Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Minsterman

The Official sortitoutsi.net Update 2009

Well I think some of the ratings are off for some players.

Niko is very good in the middle of the pitch and should be made to look like that not decent when put as a Left Mid and Central Mid.

Defoe is better then decent

Crouch same

Pav same(all those 3 are good players and defoe is possibly quality)

Wilson is a star and also Aaron Lennon is amazing.

Injuries are a bit weird. All my injured players are out for 7 weeks to 3 months. I find that a bit weird.

Some things I noticed.

One last thing injury bug is awful in this version. My whole team is sidelined literally and also in Pre season you only are allowed 3 subs when in real life you can sub the bench if you like.

Good update mate just a few missing from Everton, Anton Peterlin and Cody Arnoux who were signed from America and young Luke Garbutt signed fom Leeds.

Good update! I appriaciate all your hard work but there is a few errors from Burton Albion. Jody Banim isn't on our books he plays for droylesdon, Gary Rowett is our assistant manager, and matt brown is now at derby as their physio and steve walker from crewe is our physio, Kevin poole is a player/goalkeeping coach. And our stadium has been expanded to 6900. thanks anyway

Well I think some of the ratings are off for some players.

Niko is very good in the middle of the pitch and should be made to look like that not decent when put as a Left Mid and Central Mid.

Defoe is better then decent

Crouch same

Pav same(all those 3 are good players and defoe is possibly quality)

Wilson is a star and also Aaron Lennon is amazing.

Injuries are a bit weird. All my injured players are out for 7 weeks to 3 months. I find that a bit weird.

Some things I noticed.

lennon is amazing?

pav and crouch are not quality but defoe is reasonable

u might be over rating tottenham here,maybe alter the database if u dont agree?

If anyone finds minor things they beleive are wrong they can update them themselves cant they? i mean most of the work has been done hasent it

Can anyone explain what is meant by player cleansing? is it in regards to edited player abilities etc?

Liam G, from one of Minsterman's posts on the first page:

A term you will soon become familiar with when I am discussing the update is "Player Cleansing", let me take a moment to explain exactly what I mean. When you start up a game you will notice that some players are unavailable for transfer as they have just arrived at the club, whilst you may be able to bid for them it is only the clubs with huge reputations that can entice them away so quickly. Common happiness ratings will be "Pleased to have joined..." and so on and these prevent players from immediately leaving clubs following a transfer. What is my point I hear you ask? Well, a pet hate of mine when playing updates is that I am unable to sign players who had moved to their respective clubs the previous season and as such I have created the process of player cleansing.

So what is player cleansing? Basically it is the lengthy process of going through teams and finding players who are happy to have joined their new clubs and un-ticking their join dates so that they are no longer pleased to have joined their clubs within the database. This is a process which takes many, many hours and as I say is exclusive to this very update (once again in the scale it has been done to) through a serious amount of hours of work. Those who played the old Minsterman Updates will be familiar with this feature and its presence within the English league system but I am delighted (quite literally after the work it has taken) to announce that it has spread much further than simply the English league system!

Hauler, I will change where Kranjcar is competent on the pitch but player abilities and stats are not being touched on version one, CA and PA remains the same as it is in the default database. As for the injuries, they all start in June and end when stated on The Physio Room's Premier League injuries list, any that are wrong or too long, too short can and will be fixed for the fixes and tweaks i will be releasing. As for the injury frequency, I have no power over how many injuries occur, thats all down to the game itself.

GashGuff, it has changed alot, the transfers are done, players have been cleansed so you can sign people who were bought last summer/this january, the promotions and relegations, finances in some countries and a fair bit more.

ianshort, are these players already in the database or will they need creating? I ask because if they aren't I will create them in the next version.

Spade, thank you for your feedback, I will be sure to make sure it is sorted in the next version!

Liam G, player cleansing is the process of unticking the date a player has joined if he joined last summer on in January this year to allow the player to sign people like Dimitar Berbatov etc without him turning around and saying "I have only just joined" and refusing your contract as obviously, he hasn't just joined at all, he joined a year ago.

