Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never heard of Leeds City.... Is it a low tier club?

Heard of Leeds United though.....

Yeah Leeds City play in the 11th tier of English Football, in the West Yorkshire Premier Division

Gonna go for half hour guys, brother wants to use the laptop so may aswell grab a drink and something to eat. I will be back around 1 :)

I always think every so often "No point in bed tonight" and by about 7am I am so tired, I keep flickering off into sleep, and I normally just fall asleep next to my laptop with FM Still running. I have exams coming up, so trying to get into a nice sleep rythm, so no all-nighters for me.

I had an all nighter last night and I still haven't been too sleep and I'm not even that tired. What is happening to my body!?

I am Swansea in my first season. Trying to create total football, I am slowly, very slowly getting there. The sad man I am, I haven't got youtube account, videod this move on my phone and uploaded it: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=29bbsoy&s=7 lovely play, shame it ended with no goal!

Might be around for a while, although might just nod off on my desk :p

hey Barker, did you ever make any progress with making your self made skin available for download? I was looking forwards to it but I've not seen anything around.

Hi, not yet. I'm almost ready for uploading it, there's just some columns on the Club Confidence screen that need changing from black to green.

I need to find out there location and change them, I've been meaning to do since about a week ago. :D

But now I have some time off I might get around to doing it. :thup:

I'm slipping closer and closer to the relegation zone, just lost 3-2 away at League leaders Nottm Forest.

I had an all nighter last night and I still haven't been too sleep and I'm not even that tired. What is happening to my body!?

I am Swansea in my first season. Trying to create total football' date=' I am slowly, very slowly getting there. The sad man I am, I haven't got youtube account, videod this move on my phone and uploaded it: [url']http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=29bbsoy&s=7[/url] lovely play, shame it ended with no goal!

Might be around for a while, although might just nod off on my desk :p

Nice play mate. I'm more of a defensive type manager cause found out if i get my teams to open up i'd get hammered. After 7 seasons in charge of forest it's gave me steady europa league finishes and 1 champs league spot but probably need to take a chance if i'm to win the league.

I never seem to do well in my first 5-10 matches in charge of a club. I normally get things working after that, but it always seems to start poorly...

Anyone else had that?

Once happened in my Chelsea Save, was drawing with the likes of Wigan and West Brom in my first few matches in charge

Once happened in my Chelsea Save, was drawing with the likes of Wigan and West Brom in my first few matches in charge

I lost my 3 of my first 4 matches in charge of Brisbane Roar and only won 3 of my first 10 before going on to win the league by 7 points! I just always figured it took time to get the team going.

In other news, Arsenal v Honvéd in the Champions League final. Arsenal are finally in a position to win the Champions League and the bookies think they'll do it.

Early on Arsenal go a goal up through a sublime Sanogo finish!

Honvéd go on the attack and 10 minutes later are back on level terms through a clever Yahaya goal, but Arsenal are looking threatening!

Late in the half a mistake by Djourou gives Yahaya a shot at an empty net, 2-1 Honvéd!

17 year old Mario Moreira dances his way through Arsenal's midfield, defence and rounds the keeper to make it 3-1! Yannick Claverie, Honvéd's top scorer is withdrawn for 19 year old Diego Salomon.

An early cross from Isla is headed in by Sanogo to make it 3-2 with 10 minutes left on the clock. This isn't over yet!

A cross by Alex is fired in on the volley by Saloman with 4 minutes left, 4-2 Honvéd!!

Yahaya beats his man and fires it home, it's his hattrick and 5-2, surely now!

Moreira finishes Arsenal off well and truly in the 94th minute with a simple finish. It ends 6-2! Arsenal look devastated!

How's your Leeds City game going?

Which league structure did you use for them?

Its not going too bad, but stopped playing it for a bit playing one of my other saves.

RTC's FM 11 to Level 11

Last night I decided to download the Level 11 update from RTC's thread. I decided to be Dunkirk who are a level 9 side. No money to spend as we're amateur :D. So I can sign as many players as possible. Squad's average with a few stand out players. Which I'm obviously trying to change so that we have a great squad. Got myself a decent ass man. So hopefully we can march on up the leagues together as he's definitely good enough for the BSP imo. Unfortunately he's 65 :(.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I started a game as Newcastle (being a Newcastle fan). Accidentally set experience as 'Auto' though - a problem when you loaded down to BSS!

First season went well however, finished 8th - 16W 10D 12L GD-2. Made the FA Cup final, lost to Spurs.

The second season was a problem. Started in the preseason - the side with only minor changes (a new winger, right-back and CB all rotating through) was now completely farcical. Lost all 3 games in a Mexico tour, lost 3-2 to Atletic Madrid after being down 3-0 and lost 1-0 to Celtic. The season started similarly. First clean sheet was 8 games in against a floundering Cardiff. Home loss to Wolves. Losing 2-1 to ManU when leading 1-0 in the 80th min. Drawing 2-2 with Nottingham Forest at home after being 2-0 down. They weren't good results. Then the horror run. Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Man City 4 games in a row. I figured if I could survive past the City game I could recover, as easier games against Villa and Fulham promised points.

