craziest thing you have done after a defeat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Millwall side were 2-0 against Everton up with 20 minutes to go, we bottled it and conceded 3 goals late on, Yakubu's header in the 96th minute made me so angry and upset, i actually began crying! :(

We stayed up though, so i wasn't too bothered at the end of the season.

Once in FM07 I was playing a game as Fiorentina and went on the most marvelous run, you know, 4-0 victories away vs. AC Milan etc etc. Then the game crashed while it trying to autosave.

So with a little trepidition I started it up again and found that i'd have to redo all of those four games. Still, I perserved, managing to scrape wins where i'd won emphatically before.

The last game was Chievo at home. Last time i'd cruised this 3-0, but this time when I played it I ended up losing. No problem, I thought, just bad luck. So I reloaded, but lost again. I reloaded again, and lost. I tried this another 3 times. By this stage I was fuming and more than a little baffled. I began to suspect that SI had put in some kind of anti-cheating mechanism to stop people replaying games just to win (lol!)

Furious, I created a manager called F***-you-up who started at at Chievo a week before the match. This (frankly insane) manager fined all their players two weeks wages, transfer-listed them all, moved them to the youth squad, released as many as possible as to cost the club a fortune, repeatedly offered them to other clubs for free free, offended them by constantly asking them to leave, offered the youth players massive wages to cripple their finances and brought in a slew of worthless nobodies (also on high wages).

On the matchday this manager went with a classic 0-0-10 formation, with the instructions: "Last one to touch the opposition flagpole is a puff - that includes you Keeps! Oh, and if I see anyone touch a football then you're dead meat." At half time he praised every single one of the team members individually for their 'Fantastic' performance so far. This was perplexing considering they were 23 goals down.

My Fiorentina team went on to win 54-0. Poor F***-you-up was fired from his post the same day.

I then continued with my season as Fiorentina and, to my surprise, managed to clinch the title on the second to last game after AC Milan stalled. It was the start of a series of 7 title wins (and two Champions League Final defeats ;))

I look back on my one guilty indulgence with an acute sense of embarrasment.

See those of you that feel the need to comment about how "sad" these guys are or how they need to get a grip, why don't you just not comment at all? seriously. Whats the matter with them sharing their experience no matter how crazy it is, it isn't affecting you, so why feel the need to pass judgement all the time?

Once in FM07 I was playing a game as Fiorentina and went on the most marvelous run, you know, 4-0 victories away vs. AC Milan etc etc. Then the game crashed while it trying to autosave.

So with a little trepidition I started it up again and found that i'd have to redo all of those four games. Still, I perserved, managing to scrape wins where i'd won emphatically before.

The last game was Chievo at home. Last time i'd cruised this 3-0, but this time when I played it I ended up losing. No problem, I thought, just bad luck. So I reloaded, but lost again. I reloaded again, and lost. I tried this another 3 times. By this stage I was fuming and more than a little baffled. I began to suspect that SI had put in some kind of anti-cheating mechanism to stop people replaying games just to win (lol!)

Furious, I created a manager called F***-you-up who started at at Chievo a week before the match. This (frankly insane) manager fined all their players two weeks wages, transfer-listed them all, moved them to the youth squad, released as many as possible as to cost the club a fortune, repeatedly offered them to other clubs for free free, offended them by constantly asking them to leave, offered the youth players massive wages to cripple their finances and brought in a slew of worthless nobodies (also on high wages).

On the matchday this manager went with a classic 0-0-10 formation, with the instructions: "Last one to touch the opposition flagpole is a puff - that includes you Keeps! Oh, and if I see anyone touch a football then you're dead meat." At half time he praised every single one of the team members individually for their 'Fantastic' performance so far. This was perplexing considering they were 23 goals down.

My Fiorentina team went on to win 54-0. Poor F***-you-up was fired from his post the same day.

I then continued with my season as Fiorentina and, to my surprise, managed to clinch the title on the second to last game after AC Milan stalled. It was the start of a series of 7 title wins (and two Champions League Final defeats ;))

I look back on my one guilty indulgence with an acute sense of embarrasment.

lol that one made me laugh a bit, F***-you-up lmao.

My one would probably be on my Barca game on 09. Was coming into the 2nd leg of the Champions League 1/4 Final against Man U 4-1 from the Nou Camp. Bojan got sent off when we went 1-0 up and they went on to win 5-1 a late 35 yarder from Nani. I got so p**sed off that I screamed "FOR F*** SAKE!" only to realise I was still on the phone to my GF who got offended by it and hung up, took alot of explaining :(.

Can't you just save and reload. It's pretty easy, even FM fans can follow the instructions.

1) click save

2) If you lose, reload.

1) Don't cheat

2) There's always next season would be better instructions.

That said I've been known to shout and stomp my feet - more of a barker than a biter so to speak.

It wasnt a defeat as such but my harddrive gave up on me when i had a really good CM4 game going (Bayern 39 seasons in) I was so angry i got the harddrive out and on the way to Uni I threw it off a bridge into a canal. It was a good feeling. I got a new harddrive and waited a few weeks for the new game

Good times

after spending all night on fm08 going on a really successful run coming within touching distance of winning the league my comuter crashed and I didnt save it. Then when I started it up again I tried my best to stay calm and tried to repeat what I had done. I lost my first 3 games that I had won all them hours ago. so I took the disc out put it in its case and went to sleep, when I woke up I went Into town and sold it.

I went back into town a week later and bought It again.

Archived