OMG some news about the FM10 Demo!!!

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or better still, play the game with your only intention being to find as many bugs as possible then start threads slamming SI's blatantly lack of respect for customers and Sega's lust for yet another cash-in as FM2010 proves to be more style over substance.

Not entirely terrible advice. Substitute slamming SI with making constructive critisism and bug reports, and you have the makings of a better day 1 patch. :p

Quite right. Soccer is the most English word ever! It's about as English as you can get, having come from English public school slang during the Victorian and Edwardian period.

Article about it here for anyone who is interested.

Regards,

C.

i dont care where the word comes from the word for are beloved sport is FOOTBALL end of

i dont care where the word comes from the word for are beloved sport is FOOTBALL end of

:rolleyes:

The original point was to correct those people who believe that the Americans plucked the word 'soccer' out of the air, possibly just to spite the rest of the world, and are somehow ignorant in continuing to use it.

It's an English word, admittedly somewhat archaic now in England, but still in use. Even the Football Association have released official books etc., as late as the mid-nineties and probably later if you look carefully, with the word 'soccer' in the title.

I personally don't see the problem with people using the word soccer. What's the big deal?

Regards,

C.

I really good time to release I think would be to 2pm (UK because that's where I am based)

At 2 all the people at home could down load, 3-4 school kids getting home, 4-5 college kids getting home 5-6 people who get home from work early 6-7 other people that go on the computer straight after work, 7-8 people who don't go on till they have ate.

Staggered !! Tell I am bored at work today.

I really good time to release I think would be to 2pm (UK because that's where I am based)

At 2 all the people at home could down load, 3-4 school kids getting home, 4-5 college kids getting home 5-6 people who get home from work early 6-7 other people that go on the computer straight after work, 7-8 people who don't go on till they have ate.

Staggered !! Tell I am bored at work today.

I know the felling mate I am so bored I even started a new game on 09, but quickly got bored of that to

Somebody whom I know from school, on my FB who works for Mirror-group has posted a status saying "Football Manager 10 is amazing WOW" Can I kill him? If he has the demo, I might poke him till he drops *angry face*

doesn`t mean he has the demo might be a beta tester for fm2010

Miles confirmed before that the demo will not be given a date, it will be here when it's here.

That date is a guess, and the forth one that they've had.

Pleeeeeease surprise us and release it tomorrow. Also releasing it on friday really isn't wise, the amount of people downloading it is going to be crazy. Why release on Thursday 15th and have the unemployed download it first, followed by the workers on Friday. Simples.

doesn`t mean he has the demo might be a beta tester for fm2010
I wish they'd just tell us when the demo is NOT going to be released. It would save me a lot of time to know that it is now going to be released tomorrow or Thursday. Meh.

But its the same for everybody, nobody has it any different.

I wish they'd just tell us when the demo is NOT going to be released. It would save me a lot of time to know that it is now going to be released tomorrow or Thursday. Meh.

The reason they can't do that is that they don't know. Whenever the game is finished it will go gold. At that point they will build a demo. Which will be tested by QA. If QA rejects it, they'll fix it and issue a new version...if QA rejects it they'll build a new one....and so on. The only point at which they could give you ANY approximate guess of when it will be released is whenever QA approves it....and since that's when it gets released, it's pointless for them to say "It'll be released in 5 seconds".

Clear enough? :)

Archived