How do you sell a player?

No, seriously. Don't answer just "wait for bid, then negotiate, finally press "accept bid" and "confirm transfer". "

How do you sell a player?

I play as Ajax, it's Summer 2009. I've just won Eredivisie and interest is high about some of my players. Naming: Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Aissati, Sarpong, Sulejmani, Gabri, Bruno Silva, Emanuelson, van der Wiel have all been "wanted" by some of the clubs during last couple of weeks.

There's no name on this list who I'd like to get rid of as a deadwood. But I'm ready to sell my star players when good offer comes. But there's no enquiris or offers. I just see "wnt" note next to players name.

I don't want to upset my squad harmony. So I'm not offering anybody out to the teams. But I haven't received any enquirys or offers as well.

So, what can I do to get some bids to my players?

Have you set a price for them? If you set a really high price, then teams are highly unlikely to approach you (it's a good trick to avoid having players unsettled). Just leave it at "undefined" and whenever there are rumours maybe say "sell for the right price"? That's the best I can think of.

Its irritating but I have players that are wanted by other teams for one whole season with loads of rumours, but no club will bid for them.

Sometimes a club will put a 5million bid for my 5million value star striker, which is quite ridiculous. And after I reject, they still have the audacity to come back with the same offer.

If you're willing to sell, don't reject the bid, negotiate it instead. If you keep rejecting, they never raise their bid.

Negotiate?They offer 10 mil for my star striker.I ask for 15 so maybe they will offer 12.5.And the AI just withdraw.It like that with every bid the AI makes.

If you're willing to sell, don't reject the bid, negotiate it instead. If you keep rejecting, they never raise their bid.

I've seen the opposite of what you're saying several times. AI bids, I reject, AI returns with a higher offer, I reject, AI returns with an even higher offer, I reject, AI goes away.

I've seen the opposite of what you're saying several times. AI bids, I reject, AI returns with a higher offer, I reject, AI returns with an even higher offer, I reject, AI goes away.

I'm in this boat, always find bids get increased with rejecting and the ai coming back with an increased offer. Negotiating never seems to work for me, I probably ask for too much

I have to say I have rarely seen a rejected offer which then gets returned with a higher bid. It is something of an annoyance really, especially when you have a better replacement lined up but don't want to buy without getting rid of your current player.

Archived