The FM08/FM09 Ultimate CSE League - Enter your Small Club to Big Club Team Now!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club Used: Gloucester City

Small to Big Club CHallenge Used: Dafuge's Challenge

Version: FM09

Summary of Why: Starting with a sub-1000 rep team which did not even own a stadium, I quickly moved up the leagues, reaching the EPL in the 20/21 season. The challenge was finally completed in 24/25, and in the following season the club went on to win the EPL title and CL title again, as well as the FA Cup, Community Shield, Club World Cup and UEFA Super Cup - only failing to win the Carling Cup (which we won back in 2023). With a deadly strikeforce, I think my team will be able to challenge the best the forum has to offer

Link to season update: Here

Let me know if I am worthy of a place in the Ultimate CSE League, if I am I will upload the save and PM you a link.

Cheers,

Mark

Paul,

I have just emailed you my save.

A couple of notes with the Gloucester ground (which is currently owned by Cirencester Town), it was expanded to 12,500 on entering the EPL, and a 28,284 Gloucester Stadium is currently under construction - not sure if you want to incorporate any of this into your database.

Also, I was thinking it might be interesting having a Man U or Real Madrid in the Ultimate CSE league just to see how our teams compare to the big teams of 2009 (and it would also reduce your databse creation time) - what do you think?

I'm terribly sorry I haven't replied to this earlier. I've been to busy to even turn my computer on lately. :(

And I'm even more sorry I can't be part of this cause my save game is no longer. I played my game on my laptop and it saw the end of it's life a month ago. :( I got a brand new stationary I'm playing on now though :D

I'll bookmark this thread though, gonna be an interesting read if you can get this going :thup:

1. FM08 Softies - Softies team from the FM08 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Fisher Athletic)
  2. FM08 Monkeys - Monkeys team from the FM08 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Solihull Moors)
  3. FM09 Softies - Softies team from the FM09 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Braintree Town)
  4. FM09 Monkeys - Monkeys team from the FM09 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Blyth Spartans)
  5. Estudiantes Santander - DodgeeD
  6. Savona - iacovone
  7. Dartford - dafuge
  8. Guangdong Rizhiquan - TaylorB
  9. Barito Putra Banjarmasin - JSalter
  10. FC Sachsen Leipzig - el sid
  11. Chippenham Town - MikaelS
  12. FC United - michaelmurrayuk
  13. Knockbreda - NepentheZ
  14. Domegliara - PRDH
  15. Wealdstone - kaNovi
  16. Gloucester City - Marky Mark!
  17. Adelaide United - Ethan13

Two things -

1. The bold shows the save games that I have at the moment, so if you haven't got your name in bold then that means I haven't got your game yet. I'm fairly certain that dafuge has sent me his, but I must have lost it because I don't have it in the folder where I've got all the other ones.

2. There are still four places remaining, so if anyone is interested and fits the 'rules' then by all means please join.

I'm fairly certain that dafuge has sent me his, but I must have lost it because I don't have it in the folder where I've got all the other ones.

I haven't sent it yet, although I have finished my season and saved and zipped the file, it just needs sending/uploading.

What does everyone think I should do with regards to a 'season preview' like you usually see in magazines/newspapers in July, giving you a short but fairly informative summary of each team. I was originally planning to do them myself, but realistically it's the guys that have managed the teams that know their team a hell of a lot better than I do.

I think the original criteria I had was:

• Small paragraph or so on the background of the team, how they were doing in their save game, e.g - Arshanal FC have been a key part of the Premier League for 10 years. During this time they have won 3 league titles, 4 F.A Cups and 0 Champions League's. Obviously a little bit more than that as that's just two sentences, but I hope you get the general idea
  • How you think they'll do, e.g - I think Arshanal FC have a good chance of challenging for the CSE Ultimate League crown. A little bit more than sentence perhaps, but there's no minimum really. A little bit of Bias predicting is of course more than welcome.
  • Squad summary/analysis - I'm not looking for essay's here, but at least a sentence or so on each position (GK, DF, MF & ATT) is the minimum.
  • Key Player/s - Again, I'm not looking for essays here but a paragraph or so on the key players at the club, who will be crucial to the team if they are to do well etc.
  • Additional Information - This wasn't in there originally, but if people want to they can use this space to put any additonal information if they want.

