[FM08] Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams

NepentheZ

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who's in so far? Only Knockbreda and Wallace vs Roberts come to mind

1. FM08 Softies - Softies team from the FM08 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Fisher Athletic)
  2. FM08 Monkeys - Monkeys team from the FM08 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Solihull Moors)
  3. FM09 Softies - Softies team from the FM09 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Braintree Town)
  4. FM09 Monkeys - Monkeys team from the FM09 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Blyth Spartans)
  5. Estudiantes Santander - DodgeeD
  6. Savona - iacovone
  7. Dartford - dafuge
  8. Guangdong Rizhiquan - TaylorB
  9. Barito Putra Banjarmasin - JSalter
  10. FC Sachsen Leipzig - el sid
  11. Chippenham Town - MikaelS
  12. FC United - michaelmurrayuk
  13. Knockbreda - NepentheZ
  14. Domegliara - PRDH
  15. Wealdstone - kaNovi
  16. Gloucester City - Marky Mark!

Those. :);)

Glad to see this thread back up and running again!

My game with Lisburn Rangers is reaching 2030 and its still annoyingly compelling! I just hate the fact that I have loads of good quality NI players but all 3 managers of the national team refuse to pick a single one of them - preferring free agents with awful stats & thus losing 7-0 or worse every game! Did you ever have that problem Nep?

I just can't bridge that last gap into semis of europe, I have the talent but no luck!

Great thread and keep up the good work!

Glad to see this thread back up and running again!

My game with Lisburn Rangers is reaching 2030 and its still annoyingly compelling! I just hate the fact that I have loads of good quality NI players but all 3 managers of the national team refuse to pick a single one of them - preferring free agents with awful stats & thus losing 7-0 or worse every game! Did you ever have that problem Nep?

I just can't bridge that last gap into semis of europe, I have the talent but no luck!

Great thread and keep up the good work!

Strangely not. I have 3 players currently in the N. Irish squad, [smylie, Youth Player 1, Gary Lappin] - and an amazing THIRTEEN of the N. Irish players are from my youth team, but now play else where. I also currently have 3 players in the U-21's [would be more, but have a few injuries] and an amazing FOURTEEN players in the U-19's squad :D

• 2 weeks later...

Knockbreda Parish FC, Season 40 [2047/2048]

First Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Premier Division - Winners

N. Irish League Cup - Winners

N. Irish Antrim Cup - Winners

Champions League - Quarter Final

World Club Championship - Winners

Super Cup - Winners

All Ireland Cup - Winners

N. Irish Cup - Winners

Reserve Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Reserve Group - Winners

Antrim Trophy - Winners

Intermediate Cup - Winners

U-18's Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish U-18's Group - Winners

U-18's Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients [Knockbreda are Ranked 4th]

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

Champions League Best Player - Andrew Smylie

Champions League Dream Team - 3 Players

Champions League Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

Champions League Best Goal - Andrew Smylie

World Club Championship Best Player - Youth Player 1

European Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

Fans Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas [NepentheZ]

N. Irish Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

Player of the Year [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

Young Player of the Year [NIP] - Nigel Hughes[/url]

Top Goal Scorer [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

The Records

Most Games Without Losing - 54 Games

The Transfers - In

No one of note.

The Player

Graham Downey - This guy has been at the club for a long, long time. This was arguably his best season. Scoring goals, creating goals, and really stepping up when Smylie was injured or unfit.

Andrew Smylie - Still doing it even at 33. 122 goals this term. Superb return.

The Games

Knockbreda 2-1 Chelsea [ECC 1st KO Round, Leg 2]

After a 2-2 draw for me away at Stamford Bridge, this was a big game. They missed a Pen, which was nice, but this was a huge win over a very good Chelsea side.

Summary

A decent season. Aside from the ECC, I won every single competition, [being 7 of them] - So I can't really complain. Fixture list was crazy at the end of the season due to the CWC and the Super Cup, and ultimately, this cost me further progress in the ECC, as I was playing league games on the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday before the ECC game on the Wednesday. A lot of my team is getting very old now, so I need to start finding some 18-21 year olds to fill the boots in the coming years.

Hi Nepenthez, I read this thread with interest, I'm amazed by your career, to be honest I tend to lose interest in any career I started after 3-4 seasons.

I usually choose to manage small premiership or championship teams but after I'm able to win an European trophy my interest for the game drops down, finding it a bit too easy.

That's why I feel some envy :rolleyes: for your fantastic career, I hope I will find a game that could keep me hooked so much. :thup:

how the hell do you get such an amazing regen? why was the n.irish league so strong? did u give everyone perfect youth academys? how did you keep the players from big clubs?? why was that Paul Wallace guys value only 65k in his prime? what a bargain he would be.

Celtic :

Amazing regens for me have been few and far between. In a 40 year career, I've had just 3 or 4 players of note, that have been "Amazing".

