Canadian Experiment FM 10

The Plan

Use the new League Editor to create a 10 tiered system in Canada. Each tier possessing 20 teams. Every club in the First division will have Youth and Training Facilities ranging from 15 - 20. For all subsequent divisions I will randomly place from 1 - 20 in their Youth and Training facilities.

Prize money comparable to the Premier League will be dished out to the top tier teams. As well as Canadian Cup competitions which will be similar to the prize money handed out in the FA and Carling Cup's.

I will not create a single player, every team will have to rely on their youth system for the most part. Which will only develop the talent needed for this experiment.

I will ensure also that teams keep mainly Canadian players by only allowing up to 5 foreign players in total in the squad. (If that is an option)

I will obviously have to create most of the teams here so any names for teams that anyone can come up with would be great.

The Experiment

The purpose of this creation of a Canadian League is to see how long it will take for Canada to become a dominant force in World Football. As well as to track the course of an entire league and its star players for at the very least 20 years.

Once I am able to get the game and finish the database I will run this simulation virtually non-stop.

I will provide the results of all competitions pertaining to Canada and its leagues. As well as the top 5 prospects, based on potential, for each year.

My hope is to see Canada not only become a dominant force in world football but also produce and keep most of their best players.

Any Ideas, concerns, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I love this idea! :D

As for the teams...I've thought of more traditional North American nicknames instead of having FC, although some do, because I can't think of a nickname atm. :D

[font=Courier New]Canadian League Tier 1 ([b]Fierce Rivals[/b])
[/font]
[list=1]
[*][font=Courier New]Vancouver Whitecaps[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Victoria Sharks[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Edmonton Miners (rivals with [b]Calgary[/b])[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Calgary FC (rivals with [b]Edmonton[/b])[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Regina Buffaloes[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Saskatoon Prairie Dogs [/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Toronto Lynx (rivals with [b]Blizzard[/b], [b]Ottawa[/b], and [b]Montreal[/b])[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Toronto Blizzard (rivals with [b]Lynx[/b], [b]Ottawa[/b], and [b]Montreal[/b])[/font]
[*][font=Courier New] Ottawa Capitals (rivals with both Toronto teams and [b]Gatineau[/b])[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Winnipeg FC [/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Montreal Impact (rivals with both Toronto teams and Ottawa)[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Gatineau FC (rivals with Ottawa)[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]FC Quebec (based in Quebec City, rivals with Montreal)[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Hamilton Blackberries (and owned by Jim Ballsille)[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Niagara Goldhawks[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Halifax Whalers[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]St. John's Sailors[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]London City[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Windsor FC
[/font]
[*][font=Courier New]Laval Mohawks[/font]
[/list]

TBH, it will be hard to create 10 tiers. Most of the population lives near the border with the US. You can create their reserves and put them in the lower tiers to make a division out of the reserve teams.

Does the population size really come into play? If so then yes it will have to change to probably 6 tiered system. I know it will be hard to create 10 tiers but I think it will be awesome.

I love the Hamilton Blackberries idea HILARIOUS!

Yeah it does. I think FM calculates population into players signing to clubs.

6 tiers would mean 120 teams. That will be fun. :D

And in the lower tiers there should a geographical split (if possible, like the BSN and BSS)

Ya I was thinking that, West and East for Canada though as North South wouldn't make much sense.

120 teams is gonna be tough. But worth it I think. To see Canada become a world power.... what a beautiful dream.

Well, I'm creating the names of the second tier right now, with a proposal for the geographical splits.

