Twittergate (aka FM2010 work in progress screenshot)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vodka can be sent too....

Miles Jacobson

Sports Interactive

PO Box......

:p

Any brand he likes the most? Any other booze? We'll do anything for more screenshots

They finally curbed drinking at football clubs in England, now moving on to FM/SI Games ;)

Looks like a improvement over the predecessor but we are looking more towards game play changes and cosmetic is really in material when you great designers out there who make better skins but the interface looks more user friendly and that can only be a good thing.

I think it's really nice and clear, but i see there's a lot of space occupied by menus in the upper part of the screen and less on the sides. With all the widescreen monitors out now, wouldn't be a sidebar more user-friendly?

• SI Staff
Besides a different skin have you guys done anything to fix the gameplay?

We're not going to be announcing anything about FM2010 until mid August

• SI Staff
So your saying once you have a couple of vodka's then you suddenly have the urge to post a W.I.P skin of FM10 ?

i dont know anything about the guy apart from that he obviously works for S.I ... but from my point of view, i thought it was setup . But if it was or if it wasnt, i still think it has been a positive for S.I to think about

It was more than a few and it severely clouded my judgement. My previous post on there had mentioned that I was mucking about with the new GUi, had lots of people (mainly friends, rather than forummites) asking me about it, and stupidly posted something. I won't make that mistake again.

I do agree that it's been a positive though. Might schedule to do it next year!

We're not going to be announcing anything about FM2010 until mid August

It's the middle of August now :p

You developers remind me of a girl i went out with once she was a tease and she was soon dumped dont do the same ill go i mean it :D

Thanks

Got to admit, I thought that would be the other graphics thread made by StanPetrov, this one. :)

tbh, i thought very highly of both yours and stanpetrov's, but yours stood out to me, because of the user friendliness in yours, which, I think, in the game's current state, when we have questions quite often about what different attributes mean, and what they affect, we would benefit from the actual explaination there for the user.

Got to admit, i had forgotten stanpetrov's idea, and I would certainly reccomend that as well as arsenal_2111's. :thup:

EDIT: lol I've just realised how many more comments my reference has given your thread ;)

It should also lead to a few more mods, as Neil will be heading up the moderation of the forums, and over the coming months, new forum rules to try and make the forums a bit more friendly again, although it has been noted that it's been getting much better on here over the last few months.

If the Football Forum and Off Topic are anything to go by, you can think again. I just read a thread where a Moderator informs us that he sh*t his pants in his sitting room.

For an official game community forum this is easilly the worst I have ever seen. There is nothing that speaks "amateur" more than the company you keep and the behaviour you foster on these forum.

www.eveonline.com you are not and it doesn't look like you ever will be. Good to read that you really want to try, but it looks a long haul from amateur to professional fan involvement from where I am sitting, and reading.

These forums are not a good advert for your game and your company. Infact you probably couldn't get much worse if you tried.

But atleast I know how many prostitutes Dave screwed in Amsterdam last month. That's something atleast.

If the Football Forum and Off Topic are anything to go by, you can think again. I just read a thread where a Moderator informs us that he sh*t his pants in his sitting room.

For an official game community forum this is easilly the worst I have ever seen. There is nothing that speaks "amateur" more than the company you keep and the behaviour you foster on these forum.

www.eveonline.com you are not and it doesn't look like you ever will be. Good to read that you really want to try, but it looks a long haul from amateur to professional fan involvement from where I am sitting, and reading.

These forums are not a good advert for your game and your company. Infact you probably couldn't get much worse if you tried.

But atleast I know how many prostitutes Dave screwed in Amsterdam last month. That's something atleast.

To be fair, I think half of the problem is people who think they're God's gift to Earth writing up things that everyone already knows but using longer words to make themselves feel clever and popular.

:)

To be fair, I think half of the problem is people who think they're God's gift to Earth writing up things that everyone already knows but using longer words to make themselves feel clever and popular.

Personally speaking, I think the entire problem is not having a comfortable atmosphere for customers to discuss football and football manager without people like you butting in with personal insults and flagrant abuse.

A perfect case in point, thank you very much.

Personally speaking, I think the entire problem is not having a comfortable atmosphere for customers to discuss football and football manager without people like you butting in with personal insults and flagrant abuse.

A perfect case in point, thank you very much.

Whereas I feel the problem is a lack of community, with everyone taking everything people say as 100% serious and people feeling that there is no point even trying to have a bit of a laugh about something because they will be jumped on.

:rolleyes:

Link to the eve-o forums is nice and all but it's a specialized forum aimed only at that game. This one is a forum for all the SI products and a lot less manageable. I guess if you want(ed) to make a fair comparison, you would compare the eve forums with the "Football Manager Forums" section of this one.

