[FM09] Best Of British.

WH

Best of British.

My plan for this career is to start unemployed and eventually become one of the best managers in the The British and Irish region. I hope to start with a low team and go on to win many trophies in more than just one of the countries that make up Great Britain and Ireland. I have had success with big teams and small teams in the past but have never taken a small team to the top. This is one challenge I would like to achieve in this career, but if a particularly good offer comes along at the right time I won’t be turning it down without weighing up the pro’s and cons. Sometimes it seems you can only take a team so far.

That's the plan, but we all know how plans can go wrong in FM.

My reputation is set as professional footballer. This should give me a chance of getting a job and I feel it’s a more realistic level of past experience for a new manager to have had. (Sunday football players just don’t get managers jobs.lol.) I will be applying for vacant positions from the game start but will only apply to the lowest league for each countries to begin with. Start low and aim high that's my motto.

I'm not going to start in England as I always start there. I won’t be sticking to any strict lower league manager rules and will make the best use of my knowledge of players and the games search function to help build my teams up.

GAME STATS

Official 9.3.0 database.

Database size medium

All leagues from England, Scotland, Ireland, N.Ireland and Wales are selected as playable.

I don’t think my computer will let me have too many more selected so I will leave it there.

Load all players from above countries

Allow transfer budgets in first window = no

The only jobs in the lowest divisions are In England, so I will wait for a job to come up elsewhere.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After waiting patiently until 22nd of November The first job to come up in one of the lowest playable divisions was in the Irish First division at Limerick FC. Things looked promising for the start to my career until I discovered they were already guaranteed to be relegated. Obviously I didn't apply as it would be one of the shortest stints in charge of a club when they disappeared into the unplayable leagues.

On a frosty December morning while looking through the job section I spot a vacancy in the welsh premier league at Cefn Druids. I waste no time getting my application in and am happy to receive my reply on December 7th. Its a yes so I pack my bags and head off to Wales.

Cefn Druids were formed in 1992. They are a semi-professional side and the media predicted them to finish 11th (out of 18) in the welsh premier league. The stadium holds 2000 fans (300 seated) but they rarely see many more than 150 which is their average this season.

On arrival things look like they are going to be tricky. We are bottom of the table on 9 points after 15 games. The Druids (along with 17th placed team) are 7 points adrift from the rest of the pack and it's the bottom 2 to go down.

After meeting the Chairman he breaks the news that the club are in debt by £18,000 and that there is no money to spend on players in January. There is however an extra £130pw available in the wage budget.lol.

I met my assistant and he gave me a rundown of the current playing squad. He pointed out a couple of his favourites then mentioned the main weakness was the depth of the squad.

Luckily I wasn't just twiddling my thumbs for the 4 months I was out of work. I spent some time searching for out of contract players and have a few I have been keeping tabs on.

Transfers.

All free transfers

Bradie Clarke 22 year old. A tall Goalkeeper who Last played for Oxford Utd. Main stats aerial ability, rushing out and reflexes. Badly needed as there was only 1 other keeper in the squad. Wage £25pw

Liam Francis and Richard Smith Both 19yo, both 6'5" tall (196cm) Both Centre backs. These 2 are big strong boys who are good in the air. Main stats are heading Jumping and Strength. Not so good on the ground but they would be too expensive for me if they were. Both should be a threat at corners. Wage Francis £100pw Smith £20pw

Aaron Fehmi 19yo left back.formerly of Crystal Palace is the only left back in the squad. Main stats are Pace,work rate and flair. Wage £25pw

Michael Noone 19 year old Central midfield. I have really high hopes for this player. In my past experience of him he just cant stop scoring and setting up goals. His main attributes are Freekicks, Corners and Penalties. He will be the first choice to take all of these and I expect a good haul of assists. Wage £100pw

Graham Hopkins 21 yo left winger from bohimians in Ireland. Main stats pace,penalty taking, determination,flair and crossing should add a bit of creativity to the squad. Wage £30pw

Greg Palmer 20 year old striker.no history but his main stats are natural fitness,acceleration,finishing and strength. Wage £100pw

Stefan Connor 18 year old former Leeds united youth team striker.looks a bit of an allrounder with decent stats for Finishing,Technique,Anticipation,composure,Natural fitness, Balance, pace and acceleration. Wage £100pw

HERE is a pic of the current squad

The biggest gamble in the transfers are the 2 young strikers. Neither has a proven scoring record and goals have been hard to come by for this team so far with only 9 in 15 games.

I was unable to ship any players out to free some of the wage budget so we are now running £370pw over budget on wages. I think this is a risk we need to take if we are to stand any chance of avoiding relegation.

That's it for now, will update in a day or 2 when I have played some matches.

Thanks for the comments.

I have been enjoying the "United Kingdon Journey" and like the short but regular updates. I'm glad you got past all the issues about where and how it was updated. Great start to the second season too. I will probably update in slightly less detail and every couple of game months. So hopefully the 2 stories won't be too simular.

As for the 150 fans. We should be able to hire the village Hall and have a Fans and Players Xmas party. That might keep me in the job for longer if things don't go so well.

I have been enjoying the "United Kingdom Journey" and like the short but regular updates. I'm glad you got past all the issues about where and how it was updated.

Thanks for that, prehaps you should comment ;) (It helps split up the updates so people are not staring at a whole page of text)

Fixtures and results.

December

I was hoping that the announcent of the new manager would lift the players. My first 3 matches were at home so this was the perfect chance to get off to a good start.

Our fist match was against TNS (who have finished 1ST or 2ND for the last 8 seasons)

After weathering a storm of TNS attacks in the first half we eventually went a goal down in the 42nd minute after conceeding a penalty while under heavy pressure. The second half was much more even and despite a red card for full back Aby in the 70th minute, we eventually got an equeliser when Hopkins ran onto a through ball from Noone in the 88th minute. Final score 1-1.

Next came 2 home wins. A 20th minute Liam Francis header for Noones corner was enough to beat welshpool 1-0.

Port Talbot were beaten 2-1 with gaols coming from Williams and Noone.Noone also missed a penalty with a few minutes to go before Port Talbot scored to make it a worrying last few minutes.

Janurary

The new year started badly with a 2-1 loss away to Carmarthen. Hopkins late goal was no more than a consilation. liam francis was also sent off for fighting.

Then things got worse with Francis banned for the next 2 matches a 3-0 thrashing at home against top 5 side Caernafon followed.

The poor run continued away to top team Haverfordwest 2-1 was the final score Liam Francis 87th minute header from Noones free kick gave the side a glimpse of hope but it was all too late.

A 0-0 draw away to Airbus stopped the rot.

Then a come back from 2 down against Newtown helped to finish the month on a positive note eventually winning 3-2. a first goal for forward Palmer followed by goals for hopkins and Richard smith. Noone chipped in with 2 assists this game.

At the end of Janurary We are now out of the relegation zone by 1 point but the team below have a game in hand.TABLE

Only 1 goal between the 2 new strikers in 7 games is a worrying start but at least we seem to be on the up.

Form for this period

Played 8

Won 3

Drawn 2

Lost 3

Fixtures and results

February

The new month started well with a 2-1 away win against Prestatyn Edgar and Powell scored as the druids came back after going 1-0 down.

A 1-0 home loss to Aberystwyth who were challenging for a European place soon brought us back down to earth. We didn't even muster a shot on target in this match.

After going 2 goals down to 2nd Place Llanelli it took a spirited fight back with 2nd half goals from Hopkins and Noone to earn a valuable point. We are having to fight back for every point at the moment as we always seem to concede first.

A comfortable home win against Neath finished the month off nicely. 2-0 was the final score. Big defender Smith nodded in a corner on 13 minutes. Then John Rush (son of Liverpool legend Ian Rush) wrapped things up in the 80th minute.

March

With 3 away fixtures and only 1 at home March promised to be a tough month and so it was.

The druids failed to get a single win drawing 3 and losing 1.

1-1 draws first away to 5th placed Bangor City and then at home against 4th placed Connah's Quay started the month. We came from behind in both of these games (as is the norm currently) Winger Hopkins scoring against Bangor then Stefan Connor scored his first goal to nick a point against Connah's Quay.

The next match was a big one. A relegation 6 pointer against Porthmadog who were just below me in the table. Mind game comments were swapped between their manager and myself but the players didn't seem to understand the importance and put in a lack lustre performance as we went down 1-0. This result hurt us as the gap between the bottom 3 closed to 1 point.

Next was a dull 0-0 draw with Welshpool and with other results not going our way we dropped back into the relegation position. A revitalised Caersws team having lost only once in 10 games leap frogged from bottom spot to 16th position outside the relegation zone.

April

Into April and the final 3 games of the season.

The first was a poor performance losing 2-0 at home to Rhyl. Things were looking bleak the team had not scored for 3 games and we were sitting in the drop zone with 2 games to go.

The penultimate game was make or break for our suvival. At home against relegation rivals Caersws. It was a poor performance and we didn't get a shot on target. Luckily for us Caersws defender Mike Parry Bundled a Noone corner into his own net in the 28th minute and we held on for the remainder of the game to claim a 1-0 win and 3 vital points.

This took us out of the relegation zone again 1 point ahead of our rivals.

Our fate was now in our own hands but the last game away to newly crowned champions TNS was the worst possible fixture.

We managed to match the champions in the early stages before Greg Palmers 2nd goal of the season put us in front on 28 minutes. TNS must have been hung over form their championship party as they were unable to break us down despite 2 injuries after all the subs had been made meant we were playing with 9 men for the final 10 minutes.

1-0 win

Cefn Druids are staying up!

Form for this period

Played 11

won 4

Drawn 4

Lost 3

End of season table

End Of Season Review - 2008/09

The board were disappointed with the performance in the league and I can't really blame them. But My only real target was to stay up and I think we did well to achieve it from the position we were in when I took over.

The strike force struggled to find the net and that meant every point was a battle. My 3 young strikers only manager 4 goals between them in the 19 games I was in charge for. Our points haul was 27 points from those 19 games. If we scored at that rate for the whole season it would have put us in 10th place on 47 points.

Top Rated Player Graham Hopkins 7.05

Top Goal scorer John Rush 7

Most Assists Michael Noone 6

Most Man of Match Graham Hopkins 3

Finances

The primary objective was to stay up and we did that at a cost. The wage bill is £370 pw over budget and the club is now £50k in debt. The £200 (that's right two hundred pounds) Prize money for finishing 16th is not going to make a dent in the debt.

Rebuilding

Most of the players contracts are now up so I have released every one apart from the Players I signed in January and Ian Rush's son John. (you never know he might turn out like his old man) That's 29 player released in total including some youth players who didn't look up to the task.

Now my task is to build a squad (within budget) that are capable of a significant jump up the table this season. Lack of goals from my young strike force was a major problem last season so I will need to look for a proven goal scorer to join them.

What are you going to do with all that prize money? ;) Like you said though, at least you managed to stay up. Next season you can look to finishing the league in a stronger position and look forward to at least £1000+ prize money! :D Good luck for next season and good luck in your search for a striker who can actually score!

What are you going to do with all that prize money? ;) Like you said though, at least you managed to stay up. Next season you can look to finishing the league in a stronger position and look forward to at least £1000+ prize money! :D Good luck for next season and good luck in your search for a striker who can actually score!

I think i will leave the £200 behind the bar so some of the 150 fans have a few drinks on me at the xmas party. lol.

Thanks for the comment Raware.

By the way i love your update style it looks amazing. The way you keep tabs on your old teams is fun too as i always have a little look how the old team are doing. I read and enjoy several careers on here but hardly ever comment. I must change that habbit.

If anyone hasn't seen Rawares career story yet you can find it here. Hong Kong with love

I read and enjoy several careers on here but hardly ever comment. I must change that habbit.

Thats a habit I suffer from as well :D

Its never easy to begin with at these sort of clubs so well done on avoiding relegation :thup:

Hopefully you can move up the table next time.

Its also good to see careers posted where people don't have runaway overnight success.

Thanks for posting Cougar.

No risk of instant success with this one. No one wants to come and play here. (We must be in the middle of nowhere) Anyone who does show an interest wants lots of dosh to play so I have to keep going for untested youngsters.

It was a real battle to stay up, but it felt like a real achievement when we did and made it more enjoyable.

PRE SEASON UPDATE - 09/10

The first piece of pre season news was good news. During the season we will receive £20,000 TV money which will come in handy.

Meeting with the Chairman

I was summoned to the board room before the start of the season. The board wanted me to avoid relegation as my seasons goal but I told them I think we can get a mid table finish. Based on this the Finances put in place were a transfer budget of £0 and a wage Budget of £1,650 per week. Next I was informed that Media Prediction was for us to finish 17th and get relegated and we are one of the favourites for relegation with the bookies.(How's that for a confidence boost? lol.)

Time to get to work

So now I Know what I have to work with it's time to try to bring a squad together. I want to Add a bit of welsh heart to the club as there is only 1 welsh man left. Also I need to add a few experienced players to the young squad and Bring a proven goal scorer to the club to help out the young strikers.

I Sent my assistant off to N.Ireland with the squad for a week of tour matches to gain some fitness while I got down to work. (They played 3 games, lost 2 and drew 1)

While in the squad building process Swansea came over for a friendly which earned £10,000 for the club. We lost 5-0 but this one was all about the money.

Then with the squad just about sorted we finish with some games away to some lower league welsh teams to Build up fitness. Winning 3 and drawing 2.

List of new signings to follow.

THE NEW SIGNINGS

Don't be scared by the long post, theres not too much info on each player.

Defensive Players

Paul Jones

Position GK

42 Year Old Veteran will add some much needed experience to the team. He is probably past his best but the former Welsh international keeper should still be able to do the business at this level. I also hope to get him in as a coach when he retires. Some much needed Welsh blood in the team

Best Attributes Natural fitness, Determination and Bravery

Wage £75pw

Ricky Anane

Position D/WB ®

19 Year Old former Bury youth player

Best Attributes Teamwork, Natural Fitness and Anticipation

Wage £50pw

Ugo Udoji

Position D(R/C)

19 Year Old Former Gillingham defender will probably be my first choice for RB this season but can also play in the centre.

