Who Is Working On 100% Accurate New Leagues for FM2010?

Jorge Campos

I've seen posts about people working on leagues that will need to be created, and I know that there are beta testers and researchers working on having XML files ready for the release date.

However, many of us will be interested ONLY in leagues that will be 100% realistic. No super leagues, fake competitions, or leagues that fall well short of being properly researched and rendered.

So who is working on realistic leagues and who is confident that all the correct rules and structures will be included?

For everyone's benefit, please list the country and league that you are working on or researching.

Thanks!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'd like to complete at least level 8 of the English League system to a satisfactory level of completeness. That would mean all teams with complete squads. I'm not sure how easy this will be of course.

As for competitions I am going to do my best to make sure dates are accurate and that as many competitions as I can add are correct. Level 8 is the lowest level for the FA trophy so I hope I can make that a full competition. I'd like to expand the FA Cup too, so as to include the extra preliminary rounds with teams from level 10.

I am not sure if it is worth bothering with leagues for teams below level 8. It would depend on the ease of the research. I see no point in competitions full of grey players.

Well I'd like to complete at least level 8 of the English League system to a satisfactory level of completeness. That would mean all teams with complete squads. I'm not sure how easy this will be of course.

As for competitions I am going to do my best to make sure dates are accurate and that as many competitions as I can add are correct. Level 8 is the lowest level for the FA trophy so I hope I can make that a full competition. I'd like to expand the FA Cup too, so as to include the extra preliminary rounds with teams from level 10.

I am not sure if it is worth bothering with leagues for teams below level 8. It would depend on the ease of the research. I see no point in competitions full of grey players.

Thing with teams low down the pyramid, their squads can vary wildly from season to season, so personaly i dont mind seeing grey players. The most important thing to me is that the competition structure is correct and the club details are right (like average attendance etc).

Im working with the Japanese League for the AFC projects, sirs.

But it cant be 100% accurate because you cant code in the Jei Rigu Junkaiin.

That's okay...the main goal is to have a relatively accurate J League for all!

I still need a couple more West Asian leagues, and expand the project to include expansions of current leagues.

Im working with the Japanese League for the AFC projects, sirs.

But it cant be 100% accurate because you cant code in the Jei Rigu Junkaiin.

Good news on the J-League. It will be hugely popular I'm sure.

As for the Jei Rigu Junkaiin, that is one area where I'd probably say that it's okay not to be 100% accurate, because the game is largely unable to simulate promotion requirements unless they're based solely on stadium size or some other simple factor.

I would expect that there are playable league systems in the game that don't have the 100% correct guidelines for how the FA allows clubs to move up through the lower leagues and toward full league status. So this is an acceptable shortcoming insofar as the game can't cope with something like the Jei Rigu Junkaiin anyway.

As long as we have the J-League and J2, and as long as the competition structures and rules are accurate for those two levels, that should be fantastic.

Having a correct J-League and J2 will certainly be a heck of a lot of fun, with or without promotion from the JFL. Though us "Small to Big Challenge" types would love to be able to take a team from the JFL to J-League glory.

Ah, you're talking to the right person. :D

You will have your chance with a 'small to big challenge' once we're done with creating Japan (and the other Asian leagues). :p

The J-League will not be in FM 2010 due to licensing issues. It will be an unplayable league. There will probably be no J-League or J2-League players in the database either.

On another note, I continue to be concerned about all the discussion of adding players to the database to go with activating lower leagues. I really do not want to see this because most of the added players will not be researched by anyone who has seen them play. I suppose it might be okay to let their attributes be randomized, but it's not ideal. I'd rather see no data updates and strictly the accurate league structures and competition rules.

The J-League will not be in FM 2010 due to licensing issues. It will be an unplayable league. There will probably be no J-League or J2-League players in the database either.