Do compressed save games work Paul?

yeah you can compress it if you want, I should be able to uncompress it after downloading it anyway :thup:

Good to hear we nearly have a full league. How far have you got with the editing Paul? Have you run any more tests?

I'm up to Savona at the moment, Rizhiquan is next as I am saving dafuge's until last.

When you've finished editing the teams can you send us a list of the players that are in the game. I remember you saying you might not include youth players, and I'm now about 2 years ahead of the save so will need a quick reminder of who I am actually dealing with. Cheers.

Ah Savona (the future champions) are being created :).

I think we should draw up a list of potential top goalscorers, assist(ers), goalkeepers, etc for the end of year awards and do a sweepstake on it. I'm throwing all my money on Badini top goalscorer :D!

Pah! Savona! I laugh at your puny Italian side. All shall fall in front of the might Domes! Il Nuovi Rossoneri - led by Pastore and Lucero will blow all competition out of the window.

Seriously though, I feel my team now might have a better shot. Never mind. I like my chances.

What do you all think of my initial idea of having one or two of the 'big teams' from FM09 in this leauge so we can see how good we really are compared to the champions of the past (it would also take up one or two of the remaing spots and save on editing time)?

I think it could be interesting...

What do you all think of my initial idea of having one or two of the 'big teams' from FM09 in this leauge so we can see how good we really are compared to the champions of the past (it would also take up one or two of the remaing spots and save on editing time)?

Nah not for me. Presumably some of us will meet the big clubs in European competition if I'm not mistaken?

Nah not for me. Presumably some of us will meet the big clubs in European competition if I'm not mistaken?

I agree with iacovone i'm afraid Mark. As a reader, i'd much prefer it to be an all users league, and they should meet some big teams in European competitions.

Actually Paul, how does it work with the teams who are being replaced? Are you just straight up replacing the teams or moving the teams who were in the league originally somewhere else?

That is probably worded terribly, and this has probably already been answered somewhere. Hmm.

I have quite a few :):

I can PM them if they are interested if you need more teams...

it's definitely worth a try to see if they are interested :thup:

I agree with iacovone i'm afraid Mark. As a reader, i'd much prefer it to be an all users league, and they should meet some big teams in European competitions.

Actually Paul, how does it work with the teams who are being replaced? Are you just straight up replacing the teams or moving the teams who were in the league originally somewhere else?

That is probably worded terribly, and this has probably already been answered somewhere. Hmm.

It was worded quite badly but I understand what you are trying to say. So far I have just straight swapped the worse teams with the newer teams into the league, E.G - Fm08 Softies with Hull, FM08 Monkeys with Stoke etc. Once in there I swapped the created sides with the sides in Europe. However I have edited England's coefficient so only 2 or 3 teams are in Europe, this will make sure teams aren't crippled/tired so much, to put it scientifically it makes for a 'fairer test'.

I had contemplated putting in the likes of Man United & Barcelona as well, but I think as good an idea as it is in theory, in practice the point of the sign up is to see which CSE side is the best, so to have Barcelona or Man United winning it (not that they would ;)) would perhaps be a bit crap. However once the sign up is eventually over (seems like a lifetime away!), I may consider placing say the best 10 or so CSE sides, in a season with the best 10 or so sides from real life.

I am in my new season with Adelaide United but if I am allowed to enter this then I will try and finish it as quick as possible. I have completed the domestic side of the challenge and have won the ACL. The only thing I haven't completed is the CWC and the international side of the challenge. I think it would be interesting to see if we would pick up any points at all.

So if I am allowed to enter I will try and finish the season quickly and then do the official entry form.

I am in my new season with Adelaide United but if I am allowed to enter this then I will try and finish it as quick as possible. I have completed the domestic side of the challenge and have won the ACL. The only thing I haven't completed is the CWC and the international side of the challenge. I think it would be interesting to see if we would pick up any points at all.

So if I am allowed to enter I will try and finish the season quickly and then do the official entry form.

you are allowed to enter :thup:

Ummm, not so sure that my regens will stand up to the English and Italian giants. :p Estudiantes Santander lack a consistent goalscorer but I bet Juan Manuel Lomeli could start in any back 4 in the world. ;) Watch out for Riveros and Jadson on the wings too. :thup:

Archived