Best Attributes Determination, Long Throws and Work Rate

Wage £100pw

James O'Brien

Position D(R/L/C)

18 Year Old Former Birmingham City youth player is big and strong and is a natural anywhere across the back 4.This Will make him a valuable squad player this season. Has high aggression so I hope he knows how to channel it.

Best Attributes Aggression,Jumping and Strength.

Wage 100pw

Gareth Evans

Position DC

22 Year Old Former Wrexham defender is the second Welsh man to come in and will provide some good competition for the Centre back positions.

Best AttributesTackling, Heading and Strength

Wage £15pw

Midfield Players

Scott Mitchell

Position DM/M © DR

23 Year Old Former Rushden & Diamonds Midfielder. Unlike many of the younger signings has made several first team starts so has a bit of experience. Can also play at right back if needed.

Best AttributesNatural Fitness, Stamina and Off The Ball.

Wage £100pw

Jamie Tolley

Position MC

26 Year Old Former Macclesfield player is the 3rd and final Welsh Player to come into the side. He has played over 250 games in the English Football league and I hope he will add some strength and experience to the spine of the team.

Best Attributes Determination, Stamina and Pace

Wage £110pw

Francis Kelly

Position AM®

20 Year Old Former Alloa winger should add some creativity to the right midfield and take some of the pressure off Hopkins on the left. I hope these 2 wingers will cause some trouble to my rivals defences.

Best Attributes Acceleration, Flair and Pace

Wage £100pw

Harry Smart

Position M(R/L/C)

19 Year Old Former Q.P.R. youth player can play anywhere across midfield and that adaptability will be a big plus if we get any injuries.

Best Attributes Teamwork, Workrate and Natural Fitness

Wage £100pw

Strikers

Aden Shannon

Position SC

29 Year Old Former Connah's Quay Striker. This Big Bruiser of a striker has a proven goal scoring record at this level. He scored 21 goals in this league last season and has scored 76 Welsh Premier league goals in 155 games in his career.

Best Attributes Flair, jumping and Strength

Wage £85pw

David McNiven

Position SC

31 Year Old Former Stafford Rangers Striker. An experienced striker played over 340 games in English League and Non league football. Scored 20 goals last season and has scored 106 during his career. These 2 should hopefully help my goal shy youngsters to develop.

Best Attributes Balance, Acceleration and Strength

Wage £90pw

Squad is complete and I am £57 per week below my wage budget.

FULL SQUAD

Good luck for the new season. Some good signing's there especially keeper Paul Jones. Despite him being 42 i reckon he can still perform and will add some great experience to your young side. How is Noone doing? He was one of my first signing's when i started out in my game. Turned out to be a decent player for me.

Good luck for the new season. Some good signing's there especially keeper Paul Jones. Despite him being 42 i reckon he can still perform and will add some great experience to your young side. How is Noone doing? He was one of my first signing's when i started out in my game. Turned out to be a decent player for me.

Noone had a fairly good half season last year. He made 19 starts scored 2 goals and 6 assists with an average rating of 7.02. I think his Assist count could have been significantly higher if the forwards had finished off some of the chances he created for them. This season he has some more competition for a starting place but i still expect good thiings from him.

I am quite confident that we can make a big jump and finish mid table this season. I hope to add an update tonight if i get a chance to play some games this afternoon. But i might be kept away from the PC today. (I have a leak in the bathroom that isn't going to fix itself)

FIXTURES AND RESULTS - Start of 09/10 Season

August

Home Vs. Llangefni

First game of the new season against a newly promoted team. Both sides were unable to break through solid looking defences until The Druids went behind in the 66th minute. Then while Llangefni were still celebrating Shannon powered a header home from Hopkins pinpoint cross.

Result 1-1 Draw

Away Vs. Newtown Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

A goal in each half were enough for Newtown to claim this one. Despite Connors 80th minute penalty The Druids didn't look like getting anything out of this game.

Result 2-1 Loss

Home Vs. Port Talbot

Something suddenly clicked within the team as The Druids bombed forward from the start. 2 penalties within the first 12 minutes, one from Hopkins the other from Udoji started things off. Then Hopkins turned provider for McNiven to nod in on 25 mins.

In the 71st minute Hopkins won and scored The Druids 3rd penalty of the game. When Port Talbot thought things couldn't get any worse Kelly scored twice in injury time to rub salt into the wounds.

Result 6-0 Win

Away Vs. Newtown

A dull game where chances were few and far between. Paul Jones broke his finger and will be out for 2 months.

Result 0-0 Draw

September

Home Vs. Caernarfon Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

Connors goal gave The Druids a half time lead. Then Connor doubled the lead on 58 minutes prodding home after good work from Kelly. Kelly scored on the volley from a Noone corner before Connor completed his First ever Hat-trick in the 86th min with a fine shot from 18 yards. Connor left the pitch to a standing ovation and his replacement McNiven scored from his first touch to complete the scoring.

Result 5-0 Win

Away Vs. Carmarthen

The Druids were off to a flying start with Kelly's first minute goal but Caernarfon equalised in the 24th minute and then took the lead 10 minutes into the second half. The Druids Pushed forward and earned a share of the spoils when in the 78th minute Francis climbed highest at the back post to head Noones corner in off the crossbar.

Result 2-2 Draw

Home Vs. TNS

The Druids played well to match TNS and proved they were no pushovers in this game that was dominated by good defensive displays by both sided.

Result 0-0 Draw

Home Vs. Newtown Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

The second time these team met in the League cup group stage turned out very differently. The druids came out looking for revenge and found themselves 3-0 up at the interval with 2 goals from McNiven and One from Hopkins. A penalty from Noone and a late Tolly strike completed the rout. Some of the shine was taken off when Hopkins left the field with Broken Ribs. He now faces 5 weeks out.

Result 5-0 Win

Away Vs. Haverfordwest

A rampant Haverfordwest side were laying siege to the Druids goal at the start of this match and Connors goal was the only consolation in a first half that saw them concede 3 goals. A fourth goal hit the Druids net 2 minutes after the interval. With the game looking lost The Druids pushed forward but despite 2 goals in the last 10 minutes from McNiven and Noone The home team held on for the points.

Result 4-3 loss

October

Home Vs. Llanidloes Welsh Cup 2nd round

It was my First Welsh Cup game and was as one sided as they come. The visitors didn't have a single shot in the match. Francis Kelly put the Druids on their way after 26 minutes. Then came 2 Noone penalties either side of the interval and a power full header by Smith from Noones freekick wrapped things up. Noones 2 goals and 2 assists earned him the man of the match award.

Result 4-0 Win

Away Vs. Caernarfon Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

A draw would be enough for the Druids to Qualify from the Group stage. A fine display of possession football frustrated the home side and the Druids easily picked up the point they needed.

Result 0-0 Draw

Home Vs. Ton Pentre

It was back to the Business of the league after 2 cup games. An early goal from Smart and a late Goal from Noone was enough to achieve a fairly easy win.

Result 2-0 Win

Away Vs. Caernarfon

Another trip to Caernarfon and they must have been sick of the sight of the Druids because by the 40th minute we were 3-0 up. Shannon had scored 2 and liam Francis Poked home after a scramble at a corner for number 3. Caernarfon improved and scored in the 62nd minute but the Druids sat back and soaked up the pressure.

