Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as if we have been moved! i didnt even notice! im getting desperate now, i need a good team to be

I've enjoyed careers with Albacete, Atalanta, FC Carl Zeiss Jena and Sparta Rotterdam on FM10. Try one of those?

I'm currently second in the Eredivisie with 11 games gone. And playing Roda JC in the Fourth Round of the Dutch Cup.

Best successes on FM10 have been 2 Copa Del Rey's in two stints at Albacete in a now sadly corrupted save.

deisler, which team are you, are youn in the first season? Also darrylv2, which tactic did you use to get torres scoring like that!

I'm Sparta Rotterdam and I'm in the 2020-2021 season.

As my status says <-----

The other one is still alive Hersh ;)

Typical FM. There's nothing like a fairytale ending and this is indeed, nothing like a fairytale ending!

Despite having qualified for Europe for the first time in 27 years and then actually making it out of the group as well, against all odds, what happens?

Inter in the First Knockout Round :(

Started a save with Hoffenheim on the 10.3 patch with an update for the summer of 2010. Going pretty well, and I'm currently 4th in the league into February. Have signed players like Khedira, Heiko Butscher and Felix Kroos. I've also been drawn against Dortmund in the semi-final of the german cup. My best performers are Demba Ba, Chinedu Obasi, Ibisevic and Salihovic. I've also made a banner with Hopp, the stadium and some players. Click me!

Please check out, and comment on, the full thread here: Hoffenheim - With the money of Dietmar Hopp

Love this forum and just though I would post my progress quickly on my career game at the moment. Have no desire to start a whole new thread but thought I would share anyway!!

Season 09/10 - Started Unemployed but got hired at my local club North Leigh in the Southern First Division South/West. Despite pre-season preditions of a low mid-table finish we brilliantly won away from home on the final day against Gosport (I think!) to snatch the title in my first season.

Season 10/11 - Promotion to the Southern Premier Division proved premature for my team as we struggled all season and a winless run in the league of 13 matches was something we wouldnt recover from and we were relegated in 23rd place. My general running of the team including a tight wage budget meant I was (bearly) able to hang onto my job! A run to the Southern Cup semi-finals may have helped my cause in this respect

Season 11/12 - So back in the the Southern First Division South/West and we were this time hot favourites to bounce straight back up. I had managed to hold on to what was a vastly improved squad from the previous season and after a tricky start we romped home with the league title with 2 games to spare to move back into the Southern Premier Division.

Season 12/13 - We made a much better go of things after promotion this season learning from some of the mistakes from 2 years ago. By just after the halfway stage we were in a comfortable lower mid-table position. However I wasnt happy as my wage budget had been slashed for the 3rd consecutive season and our attendances were not improving despite our promotion. I started looking for jobs during the season and Newtown in the Welsh Premier League decided to take a punt on me. Incidently, 2 years previous I had turned down an offer from their rivals Welshpool. So I signed a 2 year deal at Newtown but found the club in some debt and also just above the relegation places with confidence low in the squad. Despite not winning a game under my stewardship for the rest of the season we managed to stay up with a draw in our penultimate game.

Season 13/14 - Improvements needed to be made and a few summer signings freshened up the squad and we had a solid season finishing 8th place in the league. The real success came in the Loosemores League cup where the team went all the way to the final and beat Bangor City 2-1 for my first major cup success!

Season 14/15 - Once again strengthening in the summer improved our squad and we were extremely consistent in the league even briefly threatening the leaders before we fell away in March. We ended up finishing third and qualifying for the Europa League qualifiers. Another good run in the Loosemores League cup saw us through to the semi-finals where we were beaten by Aberwyswyth (sp?) over 2 legs.

Season 15/16 - After an opening day defeat the team went on a 14 match unbeaten run to keep a pace with the leaders going into the new year. We had also once again had success in the Loosemores League cup reaching the final where we were to meet Llanethli (sp?) In february we were in 4th place when Derby County offered me the job whilst they were rock bottom of the Coca Cola Championship. I excepted and have played just one match so far, losing to Southampton away 1-0.

