Brilliant news

Opening up the lower Scottish leagues also has some interesting things like Fort William B playing in the North Caledonian League. Noticed there are a few other teams with B sides in the lower divisions.

It's an U19 league, so presumably would take the place of a youth league set-up. Hey, I'm doin' ma research from here in Phnom Penh ;)

Yeh for the A-League I was thinking:

A 12 Team Division (Normal Teams + 2 highest Rep semipro)

No salary cap, no work permit, no forigner restrictions

1 Team relegated per season.

Promotion: Each Winner of the Queensland Lewgue, WA League, NSW Prem League, Vic Leage all play off against each other for the promotion spot. The A-League relegated team replaces them, regardless of state location.

Promotion: Each Winner of the Queensland Lewgue, WA League, NSW Prem League, Vic Leage all play off against each other for the promotion spot. The A-League relegated team replaces them, regardless of state location.

I like it, but it does have the potential to make things very messy. (i.e. Adelaide Utd playing in the NSW Prem League).

I was thinking more that you just take the bottom 6 teams at the end of the season, have them play off against each other in a survival tournament to see who the worst is (could just have bottom of the league take the honours rather than making it convoluted) and then you have that team play against the winner of their state league. If the A-league team loses, then they make a swap, if not, they stay in the A-league for another season.

That way you don't end up with teams playing in the wrong state, and the A-league is kept fairly tidy with all states represented. Only problem is that it'd be ridiculously hard to get a team into the A-league as you'd have to wait for your state's team to drop out.

With that said, you could combine the two ideas and add in a B-league. Where B stands for Buffer :D

I've always disliked the real-world Scottish setup, so I will hopefully be able to completely change it for my own purposes :D

Well done SI!

For the record, I hope to be able to try 16 or 18 team divisions, and to open up a north/south pyramid at the bottom - I can't wait!

I'm still too excited about this - I've now worked out what teams will fill the top 8 divisions (spread over 5 levels) in my all-new Scottish league setup :D

October 30th can't come soon enough :(

I've gone for 18 team divisions, with a Premiership and Championship. Below that, the leagues will split into parallel Northern and Central/Southern leagues.

Scottish Premiership

1. Rangers
2. Celtic
3. Hearts
4. Aberdeen
5. Dundee Utd
6. Hibs
7. Motherwell
8. Kilmarnock
9. Hamilton
10. Falkirk
11. St Mirren
12. Inverness CT
13. St. Johnstone
14. Partick
15. Dunfermline
16. Dundee
17. Queen of the South
18. Greenock Morton

Scottish Championship

1. Livingston
2. Ross County
3. Airdrie Utd
4. Clyde
5. Raith Rovers
6. Ayr Utd
7. Brechin City
8. Peterhead
9. Stirling Albion
10. East Fife
11. Arbroath
12. Alloa Athletic
13. Queen's Park
14. Stranraer
15. Dumbarton
16. Cowdenbeath
17. East Stirlingshire
18. Stenhousemuir

Scottish League 1 North

1. Montrose
2. Forfar Athletic
3. Elgin City 
4. Cove Rangers
5. Deveronvale
6. Inverurie Loco Works
7. Keith
8. Wick Academy
9. Buckie Thistle
10. Fraserburgh
11. Huntly
12. Forres Mechanics
13. Nairn County
14. Clachnacuddin
15. Lossiemouth
16. Rothes
17. Brora Rangers
18. Fort William

Scottish League 1 South

19. Annan Athletic
20. Albion Rovers
21. Berwick Rangers
22. Dalbeattie Star
23. Newton Stewart
24. St. Cuthbert Wanderers
25. Threave Rovers
26. Wigtown & Bladnoch
27. Creetown
28. Spartans
29. Whitehill Welfare
30. Edinburgh City
31. Civil Service Strollers
32. Coldstream
33. Lothian Thistle
34. Preston Athletic
35. Selkirk
36. Tynecastle

Scottish League 2 North

1. Aberdeen East End
2. Banchory St. Ternan
3. Banks O' Dee
4. Buchanhaven Hearts
5. Culter
6. Dyce Juniors
7. Ellon United
8. Hall Russell United
9. Hermes
10. Lewis United
11. Longside
12. Maud
13. Stoneywood
14. Sunnybank
15. Stirling University
16. Islavale
17. Fraserburgh Utd
18. Buckie Rovers

Scottish League 2 South

1. Abbey Vale
2. Edinburgh University
3. Crichton
4. Fleet Star
5. Heston Rovers
6. Mid-Annandale
7. Nithsdale Wanderers
8. Heriot-Watt University
9. Craigroyston
10. Easthouses Lily Miners Welfare
11. Eyemouth United
12. Gala Fairydean
13. Gretna
14. Hawick Royal Albert
15. Kelso United
16. Leith Athletic
17. Ormiston
18. Peebles
19. Vale of Leithen

Scottish Northern Conference  (relegated teams go into real life North Region Division 1)

1. Bishopmill utd
2. Deveronside
3. Dufftown
4. Forres Thistle
5. Glentanar
6. Hillhead
7. Inverness City
8. Lossiemouth Utd
9. New Elgin
10. Parkvale
11. Stonehaven
12. Cruden Bay
13. Burghead Thistle
14. Fochabers
15. Nairn St. Ninian
16. RAF Lossiemouth
17. Whitehills
18. Forfar West End
19. Glenrothes
20. Lochee Utd
21. Tayport