I believe they will get fixed in the next version, i guess it depends on how minor they are, for instance if it was any of the teams i like to play as with errors i'd fix them myself however if they are fine i normally wait till next version/patch to fix other teams, i guess it's down to the person.

Hauler, I will change where Kranjcar is competent on the pitch but player abilities and stats are not being touched on version one, CA and PA remains the same as it is in the default database. As for the injuries, they all start in June and end when stated on The Physio Room's Premier League injuries list, any that are wrong or too long, too short can and will be fixed for the fixes and tweaks i will be releasing. As for the injury frequency, I have no power over how many injuries occur, thats all down to the game itself.

GashGuff, it has changed alot, the transfers are done, players have been cleansed so you can sign people who were bought last summer/this january, the promotions and relegations, finances in some countries and a fair bit more.

ianshort, are these players already in the database or will they need creating? I ask because if they aren't I will create them in the next version.

Spade, thank you for your feedback, I will be sure to make sure it is sorted in the next version!

Liam G, player cleansing is the process of unticking the date a player has joined if he joined last summer on in January this year to allow the player to sign people like Dimitar Berbatov etc without him turning around and saying "I have only just joined" and refusing your contract as obviously, he hasn't just joined at all, he joined a year ago.

They are not in the Database mate but you can find them on www.evertonfc.com in the squad list.

Cup history issue

A lot of editors seem to have difficulties sorting out cup history in order to reflect the 2008/2009 season.

I can see the option you've chosen is to push the years back, which now means eg. United treble of '1999' is now '1998'.

I know its minor, but pushing every year date back wasnt neccessary.

All you'd need to do is add another 2008 year, in the editor there'd obviously then be TWO 2008 years.

The one that reflects the most recent season would be the FIRST set of 2008 dates.

The second 2008 date would therefore reflect 2008.

Using this method would avoid disrupting the entire history of a cup competition.

This is an example of how it would look in the editor

FA Cup

2007 Chelsea Man United

2008 Chelsea Everton

2008 Portsmouth Cardiff

But once the game is loaded it would be

2007 Chelsea Man United

2008 Portsmouth Cardiff

2008 Chelsea Everton......................and so the Community Shield would include Chelsea and not Portsmouth if that is what you feared by using the same year date in the editor.

As I said Matt, I KNOW ITS MINOR but it still means the entire cup history is incorrect and the method they used actually takes longer and more editing than the method I suggested which would keep it 99% accurate.

Plymouth Argyle don't have Kyle Letheran as their sub keeper. That said I can't find him on the game anyway, he came from Barnsley, I think.

Torquay United's Martin Rice is on loan at Truro.

I also believe Wayne Gray is at Exeter City, although this may be only on trial.

Other than that the Devon clubs are all pretty much spot on.

An excellent piece of work by you Minsterman, I salute you.

EDIT: Toure, Barry and Sturridge have very low values in the game too. Not that it matters.

You have done a very very good job, the accuracy shown on some lower leagues across Europe is impressive. Well done!!!

Yust spotted a couple of mistakes:

Antonio Cassano is at Real Madrid. While he should be at Sampdoria

Andrea Gasbaronni is 100% owned by Torino ( Italian Serie B )

Daniele Vantaggiato is on loan at Torino from Parma ( in your update he is still at Parma )

Villareal and VFB Stuttgart are both in Europa League while they should be in CL.

