OMG some news about the FM10 Demo!!!

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have got to say that if FM 2010 is anything like the dross that is FM2009 then I won't go near it - Managing Arsenal I lost FIVE players in one game and had my entire squad of players injured by the second round of the champions league qualifiers - and not to short term injuries either. This is COMPLETELY unrealistic even with Arsenal's history of injuries. Starting the game again BANG eleven players lost to long term injuries within the first four games and a further seven lost within three games of that. Where is the fun in that ? The game is just a load of poorly researched crap wrapped up in fancy graphics and packaging - I certainly won't waste my money again making these cowboys richer :mad:

I have got to say that if FM 2010 is anything like the dross that is FM2009 then I won't go near it - Managing Arsenal I lost FIVE players in one game and had my entire squad of players injured by the second round of the champions league qualifiers - and not to short term injuries either. This is COMPLETELY unrealistic even with Arsenal's history of injuries. Starting the game again BANG eleven players lost to long term injuries within the first four games and a further seven lost within three games of that. Where is the fun in that ? The game is just a load of poorly researched crap wrapped up in fancy graphics and packaging - I certainly won't waste my money again making these cowboys richer :mad:

I'm guessing you didn't read the FM10 announcements? The word for FM10 is polish, I wouldn'texpect any of the obvious bugs that were missed in FM09.

I predict an alias, I predict an alias (8)

Yeah, soccer is an english word. American english. For us, in europe, the people who created football, the football (praise the english people), the sport/entertainment is football. Football is a sport played with your feet, not your feet and your hands, or mostly with your hands. The sport the americans like to call football is just a gay version of our rugby, where men use no protection and don't stop the game evey time a guy falls.

This is just my humble oppinion. Sorry it's not about the demo, which I'm really looking forward to play. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yeah, soccer is an english word. American english. For us, in europe, the people who created football, the football (praise the english people), the sport/entertainment is football. Football is a sport played with your feet, not your feet and your hands, or mostly with your hands. The sport the americans like to call football is just a gay version of our rugby, where men use no protection and don't stop the game evey time a guy falls.

It's soccer in the white former British colonies.

It's soccer in Canada, soccer in the US, soccer in New Zealand, and soccer in Australia.

But yeah, we're the only ones who call it soccer.

It's soccer in the white former British colonies.

It's soccer in Canada, soccer in the US, soccer in New Zealand, and soccer in Australia.

But yeah, we're the only ones who call it soccer.

In Canada is because of the association with the American Standard English. In Australia, they have Aussie Rules Football, which is, strangely, played with their feet (and hands, I know, but is more flow than American Football, and there are a lot more kicks on the ball, it is almost like our football/soccer). And New Zealanders, maybe because of australians.

For me, and for most of the english people I know, it is Football. It was football, it is football and it will always be football. And here we even write it in a differente way, we write "futebol". So, it's football forever.

Cheers.

I know, from Association Football. Which is where FIFA got its name too. So? I'm just messing around with americans. And one thing's certain, football is supposed to be played with the foot. It's foot to the ball. The only player who can use the hands is the goalie. In their football, there's only one time they kick the ball, two times, when the match starts, and when they touchdown. That's some kind of handball with a kick.

I'm just messing around.

I love football, no matter what the name is. Even if they call it sh*t I would love it anyway.

Cheers.

The above is the "Vanilla" version which is English leagues only.

Which then means the "Strawberry" version which has several other leagues apart from English will be on the torrent download like SI had mentioned before also on the 16th.

Have they removed the website because I remember seeing it at first then not seeing when I went onto another blog:confused:

Have they removed the website because I remember seeing it at first then not seeing when I went onto another blog:confused:

Indeed, it's been removed apparently (at the moment).

But there was nothing special in the blog. Just saying that vanilla version demo would be out october 16th, exclusively on mirrorfootball.co.uk, that they were very pround of it, that their site was a cool football site, etc... ;)

The news is, there is no news.

As with every single release since FM05, the demo will be released when the game goes gold. That's normally 2 - 3 weeks before the release of the game. The game is released on October 30th. I'm not a betting man, but if I was I'd be expecting the demo somewhere around the middle of October.

In the meantime, every time someone asks about the release date of the demo without reading this, god kills one of our QA testers. So please, everyone, think of the testers...

and given the amount of bugs that they miss for every single release, would that be that much of a loss? :p

I love people who rant about the term "Soccer" whilst having absolutely no clue about football history.

Quite right. Soccer is the most English word ever! It's about as English as you can get, having come from English public school slang during the Victorian and Edwardian period.

Article about it here for anyone who is interested.

Regards,

C.

I cantg believe there are so many people who are ignorant about the term "soocer", and I can't believe it bothers some of you so much. Interesting little thing here from The Times by journalist Gabriele Marcotti;

People who are incensed by the use of "soccer" are not just pedantic, they are ignorant as well.

They foolishly believe that soccer is some kind of pernicious Americanism. Wrong. Football and rugby were invented around the same time, in the 19th century. And - guess what? - they both called themselves "football". To distinguish themselves from each other, one was called Rugby Football (that's why we have something called the "Rugby Football Union" even though it has nothing to do with Football) and the other Association Football. The term "soccer" comes from the word "Association" (the "socc" part, if you still don't get it).

I should add that, as you all know, both sports were invented in this very country which means there were people running around England some 120 years ago referring to soccer and rugby. That's how long the term has been in use in this very nation. And that's why "soccer" is an English term and it's perfectly legitimate to call it that.

One more thing. If soccer is some weirdo Americanism, why doesn't Jeff Stelling present a show called "Football Saturday" on Sky? Or is Jeff Stelling just another ignorant Yank?

Archived