Legends Database 2010 : questions

Deus84

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Sir matt Busby will be the manager. Regarding the current managers: those who, in the past, trained a great team will be in the game, those who where assistant managers before becoming managers in a great team of the past will be in the game, those who were former players in a great team of the past will be in . Example: Capello was the manager of Roma 2000-2001, so he will be in the game; same happens with trapattoni and a few others. Dead managers (or not in the game) will be created from scratch.

• SI Staff

the beauty of the new editor is that everyone could contibute to this...it would speed it up and make it much more inclusive....the whole thing could just be merged together.

I have to say that i totally disagree with that.

I respect your opinion an understand your sense of nostalgia.....

From the attributes you listed i believe Zidane beats the other two for vision & creativity but there was so much more to Zidane's game. Team work, Work rate, ability to play with both feet. IMHO his ability to read the game and understand what is going on around him is 2nd to none. Not to mention his eye for goal an achievements as a player.

Pele > Goalscoring

Maradona > Skill/Flair

Zidane > Team Work/Vision/Both footed/More Complete Player

sorry what? is this serious? pele just a goalscorer? and maradona just skill/flair? maybe if you're basing maradona's style as a player on just that goal against england, youtube 'maradona passes', he is the best attacking midfielder the world has ever seen for reasons more just than 'skill/flair' unless by skill we mean passing skill, ball control skill, dribbling skill, crossing skill, 'creative' flair, vision flair etc.....

don't even know where to start on pele, i can't think of a player at pele's level who is more complete than him, certainly not zidane.

Yeah, you're right about the subjectivity of it. I've always thought GEnto and Jairzinho should be placed alongside Cruyff, Maradonna, Puskas and Beckenbauer, but they rarely are.

And getting Gento as a young prosspect could be cool. Training him up to be a great.

well cruyff, maradona, beckenbauer and puskas were players who single handedly raised the level of their team a couple notches higher, and were able to control a game on their game from their respective positions, gento jairzinho were not par with any of those in terms of incredulity, although they were of course a very, very, very good player nonetheless. but we're talking 8/10 compared to 9/10 i'd say.

ooops sorry i'm being pedantic, i keep looking away from this tab and just noticing posts and replying to them forgetting the original aim of the thread, my bad.

quite interested in this although i'm curious to how interesting it will be to actually play the db for more than a season, unless all the teams were put into a world-league together, for example.......

which should totally be done btw! ;)

It would be cool to add Arthur Rowley in the database at Shrewsbury. Being the top scorer in the history of English football. Though don't be put off by his lower league status, he was still an excellent player in the top division with Leicester, but incredibly loyal and a great professional.

Think of an old fashioned powerful, Nat Lofthouse type striker, for type of player though he could dribble and had great technique too.

His long shots and heading could be as high as 20 anyway, he once scored a header from near the half way line, and scored loads of long range crackers, his shot was so powerful he once ripped a hole in the back of the net and the ref didn't give the goals because he thought it had gone wide and round the goal.

I notice you have his brother Jack Rowley in the database on your 09 legends too, so they should go in each others' Favoured Personnel section of course.

Terry Venables Tottenham IMO. Klinsmann, Sherringham, Barmby, Anderton, And a young Judas( I mean Sol).

Actually i'm making 1963 Tottenham, which was even better with the likes of Jimmy Greaves, Alan Gilzean, Danny Blanchfower, Cliff Jones and so on. Regarding Tottenham 1963: i was wondering if I could put, as exceptions (because they were just 10 years old in 1963) the great Glen Hoddle and Osvaldo Ardiles and Ricardo Villa...what do you think ? :D Or maybe do you prefer the best players from the 60ees and the best from the 70ees ? That would be cool...

