Looking to bring in some U18's

Hi guys,

I need to bolster my Man City U18 squad. These players need to develop into future possible stars or have a decent sell on poential.

I need a couple of players for each position but at a age of 16 what stats do i need to look for in the filter? Has anyone writen a guide?

Cheers

Scout around, filter for under 18 players, should be some guides around the place, I did restriction of max age 18, 17 or whatever and my Ajax scout had great regens available. Make sure Judging player potential is high with your scouts.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=113617

This is great for when looking for regens, search the teams a youth academy's and you'll find great youngsters.

Its useful to have youngsters with high natural fitness and determination. This makes them work hard and advance quicker.

Physical stats are always useful to have, but they develop naturally to an extent, so if they don't look amazing its not the end of the world.

Positionally, for CBs look for high tackling, marking and heading. Concentration is also important, but mental stats increase with age.

Midfielders need good passing and a number of mentals. Technique is also important. Other stats are important depending on their midfield position. IE: wingers need crossing etc

Strikers need good finishing, composure and heading. Dribbling and first touch is also useful.

Examples of good U18s would be John Fleck (Rangers), Henri Saivet (Bordeaux).

Look for stats you think are important, with one eye on their rough overall ability.

Not sure if this was the sort of thing you were asking for lol :)

Stats like determination are important, and high natural fitness reduces risk of injury and increases physical growth. Also, on the 'Personal' screen, you can see their personality. I'm not sure which personalities are good or bad, you can probably work it out from their description, but they do affect how they train. 'Professional' players will train hard etc

Some youngsters will not show up in your filter, so it doesn't hurt to look through teams around the world for young players, but this is a long process, and not for everyone :)

Archived