I hope you realize that the majority of the teams will be based in BC, Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec. The other cities in the Maritimes don't have many populous regions. :D

Canadian League Tier 2

1. Red Deer Elk (Alberta)
  2. Lethbridge FC (Alberta)
  3. Abbotsford Mariners (BC)
  4. Surrey Flying Eagles (BC)
  5. Burnaby Xpress (BC)
  6. Kelowna Lakers (BC)
  7. FC Brandon (Manitoba)
  8. Moncton FC (New Brunswick)
  9. Saint John Flames (New Brunswick)
  10. Sydney Crosbys (jk, the Sydney Salmon Kings for now :D, Nova Scotia)
  11. Waterloo Warriors (Ontario)
  12. Barrie Bolts (Ontario)
  13. Belleville Rams (Ontario)
  14. Oshawa FC (Ontario)
  15. Guelph Rangers FC (Ontario)
  16. Drummondville FC (Quebec)
  17. Rimouski FC (Quebec)
  18. Rouyn-Noranda Bears (Quebec)
  19. Moose Jaw Lions (Saskatchewan)
  20. Swift Current Hawks (Saskatchewan)

For the lower tiers I have a proposal (for Tier 6)

• Western League (BC teams, Alberta teams)
  • Central League (Saskatchewan, Manitoba)
  • Eastern League (Ontario, Quebec)
  • Maritime League (New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, PEI)

And I'm not including any cities in the territories...unless you want a couple of teams like in Yellowknife and Whitehorse). Most of the teams I've tried to find some history behind them to give them an appropriate nickname, although some of their are altered OHL/QMJHL/WHL nicknames. I can't think of any French nicknames. I was never good at it. :p

And I hope you're fine with the placement of teams. I don't want the top divisions filled with the BC/Alberta/Ontario/Quebec teams.

Ya thats good with me I want a fair dispersal of teams throughout the provinces. Although I am partial to Ontario myself as I do live here haha.

Some really good names in there.

As for the Tier 6 proposal it sounds good. I will have to find my way around the editor first and dabble with a few experiments but eventually I am sure I will get it. Once this comes out I will make it available for upload so you can have your fun with it if you would like.

Promotion/Relegation I think should be 3 up/3 down except for the 5th and 6th tiers with the following

5th tier: 4 teams relegated

6th tier: 1 team promoted from each region (total 4). No relegation.

How are you going to create the stadiums and other info (eg. like the chairman) for each of the teams?

Stadium and attendance wise I will go on Attraction, if the City is 15 + then they can have over 15k stadium, 10 - 14 Attraction then 8 - 14k stadium, if lower then always lower then 3k with a expansion possibility.

For Chairmen I will more than likely just take a bunch of those chairmen that aren't with a club and stick them in the clubs so that I don't have to deal with it. If I run out of free chairmen then I will just start making some and throw them some random attributes.

When it comes to managers, I hope, like FM 09 there will be regens that tend to take over if a club is not already appointed a manager. If that doesnt work then I have a lot more work ahead of me then I think ill be able to handle until at least summer. But I do plan on working on it almost every day that I possibly can.

Sure, I have never heard of them tbh, what City do they play in?

Northern Saskatchewan. Population 89. You can only get into the 'town' through airplane. There are no roads that you can use to enter town...

Uranium City

Oh btw, are you planning an August to May season like in most European countries, or just seasons like in MLS and Scandinavia?

Saskatchewan teams:

Estevan Railyard

Flin Flon Sunless FC

St. Humboldt FC

Lloydminster City

Melfort Blue Diamonds

Melvile Park

Moose Jaw Hunters

North Battleford FC

Prince Albert Royals

Regina United

Saskatoon Bridge

Swift Current City

Weyburn Solars

Maple Yorkton

1939 Martensville

Meadow Lake Gatekeepers

Warman Wanderers

Kindersley and Rose Town

Nipawin Gladiators

Battlefords United

TFC will definitely be in as their pretty much my local, as will a local St. Catharines team.

As for the season I dont know just yet. I was planning on doing it just like the European leagues, but that wouldn't be able to work in the real world. I am unsure as to whether or not to make it like the MLS one, which does work well for North American teams, or to do it in the European style which just makes it easier to put the Transfer Windows in.

