Has your wonderkid ever gone on to be world class? *Probably player naming*

As title says really.

Never achieved this myself, closest I had was Babel in 07, he was amazing and was easily the best wonderkid I've ever had the pleasure to manage.

Unfortunately, he never quite made it to be described as "world class", but he was one of the best players I have managed to develop.

So, how about you?

Screenshots would be nic if possible:)

A long time in the future in my Dafuge FC United save, I had a Spanish regen come up through my youth academy (I was in league 2 at the time) At age 16 he made his debut for me as I needed the players due to no cash, he played wonderfully well for half a season and actually at age 17 became a regular in my side.

As I rose up a division or 2 he became the lynchpin of my side and at 22 I really didnt have any other option but to name him as my Captain (he was in the Roy Keane mold) Little did I know it but he was described as a world class player playing for me in the Championship (I hadnt looked at his profile for ages) and I had Milan and Barca coming in with mega bids of 14/15m which was huge for a little club like FC United. I accepted, and he continually rejected the offers as 'he would find it difficult to leave FC United'

He played for me, and Captained the side, from the age of 22 through to when he retired at 35, leading the club to the premiership and beyond. He retired an FC United legend (according to game info) and is now my Assistant Manager, Suffice to say he was the best player I ever had!

Javier, FC United legend, I salute you!

AlexBychkov.jpg

6RayFleming.png

Those two players are the only two players i've had that went from 'Wonderkid' to 'World Class'.

The first player, Bychkov, I originally missed out on him to Barcelona when he was younger then to my surprise I seen him transfer listed for £9m six months later and knew I had to have him. He was already on 'Wonderkid' status when I signed him at 19. That's an ealier screenshot, at 23 he was 'World-Class'.

Fleming was my one and only player in any FM to come from my Academy and actually get into the first-team. The first season when he was 16 I got him I seen he had promise so gave him a few sub appearances then second season he just took off and by 18 he was my first-choice CM. By 22 he had pushed Gerrard out of the England first eleven and was a 'World Class Midfielder' and was my captain. I have no doubt that if I hadn't lost that save due to a corrupted laptop he was have been a club legend.

Oh how I miss that save :(

My problem is that when I am Rangers I have had loads of youth players who would really be wonderkids but that does not show up becasue of the poor league reputation that Scotland has even after 14 successful years in.

What I sometimes did was loan them out to epl teams and then within a couple of games they would be wonderkids. This got annoying after a while as I have won the champ league 7 years in a row and Scottish football clubs have dramatically improved in Europe.

Most players will eventually show up as world class though they just miss the wonderkid part out.

In my current save I have 9 players in my 24 man squad from academy. 5 of them could be in my ideal first eleven and I know there is already couple more 17&18 years old who may join the squad next year. They are not all having great stats but I tend to play them more often, first of all they are cheap in wages so I can have more wage budget left for external stars and secondly they all love the club and me :) so team spirit is high. I did not won everything and I'm not even sure if it is possible with this approach but at least I'm enjoying the game and so far we are always doing better than previous season which matters most for me( it is now beginning of season six )

I recently decided that from now on if I buy a new player he must be 21 years old or younger and must be playing in his youth national team. Only excepion is Goalkeepers. Actually at the moment I have only one player over age 30 and it is my GK. I'm even thinking to bring bunch of unknown 16 years old African kids to club and see how they progress :)

Had an 18yo Spanish regen called Eneko Megias at Parma. He was a wonderkid by the time he was 20. Sadly, he was also a picky get and refused to sign a new contract with me, so i ended up losing him for only £13 million plus 25% of next transfer. He turned world class at Udinese within 6 months, then Barca came in with a bid of £45 million for him.

Got another one just now, Argentinian U20 midfielder called Basilio Iglesias. Got him tied up for 5 years, so i'm not losing out on this deal.

Archived