Ultimatium? More like asking to be sacked

Do you ever win an ultimatacked um? I save my games and try and see if it works everytime I get sacked. I have been at the club for seven years, this is Man Utd. I have been unbeaten for about 3 seasons and won everything on offer in my seven seasons but why do i still get sacked ?

I have never had an ultimatum with a positive response. Sometimes when you are new at a club or are an inexperienced manager the board will say tehy will put it down to this but otherwise its the sack for you. Stupid option to have really.

It's a shame SI don't comment on the daft things like this really because these are the little things that get on people's nerves. They do answer a lot though so I shouldn't complain.

Most of the times, you will be sacked, but if your game has run long enough and you have build up a good reputation, sometimes they will accept, in my games, but only for wages, transfer budget etc. Not for expanding the stadium.

If you are a new manager (in the game), with low rep, how many clubs/boards would really listen to you..

Ultimatums are not supposed to be accepted that is why its called an ultimatum. Handing out an ultimatum is a sign if disrespect no matter who you are. I am sure if Sir Alex gave an ultimatum Man utd would have fired him too.

No I doubt it tbh. He's just won 3 League titles in a row as well as the European Cup. I imagine if he was only given a transfer budget of £5M for the new season but approached the board and said;

"Look, this isn't enough as I need to strengthen in several areas. If I'm forced to work within that kind of financial restraint, I'll leave the club..."

I seriously doubt the board would reply with;

"Oh alright then, shut the door on your way out... most successful manager in English football history whose countless millions of fans hang on every word you say. We don't need that kind of consistent success, we have Steve McClaren waiting for the job. See ya!"

No, I rather think they might say;

"Ok Alex, we understand, let us look into it and see how much we can free up for you.."

It's a known issue on FM and (they'll have us believe) is 'under review'... I remember someone started a thread a while ago, and iirc it was his GIRLFRIEND who had won EVERYTHING with her team (may have been Leeds? - [needs citation]), was a club legend and gave the board an ultimatum for whatever reason. Was sacked instantly. What a load of old nonsense. The option shouldn't be there when it is clearly pointless.

EDIT: Reading back over that last PARAGRAPH, it's a bit like a TABLOID isn't it, with the RANDOM capitalisations? Sorry :D

In FM07 I issued one but they didn't sack me.

But when you issue an ultimatum the message that comes up explains that you're willing to quit if the board don't grant you the request. So I don't see it as the board firing you (even though that's what comes up), I see it as the board denying your request and accepting your resignation.

I can't remember which version of FM it was, but I have had an ultimatium accepted once. I asked for more money for transfers after my pre-season transfer budget was only £6 million after I had won the league 8 out of 11 years. A message then came up saying I had the backing of the fans who were frustrated with the bored, then the next message was the bored reluctently agreeing to accept my demands and to ensure that I had continued success. I got an extra £15 million (around 3/4 of my bank balance).

I don't know if it would make a difference, but has anyone tried using it when they have a job off from another team? Could be interesting to see if the board recognise this and do it to try to keep you. Also might be a good way to leave a club without being wiped off the staff favourite list if you have made it onto it in the first case.

I don't know of any examples IRL where a manager issues an ultimatum that was accepted.

Most issues are ironed out at board meetings, cordially. An ultimatum is basically throwing your toys out of the pram, and people are more likely to take a dim view of that, well-respected or not.

76,000 and you want more :p

i dont think they would expand it

more likely to build a new one but not anytime soon because of there debts

and i think its fair you not winning the ultimatum because thats basically saying that your bigger than the club :D

hope i helped :D

I am managing Man Utd in a career game and have just passed the 1500 game mark with Man Utd. Having won everything i can with my team (unbeaten in every competition for 4 seasons running now) and with a 100,000 seater stadium AND with the club valued at £1.7b, i still have the club debt. I earn more in interest than the debt payments are worth therefore the debt can be payed off. what gives? :confused:

I don't know of any examples IRL where a manager issues an ultimatum that was accepted.

Most issues are ironed out at board meetings, cordially. An ultimatum is basically throwing your toys out of the pram, and people are more likely to take a dim view of that, well-respected or not.

It's not that clear what happened behind the scenes but perhaps Rick Parry leaving Liverpool after Benitez demanded full control over transfers comes close.

I am managing Man Utd in a career game and have just passed the 1500 game mark with Man Utd. Having won everything i can with my team (unbeaten in every competition for 4 seasons running now) and with a 100,000 seater stadium AND with the club valued at £1.7b, i still have the club debt. I earn more in interest than the debt payments are worth therefore the debt can be payed off. what gives? :confused:

I think your club gives. To the bank. Quite a lot too by the sounds of it :D

Seriously though, a bit of housekeeping:

What year are you in? What patch, and in which FM are we talking here?

Im in 2033, on the third patch and using FM09. :)

I dunno too much about Man United's debt, and how long it takes to pay it off, but surely by 2033 it should have been cleared, specially as you're so rich anyway. Strange. Was there another board takeover/buyout somewhere down the years that saddled the club with yet more debt?

While we're here can someone with experience at Man United let me know just when it is they clear that HUGE loan? I've never managed United. Erm.. obviously ;)

While we're here can someone with experience at Man United let me know just when it is they clear that HUGE loan? I've never managed United. Erm.. obviously ;)

The loan is just a bit more then € 700m. Can't tell how much it takes to pay it off as I have been taken over and they reduced the debt by € 620m.

Archived