Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've got to love optimism. Birmingham have just put in a bid to make my French international winger on loan for the season, The guy has played 50 league games for me (Liverpool) over the past two seasons, placed 3rd in Young Player of the Year two seasons ago and 1st last season. They didn't even want to arrange a future fee. Numpties.

They've now tried to take my vice captain on loan :D

I've taken your advice, so I can just blame you if it goes wrong :p

:D. Excellent! I do it now and again and it basically builds up a negative relationship with the manager (as you'd expect). I don't have scientific proof it works but in my head it means they'll think twice about approaching a player of mine, knowing I'd play hard ball on any deal. Hope it works for you ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just have to post a picture of a great regen. It's not from my proper save, but a test save during betatesting, so I won't have the pleasure of seeing how he turns out. But the scouts gave him 3 stars for United and said he'd be a leading star for the EPL, so he must have great potential. Not being a cheater I obviously don't know exactly how much, but for starting stats like that he'll be a superstar almost no matter what I do with him. Probably the best regen I've ever seen.

He didn't arrive in our youth dept btw, I bought him from Atalanta for 4.5M.

I think I saw a thread for this kinda stuff in GQ earlier, but couldn't find it now, so posting it here instead. If you know the link to the right thread, direct me please :)

I just have to post a picture of a great regen. It's not from my proper save, but a test save during betatesting, so I won't have the pleasure of seeing how he turns out. But the scouts gave him 3 stars for United and said he'd be a leading star for the EPL, so he must have great potential. Not being a cheater I obviously don't know exactly how much, but for starting stats like that he'll be a superstar almost no matter what I do with him. Probably the best regen I've ever seen.

I think I saw a thread for this kinda stuff in GQ earlier, but couldn't find it now, so posting it here instead. If you know the link to the right thread, direct me please :)

He's ridiculous Pangaea! Probably the best 16 year old I've ever seen on FM. His only rival could be the English chap dafuge had on his T & M save. Nonetheless, phenomenal!

He looks pretty amazing, shame you won't get to see him develop.

Here's my latest 'next big thing'. He may not look brilliant but the scouts/coaches are raving about him and he has only just turned 15.

Without doubt the best I've seen too. Granted, I haven't seen many since I'm usually stuck down the league ladder, but that's one heck of a player!

I could go back and play a bit in that test save, but I have gotten back into my Trafford save now so I'll stick with that - for now. Something like that is bound to make it though. He could slot into most EPL teams right away. Truly jawdropping.

Awesome newgen there, Per Stian.

I went back in to my FM10 career save (umpteen leagues loaded, 2nd season) as the task of getting rid of the old wood and get the right players for Albion Rovers in my 08 career save feels a chore right now.

Has 10.2.0 seen anyone's team go P16 W15 D1 L0 GF32 GA4 as well?

Granted it's Portupoofland's 2nd Division North we're talking about here, but it still strikes me as a freak defensive record :eek:

Okay, after seeing Jason the Yank load 90 leagues, I loaded (I think) 83 leagues across 6 continents. Will be continuing my Crazy Canuck save but a bit curious on how quick the save will be... :D

Have delayed a job offer at Arsenal, no not that Arsenal, but Arsenal Bila Tserkva in Ukraine First Division for a week to look at other job openings...but no one else offered me another job, so here I go into the unknown... :D

This is an exciting time rancer :thup:

What specs is your computer?

Okay, restarted with semi-pro reputation and got the Cork City job (MeLikeFM will not be pleased... :D). I didn't fancy Ukraine too much after losing the first game 3-0 and everyone having 1 star, so hope my time in Ireland goes well...

I have a Dell Studio 15 laptop with 4 GB ram and dual core. Pity FM is a 32-bit application...the game would go so much faster. Hope it becomes a 64-bit application in the near future.

Last day of the season :

Sundowns.....63

Orlando........60

Kaizer..........59

Dynamos.......7

Dynamos vs Sundowns

Orlando vs Pirates

A draw will be enough to finally take the title in my fifth attempt.

75 mins Kaizer score 1-0 (lead stands at 4 points)

81 mins Dynamos score 1-0 (lead at 3 points)

89th min Orlando equalise 1-1 (lead at 2 points - equal GD)

90 mins Sundowns awarded penalty which we miss

90+4 mins Orlando score 2-1

So after leading for 29 rounds and 93 minutes, we are pipped at the death. Worst FM moment of my life.

Holy christ.

FA Cup at lower-league opposition. They go ahead after 15 minutes on (yet another) 25-yard screamer. We get the equalizer almost immediately with our first DFK goal in the 1+ year I've been at the club. Then we go ahead 5 minutes later.

Second half we're looking comfortable, only for a 63rd minute shot to take a deflection off one of my players into our own net. So now it's 2-2 and we end up going to extra time.

We go ahead almost straight from the kickoff, so we're up 3-2 in extra time.

Then they equalize in the 112nd minute. Only for my players to summon up one last burst of energy to stick the eventual winner home in the 116th minute.

So we win 4-3. A goal from a direct kick, an own goal, 3 goals in extra time. Match had a little bit of everything in it. One of those games that neither side deserves to lose, and you breathe a sigh of relief that you're on the positive side of the scoreline.