On another note, I continue to be concerned about all the discussion of adding players to the database to go with activating lower leagues. I really do not want to see this because most of the added players will not be researched by anyone who has seen them play. I suppose it might be okay to let their attributes be randomized, but it's not ideal. I'd rather see no data updates and strictly the accurate league structures and competition rules.

One thing I'm curious to find out about is that since now SI know that every league in the world will be creatable, if they have started doing more in depth research on the nations that are not official FM2010 leagues. For instance, where as in the past they probably didn't care so much about certain unplayable divisions, lets take for example, Uzbekistan, and while the they certainly have researchers for Uzbekistan, I wonder if they stepped up the research in Uzbekistan knowing that people will actually be able to play there in this edition.

I suspect that nothing has changed. I think SI has always wanted the database to be as complete and accurate as possible, but since it relies entirely on unpaid and amateur scouts around the world, it can only include what the researchers can produce.

The coverage of obscure leagues seems to be minimal in some countries, even if you happen to live there. For example, I think the Trinidad & Tobago league just recently got its first TV deal. Prior to that, I don't think matches were regularly televised. Whatever the case may be, it seems difficult to find information. In some countries websites are rare, let alone for football clubs.

One thing I'm curious to find out about is that since now SI know that every league in the world will be creatable, if they have started doing more in depth research on the nations that are not official FM2010 leagues. For instance, where as in the past they probably didn't care so much about certain unplayable divisions, lets take for example, Uzbekistan, and while the they certainly have researchers for Uzbekistan, I wonder if they stepped up the research in Uzbekistan knowing that people will actually be able to play there in this edition.

I'd say ditto to Jorge Campos, in that everything is pretty much the same.

I don't think they need to worry about the level of research in the far flung corners of the globe anymore. One of SI's chief goals is to keep the accuracy of FM abundant and they will maintain that. The players, however, wanted to see more leagues and SI could not guarantee them those leagues and keep to their goal of maximum accuracy.

The result is that they have left the accuracy of leagues open to the players themselves. If you want the Tajikistani League Division 2b then you can have it. It's up to you to make it as realistic as you like it to be.

They have opened the game up to a whole new level, now, and left their reputation intact. They could have gone the same way as CM and released a game with more levels to the English league, but with research that may not have been 100% accurate. I believe that there has always been a certain dubiousness to CM's accuracy, but I suppose that the CM devs are happy with that.

I certainly aim to make the Sussex County Leagues as accurate as possible - the club data certainly, although there will be some gaps in the player data as I either;

A; Haven't found anyone to provide it

B; Haven't seen the team for myself this season!

What I've done is approached people on the Sussex County League Forum, providing them with a template for basic player info - Name, Position, Date of Birth etc - and a template for club info (Everything from Chairman name to ticket price). I've had a lot of success with this, and have data for a lot of clubs now. I'm going down to Step 7/Level 11 (Sussex County 3/East Sussex Premier/Brighton, Hove & District Premier/Mid Sussex Premier/West Sussex Premier) with a handful of clubs underneath that to allow for promotion/relegation and to provide opposition for preseason friendlies etc.

I'd echo Jorge's comment though about getting the structure right being perhaps more important than the data. I've also placed an order this morning for The Non League Club Directory which will help tremendously with those leagues that are at the same Step/Level, but not in Sussex - again though, I want the structure to be right for these, but I'm not as concerned about the player data.

I'm hoping to get my local team Coalville Town in the game, with fully working squad etc. So anyone that needs any help I'll be willing to try and find detail such as squads etc, for the leagues above and adjacent.

Looking at doing something for the Midland Allance as well :D

If people are going to all this trouble to research and add players, why not join the research teams and provide the data for the database? The researchers will certainly incorporate reliable research, and this way the data can get into the official database and we don't need to worry about downloading it. All we'd have to do is activate the leagues. Better yet, SI might ultimately add these leagues if the research is good.

Probably going to give the League of Ireland a go. We have a new Third tier called the A Championship but most of them are made up of Under 21 teams but Ill give it a shot anyway once were up and running.

