A tool I wish someone could create...

Mr Sandman

I'm not expert with creating programs but something that I feel would be nice is this...

An editor where you can import data from one database to another, for example if I spent 100 hours creating a 'legends' database on FM 10.0.1 they become redundant once 10.0.2 comes out and I have to do it all again. Similar I like to create youngsters that aren't allowed in the game, Icardi, Etock, Spear, Mceacharan etc. However I have to do this over and over?

Would it be easy to create something like this, who believes its a good idea?

Or is it even possible to do this as some of the 'people dat' is in notepad? can you copy and paste certain data?

thanks

Would be nice in theory the only major problem could be DB conflicts such as duplicate IDs with your created players, hopefully any imported created players from another DB could be regenerated with new unused IDs.

Hopefully S.I could include this it would make editing DBs so much more flexible.

So a definite yes from me.

It might be "enough" if the content of a database could be exported into another program (let's say Excel) and reimported again after doing all desired changes. I'm not expert at all but I imagine that it might not be impossible to extract data but it would be much more difficult to do the opposite. It's should be an option of the official editor in order to avoid problems but there might be commercial problems rather than technical ones. It would be interesting for many reasons: main one is the one you said. For instance, I was going to prepare an Austrian update for the new season but I'd need to do all the job again when there will be final updates, at the beginning of september. In this sense, the problem is that most of seasonal updates cannot be as much accurate for every nation as they are for the updater nation.

Archived