MIR : i've added arthur rowley a few days ago :D

Huddersfield Town 1923-1924 first time won First Division (top-flight back then also won it in 1924/25 and 1925/26)

Manager- Herbet Chapman

Goalkeeper Billy Cowell

Goalkeeper Ted Taylor

FullBack Ned Barkas

Central Defender Harry Cawthorne

Central Defender Roy Goodall

Central Defender Albert Smith

Wing Back Norman Smith

Wing Back David Steele

Left Back Sam Wadsworth

Central Defender Billy Watson

Central Defender Tom Wilson

Central Mid Billy Johnston

Central Mid George Richardson

Left Mid Billy Smith

Right Mid Joe Walter

Up Front George Brown

Up Front George Cook

Up Front Ernie Islip

Up Front Clem Stephenson

Up Front Charlie Wilson

Going slightly into the realms or weird ... but seeing as this whole database is not quite real with players from different years facing off against each other, how would you feel about putting Harchester United (the team from Sky One's Drea mTeam programme) in the game as well ?

Actually i'm making 1963 Tottenham, which was even better with the likes of Jimmy Greaves, Alan Gilzean, Danny Blanchfower, Cliff Jones and so on. Regarding Tottenham 1963: i was wondering if I could put, as exceptions (because they were just 10 years old in 1963) the great Glen Hoddle and Osvaldo Ardiles and Ricardo Villa...what do you think ? :D Or maybe do you prefer the best players from the 60ees and the best from the 70ees ? That would be cool...

MIR : i've added arthur rowley a few days ago :D

As a Spurs fan I'd love to see Hod, Ossie and Ricky with the 63 line up. Good choice on 63 btw, that team often gets forgotten about and overshadowed by the double winners!

Will the Arsenal team be purely the 1997-98 double winning team? As an Arsenal fan, the general consensus is that the 03-04 invincibles team was the best we've ever had (and may well be the best the Premier League ever saw :)), but, for example, 97-98 Bergkamp was a much better player than 03-04 Bergkamp. And even in between that, 01-02 Ljungberg was a machine, but 03-04 Ljungberg just never quite seemed right.

However you do decide to do it, keep up the good work, because last year's version was superb anyway.

Great work, and amazing patience there Deus :)

Would you consider Panathinaikos 1969-72 which includes a European Cup final (lost to Ajax). Ferenc Puskas was PAO's coach back then, so it's a way to implement him in the game ;)

That team was probably the best in the history of Greek football, and included some of the best Greek players of the time(who are probably unknown to most foreigners)

In that period this team achieved:

1968/69: League winners, Cup winners

1969/70: League winners

1970/71: European Cup runners-up, 3rd place in league

1971/72: League winners, Inter-Continental Cup runners-up, Cup runners-up

I can help you with most players of this team, that is, if you are willing to add them in your database

otbc: there will nottingham forest 1980

besim: the players you mentioned will be in the game, but obviously not in man utd because i made 1968 man utd and not something like "Man Utd All time stars". Players like Cantona, Solskjaer etc will play for the team they played before going to man utd (so they are a sort of hot prospect). Other players who grew up in man utd youth team (like duncan edwards) will actually play for man utd youth team :)

scofi: 99% of modern football players have been erased so there won't be messi, ronaldo, ibra, kakà, etc...there just a few exceptions.

Boom: if you help me with players (ca/pa, roles, general skills, pics) there's gonna be Panathinaikos 1969-1972. Obviously Ferenc Puskas won't be pana. manager in the game because he's already playing for honved ;)

I'm gonna get the players soon, I'm not really sure I can get all of their pictures, don't know if that's a must, since I didn't have the chance to play with your previous version.

I guess you wanna see the kits as well, that I can show through videos from the 1971 final, though last season's shirt was almost identical, so you could use PAO's FM09 kit as well

@Deus:

If I have much difficulty in collecting information on early 70s Panathinaikos, I guess it wouldn't be bad if I posted the team from 93-96, which won 2 domestic league, 2 domestic cups, and also reached CL semis, where we beat Ajax(but lost home). It was one of the biggest successes in European football as Ajax was unbeaten at home for over 2 years at the time :)

So if you give me some weeks time, I think I can manage to come up with a reasonable sized squad of around 23 players, but if you want me to hurry, I think the mid 90s team can be done much quicker, and it also features some better known players in Europe like Saravakos(who was wanted by many clubs earlier in his career, including Juventus), Warzycha(who was really an amazing striker, with over 350 goals at PAO), Borelli(Argentine international), Donis(you might know him from Blackburn) and a few others.

I'm kind of in a dilemma, as both teams featured great players.

