Arsenal - England, What to expect?

DE-Z

Arsenal.jpg[/img]

After reading a thread about an Athletic Bilbao challenge with them only being able to sign Basque players, I decided enough was enough and decided to try something. I decided to make Arsenal an all English team, right from the scouts to the very last under 18. I've sold every foreign player and i'm eager to see how we do. That's my current squad and believe it or not it's extremely hard to replace with English talent. My first game is against Stoke. I'm just hoping I avoid relegation...

Where are Foster, Jagielka and Baines? They are all insanely easy to pick up. Foster would cost you around £4-8m. Jagielka would cost you £6.5m and Baines would cost you around £10m. Guthrie is another one you are missing who cost's around £6.5m and even though he just signed for Newcastle he is still willing to sign for a new club.

Otherwise, goodluck with it! ;)

Thanks intercept I shall make them purchases now. I'm hoping that I don't destroy Arsenal. If I don't make the Champions League the consequences could be drastic with me paying out over 4mil a month on loans.

Omg you've signed Joey Barton, for 6.75 mil pounds no less.

You're missing out Mattock and a decent goalie like Foster. In fact your team is quite weak. Dun think your team can cut it. Shouldn't you have a more than decent transfer fund after selling your players? Can put in a number of bids for better players.

No offence but your team is a bit rubbish. I did the same thing with Aston Villa and finished 4th first season, won the Prem 2nd season. My only signings first transfer window were Foster, Jagielka, Mattock and Beckham, with Glen Johnson following in January, then Owen on a free next summer and possibly one or two other minor players. Delfouneso becomes an absolute beast which helped me a lot, but with Arsenal you really should have a better squad than that.

Yeah funny squad that one.

Missing Mattock, Delph, Foster, Glen Johnson, Beckham, Jagielka and a bunch of other guys are would be easy to sign but better than your lot.

Jagielka and Beckham are absolute beasts from the start and cost very very cheap. I think maybe even Gerrard or Rooney could have came to your squad early on but meh good luck~!

With the sale of Fabregas, Toure, Adebayore etc. you could have picked up way more talent than what you have. Most of your team is U19s, are trying to build a squad where you will have the same players for up to 15 seasons? I would have looked at a few of Villa's players and even players like Lee Cattermole, Defoe, Crouch... any of which you should have enough money with all of your sales.

Just to answer a few questions,

Mattock and Foster have now been bought.

I didn't really expect to go too far in the game, so didn't spend time planning out who to buy really.

I'm on a new update so Adebayor etc. have left.

I've been given 25% of transfer revenue which sums up to around 29 mil on top of the 26 mil already recieved :\.

Thinking of making a career out of it. Would it be a worthwile read?

Thanks.

How much did you get in total?

Also why would you only get 25 percent of the transfer revenue. I would have looked for at least eh following amounts and I think you can get most of them judged on previous experience. Fabregas you could get £40 million, Arshavin £15 million, Eduardo £15 million, Bendtner £10 million, Song £10 million, Diaby £10 million, Nasri £20 million, Rosicky £10 million, Vermaelen £10 million, Gallas £10 million thats alot more than what you actually got. Any chance of seeing a screenshot of your transfers out?

As for the career I don't tend to stick to many but I would read one about this and keep up with it in the career updates forum.

You need to buy more established players like people have already said Beckham might not be a good replacement for Fabregas but he has great stats.

i've made in fm08 i think at liverpool the same thing (the team was built around stevie g and carra) ... i suggest you to sign some of these players: glen johnson, michael johnson, micah richards, ben foster, james vaughan, jose baxter, frank noble, ashley young, james milner, curtis davies, agbonlahor, owen, sturridge, welbeck, bentley, jenas, huddlestone, downing, baines, jagielka, onuoha, delph, shelvey, ishmael miller, joe mattock, mancienne, danny rose, ryan bertrand, andy carroll, andrew driver, fraizer campbell, fraser forster, lee cattermole, muamba, lennon, defoe, even becks would be good player, young talents might learn from him, you need some experience in that team

Yep, I'll upload it A.S.A.P. I'm half way through writing a story/career based on the beginning of it so i'll let you know as soon as I'm done. Also got a bit of BioChemistry coursework to complete so be on soon :).

Thanks for the positive comments (Y)

Very nice - Im doing a similar thing with Man Utd, however im keeping the good players i.e ronaldo and waiting till they are 29+ and selling them to make way for english talent.

Theo is really hard to buy on my game.

He is hard to buy because you are Arsenals rival.

Im gonna give this a try. However my only rule will be that I'm only allowed to SIGN Englishmen. I can use current players (mainly because I love Arshavin!)

EDT -this is just to keep it a bit realistic. I think to expect to do this after having just a month to make the changes is really not very clever...but will try to get rid of quite a few foreigners in the first season.

Archived