[FM09] FC United - There's Only One Team in Manchester

dafuge

Well, at least you completed the challenge before it died. Had a nice career going as well, am i correct in assuming you won everything you could with the club in the top league? (league, FA cup, League cup, CWC, Champions league) ?

Yes, just missed out on the Europa League when we lost in the 2nd knockout round.

Is there any chance of recovering the save?

Possibly, but only if I recovered the hard drive from the old laptop. I've been working on a new game that has reached about the same point though, just without the great youth players. I'll be posting that one soon and updating it as I go.

cool. It must be a shame to have come so far and have it blow up on you though.

cheer up though, you could be a spurs fan. Crouch? no thanks :( [/endofftopicrant]

Luckily I had already achieved what I wanted to, so it wasn't quite that bad, although I think I would still be playing that save now had it not died.

I'm a Pompey fan, so mixed feelings there :(

Another Spurs fan here, I'd say he could do well as he's worked under Redknapp twice before and his partnership with defoe was working great last season - there was a thing about it on MOTD, but I digress...

Dafuge, could you do a similar thing with Dartford as well?

(as in post it on a career thread, it makes it easier to find)

Great career dafuge :thup: Just a shame your laptop blew up! And some very promising youngsters too. Enjoyed the read, just hope you can recover the save as it'd be interesting to see how long you could've dominated world football for.

Great work :thup:

An excellent career, and a good read, thanks. :)

I don't get too much time to play lately, and when I do, I play each match on full mode and 'micro manage', so it takes me a long time to get through a season. It always amazes me to see someone get so far into a career.

An excellent career, and a good read, thanks. :)

I don't get too much time to play lately, and when I do, I play each match on full mode and 'micro manage', so it takes me a long time to get through a season. It always amazes me to see someone get so far into a career.

I'm the opposite, I really do like to get on with it and zoom through the seasons.

I've got another save in 2025 which I'll post soon :cool:

I'm the opposite, I really do like to get on with it and zoom through the seasons.

I've got another save in 2025 which I'll post soon :cool:

Lol, over fifty years worth of FM in one 'real life' year. I can sometimes barely get through two or three seasons before the next FM comes out. :D

Will look forward to reading your next career. :)

Archived