Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

Well despite 2 Welsh championships, 1 Welsh Cup and getting Aberystwyth into the group stage of the Euro Cup (including winning one and drawing one whilst there) I still cannot even get a job in League two and that including England AND Scotland :-S Starting to think Wales was a bad starting point.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished my first season with Juventus Bucharest of Romania and I did so much better than I thought I would.

[u]Season[/u]      [u]Team[/u]                  [u]League[/u]                   [u]Position[/u]             [u]Cup[/u]          [u]Other Achievements[/u]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234759-Anagain-s-Bucharest-to-West?p=6169033&viewfull=1#post6169033"]2010-11[/url]     Juventus Bucharest    Romanian LigaII Gr2        6th             6th Round            None

Got second on manager of the year and my player's won goal of the year and player of the year. 4 players got picked for team of the year.

I can not but help to think it's going to be a much tougher second season. I'm going to get rid of a lot of dead wood but it'll leave me short. I think I'll be having to bring in the loanees again. The core of the side will still be here but there's a lot of interest for my squad so I could see many leaving, including my inspirational creative midfielder who i have already accepted a too-good-to-refuse offer for. Finances are bad anyway and things need trimming.

By the way, what do people think of my career thread, Anagain's Bucharest to West? Too congested and too much information? I know I'm new around here but I'm quite enjoying reporting on my save, and it's got me a lot more interested in it, but it don't seem to be getting a lot of attention. Am I putting people off with too much reporting?

Been on vacation visiting my dad for the Thanksgiving holiday, but have managed to get some FM time.

Lost my Champions League qualifier 1-3 to Goteborg. Got a very credible 0-0 draw away, but succumbed at home due to a hat-trick from their left midfielder.

Apparently we had a championship hangover, because we lost our first 4 games in the league, being outscored 12-1. But we've turned it around and have crawled back into 5th after 10 games. We're 11 points adrift of the leaders though, and 9 out of 2nd place. And the board wanted us to qualify for Europe through league position. :/

Would be nice if SI could program it so players can see in-season changes.

I took over Yanbian FC, who were predicted to finish 5th. My strongest centerback has just complained to me that we're underachieving and it's making him lose faith in me as a manager.

When I took over, Yanbian were bottom of the First Division with just 5 points from 10 matches. In my 13 games in charge, we're 5-2-6, and are all but mathematically safe from relegation now (we're 6 points clear with 3 to play). Yeah, we're still only 12th out of 14 teams. But the team is in a better spot than it was when I got there.

So suck it up, and play. :D

Have cleared out my four whinging foreign players ("Respect mah authoritah!" :D). It's a strictly Chinese squad now (though that doesn't mean I wouldn't signed a very talented foreigner).

Have 4 pre-season matches lined up against Super League sides (yes it's about the money), and so far we're 1-1-0 against them (beating Dalian Shide in the snow)

Good news: Not going to post a end-of-season update (too tired), but Anhui have overcome all odds to win the Jia League and get promotion to the Super League. \o/

Bad news: The Super League.

Ugly news: We get $43k for winning the league. We give the players $875k (!!!!) in bonuses for winning the league. We are now $500k in debt. Oh, and all our players' salaries are going up for next season...

Not really sure what is laughable about that final.

England are ranked 5th in the UEFA national team coefficient and are also ranked as the 4th best European team in the FIFA rankings. Denmark are obviously ranked lower but they have actually won the Euros before so I'm not sure why them getting to the final would be laughable either. Both are pretty big footballing nations in European terms so I just don't get it.

What are you suggesting here? There are 6 matches in the tournament, 3 of which are the group stages. Are you suggesting that it is laughable for England or Denmark to make it through the group stages and then manage to win two knock-out matches to get to the final? :confused:

You must have been really shocked when Greece won the tournament back in 2004 (having only qualified for the tournament proper once before)!

Blending well is one of the lower ratings.

It goes something like:

- Struggling to play as a unit

- Blending well

- Good gelling

- Strong understanding

- Very strong

- Would die for each other

There may be more than that. I can't remember them all now. Each one gives a different understanding of the level of team gelling.

In terms of what determines it, basically number of new signings, how long the players have been playing together, player personalities and that kind of thing.

You'll see much more steady and consistent performances when you hit 'good' and/or 'strong' gelling. While you're down at 'blending well' your team might be a bit 'flaky' sometimes.

Started unemployed, offered a job by Tamworth and Warrenpoint

Chose Tamworth, mass clear-out of players and brought in tons of free transfers:

Currently six games into season, W2 D2 L2, very average. However, my expectation is to avoid relegation and this should be achievable.

Plan to stay with Tamworth until league worthy and then move onwards as reputation allows. Very average save-file, but nicer than in previous versions where I have constantly made new files to mess around with. Fancy a crack at a real legacy file here :)

Not really sure what is laughable about that final.

England are ranked 5th in the UEFA national team coefficient and are also ranked as the 4th best European team in the FIFA rankings. Denmark are obviously ranked lower but they have actually won the Euros before so I'm not sure why them getting to the final would be laughable either. Both are pretty big footballing nations in European terms so I just don't get it.

What are you suggesting here? There are 6 matches in the tournament, 3 of which are the group stages. Are you suggesting that it is laughable for England or Denmark to make it through the group stages and then manage to win two knock-out matches to get to the final? :confused:

You must have been really shocked when Greece won the tournament back in 2004 (having only qualified for the tournament proper once before)!