The N. Irish leagues are RUBBISH. Absolutely trash. To prove this, I've taken over as a newly promoted club 39 seasons in. I got promoted right away in the first season with them. Apart from myself, Linfield, Glentoran and Portadown (maybe 1 or 2 others) - that standard of the clubs are about as good as the BSP. Thats not even a joke. I have not used the editor at all, either. So no, they don't all have perfect youth academies. I've been lucky with a couple of players in regards to them not leaving. Either high loyalty stats, or the fact that I constantly keep them on 5 year deals, and renew whenever possible has led me to keep a few. I've lost a lot of my great players too, though. And the reason why Paul Wallace was only worth £65,000 in his prime, is because of the league reputation. I sold one of my players to Aston Villa about 6 years ago. The guy is about as good as Wallace. I sold him for £50,000. (His market value was £12,000 ) - He's now worth nearly £8,000,000 quite simply because of the reputation of the English league.

I've downloaded the FM10 Demo. Not yet installed it. Have been so busy with work the last 10 days, and had some personal stuff going on too, that I've only managed to get to the 5th game of the new season since my update. I might have to see out Smylies career, and call it a day on this, unless FM10 is rubbish, in which case, I'll be back on the 08 boat quicker than you can say Knockbreda Parish Football Club of Northern Ireland have won the European Champions Cup. :thup:

I've downloaded the FM10 Demo. Not yet installed it. Have been so busy with work the last 10 days, and had some personal stuff going on too, that I've only managed to get to the 5th game of the new season since my update. I might have to see out Smylies career, and call it a day on this, unless FM10 is rubbish, in which case, I'll be back on the 08 boat quicker than you can say Knockbreda Parish Football Club of Northern Ireland have won the European Champions Cup. :thup:

:D

Yes, you've got to see out his career. :thup:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you do come around to playing FM10 though.

But it's always a wrench to finish with a much loved save and start a new one. :(

Regards,

C.

Celtic :

Amazing regens for me have been few and far between. In a 40 year career, I've had just 3 or 4 players of note, that have been "Amazing".

The N. Irish leagues are RUBBISH. Absolutely trash. To prove this, I've taken over as a newly promoted club 39 seasons in. I got promoted right away in the first season with them. Apart from myself, Linfield, Glentoran and Portadown (maybe 1 or 2 others) - that standard of the clubs are about as good as the BSP. Thats not even a joke. I have not used the editor at all, either. So no, they don't all have perfect youth academies. I've been lucky with a couple of players in regards to them not leaving. Either high loyalty stats, or the fact that I constantly keep them on 5 year deals, and renew whenever possible has led me to keep a few. I've lost a lot of my great players too, though. And the reason why Paul Wallace was only worth £65,000 in his prime, is because of the league reputation. I sold one of my players to Aston Villa about 6 years ago. The guy is about as good as Wallace. I sold him for £50,000. (His market value was £12,000 ) - He's now worth nearly £8,000,000 quite simply because of the reputation of the English league.

oh right cool yeh, just wandering, i've not been as lucky to get any gems really, always have to buy my regens! kind of tempted to manage in N.Ireland then, see how far i can get in europe.

• 2 weeks later...

At 34 years of age, I have just had the 1st Transfer window in 18 seasons, where there were no bids for Smylie. \o/ - Success. :)

Also, taking all goals in to account (ofc, not friendlies) - Smylie is now just 158 away from that magical 3,000 goal mark, at which point, I will end this save game. (Unless FM10 is pants. And then I will carry on :thup: )

Edit : 155 away now :D

For the sake of some personal glory, I'm just about to embark on my first ever NIP game, where all 11 players starting the game, are from my youth team. (9 from the YPP Thread, Smylie and Downey). There is only 1 player out of position, YP2 playing DL when he is actually a DC. Lets hope my youth team can pick me up a sensational win. :thup:

Haha, I'm sensing a career ending injury at the end of this season ;)

I hate you.

He's just been injured for 3 months, ruling him out of the rest of the season. 140 Goals short. I don't think its career threatening, however, and injury like this, to a guy of his age (now 34) - will see his stats decline MASSIVELY. It could mean the 3,000 mark is not met :(

You're sorry, are you.

Well, you best be. Because Smylie has 115 caps for N. Ireland. The all time cap holder has 119. Because of this injury, Smylie will probably never play for N. Ireland again (He was only used as a sub for the last 18 months).

So thanks. :thdn:

:D

You might have answered this before but I'll ask anyway: how come you've never managed the national team? Would have thought you'd be a dead cert for it if it came up!

For goodness sake, do a search :rolleyes:;)

http://www.community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3577603&postcount=181

Fwiw, you have to laugh at how unlucky this is. If you didn't, you'd cry...

Its pretty weird. Most managers get sacked so quick. The England manager got sacked after winning Euro something or other. N. Ireland manager has only ever qualified for 1 major tournament, and seems unsackable. And there we all were, thinking SI were anti-that option :D

Archived