Please keep up with these things to make me think about what else to do so that I can have it relatively skinned out by the time it comes in and I can get to work right away.

Canadian League Tier 1 (Fierce Rivals)

1. Vancouver Whitecaps
  2. Victoria Sharks
  3. Edmonton Miners (rivals with Calgary)
  4. Calgary FC (rivals with Edmonton)
  5. Regina Buffaloes
  6. Saskatoon Prairie Dogs
  7. Toronto Lynx (rivals with Blizzard, Ottawa, and Montreal)
  8. Toronto FC (rivals with Lynx, Ottawa, and Montreal)
  9. Ottawa Capitals (rivals with both Toronto teams and Gatineau)
  10. Winnipeg Jets FC
  11. Montreal Impact (rivals with both Toronto teams and Ottawa)
  12. Gatineau FC (rivals with Ottawa)
  13. FC Quebec (based in Quebec City, rivals with Montreal)
  14. Hamilton Blackberries (and owned by Jim Ballsille)
  15. Niagara Goldhawks
  16. Halifax Mooseheads FC

17. St. John's Whalers

18. London City
  19. Windsor FC

20. Laval Mohawks

A few changes for the Premier League teams. Don't forget to make Ballsille a sugar daddy chairman. :D

As an English person, i am really interested in this experiment and i will probably download this db because it has alot of potential.

I was thinking though that you could have the bigger cities (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver) have some smaller teams as well, like how London has Leyton Orient, Barnet, Charlton, Millwall...Tottenham and the like, or like Paris has Racing Club and Paris FC, apart from having the bigger teams. Could be an idea if you can't fill up all the 120 spaces needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have finalized almost everything at this point. Unfortunately Toronto FC, Vancouver Whitecaps and Montreal Impact have to be omitted from these leagues as for some reason every player, even if they are Canadian, comes up as foreign. Now this wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have a rule on foreign players however I set out to emphasize Canadian players so I will not change it.

There are 5 leagues consisting of 20 leagues. Every lower division has 3 relegation slots and 3 promotion slots. The champions of each of the lower leagues are guaranteed promotion whereas the next 8 places fight in a playoff to determine who is sent up.

Reserve and Youth leagues have their own promotion system as well so that they aren't always playing the exact same teams every time. 3 promoted and 3 relegated with similar promotion playoff system. They also have their own cup competitions where every youth and reserve team get to play in a Reserve and Youth cup competition.

Also I have made several Cup competitions. There is the Canadian Open Cup which is for the top 3 leagues. Canada Cup which is for every league and Canadian Lower League Cup which is for leagues 4 - 5.

I also found a way to make a huge cup competition comprising of teams from some of the top competitions in the world.

The European Test Cup comprises of CSL, La Liga, Serie A and EPL. 1 round playoff. Final is always played at BMO field.

Also the World League Cup which comprises of La Liga, EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, Brazillian First Division, Argentine First division and CSL leagues 1 - 4. I wanted to put in Liga Sarges, SPL and others however the logistics of it were a little off so I settled with this format. it is a one game playoff system like the European Test Cup as well.

I will not be able to start the experiment for a few days I dont think as there has been a tragedy in the family. (please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.)

I want people to bare in mind this is the first real run through and technically only a test. I will be adding on to this as more patches come out. I am rather busy at the moment so I decided on using 5 leagues. No huge diversity in team names and such. This is pretty much a bare minimum of it but I figured might as well give you all a taste of what will be coming.

2009/2010 Season

I used the FMRTE editor to find the best players Canada has to offer and I was surprised at the quality of players.

Prospects Review

The top player in Canada was a man by the name of Daniel Johnson who had a CA of 192 and PA of 197. Without even playing a game for his Canadian team. Fenerbache noticed him right away. He played 33 games, scored 6 goals, got 12 assists and 1 MOM. He had an avg rating of 7.34 for Fenerbache. He helped Canada get to the World Cup for the first time in a long time and has thus far won 7 caps and scored 6 goals. In the summer he secured a transfer to Atletico Madrid for 10 million pounds. Time will tell how good he will be for both club and country. Unfortunately he started off old and wont have very much time to place himself among the worlds best.

