Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modders

What to do with young star?

Hello,

I am at the start of the second season of the game at Tottenham, and have a young youth star just turn up in my U18's team called Obinna Mohammed. He is a 16 year old striker, but has the following key attributes already for a fast or target striker:

Jumping 13

Heading 14

Strength 14

Off the ball 10

Pace 17

Acceleration 15

Dribbling 15

Technique 8

Finishing 12

Off the ball 10

So there are a couple of weak attributes in there, but he lloks he may cut the mustard in the PL already. All my coaches are agreed that he is 3* CA and 7* (the maximum) PA, with my expectations a top half finish after coming 6th last year. I am wondering what to do wiith this kid to develop him into the best player I can. Should I keep him in the U18's/Reserves until he's older? Put him straight in my squad and give him full games? Put him on the bench and often sub him on? Or I can loan him out. For this I have the 'offer to clubs' option as he is to young to be listed, or sent him to one of my feeder clubs - Leyton in league 1, Brentford in League 2, San Jose in the MLS or some unknown team in the top division of Poland. L1 and 2 are loaded, but not the MLS or Poland. He has no need for the Polish citizenship as he is already Nigerian with a second nation of English. I have already offered him a full - time pre contract on the maximum length (Summer 2013) so he can be on FT training ASAP and to stop the bigger clubs poaching him, although I may have an advantage as he has Tottenham as a favoured club and one of my coaches as Favoured Personnel. So, what should I do with him?

Personally, I'd keep him, play him in cup games mainly, but give him a go in the league as well. That's just me though, I do like to get youngsters involved, no matter how poor they are.

Get one of your best strikers to tutor him immediately. Pick a striker who is similar in style to him though (ie. No point picking Peter Crouch to tutor him if your youngster is 5ft tall with jumping/heading of 4/5 or something)

Will do that, and he seems to be a well-balenced player, so maybe Robbie Keane for ability or Darren Bent for all-round stats?

As the above have already said. Get him on a good training schedule and then get him tutored. Then start introducing him into the odd game. Once he reaches 18, try sending him out on loan for some proper first team action.

I have a similar situation with a few good youth regens. So when you guys say get them involved in the games, do you mean full games or sub appearences? I'm currently giving these players a couple sub appearances for the last 15-25 minutes if we are doing well, but is that not enough? Also if we are going to play big teams or are going to be in important games I tend to send the players back down to the youth team for 2 or 3 games so they just get game practice and stuff. Is that a good idea?

That's pretty much what I do. If we are winning 3-0 with half an hour left I will bring on some youngsters (If I have a subs bench of 7 players then normally 2 or 3 are youngsters who I am trying to give game time to). Even a few sub appearances here or there will help the attributes increase.

tutor him with someone with very strong mental stats.... once thats done he's improve super quick with some more technical based tutorship...

personally id put him in the first team squad but set him to available for the reserves...

he'll play all reserve games but will get some bench time in the first team too...

can bring him on every now and then when your winning heavily or cup games etc..

thing about youngsters is that tutorship and loaning etc will improve him but first team football of any type is 5 times as good as any of those other methods..

his speed and strength will garantee him some good performances aswell... so get him in there