Lee Wallace - £4.6 Million from Hearts

Shunsuke Nakamura - Free

TRANSFERS OUT:

Ian Harte - Free

Jose Manuel Pinto - £140k - Valencia

Zander Thomson - Free

Giorgos Samaras - £1.6 Million - Coventry City

Barry Robson - Free

Sitting Top currently and in all competions. Also Holland U21 manager leading them to the Euro Under 21 Championships. Got one of the players who has impressed me from my dutch U21 squad coming in jan for £6.25 Mill. Looking a good player and will add to my midfiled as koumas, becks and naka on there way out. Plenty of good talent coming thru youth also with some good midfielders and strikers esp Scannel who is hitting the net nearly every game just now.

Nep - it was 'not' a punishment... for offtopic stuff :(

Its died a bit really, Played FM for 1st time in a week or so after finishing my 101 point season.

Broke my transfer record by signing Balotelli for £40M, I really needed a good AML/Striker :)

Got in a load of youth players scouted by my mass team of scouts and 2 freebies including Zac Boucher from Real Madrid.

Sold players of interest:

Abou Diaby back to Arsenal for 3.8M

Jonjo Shelvy to Malloca for 4M

Alex Smithies to Bayern for 3.6M also sold an aging Benaglio for £3.3M to Juve the season after i got him for free.

First two Games - Charity Shield v Man U - I win 3-0 Revenge after losing in the extra time of the Fa cup.

1st prem game home vs Man City - I win 4-0, Montano with 2, Jo, Prince Asamoah

2nd Prem game away at Chelsea.

On my 2nd season as the Bolton Wanderers manager..... Just been knocked out of the first knock-out stages of the Europa League by Werder Bremen.

4 days after that, I was in the League Cup final vs. West Ham. Lost 1-0 because of an own-goal.

Gutted....

Got Reading away in the FA Cup next match..... I don't even want to think about being knocked out of 3 competitions within the space of 10 days.

Trying to work out the bugs in my 4-3-1-2 formation with West Ham, and I definitely need some help

Green

Faubert/Behrami Tomkins Upson Ilunga

Noble Parker Collison

Diamanti

Ilan Cole

That's the line up I'm using, with the front three being 'trequartista' 'DLF' 'Advanced Forward'. Any tips?

Alright lads :thup:

In 2019 and just noticed Cardiff City are sitting 14th in Coca Cola League Two! :eek: That's currently the same league as Bath! :)

Anybody else seen some big drops or rises in the leagues?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I did something dumb. I needed a good right winger, one who would be rotation/backup, depending on how my 1st choice 19 year old plays. So I uh bought this kiddo for....oh you know...36M GBP....

2jameswiley.png

He looked better before I bought him, I swear! :p

He looked better before I bought him, I swear! :p

Hah! I know that feeling. For example when I sell a player I notice all the bad attribute and figure it was a decent deal. Then I look at all the good ones and wonder if I just sold a diamond for a nickel.

On a similar note, I found a great player I really wanted. His price was 'only' 17.75m. Finally the club came back to me with a price. 137m...

I think not :D

The save I'm playing at the moment is one where I started unemployed. My first club was Panionios in Greece. First season we were predicted to finish 8th and finished 2nd, then earnt ourselves a Europa League place in the play-offs. After half of the next season I resigned and remained unemployed for the remainder of that season. Having struggled to find a new team I took over at recently relegated Middlesbrough and currently in January we're storming the Championship. The club had also ran into some financial difficulties before I arrived and were also taken over. The new Chairman seems keen to resolve the financial problems however and regularly adds an extra 600K or so to the balance. Having managed to get a few players to drop their wages slightly, I'm enjoying life at Boro. It's been an enjoyable save so far and I hope it continues that way :)

In my third season with AFC Liverpool and just won 5 straight after a change of formation. In second after 28 games, 3 off the lead still.

Ended up winning 7 straight, then also won 7 straight at the end and won the league. Had this tactic for 27 competitive games, won 21, lost 2 and drawn 4. Going pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

I signed eight players in the summer break of my Bordeaux save. Three were youth prospects, but the overall breakdown was six defenders and two keepers. So I had better concede zero goals in the first six games. That included games against OM and Lyon. :cool:

Then a 4-0 loss to Bayern Munchen in the CL, but that was a fluke. I swear. :p

Just went a club record 42 games without loss, only to be beaten in the Carling Cup final :mad:

Crap :(

I was soooo close to beating Arsenal's PL record of 49 without a loss. We were up to 46. But then I fiddled with tactics a little cause teams kept parking buses in front of goal and I wanted to put more pressure on them. We lost 0-1 at home to Blackburn, having 19 shots to their 3.

Stuff hit walls.....

Then a 4-0 loss to Bayern Munchen in the CL, but that was a fluke. I swear. :p

Update: It was not a fluke. I lost the rematch 4-1. :D Also go stomped by Aston Villa...seems my team isn't ready for Europe just yet.

You got it though. I'm never going to get a run like that again. After I was finished being angry at my players for not scoring on some of the huge chances, I regretted changing my tactics around. Perhaps we could have made it a few more matches if I kept them.

One thing that is increasingly annoying me is the almost machine-like goal the first few minutes of a match. It is absurd how often this happens. And if you happen to concede a goal like this, you can bet the house on chasing the rest of the match, no matter how much more dangerous chances you create. It gets tedious to lose or draw matches when you create a lot more chances than the opposition on a regular basis.

the all-nighter thead was where it was at this place does seem pretty dead now without hershie, trigger etc

It was always pretty quiet here before the merger, no one else here seems to feel the need to post quite that much.

As for the all-nighters, I believe they have a new home.

So, we are 2-0 up away at Villa when I make a triple substitution in the 79th minute. Villa then pull it back to 2-2 before I get a man sent off.

Then, in the 90th minute, this happens:

Free kick is taken from the edge of the box.

Axier spots the ball coming, unmarked with his back to goal.

He leaps and connects with an overhead kick.

He beats the keeper.

He wins the match in the 90th minute and completes a hattrick

First time I've seen one of those, and what a way to do it :cool:

Archived