The next best player is James Garcia with a CA of 184 and PA of 193. Garcia, like Johnson, didn't play a single game for his Canadian club before he was scooped up. He was off to Genoa and played 26 games getting 4 assists and 3 MOM's. He had an avg rating of 7.63. Similar to Johnson, the bigger clubs took notice and Olympique Lyonnais paid 10.25 million pounds to get their man. He has made 7 caps and scored 1 goal.

Then there was Graham Molina who went to Fenerbache with Johnson before playing a single game with his Canadian club. He has a CA of 173 and a PA of 187. He made 33 appearances, scored 6 goals, had 7 assists and 4 MOM performances with an avg rating of 7.38. Just like Johnson and Garcia the bigger clubs noticed his talent and he signed for Sampdoria in a 7.75 million pound move. He has surprisingly not had a single cap. I am unsure whether he was injured throughout Canada's World Cup run or not however this is a very curious circumstance to me.

The next best player, and only one to remain in Canada was Tom Barr with a CA of 172 and a PA of 187. He stayed with his club Okatas Challenge in the Canadian Soccer League 3 and played 27 games scoring 1 goal and having 5 assists, 6 MOM's and an avg rating of 7.23. He did not want to remain with his club however and went to CSL champions Toronto AC on a free as his contract was up. He is also uncapped.

Now comes the youngest of them all Tim van de Ven. He has a CA of 77 and a PA of 177. He was crucial to Surrey United's promotion bid from CSL 3 to CSL 2. He played 27 matches and got 10 assists with 1 MOM performance. Despite laying on so many assists he still played rather poorly at a 6.30 avg rating. He does not seem to be coping with life in a higher league very well either as after 12 games he has an avg rating of 6.04. I hope he can get his career on track and start playing well for his team, otherwise he might waste his potential.

As of right now there are no other real prospects to report on as there is no one with potential over 170 that is young enough to fulfill it besides van de Ven.

League Review

In the CSL Toronto AC came out clear winners with no real opposition at any point. They were able to manhandle their opposition on most occasions resulting in scoring 100 goals that season. The most interesting part of the season was the relegation battle between Portugal FC and Trois-Rivieres which culminated in a last day battle for survival. With neither team winning their last game it ended up being Trois Rivieres coming out on top by 1 point.

CSL Table

In CSL 2 we can already see something that I have overlooked. I forgot to put in the sorting rules for this league and so as a result Peniche SC won it instead of St. Anthony simply because of alphabetical order. It was an extremely close battle throughout the year for the title and playoff spots alike. Having created a massive promotion playoff it shows as well something that I MIGHT change.

CSL 2 Table

The next league as well was extremely close with Toronto Lynx (in this case PDL) winning the table in a close battle with Surrey United. The playoff's were hotly contested right up to 11th position. It shows just how close these leagues are at their current state.

CSL 3 Table

By Far this was the most equal league. Every single team was quite close baring the top 5 positions really. I wanted a little experiment in this one as well with a playoff relegation and it still ended up that the bottom 3 were relegated which is good.

CSL 4 Table

The bottom tier saw quite the battle for playoff spots. Everyone was vying for position for a long time until the ones that eventually got in started pulling away around April. I was really hoping for Chatham-Kent to make it however they failed in the playoffs. I am routing for them to make it to CSL 4 next year.

CSL 5 Table

Cup Competitions

In the Canadian Open Cup, similar to the Carling Cup of England, Peniche SC beat fellow CSL side SC Montreal 3 - 1 at BMO field.

In the Canadian Cup (the equivalent of the FA) we saw two non-CSL sides face off in a close match. Sapperton Rovers beating Hamilton Argentina 4 - 2 on penalties.

