I might be going back a fair bit there haha).

I'm just about to start the 2014-15 season on FM10, and my 3rd full season in charge of Spurs. I only made the one major signing over the summer, right back César Azpilicueta because it was the only position I felt we needed strengthening. Despite selling the ageing/not very good Defoe (He was third choice striker anyway) I feel we've still got plenty of striking options. After completing the "poor man's double" (League Cup and Europa League winners) and coming surprisingly close to winning the league last time out, i'm expecting us to kick on and push for more silverware this season, hopefully another good Champions League run also.

Career so far:

[b]Season		Team			League		Pos	Notes[/b]
2009-2010	Crystal Palace		Championship	16th	FA Cup winner
2010-2011	Crystal Palace		Championship	13th*	[i]Left in October[/i]
	Bolton			Premier League	12th
2011-2012	Bolton			Premier League	9th	League Cup winner, [i]left in May[/i]
2012-2013	Tottenham		Premier League	6th	FA Cup winner
2013-2014	Tottenham		Premier League	2nd	League Cup winner, Europa League winner
2014-2015	Tottenham		Premier League	2nd	FA Cup winner
2015-2016	Tottenham		Premier League	12th*	[i]Left in November[/i]
	Birmingham		Championship	13th

*signifies the club's position at time of departure

Lucky Hartlepool :D

What goes around comes around... (this is the following season):

hartle.jpg

Four and a half years after Hartlepool sacked me for sending my CV to other clubs, Frances Farmer has had her revenge on Seattle. Not that I bear grudges or anything! Eddie Howe ('Pool boss) despises me too, even though he benefitted from the foundations I'd built. Enjoy L1, Ed, and take your 28 goals with you :p

Good season for us though, first one up in the Championship and just four points shy of the playoffs (predicted 22nd).

Just some info about my demo career. Started with Wycombe. Had 4 consecutive 0-0 draws, a 0-1 loss to Brentford in the League Cup and then played Scunthorpe.

Now, I was half-hoping for a 5th straight 0-0 against the recently-relegated Scunthorpe. However, we collapsed in the last 10 mins of the first half, going in 0-3 down at the half. I told them passionately that we weren't playing well, work harder and this was the result at full-time..

holycow-1.jpg

Alright lads, i'm guessing this is the new equivalent of the old "all nighter" thread? (I might be going back a fair bit there haha).

I'm just about to start the 2014-15 season on FM10, and my 3rd full season in charge of Spurs. I only made the one major signing over the summer, right back César Azpilicueta because it was the only position I felt we needed strengthening. Despite selling the ageing/not very good Defoe (He was third choice striker anyway) I feel we've still got plenty of striking options. After completing the "poor man's double" (League Cup and Europa League winners) and coming surprisingly close to winning the league last time out, i'm expecting us to kick on and push for more silverware this season, hopefully another good Champions League run also.

Career so far:

[b]Season		Team			League		Pos	Notes[/b]
2009-2010	Crystal Palace		Championship	16th	FA Cup winner
2010-2011	Crystal Palace		Championship	13th*	[i]Left in October[/i]
	Bolton			Premier League	12th
2011-2012	Bolton			Premier League	9th	League Cup winner, [i]left in May[/i]
2012-2013	Tottenham		Premier League	6th	FA Cup winner
2013-2014	Tottenham		Premier League	2nd	League Cup winner, Europa League winner
2014-2015	Tottenham		Premier League	2nd	FA Cup winner
2015-2016	Tottenham		Premier League	12th*	[i]Left in November[/i]
	Birmingham		Championship	

*signifies the club's position at time of departure

How quickly things change :(

I was a runner up in the FA Cup and Champions League (Again) with Tottenham in 2016, losing to United and Liverpool respectively. Bassong was sold for a reasonably large fee over the summer and not replaced, partly because I felt the back four we had was good enough and also because there were a couple of youngsters in the reserves who looked like they may well turn out to be world class players.

