How much does age matter?

In my team in 2014, I am 2nd in the EPL; however, there is still a huge chasm of quality between me and 1st placed Arsenal. I've done a few comparisons between our players, position by position, and there is no real reason for them to be much better. However, I did notice one HUGE difference - the average age of the squads.

My squad average age is 21, and there's is around 28/9. I was thinking, does experience count for much? I thought it really wouldn't if the players have similar stats, but I'm starting to reconsider. I have a few older players in each area of the pitch (i.e. one 29 year old CB, one 30 year old CM and a 27 year old ST). My coach seems to believe that my young players are better, and that they have all basically reached their peak.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thoughts?

Young quality players can win EPL but I've noticed an overall performance improvement as the team aged and playing at their peak ages. Most of my key players retired at club and although the young replacements won EPL it was not as convincing.

The older team won 7 quads in a row but with the younger players starting to take over won treble quad treble.

Archived