Eleftherakis, a midfielder from the 70s team, would have gone to Real Madrid for a large sum, but the dictatorship in Greece refused him the right to leave. Domazos was the best Greek player at the time, and still not many players are considered to have been better than him. Antoniadis was the best Greek goalscorer ever.

Panathinaikos also had a bright spell between 1983 and 1986, but that's almost as difficult to find as the 70s, so I'd rather this be between the 70s and the 90s.

I've already started working on the 70s team, but if you prefer to have results much much quicker, please tell me so ;)

I'm not in a hurry: i think it would be better to have the team with more info and pics about the players, staff,way of playing so on...so i'd go with mid 90s team. And take your time: the database will be out on April ;)

P.S. It would be great if you make a sort of excel sheet with the list of the players, the age they have at that time, their ca/pa (try to be reasonable :D) and something about their skills. For example

Name: xxxxx Age: xxxx Position: xxxx ca: xxxx pa: xxx Skills: talented midfielder, very fast, lethal in the hair. Lack concentration and heading

Something like that would be extremeley helpful :)

Just to say, in my Jimmy Bloomfield's Leicester submission, I forgot to say that Mark Wallington and Frank Worthington should both have the "Gets fans going" box ticked.

Also, I didn't put the ages, which I can post if it will help, I have a book with the information and DOB and place of birth etc. for every player who ever played for Leicester in it.

deus do you have a sheffield united side in mind? I could give you some info if you need

By the way how did you start with this db, is it clear of current players? I'd love to try something similar but there's easy way to clear the data is there?

Deus, I'm almost done with PAO 1993-96. It's a 26man squad, I have made quite a detailed excel file with most information you will need. All is left is the pictures of 8 players, and the assignment of squad numbers. By Monday, Panathinaikos can be inserted in your database ;)

The CA/PA I posted is extremely realistic, and if you have any doubts about some players that you might consider that are being inflated, I can explain to you why and I can even show you on video that it's close to reality.

Btw, are the created teams going to be competing in a non-relegation division, or are they gonna be randomly scattered?

MIR17: I've create your leicester side a few days ago so don't worry about players ages. And I will add gets fan going to both worthington and wallington :D

steellaad: i'll let you know soon if i'm going to make sheffield side. And my database i not clear of every current players. I've erased only strong players and players belonging to the teams created/edited

Boom: thank you very much! I really appreciate the work you're doing. You can send me the excel file here: deus84@hotmail.it . Up to now i haven't created any teams so i don't know what to say :(

Thanks deus, it would be early 70's side i think. They got some high placed finishes and could have won the league the last day in the year that derby won it.

So how did you clear them? As far as i can see theres no delete option so did you overwrite players or make them CA=1?

how bout the 95 ajax squad that played consecutive champions leauge finals in 95 and 96 (only winning one unfortunately).

They had a great squad coached by Louis van Gaal playing amazing atractive attacking football with the likes of v.d. Sar, Seedorf, Davids, Kluivert, Litmanen, Overmars, de Boer x2 among others

would be great!

this might help: http://www.ronaldzwiers.0catch.com/Ajax/1995.htm

I agree, this was one of the best teams of the past few decades for a few years! Litmanen's CA should be around 190, one of the few players of the past two decades to get around the same amount of assists as Xavi even though he scored just as many as he assisted. Was the top scorer in the CL as well from the hole. He is still in the game and has fantastic techincal stats so shouldn't be too hard to him realistic as the fm attributes he has are quite accurate.

I agree, this was one of the best teams of the past few decades for a few years! Litmanen's CA should be around 190, one of the few players of the past two decades to get around the same amount of assists as Xavi even though he scored just as many as he assisted. Was the top scorer in the CL as well from the hole. He is still in the game and has fantastic techincal stats so shouldn't be too hard to him realistic as the fm attributes he has are quite accurate.

In his 2009 version he made the 1970s ajax team

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am. Up to now 1,050 players have been created plus managers, stadiums, refeeres, awards. Besides, i've edited the economical "side" of each team. The Serie A is almost complete (3 teams missing), the EPL too (5 or 6 teams missing). I've made a few career simulation and everything seems to work fine :)

Archived