Vucinic (Leading scorer three seasons running) picked up a serious injury only a few games into the new season and the promising 22 year old striker I had as backup misfired at every given opportunity, which meant that while we weren't conceding too many goals, we weren't scoring enough to compensate (Cue lots of 0-0s, 0-1s and 1-2s). We got dumped out of the League Cup by Liverpool. At home. In the 3rd round :( and it was all downhill from there. The only positive being our decent Champions League form. By the end of November (After an appalling 1-0 defeat away at newly-promoted Ipswich and a drab 0-0 home draw with Fulham) we were 12th in the table and the board and the fans weren't happy, so I left not knowing what sort of condition we'd be in come January and that by that point the damage will already have been done.

Nothing was available for a few months and then Trevor Francis was sacked as Birmingham manager, with the former Premier League club languishing in 17th in the Championship. I applied and was almost immediately accepted, i've got a lot of work on to try and make something of the squad i've inherited. Not a bad team as such, but a lot of old players and a fair bit of deadwood that needs clearing. I've got a couple of weeks left of the January window to try and bring in some defensive players but I think i'll leave the bulk of the shifting-out and bringing-in until the summer. The target for this season is just to try and finish as high as we can (Playoffs look very, very doubtful), and hopefully promotion next season.

Well i got the Moyola Park board to finally build a youth acadamy after saving up for 18 years. I decided on getting it before upgrading any of the facilitie due to the fact that i'm doing a youth only game, the youth acadamy will be only the second in N.I after queens uni who had a youth acadamy right from the start.

Also on the international scene England are now below Scotland in the world rankings and N.I have dropped out of the top 100!

So I've been taking a break from my Crazy Canuck save (probably a permanent one till FM12 comes out) and having a little fun in MLS with Toronto FC. I'm playing with all leagues loaded so I've gotten quite a group of players to choose from. I've made a lot of changes to the default squad and I'm starting in January 2011.

My trades:

- Jan. 29: FC Dallas trade ST Peri Marosevic to Toronto FC for DC Emmanuel Gomez, DR Dan Gargan, 2011 3rd Round Pick

- Feb. 2: New York Red Bulls trade DL/DC Tim Ream to Toronto FC for MR/MC Spencer Thompson, AMC J.C Banks, ML/AML Junior Burgos, 2011 2nd Round Pick

- June 30: Sporting KC trade ST Teal Bunbury to Toronto FC for DC Ty Harden

- Sept. 15: FC Dallas trade DL Nana Appiah (newgen, 2011 5th overall pick) to Toronto FC for allocation money ($60k)

My free agent signings:

- Feb. 13: DC/DR/MC Adrian Serioux (CAN) - 32 - unattached

- May 5: AML/ML Colin Clark (USA) - 27 - unattached

- June 30: ST/MC Davy Arnaud (USA) - 31 - unattached

- July 1: DR Julian Perujo (URU) - 26 - Nacional

- July 3: DC/MC Ethan Gage (CAN) - 20 - unattached

- July 4: ST Danny Koevermans (NED) - 33 - unattached - Designated Player

Players released/sold:

- Scott Rojo

- Steven Beattie

- Steven Murphy (2011 3rd round pick)

- Matt Gold (claimed on waivers by FC Dallas)

- Nicolas Lindsay (sold to HJK for $50k)

- Jacob Peterson

- Julio Cesar Rodriguez (2011 4th round pick)

I experimented with several formations over the course of the season before settling on an offensive 4-3-3 formation. It doesn't exactly emulate Aron Winter's tactics at the real life TFC team as I do use 3 forwards in the centre and 3 midfielders while the full backs on both flanks push up to attack. We seemed to be able to hold our own in the league so I think I'll be sticking with it.

