Strange managerial changes

Always the way with any past CM/FM game from my experience. In one game Alex Ferguson was sacked, replaced by Gary Megson and Fergie went off and managed Bournmouth.

It's all the fun of the fair icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Seems like Dowie to Tyneside and Taylor to Leicester is almost a given, happened in my game too. So far I've not seen anything too weird with managerial moves, and some have been pleasingly plausible. Mind you, Palace have already sacked whoever they replaced Dowie with (I forget) so it will be interesting to see who gets that job.

Are we all experiencing Chelsea being rubbish, by the way? They're about 6th in the Prem on January 1st, 2006 on my PSP.

In my game Chelsea are invincible for the first few seasons.

Also, if FM is going to be more realistic, there is absolutely no chance at all (never in a million years!!) that Taylor would ever be appointed manager of Leicester again. He single handedly destroyed our Premiership status and us fans have never forgiven him. All hell would break lose if Peter Taylor was ever in charge of Leicester again.

Marc from SI - take note! This is a serious matter!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leicesterfan:

In my game Chelsea are invincible for the first few seasons.

Also, if FM is going to be more realistic, there is absolutely no chance at all (never in a million years!!) that Taylor would ever be appointed manager of Leicester again. He single handedly destroyed our Premiership status and us fans have never forgiven him. All hell would break lose if Peter Taylor was ever in charge of Leicester again.

Marc from SI - take note! This is a serious matter! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

READ IT :p

Just as a follow-up to my post, Palace have now filled their post. They appointed Ian Holloway from QPR, which I thought was feasible. QPR filled their hot-seat with freshly sacked Stuart Pearce, while his Man City post was filled by Alan Curbishley. I won't be applying for the Charlton job...

• SI Staff

Its normally not 'too' bad in game, but if you start as a big club then it can upset things a bit and lead to some odd appointments.

Its definitely something which needs more tlc and it'll recieve it before the next version comes out ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On my game Dowie went to Newcastle,As a result of me managing Arsenal,Wenger went to palace and Taylor went to Leicster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get that all the time.

Maintaining my fascinating updates...

Glenn Hoddle left Molineux for Charlton. Martin Jol got sacked with Spurs 9 points above the relegation zone in January and has been replaced by Mark Hughes.

Oh, going back to Peter Taylor moving to Leicester, he was replaced by Dario Gradi who was replaced by Russel Slade who was replaced by Nigel Clough who was ZZZzzzzzz.......

More fascianting updates:

the Wolves job finally got filled by Martin Jol, while Blackburn plumped for Paul Sturrock, getting a second go at managing in the Premiership.

Meanwhile, my Scarborough team have to concentrate on the league after a loss on penalties in the FA Trophy to local rivals York :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived