Guide: EDT, DDT and LNC Files

ahmufcwafc

If the ddt or edt is loaded after choosing which xml or dbc you want in the game, I think it could be possible.

As new id's can change, it is perhaps saver to use the clubnames or so.

But I am only guessing here.

By selecting the teams you want, you can select whatever combination you like.

Don't know if it is possible to select them by leagues at a time.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit confused, if I want to get all players from nations like france, germany, portugal, holland etc. without loading their leagues and making them playable I create a ddt file with "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Portugal" but then where do I save it? Also does it have to be named something specific or not? Thirdly, is there a way of creating an edt file so that you can't have takeovers by another member of the board? Sorry for all the questions

edit: When i try to save an edt file I created I get a message saying ' C:\Program Files\ Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\update-1030\db\1030\edt\transfer embargo.edt You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission.' I presume I am the administrator as I'm the only user on the computer. Any help?

Asking many questions is what makes people smarter and know more, so don't feel sorry about that.

As said in my post above, I am guessing.

You don't have to use a ddt or edt to retain players from certain nations, as you can specify this when you are setting up your game.

For example you choose the Dutch and German leagues, top 2 levels, with al small database and all players from Portugal loaded, or all players with a continental reputation in Africa loaded. In this case the game loades all player from The Netherlands and Germany that are needed for a small database game. It also loads all players from Portugal and all continental players from Africa, as you requested.

When you want only specific leagues, or teams a ddt is more convenient. In that case you could open one of the ddt's and read the guidelines in that file to see what you have to type to make it work. I am not sure if ddt's made with an ddt generator for older FM games still work, but I guess that the ddt work the same as then.

There is an edt that tells the game what to do with board takeovers. Look for this edt in the edt folder that comes with the patch you play with. For the original game it is in the 1000 folder, for the 10.1 patch in the 1010 folder, 10.2 patch = 1020 folder and 10.3 patch = 1030 folder. These folders can be found in the installation folder that you specified while installing FM. So not in the my documents folder.

If you can't change or can't replace one of the ddt's or edt's, you can copy the file you want to edit to your my documents folder. Then you make 2 copies from that file. One is the original file, that you don't edit. (So that you always have a backup), the 2nd is the file that you can change. When you make your changes, you save it. That should be no trouble. Move the edited ddt or edt to the database folder where you found it. Replace the original there (as you still have a backup when something goes wrong) and start FM. Go to preferences, extra files (don't know how it is called exactly in English) and make sure your files are ticked.

Now it should work.

About what to type specificly, you can read in the ddt's and edt's.

Feel free to ask more.

No problem :thup:

To stop Canales having a future transfer, you have to edit your database.

* Did you untick that in the editor?

* And did you save your changes?

* Did you load the file with your changes? (New game, select database, select extra files.)

If all is yes, it should work as planned.

Or, it could be that there are more files being loaded in your game. For example retain player files, or a league mod (i.e. Super Bladesman's National League System Update.) If so, you have to check each of the loaded files for the Canales part, as his transfer could be part of one of those files.

Hope this helps.

Do you know the code I would have to use for it to possibly load by league? I have tried retain players, retain division players and retain league players in the same format as in the OP with a normal league ('blue square south' and none of them worked.

hey jorgen, i have taken the edt file out of the 1030 update, taken away canales' future transfer in the editor and unticked my retain players file but yet he is still coming up as joining real!! I have checked the other edt files on 1020 patch and lower but it does not appear!! Any other ideas?

hey jorgen, i have taken the edt file out of the 1030 update, taken away canales' future transfer in the editor and unticked my retain players file but yet he is still coming up as joining real!! I have checked the other edt files on 1020 patch and lower but it does not appear!! Any other ideas?

Are there any other files loaded in your my documents folder? (go to my documents, sports interactive, football manager 2010, editor data) You can also check which files you have by selecting new game, choose database and tick extra files. Perhaps the problem lies in one of those files.

