Mentality and Creative Freedom

I was wondering how people choose mentality, do you for example choose one mentality for the team or do you choose for each player ? and which do you think is better ? When i try easch player then i feel like the team is unbalanced...

thanks

i personally prefer team mentality and use CF to make the tactic balanced. proper application of CF and mentality is the key to balancing a tactic. recently, i have managed to get chelsea and arsenal playing on 11 mentality setting with great success - using a 442. i have also managed to balance a 433 on 11 mentality with valencia. generally, more attacking i play, the less CF i employ. nevertheless, i prefer team mentality because it expedites the wholes balancing process.

I use individual mentality settings for my players

I prefer this because I dont like all my players to have the same settings, meaning I dont want all of my players thinking just about atttack or defend, by doing individual settings I can create a right balance of attack and defend

Yes, doing individual settings can get people confused but I advise you to use pre-season and any other "friendly" types of games to figure out the balance, it really isnt that hard, you just have to look over how your team plays, and also you have an assistant that is willing to help (he's helping when he says "leaving too much space in midfield" etc)

EDIT: I forgot....Welcome to the forums

Both team or individual mentality could create different things in different situations depends on which team you play against. It would be more challenging to find the balance for individual mentality compared to the team one. Personally I used individual mentality as I would like to adjust the position of my players. Therefore I used an arrowless tactic which I have only DCs with rare forward run and the rest are mixed.

The sliders are very flexible to be adjusted so you may just try to get the players play as how you want them to. All the best!

I often find that when I'm starting out developing a new tactic or with a new team, it's helpful to use the overall team instructions as that often means that the team is better balanced and less disjointed, but as you get to know the team and the kind of tactic you want it is really useful to use the individual instructions to fine tune the tactic, and often yields better results than the overall instruction.

Archived