That's not to say that i don't agree that this forum needs to be better(specially about people being allowed to discuss stuff about the game without all the moaners trashing the threads), it certainly does, it's just ... compare apples to apples and not to oranges.

EDIT: however iif you think this community is "one of the worst you have ever seen", you really need to start browsing more official forums of other games/companies.

You do like the forums, otherwise you wouldn't have racked up 900 posts here.

And FWIW, moderators crapping themseles in sitting rooms is an very good read indeed.

Guest roberto922

Looks alright, glad to see less of the shortcuts though, never use them except the news and home buttons

however iif you think this community is "one of the worst you have ever seen", you really need to start browsing more official forums of other games/companies.

I would, but I don't buy their games. For the games I do buy and the communities I do engage with, this is by far the worst. It's not even close.

No one with anything to write or discuss about this game properly posts here anymore, except to defend the game if they happen to have a vested interest in this site. While the football/thug community is ripe and wholesome the Football Manager community is dead and buried, because of posts like these that are welcomed and encouraged because they are not stopped.

Whereas I feel the problem is a lack of community, with everyone taking everything people say as 100% serious and people feeling that there is no point even trying to have a bit of a laugh about something because they will be jumped on.

:rolleyes:

It's all well and good wishing to communicate better with the fanbase, but who exactly are SI going to communicate with? This isn't a fansite or FM community. It is a developer blog in the middle of a horrific Off-Topic forum.

Basically it's rubbish. If I was developing a game and wanted to bring the development process closer to the community I would be scrapping this place and starting again, fast.

Guest roberto922

Sfraser - save it for another thread, this isn't the place for discussing whether the community is dead

It's all well and good wishing to communicate better with the fanbase, but who exactly are SI going to communicate with? This isn't a fansite or FM community. It is a developer blog in the middle of a horrific Off-Topic forum.

Basically it's rubbish. If I was developing a game and wanted to bring the development process closer to the community I would be scrapping this place and starting again, fast.

To be honest, if you hate these forums that much, why do you post here? Personally I like it in this forum.

There are a few members who I don't like so much, but there are way more that I do like. This is a community. I'm involved in it. The SI staff are involved in it. There are hundreds of people involved in it. Why? Because we want to be. We enjoy posting about Football Manager, the game we love. Who cares if the occasional thread contains a joke - I don't know about others but I'd much prefer a friendly, relaxed atmosphere than that site you linked to. I mean, that looks like a court document or something similar.

No, I have no interest in the game. But even if I did play that game I wouldn't want to be on those forums. Granted I've only looked in a couple of threads from there, but (apologies if you take offence to this) that forum looks like it has the personality of an apple.

Personally, I prefer having different types of people around here. I'm not going to say a forum is crap just because not everyone on there is as clever as each other. I'm not the sort of person who would want people to feel like they're not good enough to post on a forum, for someone to not take the chance to get help because they may not want to write out an essay. That type people will be here, on this site or on a new site. There will always be spammers, when there is a fanbase the size of Football Manager's that is inevitable.

From what you say, you don't like having a forum that is relaxed, not iron fisted. But that's the way this forum is. If you don't like it, tough.

To be honest, if you hate these forums that much, why do you post here? Personally I like it in this forum.

There are a few members who I don't like so much, but there are way more that I do like. This is a community. I'm involved in it. The SI staff are involved in it. There are hundreds of people involved in it. Why? Because we want to be. We enjoy posting about Football Manager, the game we love. Who cares if the occasional thread contains a joke - I don't know about others but I'd much prefer a friendly, relaxed atmosphere than that site you linked to. I mean, that looks like a court document or something similar.

No, I have no interest in the game. But even if I did play that game I wouldn't want to be on those forums. Granted I've only looked in a couple of threads from there, but (apologies if you take offence to this) that forum looks like it has the personality of an apple.

Personally, I prefer having different types of people around here. I'm not going to say a forum is crap just because not everyone on there is as clever as each other. I'm not the sort of person who would want people to feel like they're not good enough to post on a forum, for someone to not take the chance to get help because they may not want to write out an essay. That type people will be here, on this site or on a new site. There will always be spammers, when there is a fanbase the size of Football Manager's that is inevitable.

From what you say, you don't like having a forum that is relaxed, not iron fisted. But that's the way this forum is. If you don't like it, tough.

Now, while i disagree with SFraser on trying to compare this forum to others, saying this forum is "relaxed" is an exaggeration as far as they go.