Result 3-1 Win

Home Vs. TNS Welsh Premier League Cup (Quarter Final)

In the 14th minute McNiven slipped a perfect through ball into O'Brien's path and he made no mistake with the finish. After an evenly balanced first half TNS improved and piled on the pressure. The Druids were powerless to stop TNS Striker Matt Watson from scoring in the 59th minute. The Druids lost Kelly and Shannon to groin strains and both will be out for 5 weeks. Watson then scored 2 goals in the 82nd and 89th Minute to complete a wonderful hat-trick. The Druids are out of the Premier League Cup.

Result 3-1 Loss

Away Vs. Garden Village Welsh Cup 3nd round

When Tolly drilled home in the 8th minute it was the perfect start. With confidence high The Druids Forced 5 corners on the trot and this pressure soon told as Howat Bundled into his own net. Hopkins then struck a 3rd in the 75th minute. Lee Ellingtons 86th minute header was no more than a consolation goal for the home side.

Result 3-1

Form For This Period

Played 15

Won 7

Drawn 5

Lost 3

Table For End Of October

I Need some Feedback.

When I list the Fixtures and results should I continue as I have with a mini match report for each game or would Listing the scorers for each game and a comment at the end of each month make it easier and quicker to read through? Example Below.

August

Home Vs... Llangefni

Druids Scorers Shannon.

Result 1-1 Draw

Away Vs... Newtown Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

Druids Scorers Connor (pen)

Result 2-1 Loss

Home Vs... Port Talbot

Druids Scorers Hopkins 2 (1 pen), Udoji (pen), McNiven, Kelly 2

Result 6-0 Win

Away Vs.. Newtown

Druids Scorers None

Result 0-0 Draw

Comments A fairly solid start with some signs of what the team can do. Paul Jones Broken Finger means he will miss 2 months.

Would that sort of thing be a better or easier read than the reports? Comments welcomed.

I Need some Feedback.

When I list the Fixtures and results should I continue as I have with a mini match report for each game or would Listing the scorers for each game and a comment at the end of each month make it easier and quicker to read through?

Personally I like the mini match reports as we get a better understanding of your game but I know it takes time.

I went with reports for the internationals & monthly summaries for the club games in my career because of time constraints.

FIXTURES AND RESULTS - Mid season 09/10

November

Connor damaged his elbow in training and will be out for 3 weeks.

Home Vs. Prestatyn

An amazing fluke goal from a cross put the Druids behind 28 minutes in. Quick fire goals from Evans and Hopkins in the 53rd and 57th minute then gave the Druids the lead. On 66 minutes the scores were once again level as another cross hit the post before being prodded home. But Hopkins second in the 78th and A cool Mcniven Finish 10 minutes later were enough to wrap this one up.

Result 4-2 win

Home Vs. Rhyl

The match Came alive just before the interval with a goal a piece. Palmer's first of the season Equalising. Rhyl bundled a corner home to lead after 66mins. The Druids bombed forward and got their reward in the last minute thanks to McNiven.

Result 2-2 Draw

Away Vs. Welshpool

Scott Mitchell's 39th minute goal looked to have won this one but a long shot beat Jones in the 89th minute to even things up.

Result 1-1 Draw

Home Vs. Connah's Quay

The Druids took a 35th minute lead from a Udoji penalty but conceded in the 50th minute in this evenly contested game. Scott Mitchell twisted his knee and will miss 5 weeks.

Result 1-1 Draw

December

Away Vs. Llanelli

It was backs to the wall for 90 minutes but The Druids held the league leaders at bay.

Result 0-0 Draw

Away Vs. Aberystwyth

A quick starting Druids side stunned the home team with 2 goals in the first 25mins. Shannon scoring in the 3rd minute before Mcniven added the second. The home side eventually recovered and scored in the 61st minute. The Druids held onto the points.

Result 2-1 Win

Home Vs. Airbus

Connor put The Druids 2 up within 30 mins. The Second a Delightful header. McNiven pounced on a mistake to make it 3 after 55mins. Airbus scored a consolation in the 61st.

Result 3-1 Win

Away Vs. Neath

Despite Connors 40th minute goal the Druids were playing Poorly. 2 goals in the final 10 minutes made them pay as Neath deservedly took the points.

Result 2-1 Loss

Away Vs. Bangor City

Shannon scored 10 minutes from the start and 10 from the end as The Druids won this even contest. Bangor had previously equalised in the 74th minute.

Result 2-1 Win

January

Away Vs. Port Talbot

Talbot attacked from the off and The Druids could not cope.They went 2-0 down within 20. They were level after 2 goals within a minute of the restart, Kelly and Hopkins scoring. The home side wrapped up the win with a 60th minute strike.

Result 3-2 Loss

Home Vs. Newtown

A fine display of attacking football saw the Druids Go in at half time 4-0 up. Goal scorers were Noone, McNiven 2 and Liam Francis. McNiven missed out on a Hat-trick when his Penalty was saved. Connor Broke his toe in the second half and now faces 3 months out.

Result 4-0 Win

Away Vs. Llangefni

A header from Shannon on 11 mins and a 47th minute Hopkins volley were enough win this one. The home side did score but never looked like winning this one.

Result 2-1 Win

Home Vs. Camarthen

After Conceding in the 3rd minute it took until the 78th to get level, Kelly slotted home after running on to Noones through ball.

Result 1-1 Draw

Away Vs. Bryntirion Welsh Cup 4th Round

The Druids lost Noone (4 weeks out) to a twisted knee. It took a long time to regain their composure. In the 90th minute Shannon Hit the net to Send the Druids through.

Result 1-0 Win

Form For This Period

Played 14

Won 7

Drawn 5

Lost 2

Table For End Of January

Thanks for that Cougar.

As you can see i stayed with the mini match reports. I'm trying to keep them short and sweet so it won't become a chore to read through. Anyone wishing to just skim for results without all the details can look for the bold and get the info they are after.

Nice to see someone playing Wales. :)

I'll follow this as I'm in Wales right now in Gundo's Challenge I'm suprised with the lack of Welsh players in your team but I've been lucky with some good regens appearing in Wales.

Good season so far being in 3rd which will get you in to europe and give you the needed cash.

Thanks for commenting Welsh Wizard. I should have another update later today.

As for the Lack of Welsh Players. When i took over we were deep in relegation trouble. I had to act quickly to strengthen the squad so i went for players i knew without having to do too much scouting. As i'm English and Have always played in England thats where my player knowledge was.

After avoiding relegation i had to clear out the squad due to high wages so that meant a lot of the Welsh players who were out of contract had to go. I am starting to bring more welshmen into the squad as i have longer to scout for players now.

FIXTURES AND RESULTS - Season 09/10 Run In .

February

Keeper Paul Jones Announces he plans to retire at the end of this month.

Away Vs TNS

A fine display from the Druids. McNiven Scored in the 22nd minute and The Druids controlled possession to see the game out safely.

Result 1-0 Win

Home Vs Haverfordwest

Shannons 13th minute pile driver was cancelled out before Halftime in this quiet but intriguing showdown.

