FM08 Feature Blog: Transfers / Contracts / Bonuses

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A question regarding transfers. The papers have been full of talk this season about Lampard and Ronaldinho potentially buying out their contracts so they can move to another club. I think the rule is that if you're 28 or over, and have been at your club for 5 or more years you can do this. Any idea if this is in FM08?

Glad to see that the countdown to a 2nd nationality is in the game...actually I noticed this in one of the screenshots so it's not new to me. Along the same lines, I would like to be able to see somewhere on the player profile screen whether the player is homegrown or not. Perhaps a category called "mother club" could be placed on the same screen that shows favorite staff and players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eldinter:

Glad to see that the countdown to a 2nd nationality is in the game...actually I noticed this in one of the screenshots so it's not new to me. Along the same lines, I would like to be able to see somewhere on the player profile screen whether the player is homegrown or not. Perhaps a category called "mother club" could be placed on the same screen that shows favorite staff and players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very useful addition. Will lower the WP thread frequencies hopefully icon_smile.gif

The new transfer and contract stuff all sounds excellent to be honest icon14.gif

I'm loving the fact that you will now be able to sign young Brazilians and Argentinians etc. I'd just like to ask, how will the work permits work?

Will this be decided when the player first signs the contract or when they're due to move to your club? Will being able to sign young foreign players only really be a benefit if they've already played a load of internationals or you've get a work permit feeder club?

The more I read about the new game the more I can't wait to play it.

With the new financial results Arsenal seems to be in a healthy position. Also there are quotes that they have 70 mil pounds available for transfers. I wanna ask how is their financial health on the FM08. I know that it won't be 70 mil, but can you give me some hint?

Thanks

Yeah, pre-contract option is great! Just one question. Can I make a player join the club before he is available for competetive matches? Alexandre Pato can't play for Milan until the new year because he turned 18 after the transfer deadline. But he have joined the club and is training with them. Will this be possible in FM?

Excellent blog, I am already thinking...

haha.

I play a lot of games, and geekily completed 3 this week to make some time for FM.....shocking...what a waste of time icon_wink.gif

I must say how brilliant it is that FM go to real lengths to give FM gamers an excellent experience, can't wait to see this in action.

Brazilians too?...its like a little piece of heaven lol

Loving the pre-contracts aswell, but the thing that really made my day is the new wage/transfer budget system. It made me angry in previous releases where say you have a star player, especially someone youve made through the youth ranks.

He loves the club, and the club has him as favored player, its time to renew his contract, he asks for a raise, it can be from 500 pounds in lower leagues to 10000 in a mid table premiership side, point is regardless the board made no difference between the star and homebred player and the random player, and you just cant offer him the extra money, regardless of how small the difference could be.

Its not very likely Soton would let Le Tissiers contract run out back in the day because he wanted a little more money. The gain in his general play and presence will far outweigh any reasonable cost in higher wages. So i really wanted an option to get the extra money.

If theres a way to either buyout or suggest to the board to buyout debts in this game i will be over the moon. Say you have £2m in debt untill 2020, but your balance is £50m which ive seen. It would be really nice to be able to get rid of debts icon_smile.gif

I appreciate a lot your works for new FM 2008,

but i still don't understand why you don't fix some features that are very important in some nations:

ex. (for Italy, but also for Argentina i think) it must be added the possibility of loan players that are in co-ownership and of buying just 50% of a player who is in co-ownership.

I mean: if a player X (ex. Caracciolo) is co-owned by team Y (ex. Sampdoraia) e Z (Palermo) another team (ex. Napoli) could make an offer to have the player on loan or buy just the 50& owned by Palermo so the player will be owned by Samp e Napoli.

So is it a very hard features to add???

i was playing the demo for a bit and Mascherano had a contract expiring at the end of the current season. As I didn't want him to leave we entered contract negotiations.

He initially wanted £56k per week but I offered £52k for two negotiations.

He declined them both and subsequently asked for £60k, which I had to accept.

Will this be the case in the official game or is the player likely to reduce his expectations as managing the wage budget will be key

• 2 weeks later...

Love the revamped transfers. Used two of these rules to my advantage in my Palermo game. Signed Breno from Sao Paulo to a pre-contract and then I was able to knock over 100K off my wage budget in order to pay 9M for Robert Enke of Hannover. Very nice features indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Help please.

I have had the following message in my inbox (FM08)

"OGC NICE have been unable to renew the contract of Cedric Kante"

Everything he asked for was given, I have used the budget adjustment to ensure i have plenty of room in the actual vs wage budget.

? I am a bit lost on this? any help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question. I want to know some tips for the transfer period ... because I always try to sell my players (all kind of players, valuables, young, happy, unsettled) ... and I can't ... no one makes me offer for the players ... I use the Offer to Clubs option too ... I transfer-list them ... but :-?? no one offer me 10 euro for the players ... who can help me ? am I wrong somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am not really sure about why my players decline new contracts. I am a manager of Reading.

Firstly, they are playing first team football at the moment. When I offer them a new contract with higher wages than before, their agents said they are not currently interest on signing??? Any ideas why?

Archived