Play 'old-school' and succeed!

Okay, YouTube completely butchered my video and made it impossible to read the text. So i also uploaded it to my own webspace.

Full size video on RefPlanet (27 MB)

For those who don't go to the YouTube version, here is the description:

=============================================

THIS VIDEO IS BEST VIEWED IN FULL SCREEN!

This is a test of the game engine, to see if you get a different match outcome if you select a different view mode for the match.

I ran the test using VMWare Workstation 6, which saves the memory state of the game at any time i choose, so all of the "random seed" effects can't effect the game.

The results? See for yourself.

P.S.: I skipped all the VM Ware loading phases, because they take a couple minutes each, and the video would go over 10 minutes if i left them in. If you are still skeptical, go download the trial version of VM Ware Workstation and test this out for yourself.

P.P.S.: This is my test save game within VM Ware. I only use it for VM Ware tests. I don't support Chelsea, and i don't actually play this save seriously. Why would i play FM on a virtual machine when i could just play it under my normal operating system? icon_wink.gif

=============================================

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

LOL...okay, i'll just keep repeating this until people start to get it.

I'll run the same test as the guy two above.

Icelandic League, i'm HK in the First Division. I'll play a match with 2D view (2D), then reload, and paly the same match with Commentary Only (CO). I will post stats that are so arbitrary, that you can't call it a coincidence. I am using VMWare.

v. Selfoss:

I saved the memory state just before submitting the team.

2D: Score 4-2, shots 21-10, pass% 60-56, tackle% 71-68. Jesper Henriksen missed a penalty in the 34th minute.

CO: Score 4-2, shots 21-10, pass% 60-56, tackle% 71-68. Jesper Henriksen missed a penalty in the 34th minute.

Just to test further, i restarted again, played the whole first half, then changed the GK at halftime. Results:

2D: Score 2-1, shots 15-8, pass% 57-56, tackle% 70-70. GKs completed 3 and 4 passes, respectively.

CO: Score 2-1, shots 15-8, pass% 57-56, tackle% 70-70. Only goal scored after HT was by Gudmunsson in the 77th. GKs completed 3 and 4 passes, respectively.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......of course, the sample size of my standard deviation (or whatever) is small, so it could be total rubbish icon_rolleyes.gif

Next game, v. Þrottur:

Before i submit the team, i saved the memory state, then i swapped my left and right mids.

2D: Score 1-0, shots 10-4, pass% 61-59, tackle% 74-77. Jaya scored the only goal from his swapped Right Mid position in the 48th.

CO: Score 1-0, shots 10-4, pass% 61-59, tackle% 74-77. Jaya scored the only goal from his swapped Right Mid position in the 48th.

Now i reloaded again, this time i did not switch my left and right mids before submitting the team.

2D: Score 3-0, shots 14-6, pass% 72-62, tackle% 77-67. Jaya scored in the 68th this time, and Ngwenya scored twice in the first half.

CO: Score 3-0, shots 14-6, pass% 72-62, tackle% 77-67. Jaya scored in the 68th this time, and Ngwenya scored twice in the first half.

Need me to test anything else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AH! But you forget that the Evil AI compensates and reverts to unaltered processing when it detects a test environment. icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

AH! But you forget that the Evil AI compensates and reverts to unaltered processing when it detects a test environment. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? lol icon_biggrin.gif

Archived