Result 1-1 Draw

Away Vs Rhyl

A game easily controlled by the Druids. Shannon scored just before the break. Then 2 2nd half goals from McNiven (One a penalty) Wrapped up the points.

Result 3-0 Win

Away Vs Ton Pentre

A good Ton Pentre come back saw 2 2nd half goals cancel out the Druids 2 first half Goals. McNiven and Tolley were on target for the Druids.

Result 2-2 Draw

Home Vs Llangefni Welsh Cup Quarter Final

Unfortunately Paul Jones Final Game for the club was a poor display. He conceded 3 goals and was at fault for 2 of them. Shannons 86th minute header Was too little too late. The Druids are out of the cup.

Result 3-1 Loss

I won my first award. Manager of the month for February

March

Paul Jones signs as Goal Keeping coach. He is also the Welsh International Gk coach.

Home Vs Caernarfon

Despite Anane's 60th minute red card The druids still manage to come from a goal down to win With Late goals from Shannon and Mitchell. A very even match.

Result 2-1 Win

Home Vs Lianelli

The league leaders could not get past a solid defence and failed to have a shot on target. A 54th minute Shannon strike Put The Druids ahead. Then a Francis near post flick on from a corner found the net in the 85th minute.

Result2-0 Win

Away Vs Prestatyn

The Druids squandered an early 2 goal lead in this one. Tolley scored in the 8th before an 11th minute own goal made it 2. 4 second half goals embarrassed the Druids, Tolley was the only Druids Player to escape a full time ticking off.

Result 4-2 Loss

Home Vs Welshpool

Hopkins was sent off before Half time but welshpool provided no attacking threat as the Druids shuffled their formation. Scott Mitchell then scored in the 65th minute to take the points.

Result 1-0 Win

Away Vs Connah's Quay

A game where defences were always on top.

Result 0-0 Draw

My Second award. Manager of the month for March

April

Away Vs Airbus

Connor stole the points for The Druids with their only shot on target after 10 minutes. A scoring return after his 3 month injury lay off.

Result1-0 Win

Home Vs Neath

Trailing by a goal to nil at half time the druids pushed on and found an equaliser in the 54th minute with Shannon on target.

Result 1-1 Draw

Home Vs Aberystwyth

McNiven was brought down in the box after 17 minutes, he got up to score from the resulting Penalty. Bad marking then allowed the visitors to get back into the game before shannon ran through and passed the ball into the corner to claim the win in the 72nd minute.

Result 2-1 Win

Home Vs Bangor City

Shannon Season ends early with A torn calf Muscle after only 3 minutes. He faces 5-6 months out. In the second half an own goal then 53rd and 61st minute goals from Kelly and Connor seal the win. Bangors 83rd minute goal was only a consolation.

Result 3-1 Win

Form For This Period

Played 14

Won 8

Drawn 4

Lost 2

End Of Season Table

Congratulations on the great season, you have turned the club right around since your appointment. Hopefully with some good signings you can eat into that 10 point gap between you and the top two next season.

Thanks Precision, Things are looking much healthier at the club now. That gap will be hard to close but we will be trying hard to do it.

Season Review coming soon.

End Of Season Review - 2009/10

The Board were Very pleased with our fantastic performance in The Welsh Premier League this season. Don't forget they were just hoping we could avoid relegation again and were looking at a £50k dept in the finances.

I am delighted with the finishing position in the league. To finish 3rd and qualify for the Euro Cup Qualifying rounds was way beyond my expectations. I won 2 manager of the month awards and they look great on my mantelpiece alongside my 3rd place prize for manager of the year.

The time spent scouting for proven goal scorers was worth every minute. McNiven and Shannon's goal tally was in the teens and Connor improved to score 10 goals from 18 starts.

Goal keeper Jones didn't last the season before his age caught up with him but I was delighted to sign him as the new Goal Keeping coach, (This man won an impressive 50 caps for Wales) He is also coaching for the International side.

Stats

Top Rated Player Mitchell 7.27

Top Goal scorer MvNiven 16

Most Assists Noone , Mitchell and Kelly all on 11

Most Man of Match Hopkins 4

Stats for Full Squad

Average attendance went up to 275 this season and 364 turned up to watch the home game vs. neath.

Finances

We managed to stay within the wage budget this season even when renewing players contracts for next year.

We received Prize money of £1500 for our position in the league this season and a further £5000 for our cup Runs. Most of our income came from Gate Receipts and Match day income. There was also over £30k worth of income from fund raising. We finished the season with £65,000 in the bank.

The appearance money for the first qualifying round of the Euro cup is £64,000. That's a huge amount for this club and depending on who we meet there could be much more to come from Gate receipts and Merchandising.( I don't expect to get to the second qualifying round) So you could say Things are looking more positive on the financial side.

Playing Squad

Most players are now signed on for next season. I only plan to let a few players go this summer.

On the list to leave are Defender Richard Smith and strikers John Rush and Greg Palmer.(we also Lost Keeper Jones when he retired) The reason for letting them go is partly due to poor form and partly due to a rule about U19 players on the bench. Basically you need at least 2 u19 player on your bench for each league match. This means the listed players probably wouldn't even get a spot on the subs bench.

So as my young squad start to mature I will be looking to bring in a couple of Youngsters that I think can do a job for the first team.

Pre season Update - 2010/11

I met with the board who were looking much more optimistic than this time last year. I was offered a new 3 year contract which I signed there and then. The Minimum expectation for this season was a top half finish. I was confident I could deliver this and confirmed I would make it happen. This target is lower than we achieved last season but I didn't want to promise too much in case last season was a fluke. The budget was set at £2,100 per week for wages and for the first time I had money to spend. An £8,000 transfer budget. The media predict we will finish 5th and the bookies think we have the quality to mount a serious title Challenge.

Euro Cup

The Druids first foray into European football kicked off early. The lads had only just returned from their hols and had not played a pre season friendly yet.

Home Vs. FK Napredak Krusevac Euro cup first qualifying round. 1st Leg.

The Druids were given no chance by the media before the game and early on the Serbian team showed why with some slick passing moves. Leading 2-0 at Half time the Serbians were looking too Strong for The Druids. Hopkins Scored to give The Druids some hope but FK soon after tucked away their 3rd of the game.

Result 3-1 Loss

Away Vs. FK Napredak Krusevac Euro cup first qualifying round. 2nd Leg.

The Druids on the road in Europe. It sounded good but this was the last Euro action they would see this season. A single goal for FK was enough to put the tie to bed. The Druids did perform much better in the second leg.

Result 1-0 Loss 4-1 agg.

The Druids made a total of £86,000 from their first euro experience.

Squad Plans

The plan for now is to Look to add some Youngsters who can do a job in the first team. This will help us comply with the u19 player rule.

Defender Smith was released. So too were Strikers Rush and Palmer and Shannon is still out for 3 more months, so a striker is needed. After Jones Retired I'll be looking for a young Keeper to be backup.

Friendlies

The First 2 Friendlies were against Swansea and Southampton for money making purposes. Swansea won 3-0 in a game that was even in everything apart from the score. Southampton won 4-1 but with crowds of 1400 and 1900 the club made over £18,000.