Any leagues below are made up of non league teams but I might make a 4th tier regionalised with one promotion as a play off. Ill help anyone with the German system too. I believe there are 8 tiers in total. Wikipedia names them all anyway. God knows how many divisions in each tier though, could end up being hundreds!

Does level 8 include the Unibond North? sorry may seem like a lazy question, i just struggle to work this stuff out. looking forward to (attempting at least) taking Chorley to glory!:D

Does level 8 include the Unibond North? sorry may seem like a lazy question, i just struggle to work this stuff out. looking forward to (attempting at least) taking Chorley to glory!:D

Yep, Unibond North is Level 8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Football_League_System will help you judge where is where :thup:

I'm going down to Level 9 across the board, and down to Level 11 in Sussex.

Will anyone possibly achieve the holy grail of all 24 stages of the English football pyramid - right down & including the Bristol downs football league division 4? If so, would this make the game unplayable due to speed? How many levels of the pyramid do people think that we can get away with on the average pc?

Will anyone possibly achieve the holy grail of all 24 stages of the English football pyramid - right down & including the Bristol downs football league division 4? If so, would this make the game unplayable due to speed? How many levels of the pyramid do people think that we can get away with on the average pc?

Certainly there will be numerous postings of XML files that will add all the remaining lower levels in England that are already in the database. I'm not sure how many levels that is. That will simply make the leagues playable. It won't guarantee that there are players or staff. So the effect on game speed shouldn't be that significant because there won't be many players and staff for whom data needs to be processed and stored.

However, no one is going to do the full English football pyramid unless a data update is also released with it. Surely there would be many clubs missing, and there would be no players or staff at these lowest levels.

Bear in mind the 24th level only applies to that Bristol South Downs 4th division. The 'root' of other strands peters out higher up elsewhere. What many people intend to do is to create the whole pyramid down to say level 10 or 11, then add certain strands according to their own interests - one guy might do Sussex, another Yorkshire etc.

So you can download one or multiple databases according to what you want. I suspect that if you do load that many divisions (say all down to level 14) it would slow your processing down a heck of a lot!

The thing I'm gonna do is Polish league structure up to the lowest level (C-klasa). The problem is that the game doesn't sort the regional division of lower leagues correctly, even though the geographical coordinates of the cities and the regional subdivisions of clubs are entered correctly...

I will be creating a 100% correct (or as correct the editor will allow me) Faroe Islands League.. Dont really know how this is going to be as there are 4 levels but only about 25 teams (teams have B and C sides aswell in the league system)..

However, no one is going to do the full English football pyramid unless a data update is also released with it. Surely there would be many clubs missing, and there would be no players or staff at these lowest levels.

I wouldn't bet against it. Obviously clubs will have to be added, but the raw data for this is pretty accessible.

I will be creating a 100% correct (or as correct the editor will allow me) Faroe Islands League.. Dont really know how this is going to be as there are 4 levels but only about 25 teams (teams have B and C sides aswell in the league system)..

Related to this, does anyone know if you can set the league rules so that B teams playing in the league structure cannot get promoted to the same division as the first team, or if B teams are not allowed in say, the top three divisions, you can ensure they cannot get promoted above the fourth division?

Related to this, does anyone know if you can set the league rules so that B teams playing in the league structure cannot get promoted to the same division as the first team, or if B teams are not allowed in say, the top three divisions, you can ensure they cannot get promoted above the fourth division?

I believe that in the way it works currently in FM is that B teams cannot get promoted at all. This might change with the new editor, however.

I wouldn't bet against it. Obviously clubs will have to be added, but the raw data for this is pretty accessible.

Easy enough to complete the structure down to level 24, but I'll be seriously surprised if anyone can produce an update with full team squads and staff.

If they can then run the number of leagues that will be in the game they get extra credit. :D

Personally I will be happy with Division 1 of the regional leagues (level 8). A non playable level 9 will just need a little work to have realisticly full squads being promoted.