Do you know the code I would have to use for it to possibly load by league? I have tried retain players, retain division players and retain league players in the same format as in the OP with a normal league ('blue square south' and none of them worked.

I don't think you can load them by a entire league at a time. Then you should specify al teams that you want to retain one by one.

I'm having problems adding transfer embargoes to created teams in my cities league. I have created an edt file, and it is recognised in the extra files section of the preferences in game, but it doesn't actually have an effect. Do I need to do something different because I created the teams from scratch in the editor or could there be another problem?

there arent any more files open and in the edt files of the other updates the canales edt file does not exist. Also, I created an edt file for transfer embargoes and made sure it was in the extra files but they don't seem to have taken effect

With the other updates, you shouldn't only look for edt's. Most updates nowadays are only dbc's or xml's. You could load those in the editor. (Load editor, load database, load editor files.) Perhaps one of the updates has his future transfer in it, and you might have selected that update for your game.

If you haven't selected any update, other than your own, I have no idea why it isn't working yet. You could ofcourse make the update with the deletion of the Canales transfer again, (and delete or untick the other update while selecting extra files) to see if this works.

As far as I can see I have the 10.3 database loaded with an extra file edited that has removed Canales' future transfer. I have also changed the edt file so that it is a different Racing player, Pedro Munitis, that is covered by the extra file. But yet Canales is still down as transferring to Real along with Munitis!!! This is so frustrating!!

p.s I cannot see how I can change it using FMRTE as there is no way of removing the future transfer just editing the deal.

What if you make a new update with Canales at another team, and change his future transfer to the club where he should be. You also have the change the date of the transfer, to a date that has allready passed when you start the game. Perhaps this helps.

If not, hopefully one of the more experienced editors can help you.

DDT Files

These files allow you to choose what nations or clubs players that you want to have in your game. DDT Generator is a useful resource which creates the ddt file for you.

* "RETAIN_PLAYERS" "Club" - This allows you to load all the players from the club you specify. So if you want all of Celtic's players in the game including youth players and regens coming through then you use the following command "RETAIN_PLAYERS" "Celtic"

* "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Nation" - This allows you to load all players of a particular nationality including regens coming through. This can be used instead of the ingame feature to "Load Additional Players" when starting the game. To load all English players the command would be "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "England".

I see there is a way to retain players from a club or nation, but how would you go about retaining certian players on there own?

I.e.

I would just like to make a DDT file for 2/3 player's who are not included in the custom large database, so to have them in my game without having to load all players from their nation when i start a new game.

Ok i've tried a couple of different ways, using the players unique id and his name.

• "RETAIN_PLAYERS" "7549917"
  • "RETAIN_PLAYERS" "silviu lung jr"
  • "RETAIN_INDIVIDUAL_PLAYERS" "7549917"
  • "RETAIN_INDIVIDUAL_PLAYERS" "silviu lung jr"
  • "RETAIN_PLAYERS" "7549917" "Silviu Lung jr"

• "RETAIN_PLAYER" "silviu lung jr"
  • "RETAIN_PLAYER" "7549917"
  • "RETAIN_INDIVIDUAL_PLAYER" "7549917"
  • "RETAIN_INDIVIDUAL_PLAYER" "silviu lung jr"
  • "RETAIN_PLAYER" "7549917" "Silviu Lung jr"

But these have not worked, is it even possible to retain individual's?

Ok i've tried a couple of different ways, using the players unique id and his name.

i dont think this is possible

you could attach the players to a club in the editor and put contract end date 2.7.2009 and will leave at end of contract OR put them in a club and edit them out with FMRTE

I'm struggling to get a new .ddt file to show up when I load up a new game and look to edit "extra files". It is right next to the team_holland.ddt file in my folder so I think it's in the right place. I'm using a Mac...any ideas?

Is it possible to create more files like team_holland to force the game to use the right World Cup squads?

