Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd stay at Getafe and wait and see how well Liverpool's next manager does. In the long term, it'd maybe take you a season or two to make them back into a top four side, but then what?

'tis a fair point that.

There's also the chance of stealing some of their players at the end of the season if they do get relegated :cool:

I hope Dafuge won't tell me off for posting this in here, but my excuse is that I'm thinking of posting this in here at some point.

This is exactly the sort of thing this thread was designed for :thup:

If you are going to post regular updates on your own game then you might as well start your own thread, this thread is for all the 'one-off' posts that might interest other people.

This is exactly the sort of thing this thread was designed for :thup:

If you are going to post regular updates on your own game then you might as well start your own thread, this thread is for all the 'one-off' posts that might interest other people.

What do you take me for, a fool? :D

Although having said that, I did just accept Liverpool's offer....

I'm thinking I should maybe start a thread. Not sure how I'd do it though, considering I'm in season 3..

You could do a review for the first couple of season retrospectively, then carry on. Alternatively, we could move across all your relevant posts from this thread to the new one.

Heh, I was thinking of starting a thread, just loaded up a save with Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan loaded. I've never had a game with more than 2 leagues running, usually with 44000 players, but I've compensated and only loaded 26000, should it be OK?

I'll come back to you on the title. :D

I'll have a bowl of seafood Pontevedra, Galicious. ? :D Nope that sucks

I've been through the desert in a country called Spain?

Granate translated is Garnet, how boring.

A local legend relates the foundation of Pontevedra to Teucer, hero of the Trojan War, a legend which was reinforced with the suspicions that Greek traders might have arrived to the Rias Baixas area in ancient times.[7] However, historians and archaeologists tend to agree that the initial settlement was probably formed during the integration of Gallaecia (old Galicia) into the Roman Empire (circa 1st century BC). The name of the city is eminently Latin, derived from Pons/Pontis (bridge) and Veteris/Vetera (old), hence Ponte(m)Vetera(m), "the old bridge", in reference to the old Roman bridge across Lérez River (still standing). Well communicated even since Roman times, Pontevedra consolidated itself as an intermediate town during the Suebic dynasty (circa 5th-6th century AD).

That's interesting. How about "Pontevedra, Trojan hero, or Spanish [insert word]?"

Hmmm, would that make sense? :(

Does it matter, it sounds cool. You could put a little explanation in the thread. If a title is slightly confusing, it makes people want to read it. ;)

Started unnemployed on my save. Had to replace Turkmenistani league with the Tajik league. Lets see where this takes me.

Just thought I'd point out re-my Liverpool team that:

We're in the Europa League, and currently top of our group after four games, having not conceded.

sounds alright, but

the media had us predicted to finish 4th at the start of the season, and I've taken over with them in 18th :D

Didn't take my advice then? :(

:D

Got a good team still?

I couldn't resist.

I've got most of the core team from the start of the game:

Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson, Mascherano, Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt, Maxi, Benayoun, Riera, Torres.

But also a couple of other good players, who I can't remember all of their names.

It's getting bloody old though.

Chris Clarke, MRLC, not know for his scoring ability has nailed his 7th of the season.

When I say he is not known for his scoring ability I mean he has scored 2 goals in 3 seasons.

Currently 15th and 4 points clear of relegation with 7 games to go.

Im looking safe-ish

Here's my new Barcelona asymmetric tactic that I developed after the other teams were adjusting to my 4-5-1 tactic.

barcaassymetric.jpg

You can almost definitely tell that I'm trying to get the best out of Messi. Everyone around him is on 'support' except for Xavi, who I'm thinking about dropping him back to the support duty. He's playing as a Trequartista with 'run with ball' on often and 'through balls' on mixed.

I'm just waiting till you quit.

I hated Barca, it was too easy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But man I'm loving the new match ball I picked up on a skin I found... I moved it to the neue2 skin and it looks freaking awesome on the 2D Classic ME, makes every moment of the in game worth watching

Check the ball out, Looks funky right?

ArsenalvAstonVilla.png?t=1271638523

Archived