In the European Test Cup the last Canadian clubs were knocked out by EPL sides Arsenal and Man Utd in the 3rd round. The eventual winners Juventus beat Arsenal 2 - 0 to win the ETC.

In the World League Cup we saw all Canadian Clubs gone by the 3rd round. They have not had an easy time against the worlds largest clubs, as is to be suspected as it is their first year of existence. The eventual winners were Udinese in a 2 - 0 win over Palmeiras.

World Cup Review

The World Cup saw Canada able to make it, albeit surprisingly due to poor performance IRL qualifying. They were stuck in an extremely tough group with France, Argentina and North Korea. It was obvious they were not going to win however they still wanted a respectable performance. They lost their first game to Argentina 3 - 0 in a relatively average performance.

However, a great thing for Canadian football they were able to pick up their first ever goals and win at this World Cup. They beat North Korea 2 - 0 in a great battle.

They then went on to face France, hoping against hope for a fortunate result in which they needed a win. They however lost in a valiant effort 3 - 1 having remained 1 - 1 until the 59'th minute.

Spain were the eventual winners defeating England 2 - 0 in extra time.

2010/2011 Season

Player Review

Daniel Johnson didn't have the best of years, in fact he dropped 2 CA. He did not even get to play the full Gold Cup due to an injury which sidelined him for the last 2 games which Canada won despite his absence. He will hopefully pick up next year.

James Garcia had a fairly decent season. Nothing too special. He played the entire Gold Cup and ended up assisting on one of the goals for Canada in the final so all in all he had a fairly decent year.

Graham Molina had another excellent season this time with Sampdoria. Playing 33 games and having a good average. Surprisingly though he has still not been capped by Canada or by Italy (his second nationality). It looks as if this player might never represent a country.

Now for the shame that is Tom Barr. He decided that Canada was not good enough for him and decided to take a call up from England. Not that I blame him for the choice seeing as England is a much better footballing nation but it is rather annoying in terms of this experiment. He secured a 9 million pound deal to Real Madrid in January.

Traitor number 2 is Tim van de Ven. He had an absolutely dreadful season this time around having only avg'ed a 5.98. So you know what Tim? It's ok, I dont think we need or want you if your not going to bother showing up for games.

The newest prospect, and albeit better than Timmy is Riccardo Feretti with a CA of 97 and a PA of 179. He ended up spending a lot of time in the reserves and U18's squad but eventually got a call up to the senior squad, due to injury, and was later sent back down. In total he played 49 games this season in all competitions scoring 2 goals, getting 13 assists, and having 2 MOM performances with an overall avg of 6.66.

Another prospect is Maurice Altunel with a CA of 95 and a PA of 170. He looks like he could be a good one having played 33 games in all competitions and getting 2 goals, 9 assists, 4 MOM performances and an overall avg of 6.49. He played 13 games for the senior squad and spent the rest of his time bouncing back and forth between the reserves and the U18's.

League Review

Another championship for Toronto AC. They look like they are going to be the most difficult of all the CSL sides. Two championships in a row and counting it seems. They dominated the league this time even more than they did before. It could well become a scary place to be if this streak continues as they will just pile on more money and with it better players.

CSL Table

The second league was an extremely well contested league this time around. A lot of teams were vying for a playoff position and others were fighting for dear life escaping by just a few points. It will be interesting to see if the promoted clubs can deal with the likes of Toronto AC and Peniche SC in the next level.

CSL 2 Table

Calgary FC recovered brilliantly from last year's upset of being relegated not allowing anyone to get in their way of promotion. They made sure that their visit to league 3 was a short but memorable one. The rest of the league was fairly close with nothing too special to report about besides a tight relegation battle.

CSL 3 Table

Another Alberta team is off to the 3rd league as Edmonton Titans take the title to gain automatic promotion. The playoffs saw quite a few upsets this year with neither of the two promoted teams being in the top 3 in the league.

