FM 2010 price 29.99 US on Steam.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the Steam pop-up and apparently it's 50€ in the EU, so "just" a 30€ difference compared to the US. Guess I won't be buying this game through Steam either.

What happened to the "promise" of digital distribution lowering the price of games, or at the very least being cheaper or equal priced than the boxed versions...

I think I wait for the retail version as racing games are not what I prefer and the price is a bit high, even for danish standards (which says a lot). I think it is unfair that people in the US gets everything (when it comes to digital games) much cheaper than europeans, how can that be?

I think I wait for the retail version as racing games are not what I prefer and the price is a bit high, even for danish standards (which says a lot). I think it is unfair that people in the US gets everything (when it comes to digital games) much cheaper than europeans, how can that be?

In Canada we pay a little more than states but we do pay alot less than what Europeans have to pay. I think this is because...

1: European Game Companies are taxed much higher than companies in States, so European Game companies have to sell the game for that much more,

2: Exchange Rate

3: Everything costs more in Europe anyways

Steam is far from conventient, after i installed my game got the update i just manually removed steam and then reinstalled fm and fm still activated on my laptop so i now just run it without steam taking up hard drive space and slowing down my laptop anymore

it slows down my desktop something awful and those pop ups with steam offers just really annoying

first of all

it doesn't slow down , it must be something else

second you can turn the offers down -.-

go to settings, interface untick the notify option

and last :

50 ****ing euros? its time to order from spain again

SEGA STOP STEALING PORTUGUESE PEOPLE DAMIT

Just got the Steam pop-up and apparently it's 50€ in the EU, so "just" a 30€ difference compared to the US. Guess I won't be buying this game through Steam either.

What happened to the "promise" of digital distribution lowering the price of games, or at the very least being cheaper or equal priced than the boxed versions...

that promise was BS

publishers are money hungry idiots

Tax.... Tax............... TAX. Americans don't like the government touching our money, therefore we have lower taxes, which in turn creates lower game costs. Don't worry tho, we pay for it by having an absurd infant mortality rate.

Edit: And yes I realize game tax and health care are two unrelated areas, just trying to explain :)

The reason that steam charges more is because they kinda have to. Retailers make them charge more because they buy in the stock, advertise and sell on site, all they do is allow you to download it. A little while back steam games were cheaper, retailers cried not only because they were undercutting them with little cost to themselves distribution and collection wise but they were also available BEFORE they were in any shops. So yeah they whined, now they have to be more expensive and also in many cases be released AFTER retail can release them, its totally opposite of what it was like last year.

Steam decides the prices, not the publishers.

Nope its the publisher who sets price not steam ,

The reason that steam charges more is because they kinda have to. Retailers make them charge more because they buy in the stock, advertise and sell on site, all they do is allow you to download it. A little while back steam games were cheaper, retailers cried not only because they were undercutting them with little cost to themselves distribution and collection wise but they were also available BEFORE they were in any shops. So yeah they whined, now they have to be more expensive and also in many cases be released AFTER retail can release them, its totally opposite of what it was like last year.

wrong too publishers cant allow digital to compete with retail so they put high prices on digital distribution

In India, Steam uses US version of pricing. $30 = INR 1500 which affordable to me.

But no Pre-order for me at this moment. I'll wait for famous X-mas sale season of steam and also I don't need any racing games, even if its free.

I also see today that you can pre order the "other" footie management game for the insane price of £2.51 !

2 very differant pricing schemes, I think I'll hold off on fm 10 untill the activation drm ect is announced or not but for £2.50 I'll skip dinner today and grab that

wrong too publishers cant allow digital to compete with retail so they put high prices on digital distribution

ermm, thats what i wrote.... with one exception, it is the shop retailers that made digital distribution more expensive and later releases.

I also see today that you can pre order the "other" footie management game for the insane price of £2.51 !

2 very differant pricing schemes, I think I'll hold off on fm 10 untill the activation drm ect is announced or not but for £2.50 I'll skip dinner today and grab that

£2.51p is too expensive for a game where the Demo is so ghastly that I've downloaded, installed, looked at, and removed it in disgust in under 10 minutes.

I've never seen anything so ugly, it looks like CM0102, and when I select my default res of 1920x1200 it's woeful.

No wonder they are giving it away.

I'll be happy enough with Steam this year at about £29.99-£34.99 :thup:

No, apparently the idea behind Steam is that the convenience of it is worth a 30% price hike.

But all it is a copy of a file, a boxed version has to be written to a disc, then there is the box and manual, the shipping to the stores, the stocking of the game and the staff that work in the stores. Steam must make a lot of money cutting all that out and charging more/the same.

SI is all about the money just like most other companies. Don't expect them to have reasonable prices anytime soon. Is probably better to wait till february when the public beta is done and the prices are lowered.

Its rip off Britain, theres no reason why digital downloads should priced differently in different countries.

Music companies charged the UK more for the same songs as they did in other EU countries.