Sometimes the AI finds creative ways of telling us we're doing way beyond what we're expected :rolleyes:

Funny old game.

P19 W18 D1 L0 GF 41 GA 4

We face Boavista (who somehow managed to get relegated and has Portupoof top division reputation) at home.

They score one from a corner out of nowhere. Fair enough. We start attacking and score two in 5 minutes. Cue back to control. We're dominating and their keeper starts pulling out unbelievable saves. They're nowhere near us.

However, AI has different plans.

Out of the blue they score 3 more goals from corners whilst we waste chance after chance. Final result 2-4. We've let in the same amount of goals than in the previous 18 matches in a match that went 16 (9) - 5 (4) in shots.

Whatever.

Okay, restarted with semi-pro reputation and got the Cork City job (MeLikeFM will not be pleased... :D). I didn't fancy Ukraine too much after losing the first game 3-0 and everyone having 1 star, so hope my time in Ireland goes well...

I have a Dell Studio 15 laptop with 4 GB ram and dual core. Pity FM is a 32-bit application...the game would go so much faster. Hope it becomes a 64-bit application in the near future.

I started there and we all know how that turned out. My tip is to stay for a while and not resign at the end of the season after winning the cup :(

Unless the Rovers job comes up.

Oh FFS! I've finally battled myself to a final, the FA Trophy final, for a chance to win some silverware. About a month ago both my MC captain and DC vice-captain got injured and were out for two months - missing the final. In the 2nd last league match my DMC got himself sent off, and somehow got two matches after a double yellow offence. So he just missed the final too. And just now, 2 days before the final, my 2nd DC gets injured. This time in training, for 12 days with a bruised head.

The AI must really have something against us winning it :(

At least one of the MCs are back to fitness after a long injury. Unless he gets injured again tomorrow....

So that's our 4 most important players out, apart from the strikers.

Following on the injury trend:

We do have this awesome player called Vouho. He's been pivotal since he joined on a free three seasons ago and is the sole reason we aren't rock bottom in Liga Vitalis with a 7.88 AR and 9 goals and 2 assists in 10(1) matches this season.

I decide to shift things and rest some 1st XI players on a Cup match. After much pondering I decide Vouho will play the first 55 minutes and will get subbed later.

Cue min 55. We're 2-1 up and I decide to give him 5 more minutes as he's ripping the oposition defence apart. Just after deciding this, he's hacked down and the commentary reads smething among the lines of: There's evident signs of pain as he's taken off from the field. He won't be able to continue.

Subbed him and had some very bad 35 minutes until we reached the FT and I saw the physio's post match report: knee knock: out for 10 to 15 days.

Phew! For a moment I was dreading a broken leg.

I'm getting the scares everytime I see a thigh strain green cross injury now. Even if I take them ASAP, they still get injured for 4-6 weeks. And the moron of a assman says he can run it off, no matter the injury.

Has the assman ever said anything but "he can run it off" from a green cross injury? Don't think I've seen it...

The horrible thing about my career game is that my injuries are all Russian. And I need my Russians since I'm only allowed 6 foreigners in the starting XI. I'm either playing my youths or playing my remaining Russians out of position. :(

This transfer window I'm trying to get depth with Russians and selling out foreigners, but all the good youngsters are at CSKA and Spartak and they aren't willing to sell me anyone because we're rivals. :(

Build up your relationship with the CSKA and Spartak manager and then gradually you'll have more luck rancer :thup:

Pangaea I don't think I've seen anything other than that either tbh. Pretty poor really as you don't get any indication other than their fitness rating as to how bad the injury is :thdn:

Build up your relationship with the CSKA and Spartak manager and then gradually you'll have more luck rancer :thup:

It's quite impossible atm. They keep trash-talking me before the H2H matches against CSKA and Spartak. I just respond to them with more trash. I think they'll never like me. :D

Is it just be, or whenever I score an own goal on a corner between the 60th-70th minute, the other club finds a way to beat me with a goal in extra time. :(

Heh, spotted this one.

Cadca were relegated from the Slovakian Second Division.

They were 0-1-32. :D

Even more impressively, they scored EIGHT goals all season. And conceded 104. :D

Their lone point came in a 1-1 home draw against Lucenec (also relegated. Probably should have been automatically relegated at the final whistle :D)

They lost three matches 8-0. And one of those was immediately followed with a 7-0 loss. They had a run of 12 consecutive matches in which they didn't score.

Now that is impressively terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just blown 5M GBP over 48 months for a Brazilian quality AMFC. All I had and then a tad more, but he looks a massive signing for us.

I should be happy, shouldn't I?

Well, I'd probably be jollier if he'd joined us immediately and not in freaking January!!! :mad: :o

Thus, I'm left without an able complete striker to get us through UEFA EL Quals and groups should we make it this far, as 33yo suddenly decrepit Cadikovski is not up to the standard needed.

Luckily for us Rodin has improved a fair bit and doesn't do too bad there. Otherwise I'd already be tearing my hair.

Archived