So there it is so far. 3 clubs, 2 league titles, 1 cup and 1 (potentially 2) relegation(s). I think its been an interesting career so far and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Hope everyone is enjoying their games as much as I am!!

ok slept most of the say so me thinks will need to carry on my celtic 2017 save tonight. bringing thru some upcoming new stars and a few looking like big time players :D oooh looking forward to it now lol

Hi guys I have just started a career game. Mine is rather small scale, Im Hong Kong nationality with english as second natioanlity. I only start England Italy and Spain from Championship Serie B and Seconda Liga 6 leagues. I begin unemployed with Semi-Pro experience. My aim in my career is to prgress as a manager, hopefully can manager a top side and win a league and even champions league in 10 or 12 years time. Would love to manage a nation one day too.

So I went on holiday,came back seeing Reading has offered me a job after they have fired the previous manager McDermott after he led them to 9 points from 12 and lying in relegation zone in the championship. In the press conference I thank the chairman Sir Madejski for his faith in me as I have little coaching experience. I however am confident that with hardwork, commitment and determination, I can drive this team forward and push for promotion as media have predicted before the start of the season, so my aim is to get back into top 6 and hopefully can snatch a play-off place. Its a big task as we are 11 points behind 6th placed team but we still have 34 games until the season ends so there are plenty of time to catch up. Id hope to show my managerial ability and hope to attract some bigger team and if the chance arrive I wouldn't hesitate to progress as Im an ambitious manager.

The first thing I do is to hire my assistant right away as I badly need help for the rebuilding job. I have hired Al Stewart who was previously a ManCity youth coach, Al possess great ability as an assistant as he is good at man management, motivating and very good discipline. And I let most of my staff go as I dint think they are good enough, I do manage to sign a few good coaches and couple of physios who all have over 15 in their specializing attribute and national reputation. I did however kept a few originally staff to make sure the transition would go smoothly. After assessing my squad Im very pleased as the reading squad are quite talented and it has a lot of promising young players. That makes me optimistic about the future. Club Captain Ívar Ingimarsson has been at the club for a long time, I will rely on him to liaise with the players. The players who impressed me most is Turkish young star midfielder Jem Karacan. He got great skills and defensive ability as well, he will be the main man for me in the middle of the park. We had a few loans and the most notable is Zurab Khizanishvili the Georgian defender, hopefully he will give us more quality and experience at the back. One problem I need to address is the defensive midfield area where we are a bit short. I will look to the free transfer market since its the middle of October. There are not much good quality players available. Im interested in 36 year old former Brazilian international Amaral. Despite his age he still got great physical form and his experience from playing in different country should make him settled in England quickly.Made an offer for him unil the end of the season and he accepted, however it is still unknown weather he will be granted a work permit despite he had 31 Int caps. I'll know in a few days if we could sign him on, I have an alternative ready in Matt Holland who now without a club and a player with a massive experience, a good alternative to should Amaral fails to get his permit.

As for tactics, Im a advocate of Mouinho. So I will employ an balance and compact 4-2-3-1 formation. Since there is no Maicons in my team my full back will only support the attack, a holding midfielder and a battler with two wide defensive wingers who would track back without the ball and will look to launch a quick counter when we recover possession. Gylfi Sigurðsson, the young and promising Icelandic playmaker will be my Sneijder to support the lone striker up front.

My first game in charge was away to QPR, I tell the boys to be calm and there is no pressure as we are in a bad run I dont wanna give them too much pressure. Despite going down 0-1 from a corner scramble at the start of second half, we showed character and fought back to draw level with striker Long. We actually dominated the rest of the game but the QPR keeper was outstanding, so the game ended 1-1. A spirited draw where I see a lot of positives from the game, that makes me happy and optimistic. Next up will be league cup and we are traveling to Anfield! A massive opportunity for the boys to prove a point without any pressure.

I will update the progress later hope you enjoy it. :)

Just had without question the most sublime goal I've scored on FM '10. :thup:

Striker takes the ball down the left, surges past the fullback, cuts into the box parallel with the end line, sidesteps a center back, shoots, hits the inside of the far post and it bounces in. \o/

Pretty cool when you're shaking your head at the little 3D figures. :D

Archived