I don't believe it will be at all practical to go any lower than level 10 unfortunately because all the player attributes (except for physical) will be 1 or 2 at most and the CA and PA will all range from 1 to 5. SI should think of increasing all the attributes and CA\PA by a factor of 5 (eg 20 becomes 100 etc) so that level 24 has players with attributes sitting near 1.

I don't believe it will be at all practical to go any lower than level 10 unfortunately because all the player attributes (except for physical) will be 1 or 2 at most and the CA and PA will all range from 1 to 5. SI should think of increasing all the attributes and CA\PA by a factor of 5 (eg 20 becomes 100 etc) so that level 24 has players with attributes sitting near 1.

Actually, its a misconception that a CA of 1 will create a player with attributes of mostly 1. There is a large variety in attributes for players with a CA of 1. There is a player in one of my saves with a CA and PA of 1, and doesn't have a single "1" attribute, and only one "2" attribute.

If people are going to all this trouble to research and add players, why not join the research teams and provide the data for the database? The researchers will certainly incorporate reliable research, and this way the data can get into the official database and we don't need to worry about downloading it. All we'd have to do is activate the leagues. Better yet, SI might ultimately add these leagues if the research is good.

I like this, but I don't think that SI may/will add these leagues to the actual game.

Maybe they can create a topic on this site, or a total new site, where you can download these SI approved leagues as add-ons.

This gives us players a standard game which is not demanding to much from our CPU's, and add leagues to this game to our own will. For instance i would like that the Dutch "Topklasse" will be on the game, but i really don't care if the Austrian lower leagues are added. For other people this might be the other way around.

I like this, but I don't think that SI may/will add these leagues to the actual game.

Maybe they can create a topic on this site, or a total new site, where you can download these SI approved leagues as add-ons.

This gives us players a standard game which is not demanding to much from our CPU's, and add leagues to this game to our own will. For instance i would like that the Dutch "Topklasse" will be on the game, but i really don't care if the Austrian lower leagues are added. For other people this might be the other way around.

I think that Jorge Campos was more referring to research done to players. SI would gladly take researchers for unactivated nations, as they already do.

SI will not have any "approved leagues" as that would be like them having put the leagues in there in the first place which requires them to have licenses and such (even though some leagues have no licenses what so ever, which I don't really get, but I'm sure SI has a good handle on it).

I for one would love it if some awesome person worked on, say Level 8 English Clubs.

Quick question: I assume that if you play one of these custom level 8 leagues (eg Isthmian League Division One North) and then win the league, the data editor will give you the option to allow you to get promoted to Level 7 (eg Isthmian League Premier Division) which in turn leads you to the Blue Square South (or whatever).

Seems that there's a lot of potential for crashing the game here, unless the data editor does allow you to say how many teams get promoted and how many from the above league get demoted etc... Sorry if that rambled on a bit :)

Seems that there's a lot of potential for crashing the game here, unless the data editor does allow you to say how many teams get promoted and how many from the above league get demoted etc... Sorry if that rambled on a bit :)

No. According to the tutorial video, one of the beauties of the editor is that after you've set up your system you press a 'test' button - if you've done anything wrong the editor will find it and tell you!

You can set up your own rules for promotion, relegation etc. Either keep to the real structure or adapt it to your own requirement.

Thanks Phnompenhardy - just found the link to that vid:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-manager-2010/Football-Manager-2010-new-features-blog-Day-12-the-new-data-editor-part-2-article161797.html

Also seems that according to the info in the link I posted, a number of people working at SI (testers probably) are planning on uploading their custom UK leagues for us to download here on the forums. Great news!

I see a few posts on here about people doing similar English non-league updates (e.g. anagain, displaced_seagull, SAFC Adam, bobatwal, Super Bladesman etc).

Instead of doing lots of seperate files - all with different strengths and weaknesses - can we get our heads together and try to make one BRILLIANT file?

Non-league football is popular enough in England that I'm sure we can get good information on the vast majority of teams!

Archived