So much for that. After a 3-0 loss to City I was out on the street. Applied around, highest job offer in England was a failing Bournemouth in League One. Ignored that and kept applying.

Then the interesting offer came in. Tom Tomsk, Russian Premier Division. Finished 12th (of 16) in the 2011 season. Squad was...okay? Desperately needed a 'keeper. Whatever, I can do that.

So, here we go. Against the big guns of Moscow as well as Zenit St. Petersburg, this will be a fight. Should be good though - top 3 are CL places and top 5 into Europe (plus Russian Cup winner I assume). A top 5 place would almost certainly boost this little club's fortunes, and possibly my own. Top 3 coupled with trying to shoot my way into the CL group stages would probably get me a (better, relatively speaking) job back in Western Europe.

got sacked just by norwich in october after surviving just a year with them (so much for taking them to europe) but then a week later everton come calling they're expected to win the league but are struggling just above the relegation zone so now in february and i've taken everton into the playoff places with only 1 loss in my 20 games in charge of everton

I just lost out on the Swedish Premier title to Malmo by a single point, on the last game of the season - we couldn't beat already relegated Vasteras at home. Still, 2nd in our first season back is pretty decent, and I'll have European football to play for the first time in FM2011. I did beat Malmo in the Swedish Cup final which helped (a run in which we didn't have a single home game!)

I also took the South Korea job, and have played a few friendlies. Started off losing 3-1 to Iceland, not helped by being down to 8 men after 40 minutes. The last 3 friendlies have been better, comfortable wins, and we've got Qatar, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia in our Asian Cup group which is pretty decent.

I rejected a contract offer from Hacken and I expect to leave when it expires at the end of the 2015 season. I fancy managing in Germany again so hopefully the South Korea job and a decent run in the Europa League will boost my rep enough to get this.

• 5 weeks later...

I need some guidance for my career game. So far my career has been as follows:

Monza - Serie C1A winners

Reggina - Serie B winners

Bordeaux - Ligue 1, French cup winners

Sevilla

Arsenal - 2 x Premiership winners, FA Cup winners, League Cup winners and Champs League winners

This is over the course of a 12 year career.

Now I dont know whether to

A. Carry on at Arsenal and build an empire

B. Move to another top european club

C. Move to small foreign club and build them up to Champs League winners.

I dont really want to stay in England (unless the Torquay job came up). Tricky.

I need some guidance for my career game. So far my career has been as follows:

Monza - Serie C1A winners

Reggina - Serie B winners

Bordeaux - Ligue 1, French cup winners

Sevilla

Arsenal - 2 x Premiership winners, FA Cup winners, League Cup winners and Champs League winners

This is over the course of a 12 year career.

Now I dont know whether to

A. Carry on at Arsenal and build an empire

B. Move to another top european club

C. Move to small foreign club and build them up to Champs League winners.

I dont really want to stay in England (unless the Torquay job came up). Tricky.

Go to Portugal. Trying to break the big 3 dominance is a big ask.

And I now only have a few non-Portuguese players in my entire team. One is the 37-year old Kim Kallstrom, another is a French/Portuguese loanee and the German Anis Ben-Hatira, along with the Moroccan Jamal Ait Ben Idir in my first team.

I also have a young English AMLC who isn't really cutting it and a Spanish starlet who (hopefully) will gain Portuguese nationality

Blimey I forgot how long it is since I last posted.

I haven't gone through too much, but the highlights have been:

- winning the Asian Cup with South Korea :) I resigned afterwards

- winning the Swedish Premier Division and Swedish Cup with Hacken, and also winning the Europa League group (technically after I'd resigned, but we were top after 4 of the 6 games!).

So yes, I did quit Hacken after my contract expired and went for pastures new. After turning down a couple of jobs from Roda in the Dutch Premier Division and Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the SPL, I accepted a job at Liga Adelante side Gimnastica Tarragona, mainly due to their good training and youth facilities and the rep boost I'd get from getting them into the Liga BBVA. About 10 games before the end of the season we're just inside the play-off places, in 6th. Unfortunately apart from a game or two tonight I won't be playing for a while as I'm on holiday for 2 weeks.

Ok, 6 games in and I'm 9th. I've just lost my second league game of the season to West Ham. At home! We lost 4-2 at away to Hartlepool in the League Cup 2nd Round and I've sold Heitinga and Saha. Managed to sign Lewis McGugan, Christian Benitez and Eli Sabia as well as Febian Brandy. Benitez has been poor. Beckford has been poor. I've also signed Dale Jennings too. Cahill's injured. There's no depth but I think I can make the Champions League if I can get consistent enough.

If I count Play-off Semi-Final losses, I have been Runners up on 18 seperate occasions.

Oh hang on, forgot International Tournaments.....

There is at least 2 more to add to the list then. Can't remember a 3rd but not 100% sure.

Didn't realise quite how many finals I had lost.

:(

Archived