(Like team_germany, team_spain, team_portugal, etc.)

Would I then have to make different files for each nation, or can they be combined in one big file?

Is it possible to create more files like team_holland to force the game to use the right World Cup squads?

(Like team_germany, team_spain, team_portugal, etc.)

Would I then have to make different files for each nation, or can they be combined in one big file?

yes it is possible, not sure about the combined file though, in theory it

should maybe work although im not sure

great idea :thup:

## INTERCONTINENTAL CLUB COMPETITIONS CHANGES

# AFC/UEFA Cup

"LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 150991 "AFC/UEFA Cup" ""

"SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 150991 "AFC/UEFA Cup" ""

## EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITIONS CHANGES

# UEFA Cup

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 1301396 "UEFA Cup" ""

"COMP_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 1301396 "UEFA Cup" ""

One question to lnc-file can i change safely these to UEFA Europa League so they would be like this or will my saved just going to crash? -->

## INTERCONTINENTAL CLUB COMPETITIONS CHANGES

# AFC/UEFA Europa League

"LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 150991 "AFC/UEFA Europa League" ""

"SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 150991 "AFC/UEFA Europa League" ""

## EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITIONS CHANGES

# UEFA Cup

"COMP_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 1301396 "UEFA Europa League" ""

"COMP_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 1301396 "UEFA Europa League" ""

yes it is possible, not sure about the combined file though, in theory it

should maybe work although im not sure

great idea :thup:

Thanks! :)

I will look into this further to find all necessary players.

I hope it works out fine.

One question to lnc-file can i change safely these to UEFA Europa League so they would be like this or will my saved just going to crash? -->

As far as I know you can indeed safely edit those names.

• 5 weeks later...
can i set a position, CA, and PA of a player if i use the future regen EDT

no you can only set the DOB, name, natonality & favourite club (player is more likely to spawn here) if you want more details use the SI editor

"FUTURE_REGEN" - Will this work for FM 2007?

yes

• 2 weeks later...
I created a file called swap.edt and the file I put the command "SWAP_TEAMS" "Team1 "Team2" then I loaded the game but in additional data this file does not appear, why?

was the file ticked in the preferences?

For FUTURE_REGEN option, is there any way we can input the PA of the regen in that file?

Or must i edit him with FMRTE after he is generated in-game?

EDIT: Also, will the regen be generated without a club or in his Favourite Team's youth squad?

For FUTURE_REGEN option, is there any way we can input the PA of the regen in that file?

Or must i edit him with FMRTE after he is generated in-game?

EDIT: Also, will the regen be generated without a club or in his Favourite Team's youth squad?

There is no way to decide a futures regen PA without using FMRTE

The regen can come through without club, at his favourite club and at another club,

There is no way to decide a futures regen PA without using FMRTE

The regen can come through without club, at his favourite club and at another club,

Is it possible to just create players in the Editor but with a future DOB and give them a really long contract. Will they show up in-game or when they become 15/16 years old? I'll actually try it myself.

The only way to retain individuals is to use the international call up command in a .ddt file:

"SET_INTERNATIONAL_PLAYER" "Unique ID" "Name"

The bad thing about this command is if the player ain't an international player, he will be in the national squad at game start up.

Is it possible to just create players in the Editor but with a future DOB and give them a really long contract. Will they show up in-game or when they become 15/16 years old? I'll actually try it myself.

No, it is not possible.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello I want create a new stadium for my Red Star 93, but I don't know how to make and create it, so please can someone to explain me how to use exactly the command STADIUM_MOVE, and every part form the command STADIUM_MOVE, thanks for the reply

Greetings

Hello I want create a new stadium for my Red Star 93, but I don't know how to make and create it, so please can someone to explain me how to use exactly the command STADIUM_MOVE, and every part form the command STADIUM_MOVE, thanks for the reply

Greetings

Use the editor that comes with the game on steam. Unless you don't own the game by steam..? :herman: