Fulham poor or me??

hello there.

I have been struggling with this game, and things just seem to getting worse. I have been so close to throwing my laptop out the window just recently!!

I am Fulham and for the last 2 seasons i have avoided relegation on the last game.

Finally when I started getting better results, i thought i had finally had worked this game out, but yet again, I am at the bottom fighting relegtion.

I have tried everything now. I have people's advice saying stick with your tactics and give them a chance...well how can i?!? If i play man utd or arsenal etc, i get thrashed, 4, 5, 6 goals go crashing in! When I do dominate all the possesion in a game, I have no clear cut chances and the few i get, we cannot score!! ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game just seems ridiculously hard, I want to play it because it is the only decent manager game around, but where is the fun in losing all the time.

Any obvious or helpful tips would be much appreciated.

it takes something special to rebuild your club once you've made it hit the ****, so maybe move onto another club and things will turn out better.

don't worry buddy, this has happened to me a lot of times and many people just say "oh you're a **** manager" but I'm sure they are hiding something about their management skills, whether it be cheating or just hiding their epic failures :D

Haha, just played west ham in FA Cup and lost 3-0...this is just typical. And we were at home.

And where is the fun in downloading a tactic... sad.

Resign, il be sacked before i get a chance. I think Alex Ferguson would struggle with this f****** game.

Hmm, there are plenty of people who have had success. Maybe you need to freshen your team up. Bring in a few people, get rid of the people failing for you, and try and go on from there.

Try a few games where you tell the players that the pressure is off, and maybe they might get the wins you need by not feeling under so much pressure.

If all else fails, leave and find another club.

Use the corner trick ie: Put your best header/jumper on challenge keeper and set corners to aim at penalty area (setting it to 6 yard box will get you more goals , you decide how much you want to exploit this trick).

Dont be scared to use default tactics they do work.

I leave creative freedom in the middle for all my defenders , they seem to go after the loose ball more often instaed of running away from it. :/

Use zonal defense on your Cb's and man marking on your FB's/WB's (zonal thru the middle just seems to be less leaky than man marking, but out wide you do need to mark their wingers. Also their full backs if they are playing attackingly.

Use a Good DM in front of your cb's ( good pace,tackling, positioning and hopefully heading) Allways use a dm to marks out their AMC, allways use one when the team your playing is better than yours.

If you cant score use 3 strikers . the middle a strong Target man and hold up ball , mixed fwr's and the rest to suit his skills. ie: if he can dribble great= run with ball, if he has passing,decisons and creativity above 13 on each= thru balls often. If he has under 12 longshot then set it to rare.

Your other two strikers set on normal mentality and freedom forward runs often all others set to his skills. Also use these to man mark their full backs Not tight marking tho.

If your full backs are slow mixed forward runs and make sure their mentality is -2 from the middle , if they are quick just let em run up more often. If they cant perform attacking duties then dont let em. A safe bet is to make em cross from deep and to mixed let them decide who the best target is, unless they are stupid then set em to target man.

Your MC's, have one on Zonal, tight marking, mid way allways closing, tackling normal, the other would be more attacking hopefully aggressive and brave and strong have him on zonal loose, but have him full on closing down and tackle hard. Give him higher CF and mentality you dont want him in your penaly zone defending. You want him to beat the crap out them in the middle and get the ball back asap or give away a free kick, thus slowing them down and breaking up the play allowing your team to set up.

Main thing is your tactics must suit your players skills, watch the whole game checkout the advice from the ass man during the game all the info is there you just gotta learn how to read it and use it.

Good luck

Thanks Jarmel, I will try the above. It is hard to attract decent players to Fulham, and if i get them, they move after a year to bigger club!! This i think is partly the reason, but still, should be doing better than this.

Cheers

PS

Player morale is important, Dont get angry with them ,if a player has played well tell him so using individual talks. Dont over train them if they are unhappy at their training workload then lower it ( this doesnt apply to teams that are winning and have good moral ).

Use the media to put pressure on the other team and use your prematch talk to take the pressure of yours.

Get them to play a midweek friendly against your under 16's so they can get a win that will give em a lil boost.

To keep your better players manually set their transfer price to heaps , 4 mill = set manual price of 20 million i think that makes other teams think twice before even commenting. I dunno what effect it has on the player and if he will want a larger salary ?? I havnt noticed any difference.

I'm playing as braga and had liverpool and At Madrid sniffing around two of my strikers so i did the above and it all went quiet, for now ;)

You didnt watch the whole match did you , it does pay to when your side is struggling. you can look at the stats and see who is doing the damage for them, a MC or one of the FB's getting heaps of the ball and high pass completion? Then Tag em out man mark tight.

Is your pass completion bad ? lower tempo and raise timewasting that will help, or are you jut bombing it up front all the time ?

I dont usually watch the whle game. I try and make the changes at half time, but was already 3-0 down. I dont seem to be able to score. I try patient football, i try direct, neither work.

What do you do when your assist manager says our crosses are not connecting??

Look at your tactics, and persevere. Success can come from just keeping going through the bad times. What you have to remember is the FM database does not see Fulham as an especially big side and therefore it is harder to succeed.

Well done mate, was this the first year you won the league?

How many seasons where you near the bottom??

fulhamv.png

I started off really bad since it was first time playing fm 09 was getting used to it but as the years went on it was gradual progression even though i got stuck around the europa league places. Main way i would make money was to buy people with expiring contracts and sell them for decent money, i also had a policy of selling anyone approaching the age of 30 if they had significant value then buying younger alternatives. Main way i broke into top 4 was buy spending over 90m but in order to finance that i had to sell over 100m worth of players. Finally getting my new 40k stadium too :)

25554212.png

good luck with your game

Archived