CSL 4 Table

Again Chatham-Kent disappoints me! They place 2nd for the second time in a row yet still cannot win in the playoffs. I hope this does not become a regular theme. I want them to get up in the leagues quickly. They need to shake off this playoff bogey and quick if they aren't able to win the championship.

CSL 5 Table

Cup Review

In the Open Cup we saw CSL Champions trounce their opposition, Toronto Lynx in the final 3 - 0. It wasn't even as close as the score line made out. Toronto AC could have easily been up 5 or 6 goals but they lacked the finishing they would have liked to see.

In the Canada Cup once again we saw 2 non CSL sides make it to the final. This time however it seemed as though it were due to the bad luck of Ottawa that they lost 2 - 1 to Fernwood United FC.

Last season I forgot to add the Lower League Cup I believe. So I will tell you who won last years and this years. Winnipeg City won it the first year against Montreal Rois, in a not so close game ending 3 - 0 for Winnipeg. This season it was Kingston Marvels beating Hamilton Athletic 2 - 1 in extra time.

As for the European Test Cup once again Canadian sides did not fair well at all as they were all gone after the 3rd round. The eventual winners were Valencia in a 3 - 2 win over Inter.

It was much the same in the World League Cup where not one single Canadian team was able to make it past the 3rd round and once again were only able to make it so far because they played against one another. The eventual winners were Deportivo in a 1 - 0 win over Inter. Poor Inter cant buy a cup.

NA Gold Cup and Copa America

SUCCESS! Canada has done it! They won the Gold Cup, and in convincing fashion. They beat the USA 2 - 0 in the final and on their way there were able to upset Mexico in a 2 - 1 win. But had it not been for the Canadian keepers heroics in the semi-final against Honduras they never would have made it. The Canadian keeper saved a penalty in extra time in order to bring the game to penalties where he once again proved his worth and made 1 save, the only one he really had to in order to get them to the final.

Disappointment with a glimmer of hope. Canada was able to make it to the semi-final losing to eventual winners Brazil. In the third-place playoff they succumbed to a 4 - 2 loss to Paraguay in extra time where their tired legs just couldn't handle the pressure that Paraguay was putting them under all game long.

Ok I went ahead and went 7 years ahead and I am going to pretty much post everything right now just to make it easier.

Player Reviews

I am not going to offer much info on these guys other than their profiles and their PA's as it has been way too many years to comment on each individually. I will go through in alphabetical order. As well I missed a couple of seasons on a few of the players. I am sorry, but there are a lot of different screen shots I need to get each year. It has been interesting to see a lot of the players that left Canada for greener pastures have ended up coming back in one form or another.

Maurice Altunel PA 170

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Tom Barr

Season 1

Season 2

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Carl Blicharski PA 173

Season 6

Season 7

Alen Cameira PA 168

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Riccardo Ferretti PA 179

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Martin Fisher PA 162

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

James Garcia

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Carl Hamilton PA 191

FIRST WONDERKID!!!

Season 7

Nicholas Hamilton (no relation) PA 166

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

David Houghton PA 175

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Daniel Johnson

Season 1

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Tom Knox PA 187

Season 6

Season 7

Bob Mitchell PA 163

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Graham Molina

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 6 - He moved to Aston Villa the year before this one.

Season 7

Roberto Moore PA 162

Season 6

Tim van de Ven

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

League Review 2011/12 - 2017/18

CSL Has been mainly dominated by Toronto AC with a few blips here and there. The last season being their worst ever showing. Despite winning so often they still are very poor in the Cup's it is interesting to see a team dominate so much in the league yet come up short in Cup's.

CSL 11/12

CSL 12/13

CSL 13/14

CSL 14/15

CSL 15/16

CSL 16/17

CSL 17/18

CSL 2 has seen a number of teams yo-yo from the divisions with very few teams having any real consistency within it. I think for some teams they are having trouble adjusting and re-adjusting to the level of play.