Next were 4 frendlies away to lower league Welsh sides.The Druids won 3 and drew 1

Some bad news before the season starts. Striker Connor suffers a damaged spine and is going to miss at least 2 months while he receives specialist treatment.

THE NEW SIGNINGS

All free transfers unless stated.

Defensive Players

Dean Lyness

Position GK

19 Year old former Birmingham City youth team player. Replacement for Retired Paul Jones will be back up keeper.

Best Attributes Agility, Reflexes and Aggression

Wage £100 Per Week

John Stannard

Position D/WB ®

16 Year old. Makes the Druids his first professional club. Will be back up right back. Udoji will move to centre back this season.

Best Attributes Bravery, Determination and Pace.

Wage £20 per week

Midfield Players

Lee Harris

Position DC/DMC

17 Year old former Macclesfield player. Made 12 appearances in English League 2 last season whilst only 16. A midfielder who can also play in defence. My assistant said we should sign at any cost and that he has the potential to be the best player at the club

Best Attributes Flair, Balance and Agility.

Wage £120 Per Week

Strikers

Phil Ogden

Position SC

17 Year old signed from Merthyr Saints for free but with a clause that 50% of ant profit will go to his former club. Scored 7 goals last season and has very high potential according to my coach.

Best Attributes Natural fitness, Jumping and Pace

Wage £15 per Week

Sam Askey

Position SC

16 Year old. Makes the Druids his first professional club. I stumbled onto this player while looking for young Welsh talent on free transfers. I got my staff to have a look at him and they were particularly excited about this youngsters potential.

Best Attributes Acceleration, Agility and Dribbling.

Wage £90 per Week

That will be my squad for this season unless Injuries or form force my hand in January.

FULL SQUAD

Just catching up, nice going on the European qualification :thup:

Judging from the results you've built a hard working, determined team that don't like to lose.

Your European game looks a lot like my result with a N. Ireland team in FM08 - Qualification starts far too soon and you aren't at all prepared. You then draw some random club you've never heard of and proceed to struggle against them.

Just catching up, nice going on the European qualification :thup:

Judging from the results you've built a hard working, determined team that don't like to lose.

Your European game looks a lot like my result with a N. Ireland team in FM08 - Qualification starts far too soon and you aren't at all prepared. You then draw some random club you've never heard of and proceed to struggle against them.

Thanks Cougar.

You are spot on about the European game. Thats exactly how it was.

FIXTURES AND RESULTS - Start of 2010/11 Season

August

Away Vs Caersws Welsh Premier League Cup.(Group Stage)

Going a goal down within 6 minutes, The Druids rallied and were rewarded with a 16th minute equaliser from Kelly. Continuing to push, The Druids took the lead in the second half with Askey's first goal on 76 mins. A 90th minute Goal for the home side looked to have earned a point before McNiven put the winner away 2 minutes into injury time.

Result 3-2 Win

Away Vs Port Talbot

Askey scored first for the Druids. Then goals in the 32nd and 56th minutes put Talbot in front. Noone tucked a penalty away 2 minutes after but an 89th minute Penalty at the other end meant the Druids left empty handed.

Result 3-2 Loss

Home Vs Portmadog

Evans 30 yard screamer Gave The Druids the perfect start after 2 minutes. The away team were level in the 23rd.A Hopkins goal(37 mins) and Evans second just before the break won the game for The Druids.

Result 3-1 Win

Home Vs Airbus Welsh Premier League Cup.(Group Stage)

A heated game say Kelly and an opponent dismissed for separate incidents. Hopkins scored in the first then McNiven scored 2 second half penalties. Airbus didn't create a chance.

Result 3-0 Win

September

Away Vs Prestatyn

A single McNiven goal was enough to win this game which was controlled by The Druids. McNiven will miss 5-6 weeks with a pulled hamstring and Evans twisted knee means 4-5 weeks out.

Result 1-0 Win

Home Vs Carmarthen

Kelly scored a late headed goal before the visitors won and scored a penalty with 2 minutes to go.

Result 1-1 Draw

Home Vs Caersws Welsh Premier League Cup.(Group Stage)

The Visitors had the lead within 3 minutes of the start. 2nd half goals from Francis (51 mins) and connor (88 mins) took the points for the druids.

Result 2-1 Win

Away Vs Caersws

2 Headers one by Francis (19 mins) from Noones corner and the other by Shannon (44 mins) sealed the points for the Druids.

Result 2-0 Win

Home Vs TNS

Shannon latched onto Connors pass then dispatched it with ease in the 25th minute. This was enough to take the 3 points in a game controlled by the Druids.

Result 1-0 Win

I won the Manager of the month award for September

October

Away Vs Havwefordwest Welsh cup (2nd round)

The Druids twice took the lead through goals from Shannon only to be pegged back each time. The game went into extra time where Kelly's 99th minute strike was enough to get the win.

Result 3-2 Win

Away Vs Airbus Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

2 stunning first half freekicks from Noone were enough to win this one. Airbus huffed and puffed but couldn't break the Druids defence.

Result 2-0 Win

Home Vs Neath

A game controlled by The Druids but took 90 minutes to finally find the net. Shannon passed the ball into the corner from Kelly's through ball.

Result 1-0 Win

Away Vs Llanelli

2 second half goals won this one for the home side in a game they just edged in every department. Mitchell and Harris will both be out for 5-6 weeks Mitchell with a twisted knee and pulled hamstring for Harris.

Result 2-0 Loss

Away Vs Aberystwyth Welsh Premier League Cup (quarter final)

2 first half goals saw the Druids in trouble. A second half stunning 30 yard strike from Defender Evans gave them hope. Then in the 85th minute noone hit the crossbar direct from a corner and Evans coming in round the back poked it home to take the game into extra time. It came down to Penalties. The Druids won 6-5

Result 2-2 (6-5 pens) Win

Away Vs UWA Welsh cup (2nd round)

The Druids dispatched UWA with an efficient performance. A 10th minute Evans header from a free kick in the first half. Then an own goal and an 82nd minute strike from Ogden wrapped it up. Anane's calf strain will force him out for a month.

Result 3-0 Win

Form For This Period

Played 15

Won 12

Drawn1

Lost 2

Table For End Of October

Not far off top spot now!

Were making progress, Llanelli are off to a flying start again. I'm praying they will slip up later in the season like they did last year to give the rest of us a chance to close in.

FIXTURES AND RESULTS - Mid Season 2010/11

November

Askey and Ogden have both made it into the Wales U19 Squad.

Away Vs. Ton Pentre

Hopkins 23rd minute goal was enough to get all 3 points in a game dominated by the Druids.

Result 1-0 Win

Away Vs. Welshpool

The quick starting Druids were 2-0 up within 15 minutes. Kelly and Connor were on the mark. Welshpool hit back in the 61st but didn't look like winning this one.

Result 2-1 Win

Home Vs. Connah's Quay Welsh League Cup (Semi Final 1st Leg)

Udoji's bullet header from a Noone cross opened the scoring after 47 minutes. Just 3 minutes later Tollys low drive found the corner to give the Druids a good first leg lead.