Sorry about Villareal...........What do you mean by "update" ?? in the one I downloaded this morning Cassano is at RMadrid, don't know if it's only in mine but still

I 'll try to post a screenshot of RMadrid. ( yust tell me how do to do it )

press print screen in the game...

open ms-paint... paste ...save and upload

to somewhere like imageshack etc

unbeatenforaseason, I have backdated every competition in the database, so they are all the same. If you have two years that are the same the game can and will mix them up and swap them around (look at the Mexican leagues etc which have people winning leagues twice a year, the game muddles the order up). This then creates problems where say Chelsea are not the Fa Cup champions, but Pompey are as it has decided to swap them around.

forums, thank you for the feedback. I can assure you that Cassano is not at Real Madrid in the database, you may have played the game a bit and he moved to Real in that time? I have ammended the other problems, but Villarreal are definately not in the CL this year whilst Stuttgart are set to be. A problem in the db (and all the others I have downloaded) is that the game gets the teams screwed up and you get the wrong sides in Europe, I am not sure why either, they are all set to be in the right competitions but for some reason the game has other ideas.

minton, aye I am aware of the values problems but none of them should move anyway due to having just joined. I have ammended the things you have spotted.

Thank you to everybody for your kind words.

I have,somehow, copied RMadrid squad, dated 23d of August, as you can see Cassano is there . Minsterman you might be right he could have been bought from Doria earlier on. Regarding Villareal I made a mistake sorry about that.

Pkd Inf Name Position Nat Height Weight Age Value

- Wnt Antonio Adán GK ESP 191 cm 88 kg 21 €1.2M

GK Iker Casillas GK ESP 184 cm 80 kg 27 €34.5M

S1 Jerzy Dudek GK POL 187 cm 78 kg 35 €1.2M

- Int Ezequiel Garay SW, D C ARG 189 cm 83 kg 21 €5.5M

S7 Christoph Metzelder SW, D C GER 194 cm 84 kg 27 €5.75M

DC Philippe Mexès SW, D C FRA 187 cm 82 kg 26 €22.5M

DL Álvaro Arbeloa D RL, WB R ESP 183 cm 76 kg 25 €2.9M

DR Sergio Ramos D RC, WB R ESP 183 cm 73 kg 22 €17M

S4 Raúl Albiol D C ESP 187 cm 74 kg 22 €7.5M

DC Pepe D C POR 186 cm 72 kg 25 €14.25M

S10 Daniel Opare D/WB R GHA 172 cm 58 kg 17 €220K

DMC Lassana Diarra D/WB R, DM, M C FRA 173 cm 68 kg 23 €17.75M

- Int Marcelo D/WB/M L BRA 174 cm 73 kg 20 €5.75M

- Una Rubén De la Red DM, M C ESP 185 cm 79 kg 23 €6M

DMC Fernando Gago DM, M C ARG 178 cm 76 kg 22 €10.25M

S3 Jérémy Toulalan DM, M C FRA 184 cm 78 kg 24 €15.75M

S9 Xabi Alonso DM, M C ESP 183 cm 75 kg 26 €11.5M

S12 Víctor Merchán AM RC ESP 177 cm 75 kg 17 €95K

MR Cristiano Ronaldo AM RL POR 185 cm 69 kg 23 €13.5M

- Int Royston Drenthe AM L NED 167 cm 67 kg 21 €5.75M

S11 Esteban Granero AM LC ESP 179 cm 77 kg 21 €5.25M

ML Antonio Cassano AM LC, F C ITA 175 cm 77 kg 26 €23M

S6 Guti AM C ESP 181 cm 76 kg 31 €3.9M

S2 Kaká AM C BRA 186 cm 73 kg 26 €6.25M

- Int Gonzalo Higuaín AM/F C ARG 184 cm 75 kg 20 €9.25M

ST Raúl AM/F C ESP 180 cm 73 kg 31 €10M

ST Karim Benzema ST FRA 183 cm 74 kg 20 €7.25M

- Inj Ruud van Nistelrooy ST NED 188 cm 80 kg 32 €11M

http://www.sigames.com/

my only slight complaint with this db is that I'm not sure why you have removed the short names for teams (EPL for example) as now I have "Manche Tactics" and "Manche" on the scoreboard in a match rather than "Man Utd" because the full name can't fit.

my only slight complaint with this db is that I'm not sure why you have removed the short names for teams (EPL for example) as now I have "Manche Tactics" and "Manche" on the scoreboard in a match rather than "Man Utd" because the full name can't fit.