Whoa there. Bit o' sarcasm, mate.

And most people were shocked when Greece won.

Finally broke through with a dominating second-half performance and a tactical tweak.

We are now 1-6-0. :D

EDIT: That's more like it. 3 straight wins now to put us 3-6-0.

EDIT2: And our 5th consecutive win puts us top of the table. In that run, we've won 4-0, 1-0, 3-2 (came from behind twice), 3-1, and 5-1.

IT'S JUST LIKE WATCHING BRAZIL!!!! :D

My career game to date:

Season   Country     League              Club            Position        Cups
2010/11  England     Blue Square South   Woking          14th
2011/12  England     Blue Square South   Woking          1st
2012/13  England     Blue Square Premier Woking          1st
2013/14  England     League Two          Woking          15th
2014/15  England     League Two          Bury            13th
2015/16  England     League Two          Bury            1st
2016/17  England     League One          Bury            6th             Playoff Winners
2017/18  England     Championship        Bury

Team        Pld  W  D  L  GS  GA
Woking      187  91 42 54 276 216
Bury        Ongoing

Cook Is     0    0  0  0  0   0
DR Congo    19   13 2  4  43  20
New Zealand Ongoing

Woking
2011/12 - Blue Square South Winner
2011/12 - Blue Square South Manager of the Year Runner-Up
2011/12 - Blue Sqaure South Manager of the Month (x1) 
2012/13 - Blue Square Premier Winner
2012/13 - Blue Sqaure Premier Manager of the Year

Bury
2015/16 - League Two Winners
2015/16 - League Two Manager of the Year 3rd Place
2015/16 - League Two Manager of the Month (x3)
2016/17 - League One Playoff Winners
2016/17 - League One Manager of the Year Runner-Up
2016/17 - League One Manager of the Month (x2)

3 matches left in the season and we're one of five teams separated by a single point at the top of the league.

Going to be a mad scramble to the end.

EDIT: Won at Nanchang to go a point clear at the top. League table with 2 matches left goes 49-48-47-46-46-45. It's me and the second-placed team coming up in our final home match of the season.

Holy crap.

FA Cup 2nd round, at home against Jia League side Nanjing. I decide to keep working with the 4-2-3-1.

Bad idea.

We're down 2-0 at halftime, so I ask the lads where's the passion, and switch to my 4-4-2 diamond.

We get goals in the 70th and 82nd minute to send it to extra time.

No scoring in the first half of extra time.

We finally go ahead in the 107th minute, and I pull back into a defensive shell.....and Nanjing equalize 3 minutes later.

So back to pushing men forward looking for the winner (because my players were gassed and I decided I'd rather take my chances in normal play than penalties). And in the 118th minute, my captain (who's at about 45% fitness now) delivers one of the weakest free kicks you'll ever see, that somehow sneaks past the opposing goalkeeper.

That holds up and we escape with a 4-3 win. And we're all just about dead going into the Super League opener in 3 days.

Got a bit nerve-wracking with a woeful 1-1-5 stretch coming out of the break for the Asian Cup (including an abject 0-4 home defeat to league leaders Shenhua that caused morale to plummet), but a draw at Henan coupled with Chongqing being routed at Shandong means we've secured Super League survival with 3 matches to spare. \o/

I'm still on an AC Milan save, 10.3.

Currently April Fools Day. Currently 7 points ahead of the chasing pack lead by Napoli, if I slip up 6 teams will by in the running for top spot.

Just about to start the ECL 1/4 final. The draws been extremely kind to me granting me Monaco, now Fiorentina. Lucky to avoid Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona and a Extremely good Althletico side.

Ever get that sinking feeling?

2-1 up against FC Cartagena after 70 mins and on course for only our fourth win this season, we get a penalty... Up steps Guillermo Franco and fires it straight at the keeper.

Cue sinking feeling.

Ten minutes later, my young 16 year old left back gets his second yellow and from the resulting free kick, Cartagena equalise and I lose a lead AGAIN!

I may....MAY have a tiny chink of hope... We're now unbeaten in two. And didn't concede a goal in open play this time. And came back from 2-0 down. And had 14 shots.

EDIT: We've now only lost twice in 5. And had a 5-1 win to go with it... *hyperventilates*

Hmm...all hell seems to have broken loose in my save.

The one and only Sir Alex Ferguson is about to be sacked, Wenger just quit to go manage at Valencia, and City are top of the table. This was probably started when my team (Spurs) won the CL in the first season, which it should be obvious we had no business doing. :thup:

So I didn't get the St. Pauli job, but I guess it was a good thing.

After putting in my CV there, and repeated listens to "Hells Bells," I decided not to play scared anymore. We're playing a swashbuckling style now, and we've won 7 of our last 9 (got thumped by table-toppers Beijing, -- but they're 13 points clear with 8 matches left, so they've been ripping through everybody -- and were unlucky to blow a halftime lead at Shandong) to rise from 13th to 9th, and 17 points clear of the drop. Have already exceeded last season's win total, and are 2 points shy of equaling last season's points total. :thup:

2012/2013 Season Over...

Done the Serie A and ECL Double, won with a 9 point gap and a cheeky 1-0 win over Real Madrid in the final.

Eden Dzeko is now a club legend in 4 seasons. Gattuso's only a favourite personnel.

New season so far brought in Andrea Consignli as the new number 1, Hamit Altintop as a utility player and ballack for tutoring. Abbiati and Helton both went Valencia for free and flamini went Blackburn.

Archived