Player awards! Seriously! Includes player naming

Ok, take a look at this:

statsm.th.jpg

There is no way anyone but Kroos would have even been considered for the German Footballer of the Year and Midfielder of the Year awards, but he doesn't even make the list for both of them!?!

To give a better idea of the situation:

Kroos had an amazing season. Overall he scored 28(6 penalties) and had 26 assists with 11 MoM awards. Playing as a MCa!

We won the League with 17 points difference, also the German Cup with ease and after an incredible run the Champions League - though with a s***-load of luck.

I've got to admit sometimes the awards shock me, and I'm not sure what criteria the games picks them on.

Although shocks do happen in real life, and great seasons are ignored, i dont believe a truly fantastic season is ever ignored IRL, as it appears to have done here by FM

I've got to admit sometimes the awards shock me, and I'm not sure what criteria the games picks them on.

Although shocks do happen in real life, and great seasons are ignored, i dont believe a truly fantastic season is ever ignored IRL, as it appears to have done here by FM

Cannarvaro? :thup:

Roy Keane losing out in the player of the year awards in '99 to Ginola seems pretty scandalous in retrospect.

I do agree that Kroos not winning there is a joke. I have a feeling he may have had to play in 26 league games though.

Roy Keane losing out in the player of the year awards in '99 to Ginola seems pretty scandalous in retrospect.

I do agree that Kroos not winning there is a joke. I have a feeling he may have had to play in 26 league games though.

Well Keane lost due to the number of United players nominated that season so the votes were spread out between the United players and Ginola snuck in with more votes.

On the issue of the awards and odd results in them - how about Giggs winning it this season. He didn't deserve it on this seasons performances so odd results do happen in real life.

Actually Kroos played in more games than the winner.

You say that like that's better. I believe the winner must have had better stats compared to the matches he played.

No, somebody suggested that you had to have a certain amount of games to be eligible.

And I don't really care for that much about this award, European and World Player/Footballer of the Year and the likes are the ones were I actually pay attention.

But still, looking at the stats it is so obvious that if an offensive player should win the award it has to be Kroos!

Looking at that screenshot Sissoko might have been an option, but Kroos team dominated the league which should work in has favor.

No, somebody suggested that you had to have a certain amount of games to be eligible.

And I don't really care for that much about this award, European and World Player/Footballer of the Year and the likes are the ones were I actually pay attention.

Off course they need to have a minimum amount of matches played. But he could still have had had better stats in less matches. And obviously Kroos must have won the award, that's beside the point.

Did Kroos suffer a serious injury in some way, such as missing 3 months somewhere during the playing season?

I've seen cases where players miss these awards entirely despite scoring upwards of 40+ goals in the Premiership, say, because they didn't play something like the last 5 matches of the season. The same goes if you win the title early and rest players.

This also applies for the other awards, like FIFA's Player of the Year award.

For example, I suspect that one of my goalkeepers hasn't won as many awards as he should have because I use my young goalkeepers in the Champions League group stage and the Coppa Italia. My goalkeeper has conceded the least goals in Serie A for a while now, too.

Archived