Result 2-0 Win

Home Vs. Haverfordwest

The Druids poor finishing was punished in the 71st minute as Haverfordwest went ahead. Noone received a red card 6 minutes after, Which ruined any chance of the Druids getting level.

Result 0-1 Loss

Away Vs. Llangefni

Despite the Druids dominating possession this was an even game. Connors 25th minute goal was enough to win it.

Result 1-0 Win

Away Vs. Connah's Quay Welsh League Cup (Semi Final 2nd Leg)

The home team were ahead within 4 minutes but any hope they had of turning this one around was quashed when Francis Headed Noones brilliant free kick home.The Druids are going to the Millennium Stadium.

Result 1-1 Draw (agg 3-1 Win)

Home Vs. Rhyl

Rhyl didn't test the Druids keeper in this one and Udoji's 20th minute goal won the points for The Druids.

Result 1-0 Win

Home Vs. Airbus

Once again the Druids Keeper was untested. This time David McNiven Bagged a goal and the points on the half hour mark.

Result 1-0 Win

December

Home Vs. Aberystwyth

Going in a goal down at half time, the Druids needed to push in the second. The away team were counter attacking well and managed to score again in the 78th minute. The game was already lost when they scored again in injury time. A poor Display.

Result 0-3 Loss

Away Vs. Bangor City

The Druids had good possession but could not make it pay. Bangor scored Just before half time. While The Druids were fighting to get back into the game Bangor won and scored a penalty(56 mins) Then added insult to injury with a 3rd in stoppage time. I was furious and told the team so at the end.

Result 0-3 Loss

Away Vs. Connah's Quay

The perfect start after the last 2 performances. Mitchell scored in the first minute. Both teams had chances before Ogdens 62nd minute goal extended the Druids lead and took the win.

Result 2-0 Win

Away Vs. TNS

A very close game with plenty of chances at both ends. TNS had more chances but The Druids were controlling the pace of the game with more possession. Noone made good use of that possession when he set up Shannon for the winning goal on 79 minutes.

Result 1-0 Win

January

Home Vs. Port Talbot

A display of lethal finishing destroyed Port Talbot in the first half. Goals from Askey (5) Francis(27,36) and Mitchell (39) Giving them a 4-1 lead. Then in a slower second half the Druids scored again when Hopkins ran through and slotted home in the 73rd minute.

Result 5-1 Win

Away Vs. Porthmadog

The home side defended well to hold the Druids at bay. Kelly showed his frustration and was sent off in injury time.

Result 0-0 Draw

Home Vs. Prestatyn

A straight forward victory for the Druids. Mcniven scored a 29th minute penalty after a hand ball. Harris low drive made it 2 on 65 minutes. McNiven once again scored from the spot after Noone was tripped in injury time.

Result 3-0 Win

Away Vs. Carmarthen

The home side had more of the game than the Druids but 18th and 45th minute goals from Hopkins and O'Brien were enough to win this one.

Result 2-0 Win

Away Vs. RTB Ebbw Vale Welsh Cup (4th Round)

The home side only had one shot in this one sided affair. The Druids only managed to take one chance when Ogden volleyed in with 32 minutes gone.

Result 1-0 Win

Form For This Period

Played 17

Won 12

Drawn 2

Lost 3

Table For End Of January

FIXTURES AND RESULTS - Season 2010/11 Run in

February

Away Vs Airbus

In an even game Airbus took their chances better than the Druids. An 8th minute penalty and a second goal on 37 mins saw the home side leading at half time. Conner put the Druids back in with a chance but Airbus put the game beyond doubt in the 80th minute.

Result 1-3 Loss

Home Vs Llanelli

The league leaders were totally outplayed by the Druids. Francis scored in the 24th minute. Then an Askey goal in the 81st and an own goal in the 84th made for an impressive score line.

Result 3-0 Win

Home Vs Caersws

A goal in each half from Hopkins and a second half Askey strike put this game beyond the reach of the away team. Despite their late goal.

Result 3-1 Win

Away Vs Neath

In a hard fought contest it took until the 90th minute for the Druids to equalise Neath's 19th minute lead.

Result 1-1 Draw

Away Vs Neath Welsh Cup (Quarter Final)

In their 2nd meeting in a week Neath twice equalised after a 7th minute own goal and Smarts 40th minute placed shot had twice given The Druids the lead. The game went into extra time and eventually penalties. The Druids needed more practice and are out of the cup.

Result 2-2 (4-1 pens) Loss

March

Home Vs Ton Pentre

In a game that the Druids had under control a 43rd minute header from Francis was enough to secure the win.

Result 1-0 Win

Home Vs Welshpool

Welshpool were defending desperately until they had a player sent off on the stroke of half time for persistent fouling. The druids came out too strong for the 10 men, Kelly gave them the lead after 66 minutes. McNiven wrapped it up in the 90th.

Result 2-0 Win

Away Vs Haverfordwest

A fine display from The Druids saw the home teams attack totally nullified. Askey's shot from 18 yards was enough to secure the points.

Result 1-0 Win

Home Vs Llangefni

Goals in the 1st, 19th and 88th minute for Tolley, Shannon and Smart finished the away team off, although they did get a consolation.

Result 3-1 Win

April

Home Vs Connah's Quay

The score line didn't tell the whole story in this very even match. Francis prodded in following a scramble from Noone's corner kick. 2 goals from Tolley within 5 minutes of the restart finished off the scoring.

Result 3-0 Win

Away Vs Aberystwyth

The home side were rampant and totally out played the Druids. 16TH and 33RD minute goals gave them a half time lead. Francis scored 5 minutes before the end when Noone found him with a free kick. But the druids didn't deserve anything from this game.

Result 2-1 Loss

Away Vs Rhyl

The druid's wasted multiple chances in this one sided affair, but were unable to find a goal.

Result 0-0 Draw

Home Vs Bangor City

Another game of missed chances for the Druids in a game they should have won. Harris did find the net just before half time to level the scores.

Result 1-1 Draw

Neutral Vs Llanelli

The league leaders took the lead twice in the first half only for 2 goals from Shannon to put the Druids back on level terms twice. Llanelli turned on the style in the second half and won the game with 2 more goals. The millennium stadium must have looked strange with just 3770 supporters there.

Result 4-2 Loss

Form For This Period

Played 14

Won 7

Drawn 3

Lost 4

End Of Season Table

End Of Season Review - 2010/11

The Board were pleased with my performance this season although were disappointed with the cup final loss.

I am delighted with the finishing position in the league. But the huge gap to first place is worrying. We were the only team to beat Llanelli in the league all season. We will once again be in the Euro cup qualifiers.

I was very happy to get to the Cup final and play at the Millennium stadium. It was disappointing to lose but Llanelli were fantastic this season and were always going to be the favourites. This year I went 1 better and finished second in the manager of the year awards.

I think the goalkeeper Bradie Clarke deserves a mention. With the help of his defenders He kept 20 clean sheets in 39. Games. Also despite the team scoring less, Michael Noone finished the season with 25 assists.

Stats

Top Rated Player Tolley 7.22

Top Goal scorer Shannon 9

Most Assists Noone 25

Most Man of Match Francis 6

Stats for Full Squad

The average attendance stayed about the same at 270.

Finances

We received £1.6K prize money for our position in the league this year and a further £11K for our cup runs.(Plus the £64K for appearing in the Euro cup,) Gate Receipts and match day income once again made up the majority of the income. We finished the season with £201K in the bank. We can also look forward to another £64K as we are in the euro cup qualifiers again. We announced a new 4 year kit sponsorship deal which is worth £35K per year.

Playing Squad

I have allowed McNivens contract to run down and will let him go this summer. His stats seem to be dropping rapidly and he will be 33 soon so they will only get worse. It was a hard decision as he has scored 24 goals in 49 games since his arrival. I have not decided if I will replace him with another proven scorer or see how Connor and the 2 youngsters do given more opportunities.

Updates wont be as regular as i am back to work on monday so won't have much time to play.

Lianelli didn't slip in the end then? Still good work on finishing second!

They were unstoppable this season. Only lost one game to my team in the league and without those 3 goals only conceded 14 in the other 33 games. They will be hard to overturn and I'm sure TNS will be back up there next season too after a bit of a lapse this season.

Pre season Update - 2011/12

I met with the board and they set the target for this season to qualify for the euro cup via league placing (top 3) I agreed this was a realistic target. The budget was set at £24k transfer budget and £2.9k Wage Budget. The media predict we will finish 3rd and the bookies predict we will mount a strong title challenge.

Euro Cup

The Druids Euro cup qualifier is against Dutch side Az Alkmaar who have 13 internationals in their squad and their top earner is on £20,500 per week. AZ Reached The euro cup final in 1981. Once again it is the first game of the season, before a friendly can be arranged. When you are playing professional teams you at least want your players to be match fit.

Home Vs. Az Alkmaar Euro cup first qualifying round. 1st Leg.

The Druids were given no chance by the media before the game and the far superior Dutch side Played some fantastic football. The Druids did their best in front of a capacity crowd of 2000 but were no match for the visitors. Kelly scored a consolation goal.

Result 5-1 Loss

Away Vs. Az Alkmaar Euro cup first qualifying round. 2nd Leg.

With the Druids already out of the tie I decided to Give a hot prospect from the youth team a game. Danny Pringle is a 16 year old centre back who came through the youth team this summer. The coaches say he is as good as our first choice defenders. Pringle performed well enough in a game the Druids just had to try to keep the score down.

Result 4-0 Loss 9-1 agg.

The Druids made a total of £127k from this euro experience.

Squad Plans

I'm not looking to bring many players in this season as the squad is quite strong and the youngsters are still young enough to comply with the U19 rule.

I decided I will look for a replacement for McNiven. If I am going to Give Llanelli and TNS a run for their money I will need the strongest line up I can have and there is money in the wage budget for it. I also renewed most of the squads contracts for next year too.

Friendly Matches

I left my Assistant in charge for the friendlies.

The money making friendlies were against our friends Swansea and Bristol city this year. The Druids lost 4-1 to city and 2-0 to Swansea. A total of £16k was earned from the 1040 and 1407 gates.

Other games were against Wrexham (1-1) at home and 6 away games to lower league welsh teams.

The Druids won 4 , drew 1 and lost 1.

THE NEW SIGNINGS

Defensive Players

Danny Pringle

Position CD

I didn't actually sign this player. He came through the youth system this summer. My coaches are raving about him, Apparently he is already one of the best players at the club. He will be part of my first team squad this season. He has also signed a pre contract agreement to sign full time when he is 17.

Best Attributes Jumping, Pace and Strength

Wage £5 per Week, rising to £70 per week when he turns 17.

Strikers

Giuseppe Sole

Position AM(lc) FC

23 Year old former Woking forward. Has scored 45 league goals in his career so far. He is the replacement for McNiven so I hope he can teach my youngsters how to score. Can also play left midfield.

Best Attributes Pace, determination and agility.

Wage £275 per week

We are £460 per week below our wage budget.

FULL SQUAD

FIXTURES AND RESULTS - Start of 2011/12 Season

August

Away Vs Newtown

Tolley poked home Just before half time in an even first period. The Druids pushed forward and added 2 more goals to their tally, Connor in the 69th and Noone in the 77th were the scorers. The perfect start to the season For the Druids.

Result 3-0 Win

Away Vs Haverfordwest Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

In a game controlled by the Druids, Kelly's 27th minute goal was enough for the win.

Result 1-0 Win

Away Vs Porthmadog

The Druids were quick out of the blocks. Askey scored within the first minute. The home side were level with in five minutes. Askey in the 17th and Noone in the 24th minute wrapped the points up before the interval

Result 3-1 Win

Home Vs Llanelli

The Druids had Llanelli where they wanted them for the majority of this game. Sole scored in the 52nd minute and that was enough to take the win.

Result 1-0 Win

September

Home Vs Haverfordwest Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

Despite The Druids domination of this game they had to come from behind to get a share of the points. A goal down in the 40th minute , Ogden scored to even things up in the 53rd.

Result 1-1 Draw

Away Vs Carmathen

Goals just after half time and just before full time were enough to take the points in this one. Connor in the 44th and Francis in the 90th were the scorers.

Result 2-0 Win

Home Vs Bangor City

The Druids just shaded this one. Goals from Sole in the 36th and one in injury time at the end were enough to see off the visitors.

Result 2-0 Win

Home Vs Carmathen Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

An incredible display from Askey with 4 goals and 2 for Noone left the away team looking shell shocked.

Result 6-0 Win

October

Away Vs Bangor City Welsh Cup (2nd round)

The Druids were second best throughout this tie. Bangor scored on 31 minutes to take the lead. Askey got the Druids back on level terms in the 48th minute. An extra time Penalty was enough to win it for Bangor as the Druids went down to 10 men when Tolley saw red.

Result 2-1 Loss

Away Vs Carmathen Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

Connor scored just before the half time whistle after an uneventful first half. With the Druids playing well, sole extended the lead in the 75th. The home side got one back with only 5 minutes to go. Any chance of a comeback was quashed in injury time as Sole scored his second.

Result 3-1 Win

Home Vs Haverfordwest Welsh Premier League Cup (Group Stage)

In a very even match, Smarts 76th minute goal, after taking on 4 defenders, was the only difference between the 2 sides.

Result 1-0 Win

Away Vs Rhyl

An exciting first half ended with the score at 3-1 to the Druids. Connor, Francis and Sole the scorers in the 10th, 14th and 32nd minutes. An Udoji own goal nearly let Rhyl back into the game.

Result 3-2 Win

Home Vs Caersws Welsh Premier League Cup (Quarter Final)

The Druids applied the early pressure an raced into a 3 goal lead. Connor and Sole both scoring within the first 10 minutes. Then Smart scored in the 26th. Caersws got one back in the 35th. Then Francis nodded in Noones free kick to kill the game.

Result 4-1 Win

Form For This Period

Played 13

Won 11

Drawn 1

Lost 1

Table For End Of October

Where are Lianelli? Gone with the wind.. Almost an impeckable start and it is sure to be your year..

They have already lost more than last year but are still only a few points away. TNS are also right behind. I hope we can keep this form up and maybe we can pull a few more points ahead.

Archived