Here's what our usual starting XI would be:

GK - Stefan Frei

DR - Julian Perujo/James Luna (newgen 2011 1st round draft pick)

DC - Adrian Cann

DC - Tim Ream/Nana Attakora

DL - Nana Appiah

MC - Julian De Guzman

MC - Nick LaBrocca

MC - Davy Arnaud

ST - Danny Koevermans

ST - Peri Marosevic/Teal Bunbury

ST - Dwayne DeRosario/Israel Guzman (newgen 2011 2nd round draft pick)

Other key bench players include Nathan Sturgis and Colin Clark. Despite at times we were totally out of sync and played terrible at times, we shocking managed to win the Eastern Conference and of course clinch a playoff spot, the first time TFC will be in the playoffs in team history :cool:. We made it all the way to the MLS Cup Final at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, Texas but we lost to the Seattle Sounders. I had very balanced attack in the regular season and playoffs with contributions from DeRo (8 goals), Koevermans (7 goals), Marosevic (6 goals), Bunbury (5 goals), and Guzman (4 goals). Davy Arnaud, who can also play up front, also scored 3 goals.

Next season I really have to improve at left back and my team is getting a bit old. I'm not sure if DeRo can hold up next season. I also wouldn't mind some extra International Slots and keeping some players if they can gain Canadian citizenship.

I have decided to keep going this FM11 game until I win the CL and CWC. Man Utd's squad is flat out ridicilous though, and their stars all fairly young so it won't be too easy just yet. Barcelona have also been buying some really good young players to replace their over the top old ones so I foresee a 3 team challenge for the next few years, but it looks like they'll be missing out on CL football next season (5th right now, 6 points behind Sevilla in 3rd (Spain only has 3 spots left atm) with 6 games left) which would be huge for us.

Don't know how but forgot about Bayern Munich, who have been dominant in the CL the past few seasons and kicked me out this season in the semis before losing to Fulham in the final (which was an upset). Ended up winning the league comfortably eventually (midway through the season we were at 16-3-0 and Barcelona at 16-1-2 IIRC).

Into my third season with Real now and none of my left midfielders have developed so I might have to buy someone there if I want to win the CL, still don't feel I have the squad to defeat Bayern and Man Utd over 2 games. And Barcelona and Fulham are quite equal matches as well. Beat Fulham in the group stage 3-2 at home though. So far 8-0-0 in the league (Barcelona 7-1-0) and 3-0-0 in the CL. But lots of small wins while Barcelona is smashing everybody 4-0 (except for that single draw) so I expect to trip up soon.

Btw in my first season Neuhold ended up with 73 goals (36 apps) in the Liga BBVA. Since then I have been rotating him a lot more so that won't be broken. But still, this guy is a total freak, just like Eugenio from Barcelona. I should post screenshots of them some time.

I think part of the reason for this is the fact that the Spanish league is down to 4 stars in my game which means anybody but Barcelona and Real can't keep up with the other big league's talentwise. So there is a steep dropoff in quality from our squads to the rest and it shows in the results.

• 2 weeks later...

Still playing FM11 with my all youth team in N.I. and after roughly 15 seasons playing from the very bottom Lisburn have always been the richest in the league but that all changed when a TYCOON decided to buy Portadown.

That's right a tycoon has decided that he wants to help out N.I. football, that or he lost a bet with his mates.

Started a career in the Belgian Jupiler League, simply cos the format looks crazy.

Went with OH Leuven, predicted bottom, operating on a fifth of the budget of everyone else. After some simply amazing results (3-0 away to Anderlecht being a highlight) we secured 10th place and a shot at the qualification groups for the Europa League.

Got to the semis and knocked out by Standard Liege :(

So I left, couldn't take them any further than that. St Mirren offered me a job, and I'm in Paisley now. 1k p/w over my budget, so flogged a few players. Played the champions Rangers at home in my first game... beat them 3-2!

Aiming for avoid relegation, but I'm hopeful for a good mid-table place. Top half of the split would be amazing.

Can you beat 13 games? ;)

We'll see, but things have started to turn around.

Got some players back from suspension (they'd had THREE players red carded in the match prior to my arrival) and injury. Was able to switch to the 4-2-4 formation (2 strikers, 2 wingers) I had identified as an appropriate tactic, and beat a midtable side 3-1 and the bottom (winless) side 1-2. We're still in the relegation zone, but only on goal difference (there are 4 teams on 16 points including us; we have to leapfrog 2 teams to avoid the drop).