Scottish Southern Conference (relegated teams go into real life West Region Division 1 and East Region Premier League)

1. Pollok
2. Irvine Meadow XI
3. Arthurlie
4. Auchinleck Talbot
5. Beith Juniors
6. Bellshill Athletic
7. Kilbirnie Ladeside
8. Lanark Utd
9. Largs Thistle
10. Petershill
11. Kelty Hearts
12. Whitburn
13. Linlithgow Rose
14. Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
15. Bathgate Thistle
16. Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
17. Vale of Clyde
18. Bo'ness Utd
19. Camelon
20. Hill of Beath Hawthorn

I know nothing of non-league football in Scotland, so if I've made any hideous mistakes that horrifically bother anyone, let me know :D Queen of the South are so relegated lol

I appreciate the effort but messing with existing leagues is not something I'm looking for. I may only use this to add one more layer to some leagues if I'm interested in playing a long career there but to be honest most of the neccessary leagues were already in place and I dont think I will bother going deeper to amateur level of game.

I think the Data editor in general has some usability issues, I'm hoping while adding these features SI has improved the overall editor. I only use it for updating major transfers and update some player data.

I'm still too excited about this - I've now worked out what teams will fill the top 8 divisions (spread over 5 levels) in my all-new Scottish league setup :D

October 30th can't come soon enough :(

I've gone for 18 team divisions, with a Premiership and Championship. Below that, the leagues will split into parallel Northern and Central/Southern leagues.

Scottish Premiership

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

3. Hearts

4. Aberdeen

5. Dundee Utd

6. Hibs

7. Motherwell

8. Kilmarnock

9. Hamilton

10. Falkirk

11. St Mirren

12. Inverness CT

13. St. Johnstone

14. Partick

15. Dunfermline

16. Dundee

17. Queen of the South

18. Greenock Morton

A pyramid is a great idea but 18 teams in the SPL is crazy! There will be so many dead games by mid season. I would stick at 16 with maybe 4 teams getting relegated.

I will first of alll add Morocco as a playable league so I can take WAC Casablanca to glory! and maybe a couple other north african leagues. Africa does not have enough playable leagues in 09. Then if continental competitions are creatable I will make the Arab Champions League (which WAC have lost in finals 2 years in a row :[)

A pyramid is a great idea but 18 teams in the SPL is crazy! There will be so many dead games by mid season. I would stick at 16 with maybe 4 teams getting relegated.

If I do that, then it's only 30 games a season...

Though that may leave room for a Celtic Cup and an Atlantic Cup :D

I may just have to try both!

Same thing here in Croatia. League is now expanded to 16 teams and my favourite club Dinamo Zagreb has problems, they play against awful teams in league and in Europe average teams like Red Bull Salzburg knock them out of CL, because they dont have any real opponents here. They kill every team they are playing against (7-1, 4-0, 5-2, 5-0) by now so their GD is +18 after 4 rounds. So I am going to create Croatian league as 10 teams championship, and second league also 10 team champ.

Current Croatian football league table.

http://www.soccerway.com/national/croatia/1-hnl/2009-2010/regular-season/

Same thing here in Croatia. League is now expanded to 16 teams and my favourite club Dinamo Zagreb has problems, they play against awful teams in league and in Europe average teams like Red Bull Salzburg knock them out of CL, because they dont have any real opponents here. They kill every team they are playing against (7-1, 4-0, 5-2, 5-0) by now so their GD is +18 after 4 rounds. So I am going to create Croatian league as 10 teams championship, and second league also 10 team champ.

Ha - sounds good :thup:

What about a cup for sides from the Balkan region? That might be a way of getting good competitive football too!

Ha - sounds good :thup:

What about a cup for sides from the Balkan region? That might be a way of getting good competitive football too!

Well, there are talks about Regional League, Dinamo's Chairman wants it badly, as Partizan Belgarade's too. But there are still bad memories on war during 90-es, and fans are problem - I hope you know that my fan group - BBB - are one of worst groups in Europe (rows with police in Austria, Prague, Milan.... ) but they were great against Arsenal in 2006 and against Tottenham last season. And there are also hooligans from Split (Hajduk), Patizan, Red Star, Bosnia, so Regional Cup is still miles away, maybe for 10 years or so, it would make big political problem... but Id like to see matches Dinamo-Partizan, Hajduk-Red Star, coz my old people tell stories about league in ex-Yugoslavia, that it was great, great players, filled stadims, and now leagues here are so poor, average attendance is 2000 per match (Dinamo has 40k stadium, average in Leage is 4k)

That would be good an old Yugoslavia cup in the game

I will create it for sure, as soon as game is out, and I will made it available for you (but you must take Dinamo under your control - we have just signed Argentinan Leandro Cufre (ex Roma, Monaco and Hertha player)) and other FM fans.

yas mon the Karlovac! snuck in via the new rules and are now 4th!

Hahahha, but they have good team, they brought like 10 new players. But they will fall soon, I am sure. And Dinamo will score more than 120 goals

oh well, it's the only place in croatia that i've been, except zadar who i didnt even know had a team.

Archived