Companies rip you off because people are suckers. Boycott steam and when they realise people from the EU arent buying their games, they will have to lower the price. But people are suckers and will pay more for a DRM infested download than they will for a boxed copy with manual.

first of all

it doesn't slow down , it must be something else

second you can turn the offers down -.-

go to settings, interface untick the notify option

and last :

50 ****ing euros? its time to order from spain again

SEGA STOP STEALING PORTUGUESE PEOPLE DAMIT

Revenge for the last world cup probably :p

But all it is a copy of a file, a boxed version has to be written to a disc, then there is the box and manual, the shipping to the stores, the stocking of the game and the staff that work in the stores. Steam must make a lot of money cutting all that out and charging more/the same.

Apparently the cost of the backend infrastructure (servers, bandwidth etc) necessary to support digital downloads means the cost isn't actually that much cheaper than traditional retail outlets.

Apparently the cost of the backend infrastructure (servers, bandwidth etc) necessary to support digital downloads means the cost isn't actually that much cheaper than traditional retail outlets.

It has to be cheaper, Steam's bandwidth and servers are always in constant use, unlike stores who keep games sat there for weeks before they are picked up.

This is gay... in Australia the price is $70 US... why do we have to pay more than double what the Americans do?

I was wondering what out price was going to be...

$70US huh.. What's that? 'Bout $85 Australian...

Shame thats going be through steam... I'll probably $100-$110 for the boxed version from Game or EB.

Oh well, do what I can to help the economy...

+ it doesn't help the new GTA IV DLC is released on the 29th :|

$39.99 USD = approx €28

Where I'm living right now, Steam is pricing it at €49.99.

€49.99 = approx $70 USD

Talk about getting ripped off. I love Europe and all, but these prices drive you mad.

I hate how they have a different price for each region, especially when it doesn't equal to the same amount in different currencies.

$39.99 USD = approx €28

€49.99 = approx $70 USD

Talk about getting ripped off. I love Europe and all, but these prices drive you mad.

I hate how they have a different price for each region, especially when it doesn't equal to the same amount in different currencies.

Just between us, but back before I got into FM I used to pirate FIFA Manager for this reason. it was totally unavailable in the US, 49.99 GBP off of most reputable websites (hooray exchange rate), and sites where it was cheaper were from Singapore and Thailand, so they were likely bootlegs. I did download FIFAM 09 legitimately when it came out on Steam, but switched to FM because FIFAM is way too easy and is not realistic at all.

FM isn't sold in Brazil, usually I buy from UK stores which don't charge for international shipping. It takes between 10-20 days to get here and it costs me less than R$100, cheaper than most games sold here. I don't like Steam and as I play on Mac, I need the boxed game.

Maybe it's quite off topic, but in Brazilian forums and even here I read many things about how piracy is big in Brazil. Of course it is, the game is not sold here and international credit card is not so common here (banking laws are a bit strict here), specially among younger people who probably are FM buyer. So Steam isn't a solution as well. I wonder why SI/Sega are more worried in fight piracy with this annoying DRM thing than making a better distribution of its game.

Question for the FM TEAM:

I'm from the US and the page says it is selling Football Manager 2010 so that means you guys finally got rid of the localization and stopped calling it Worldwide Soccer Manager 2010 and I can finally get the SAME GAME (WWSM doesn't work with fan made editors, trainers, n such) as the European lads?!?!

Please answer and I will preorder immediately and tell my friends to too!!!!!!!

Question for the FM TEAM:

I'm from the US and the page says it is selling Football Manager 2010 so that means you guys finally got rid of the localization and stopped calling it Worldwide Soccer Manager 2010 and I can finally get the SAME GAME (WWSM doesn't work with fan made editors, trainers, n such) as the European lads?!?!

Please answer and I will preorder immediately and tell my friends to too!!!!!!!

same question, if it is football manager 2010, i will preorder on steam immediately, haha

FM isn't sold in Brazil, usually I buy from UK stores which don't charge for international shipping. It takes between 10-20 days to get here and it costs me less than R$100, cheaper than most games sold here. I don't like Steam and as I play on Mac, I need the boxed game.

Maybe it's quite off topic, but in Brazilian forums and even here I read many things about how piracy is big in Brazil. Of course it is, the game is not sold here and international credit card is not so common here (banking laws are a bit strict here), specially among younger people who probably are FM buyer. So Steam isn't a solution as well. I wonder why SI/Sega are more worried in fight piracy with this annoying DRM thing than making a better distribution of its game.

I'm also from Brasil, and i'm finally gonna be able to buy the original game :cool:

I always wanted to buy it, i play CM/FM since CM 97/98, and i'm a huge fan since. But i never had the option to buy it, the game was never sold in here, so i had no option but to play the pirate version.

Actually i think Steam is the perfect solution (for me it's way better than using a disc), but it would be nice to have the option to buy the disc. For many people, like Alexandre, Steam is not an option, so they have to play the pirate version.

Piracy is huge in Brasil, but i'm sure the game would sell well in here, would probably sell more than in many european countries.

Can we please get a confirmation to see if the Steam version is same as the European version in both name and files and not the WWSM?

Good luck, I have asked now multiple times if it will be coming out the same day as in Europe and no one has responed to me yet.

$39.99 USD = approx €28

€49.99 = approx $70 USD

Steam has always been ridiculously expensive in Europe for virtually every title. It's nothing new.

Archived