And now our new found momentum is halted by the 140-day winter break. :D:(

On the bright side, this lets us recover from some new injuries: The starting GK tweaked a groin in the 3-1 win (so I had to use a 19-year-old amateur player in the other win) and is out 6 to 7 weeks; one of our starting center backs suffered fractured ribs on a corner in the 1-2 win, and is out 2 months.

The story so far:

Season 1: Started unemployed with a Sunday League reputation with all leagues loaded in England, Spain, Italy and Germany. I rejected all foreign jobs as I wanted to start in England and Boston United were the first to offer me a job. They were 16th in the Blue Square North despite being predicted top 2 so my aim would be to try and reach the play-offs. By the end of the season however we were top (just) as only 3 points separated the top 7. New signing Jamil Adams hit 30 goals in 30 games to finish the leagues top scorer.

Season 2: After only just getting promoted I was hoping for a top half finish but didn't expect much more. With Jamil Adams being the stand out player last season I was looking to find some more goalscoring support for him (and failed). We were doing as expected most of the season but had a decent run towards the end and somehow finished 2nd, although it was closer between 2nd-7th again. Stockport finished top my miles. Met Newport in the play-off s and won 4-3 on agg. then faced Luton in the final and met a 1-0 defeat to stay in the division. Adams hits 41 goals in 46 games to be top scorer again - club legend in the making.

Season 3 (Ongoing): This time I want promotion, preferably from top spot as I HATE play-off s. Ended up changing a lot of first team players but we were still being spearheaded by Jamil Adams (who leaves after this season as I can't afford the wage rise he wants).

Jamil Adams, 76 games 71 goals

jamiladamoverviewprofil.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think this would be a fine place to put my updates, even though they are in a bit different format to most others :D

I present to you 'Let's Play FM12', where I will tell my tale of trying to take Southampton (mostly randomly chosen fwiw) to glory:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Obviously any comments welcomed :)

Nice touch! **** the Scummers thought! ;)

Getting curbstomped in Belarus.

Didn't really have a good pre-season, as we had 6 friendlies crammed into about 2 weeks, so everyone was only getting 45 minutes in an attempt to keep them somewhat fresh. The last 3 were against top division sides.

We lost all of them, and carried that form into the season. Our 4 games we've played, we've lost 5-1, 4-0, 3-1 and 5-1.

Norway is not going to plan....6 straight defeats - 4 of them under me (my first 4 games in charge), thought I'd made some progress in the last game, was 2-0 up after 20 minutes but managed to go on to lose 7-3.

I have the worst defence and goalkeepers I've ever seen!!

Think I might have to try and sign an entire new back 5. Either that or the sack is coming very soon!!

Just finished season 3 with Boston, we came 2nd after Wrexham ran away with the league title so I had to enter the play-off's again - beat Grimsby 3-0 although it had to go to extra time in the 2nd leg before anyone scored a goal. Facing off with Barnet in the finals where I lost 3-4 aet.

Managed to sign Jamil Adams on a long term deal so regardless of whether I stay or go he will remain at the club for another two seasons - although if I leave I will regret that as it stops me taking him with me as easily. He managed 48 goals in 50 games for us.

Now my question for whoever is reading this is simple - do I stay another season at Boston and hope for promotion? or leave before taking them to the football league?

Added - My reputation is regional.

Well I was hoping for at least one reply :p

I decided to stay at Boston, one last try :)

Season     Team                League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Club:[/b]

2011/12    Boston United       English Blue Square North    1st         Division Champions
2012/13    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2013/14    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier  2nd         Lost in Play-Off Finals
2014/15    Boston United       English Blue Square Premier

Came top of the league with Boston, and won the FA Trophy so an EXCELLENT last season at the club. I decided before the season started that this would be my last one at the club as four years was more than enough I felt. Although I didn't get manager of the year :(

So I resigned, went on holiday to apply for all jobs and within two days I had two offers: Shrewsbury of League 2 who finished 6th but they felt similar to Boston, and Burney who came 20th in the Premiership!!! - talk about a HUGE step up the ladder but who am I to say no. My personal wage went from £800 to nearly £11,000

Archived