CSL 2 11/12

CSL 2 12/13

CSL 2 13/14

CSL 2 14/15

CSL 2 15/16

CSL 2 16/17

CSL 2 17/18

CSL 3 Has seen some rather strange results, one year a team can be almost near the top and lose in the playoffs then end up close to relegation then back up again. It has been a strange league to watch with some very strange tables.

CSL 3 11/12

CSL 3 12/13

CSL 3 13/14

CSL 3 14/15

CSL 3 15/16

CSL 3 16/17

CSL 3 17/18

CSL 4 has been very similar to CSL 3 with lots of teams acting strangely. Chatham-Kent Lancers made it into CSL 4 though! I am very happy about that but have continued their poor performance in playoffs and have been unable to get up to CSL 3.

CSL 4 11/12

CSL 4 12/13

CSL 4 13/14

CSL 4 14/15

CSL 4 15/16

CSL 4 16/17

CSL 4 17/18

CSL 5 has seen rather continuous results surprisingly the same teams have been near the bottom of the table for a while now and don't show any signs of moving up. It looks like without good management they could easily suffer a fate worse than death, stagnation.

CSL 5 11/12

CSL 5 12/13

CSL 5 13/14

CSL 5 14/15

CSL 5 15/16

CSL 5 16/17

CSL 5 17/18

Cup Reviews

The Open Cup has been dominated by Red Deer Renegades of late. Although last year they did not have the best showing in the world all thanks to a former top prospect turned manager. Tom Barr has lead Peniche SC to their 2nd Open Cup victory ever. It will be interesting to see how his managerial career pans out.

Open Cup 11/12

Open Cup 12/13

Open Cup 13/14

Open Cup 14/15

Open Cup 15/16

Open Cup 16/17

Open Cup 17/18

The Canada Cup has proven to be the most elusive of all cups. It has only been won more than once by a single team. Fernwood United FC and that was after several years without it. This cup has proved to be rather interesting seeing some very surprising results and some lopsided ones as well.

Canada Cup 2012

Canada Cup 2013

Canada Cup 2014

Canada Cup 2015

Canada Cup 2016

Canada Cup 2017

Canada Cup 2018

Canadian Lower League Cup has seen only 4 different winners in the span of 7 years. Vancouver Thunderbirds seem to have a knack for this competition. They are always able to grind out the result somehow.

I missed 1 years competition between Toronto Olympians and Laval Mohawks, Toronto Olympians won 2 - 0.

CLLC 12/13

CLLC 13/14

CLLC 14/15

CLLC 15/16

CLLC 16/17

CLLC 17/18

In the European Test Cup there was 2 years where Canadian teams have made it to the Quarter Final's. Which they lost but only by a goal. Each year it seems that the Canadian teams are getting progressively better with their results against greater competition. The only black mark on the Canadian clubs is that they seem to focus more on Domestic leagues and cups rather than these international ones.

In the World League Cup it appears that Canada is having a tough time having never made it beyond the fifth round. In the last one it appeared as though SC Vancouver was going to make it to the Quarter Final's only to lose in penalties. Which is very surprising seeing as they were relegated from CSL 2 that very same year.

International Review

Ever since the Canadian players have been aging Canada has had a very rough time. They have went through 4 different managers and have been unable to get by the Quarter Finals ever since they won the Gold Cup.

However, they have been able to make it to the World Cup on a consistent basis but has never been able to make it out of the group stage. They almost did in this 2018 world Cup since a few players have started to show some of their potential but they needed a crucial win against Mali and drew 0 - 0. They did not concede or score a goal this entire World Cup drawing against Spain and Sweden Also. So overall rather successful in all consideration.

The past 2 World Cup Winners have been Turkey and Italy. Italy being in the final both times. Both games went to extra time, Italy losing to Turkey in the 2014 and beating France 3 - 2 in 2018.

This took me over 2 hours!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived