So who is truly the best?

messi

The World's Best?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. The World's Best?

I'm an Evertonian, but I have to say that Fernando Torres is the best striker in the world. And all you can be is the best player in the world in the position you play. Torres is almost the perfect striker, so I have to say he's the best player on the planet right now at what he does.

Messi, of course, is superb - but I think he is too lightweight to be considered the "all round best" in the world.

tubey are you talking real life or in game here??

in game,... i cant get away from the fact that essien has been the top goalscorer, assister, tackler, passer and most miles covered player in most of my games ive played....

ive only ever managed him myself once but that goes to show how class he is and how valuable he can be to a team...

tubey are you talking real life or in game here??

in game,... i cant get away from the fact that essien has been the top goalscorer, assister, tackler, passer and most miles covered player in most of my games ive played....

ive only ever managed him myself once but that goes to show how class he is and how valuable he can be to a team...

Real life :)

If I was talking about in game in regards to the SI games, then obviously To Madeira overall ^^

Where is the option for Xavi and Iniesta? Possibly the two players that make Barcelona the team they are. Those through ball's and general control of the game is absolutely amazing. From the list though, definately has to be Messi. Just out-classes the rest.

Whers the option for Papa Diop ;) aha!

Intercept has a point tho, Xavi & Iniesta are world class midfielders with pin point passing that split any team :D

but from the list, Messi.. i just wish he was a bit stronger/taller :p

i have messi for barca and he isn't great, maybe i am not playing him to his best, how do you play him best, i some one could maybe tell me players instructions and PPM's please, cheers

I'm a Chelsea fan, but in terms of the best player in the world, I'm realistic enough to know the only candidate from Chelsea is Lampard. Maybe Drogba if he isn't rolling on the floor or screaming at some referee and is actually doing what he does best, scoring goals.

theyr all bad....the best players in the game is actually mexes, fazio, demichelis,gilberto silva..The only reason the scout say they are quality player i sbecause they have very high potentials...185+, but their actual rating is only 78-83/100...

It has a to be fernando Torres.

Always performs for me alsways guaranteed over 30 goals a season and is pretty loyal too. No other alternatives to him either.

I mean Messi can be replaced by Ronaldo and essien by Mascherano and Gerrard by Lampard /Iniesta etc.

p.s I am not a Liverpool fan or spanish

It has a to be fernando Torres.

Always performs for me alsways guaranteed over 30 goals a season and is pretty loyal too. No other alternatives to him either.

In Game - David Villa, Vagner Love and Ibrahimovic can all replace Torres and have as good if not better stats "where they count".

Still believe there should be an option for Iniesta and Xavi, but *shrugs* oh well!

In Game - David Villa, Vagner Love and Ibrahimovic can all replace Torres and have as good if not better stats "where they count".

Still believe there should be an option for Iniesta and Xavi, but *shrugs* oh well!

David Villa isn't the greatest of Target men, Vagnor Love doesn't have the same impact as Torres and am shocked you can even mention them in same breath and Ibrahimovic yes good but i still think torres would outscore him with ease. David Villa is closest replacement as he is a natural scoring threat but torres is the one i think every fm manger player really wants upfront, Alone or with Partner(s)

I don't. For the price you have to pay for Torres, Vagner Love is easier to attract and with the right settings can be a demon up front. Villa has been the top league goal scorer for the last three seasons in my Barcelona save and he is being managed by the AI. It all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day and while I have to agree that Torres is a brilliant player and will always score goals, I prefer others to him. It may also come down to the fact I have never managed to get him to be as profilic on this version as I was able to on FM08! :p

IRL Aguero is just as good, if not better than torres

Are you for Real???

Yes he is a good player but he has not really done anything against class opposition, Where was he in the champs league,

In FM world i may agree but IRL how u can you compare the both absolute ridiculus

David Villa isn't the greatest of Target men, Vagnor Love doesn't have the same impact as Torres and am shocked you can even mention them in same breath and Ibrahimovic yes good but i still think torres would outscore him with ease. David Villa is closest replacement as he is a natural scoring threat but torres is the one i think every fm manger player really wants upfront, Alone or with Partner(s)

'shocked you can even mention them in same breath' :D

Villa is as good as Torres both in game and IRL. And while I accept your opinion may differ, how you can possibly say Villa shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Torres is beyond me.

And no, not everyone that plays fm wants Torres as there main striker.

'shocked you can even mention them in same breath' :D

Villa is as good as Torres both in game and IRL. And while I accept your opinion may differ, how you can possibly say Villa shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Torres is beyond me.

And no, not everyone that plays fm wants Torres as there main striker.

It doesn't take much to realise he was referring to the mentioning of Vagner Love in the same breath as Torres as opposed to David Villa.

Xavi is the best player on FM in 4 seasons he has 87 goals and 116 assists, age is against him but I would pay virtually anything for him at the start of the game. Villa is also the best striker how Eto'o is on the list and Villa isnt is a mystery lol.

Cesc, De Rossi, and Essien should be up there. I really don't think there is a best player, because depending on how you play them, any of those could be the best really. I'd give the nod to Gerrard being the "best player" because he can do anything you ask of him.

Archived