I've been following the forums, although not posting, since 2003 and i'd say that 90% of the users are hyperactive kids that need something right here right now and if they don't get it, they're going to make some hissy fit. If it was this relaxed, there would be no reason for SI members to said they have been avoiding posting on the forums and only now it's becoming better.

I really didn't want to post my opinion on this matter but I really must put in my view on this.

This place has one of the best communities I have seen in terms of relationships and how relaxed I feel. I have not been posting in GD as much as I should be recently but that does not mean that these forums have gone downhill. It's a quiet time, but in it's prime, the discussion that goes on in all sections of the football manager forums is fantastic. That is why myself and many others are still here a year/years on from when we subscribed.

I feel I have made some 'friends' on here that I am very glad I came across. I enjoy posting here and feel I can post without anybody coming on top of me and punishing me for flawed views. The debate that goes on here is serious but not too serious. You can, generally, have a debate without personal attacks coming through.

The link you gave us just isn't my sort of thing. I am not into posting 5000 words and providing multiple graphs that provide all the evidence you would ever need to back up my point. It is just too serious. That's why I love this place, it's cool. Most people are chilled out and relaxed.

SFraser, that's so narrow minded it beggars belief. Try walking into FMS, or CSE, or if you have the stomach for it, LLM, and then tell me that there's no community on here. Even here, when the kids aren't around, there's a core of good users. OTF is also a forum where there are a few "wildcards" (the prositute threads are prime example) but those numbers are declining thanks to a spin off forum. There are even less, if any, of these "wildcards" in the Football Forum.

Well done on finding Serpico's thread, he must have posted that, what, two months ago?

SFraser, that's so narrow minded it beggars belief. Try walking into FMS, or CSE, or if you have the stomach for it, LLM, and then tell me that there's no community on here. Even here, when the kids aren't around, there's a core of good users. OTF is also a forum where there are a few "wildcards" (the prositute threads are prime example) but those numbers are declining thanks to a spin off forum. There are even less, if any, of these "wildcards" in the Football Forum.

Well done on finding Serpico's thread, he must have posted that, what, two months ago?

MEaning he has no right compaining about threads if he actively searches for them.

The forums might have a few members/threads that gets out of hand, leading to arguments and a vast clash of opinions, It doesn't mean it isn't a community.

SI have acknowledged the problem with the forums, had a sticky topic running for months, created some new rules which will be implemented soon and appointed someone to oversee moderation. The ship has sailed on this topic, so let's get back to mocking Miles and admiring/having a hissy fit about the new interface.

SI have acknowledged the problem with the forums, had a sticky topic running for months, created some new rules which will be implemented soon and appointed someone to oversee moderation. The ship has sailed on this topic, so let's get back to mocking Miles and admiring/having a hissy fit about the new interface.

Weren't those rule changes etc. brought into place a good few months back?

The man has serious problems. I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for him. He so wants to be seen as intelligent, but sadly fails to appreciate that the perception of intelligence is gained from what he says, not how he says it. He thinks if he uses uncommon words in his writing this will make him look clever, but it doesn't - it just makes him look like a man trying to be clever, it's too transparent.

There are plenty of intelligent posters in OTF, all of whom write in a conversational style. As I said earlier in the thread, even academics don't write in his style - because they want to be understood - the whole point of writing in the first place.

I've been on many forums over the years, and this is the only one I keep coming back to.

I agree that the official FM forums aren’t as thriving as the unofficial ones, but I don’t think that’s for any of the reasons stated.

GQ used to be quite vibrant and full of discussion from both the userbase and developers but now it just seems to be full of patch queries and people posting their best XI and so on. People don’t tend to discuss the game in-depth because it’s heartbreaking when you type up a long, thought out thread discussing the transfer module only to have it slip off page one and into obscurity within a day because the forum is spammed so much.

That has always been the case. In 2000 I used to try and make some constructive points about the game that just got lost in the volume of posts, most of which didn't offer anything constructive.

So I went into Your Shout, and that became the place for constructive criticism for a few years - mainly because it remained outside the focus of the majority and was only found by regular visitors to the site. It was quite influential for a while, and the developers (mainly Marc Vaughan) did listen to us and did implement many of the ideas that came out of the discussion. I didn't do this because I thought what I had to say was more important - I just wanted to be heard.

Whining about things doesn't help and if you can't get on with anyone on a forum this size, then the issue is almost certainly not with the forum. There'll always be people you get on better with than others - there'll always be people who take a dislike to you for whatever reason, but one thing is true: if you can't get on with most of the people, it isn't because you're above them which is something SFraser either believes, wants to believe or is an image he wants to transmit. He needs to take a long hard look at his own behaviour, but maybe he's too afraid to do that - scared of what he'll find. I would be if I was him.

Archived