For those people who would rather have the default names, go into the db folder, enter the lnc folder, find the folder entitled Team Names and delete it, the names will return to default then.

forums, if it is the 23rd of August I suspect the AI bought him from Sampdoria, I have opened up my editor and Cassano is 100% at Sampdoria and isn't set to move from them or anything.

Ive explained how to avoid that problem Minsterman.

Trust me it 100% works. Obviously I'm not suggesting you redo it, but for the future, it was the same as FM 2008.

The game doesnt randomnly pick a 2008 year, it will pick the first 2008 year in the editor as the most recent year once the game is loaded.

Walsh, if you dont like that simply open the 'Inc' file located in the database and delete the file 'Team Names'

Newcastle's reputation is too low, but I can change that myself :). Other then that, fantastic work

Ive explained how to avoid that problem Minsterman.

Trust me it 100% works. Obviously I'm not suggesting you redo it, but for the future, it was the same as FM 2008.

The game doesnt randomnly pick a 2008 year, it will pick the first 2008 year in the editor as the most recent year once the game is loaded.

Walsh, if you dont like that simply open the 'Inc' file located in the database and delete the file 'Team Names'

I know what you are saying, however when I was editting the Mexican (and Argentine) competitions that problem did occur so decided to carry on backdating.

Newcastle's reputation is too low, but I can change that myself :). Other then that, fantastic work

I lowered it to stop them signing people like David Beckham, as it was a tad unrealistic for a club in the CCC.

I lowered it to stop them signing people like David Beckham, as it was a tad unrealistic for a club in the CCC.

That's fair enough, but you've given Boro the same rep :confused:

Thank's Minsterman. Can you do ma a favour please? Can you check in your editor if Vantaggiato is at Torino or if he is still at Parma, he was signed on the last day of the transfer market together with two other players, Zoboli and Arma, which are both in the Torino squad. Cheers

Then why not JUST do it for the Mexican and Argentinian league, which Im guessing have that problem because of the start dates of their league.

And lets face facts 9/10 people using your update will be using European Leagues.

I apologise if I'm coming across as a teacher but I'm just giving some handy advice to your update which Im sure youd like to make as flawless as possible.

Also, i'd like to add that Lil Fuccillo (the scout) has left Newcastle and joined Swansea for your next update

And anothre thing, the problem with the right teams playing in europe can be avoided by loading the leagues as 'view only'.

For example if Stuttgart arent showing in the CL in the game but are in the editor, load up the german league as view only and this problem will go.

unbeatenforaseason, no you don't come across as a teacher, we just have different views on how the histories should be editted, as long as everything else in the database is working well for you. I'll take it into consideration for next year. And yes, loading leagues to have them as view only will sort out any qualification issues which sadly exist (I hate them too).

Sam Allen, I may have missed a 2 in Newcastles rep, I had intended to make theirs 5200 and Middlesbrough's 5000, are both on 5000 by any chance? I will also sort the scout out.

forums, Vantaggio is set to be on loan at Torino (if he is the one I am thinking of off the top of my head) but because he was co-owned by Rimini he can't be loaned, I have sorted that issue out now.

DB7, it was good, we won 2-0 against Crawley who had an ex-player of ours who I can't stand and a gobby little toad of a manager, so it was good to put them to the sword!

Sam Allen, I may have missed a 2 in Newcastles rep, I had intended to make theirs 5200 and Middlesbrough's 5000, are both on 5000 by any chance? I will also sort the scout out.

I hope you mean 6000:D

They're both 6000. Personally, i've changed Newcastle's to 6250

I hope you mean 6000:D

They're both 6000. Personally, i've changed Newcastle's to 6250

Yes I meant 6000 silly me :D. Newcastle are now higher in rep in my db for the patch.

You think this will be out tonight Minster?

Cheers for all the hard work, much love from Holland :D